Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    And with this in mind, as a member of the Royal Samandan Court, I would like to propose an additional title for Coley...Royal Doppelgänger.
    It shall be taken under due consideration ... methinks the lass has so many titles already, that her cup runneth over! However, I can attest to the fact that she is the Sam Carter of mountain climbing!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i don't think he'll answer anything about sam and jack at all

a very good reason could be that they literally don't know. they don't know how much rda will be back for s9 - we do know that the early eps that he's confirmed to be in won't have amanda in it/them.

personally, i think he's going to avoid the topic at all

he doesn't want to promise something they can't deliver and you might want to consider this as well, if he said 'yes, they're gonna get together and be married in the s9 finale'...well the anti's WILL flood and bury them in letters of protest
      Hey I don't expect diddley-squat regarding Jack and Sam...but I was at least hoping for a clear answer regarding whether or not Sam would maintain her status as the snarky kickbutt SG-1 team leader and continue to grow in that capacity...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        These are really bad photos.. I tried to clean them up real quick but gave up lol.

I thought I'd add these pictures as well, because I think they're cute (not in a S/J kind of way), but in a AT/RDA kind of way.

I think it's funny how the two of them seem to mimick each other's hand gestures. I used to think it was RDA and nervous energy, but I've seen scenes where AT mimicks RDA's gestures as well.

One would guess that after eight years of working with one another, the entire team probably have a way of unconciously mimicking one another, but I thought this was amusing seeing as it was the pilot episode.
        These are great observations, Kat! Are you a couples therapist by any chance?!

Comment

Hey I don't expect diddley-squat regarding Jack and Sam...but I was at least hoping for a clear answer regarding whether or not Sam would maintain her status as the snarky kickbutt SG-1 team leader and continue to grow in that capacity...
          ... and the fact that JM could not validate that is worrisome ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            ... and the fact that JM could not validate that is worrisome ....
            Here's a response to someone else's question regarding Mitchell and Carter...

Brace yourself.

Q. Some sites are saying that Lt. Col. Mitchell will be contributing the smart alec-ey remarks (and humour) to the team in Season 9. Any comments? If this is so, how will Carter be reacting to all this (considering that, for once, she outranks the smart alec)?

Mitchell has a sense of humor, not unlike Daniel, Carter, and even Teal'c. As for Carter outranking Mitchell...she does?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh Kat, that was lovely of you to post that. I have, surprisingly, not read that many interviews etc… by Amanda, so it is wonderful to read something like that. I also love what you had to say.

Chopingal, I got your PM, twice, so I’m not sure why you were having trouble. Thankyou for writing what you did to me. I’ve not yet managed to reply to a number of PM’s, so sorry if it seemed like the message wasn’t getting to me.

As for the SaGC collection, after almost two hours I am 68% through the download. I’m hoping to actually get a look at it sometime in the next hour.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

joe has to be very careful not to commit himself to something that might come back and bite him in the tushie later. if he says 'yep, get ready for the wedding' and then those plans fall through, he loses credibility not to mention possibly getting in trouble with his bosses
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Oh Boy! - There goes 1speed. I've never seen him move so quick - faster than Sam Carter in an F302 - and all Coley said was "Would you prefer the leather or leopard skin restraints tonight?"

My Lord, Astro ... you're the one who taught Coley how to post pictures on to the thread. What have you wrought?!!

LOL ... there will be no stopping Mountain Momma for sure now! And the doggie in the picture is the cheekiest and most handsome mutt in all of central England. His name is Hugo! Oops, not Urgo, just Hugo!

Comment

Brace yourself.

Q. Some sites are saying that Lt. Col. Mitchell will be contributing the smart alec-ey remarks (and humour) to the team in Season 9. Any comments? If this is so, how will Carter be reacting to all this (considering that, for once, she outranks the smart alec)?

Mitchell has a sense of humor, not unlike Daniel, Carter, and even Teal'c. As for Carter outranking Mitchell...she does?

theyu're both lt. colonels, which means that they are the same rank

as to who's the boss, hey, they gotta try and keep folks hooked somehow. for some viewers, that hook is vala and cam, for others, it's sam
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what she said.

I spent years when i was younger trying to change myself to fit in. Nothing was ever good enough, largely because i just wasn't ever able to measure up and attain what others had.

finally, i decided to stop trying to be as good as or better than ______ and to just be me.

as me i will be better at some things than others, and i'll be worse. but at the end of the day, i'm Me.

and people can accept me as i am, or not. but that's their problem, not mine
                      Lovely post, Skydiver! I agree. We each find our own way, in our own time. You just have to accept yourself, believe in yourself and keep a bright eye on the future.

Comment

joe has to be very careful not to commit himself to something that might come back and bite him in the tushie later. if he says 'yep, get ready for the wedding' and then those plans fall through, he loses credibility not to mention possibly getting in trouble with his bosses
                        I agree with that...and I know that they really don't know what kind of showing RDA will have in Season 9...so I honestly don't expect any kind of firm commitment from JM or anyone for that matter about Jack and Sam.

But I really thought he would at least nail down a simple statement about Sam...like, "Yes, she will still be the SG-1 team leader and will be even more kickbutt and snarkier than before."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I just downloaded and reviewed this opus! And wait 'til you see it, guys! Astro - you are amazing! Kudos and beans and blue jello and sloe gin and words fail me!

Take a look at how great the formatting is coming out - and Astro is still just doing her preliminary draft!!!!

Yowza - the finished product will be terrific! Definitely a scrapbook worth keeping for Olivia one day! Thanks so much for all the many hours you're devoting to this, Astro. You are truly Keeper of the Flame

And, don't forget, loyal citizens, we need you to send a personal message to be included in the beginning of the book! BTW, deepspace, your photocap is the perfect touch to the beginning of the personal messages!
                          WOW, Astrog! I whole-heartedly agree with CG’s comments. 209 pages and it’s at the draft stage! Perhaps the SaGC Collection will rival the size of the book Sam is holding in Deepspace’s picture.

Astrog, thanks for your many, many hours working on this encyclopedia of all things Sam. I’m sure AT, and one day Olivia, will thoroughly enjoy this creation.

Comment

I fully understand that, Sky. But if RDA never does another episode beyond the two we know he's doing at the start of S9 ( ), they can still maintain the J/S ship.....simply through dialogue references. Obviously, we would prefer that RDA come back to wrap up his storyline, go on to do some movies, whatever. But it wouldn't flat out waste all the emotions we've invested in Sam and Jack over the years (especially the last two years).

And Joe is perfectly willing to talk about The Fourth Horseman in some detail, giving away the main plotline, but won't say anything about whether Sam will be in charge of the team. I'm beginning to think it's less frustrating just to step back from fandom and just wait for the premiere in total darkness. Teasing us to pique our interest is one thing. I understand that. But it seems like they're just toying with our emotions, and that's mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Yup, yup. And there was this lovely, black, bottomless drop below me, too, as I was hanging there by my dislocated arm.

Come to think of it, I haven't been spelunking since that grand adventure, either.
                              Dear Coley, Strix, and Astro too!

You of limber frames and daring minds

Out about among the pines

Up the mountains, in the sea,

down the dark, deep holes you be

Holding on and letting go

Gritting teeth, showing mojo

I shake, I quake to read your tales

Such vibrant, kick-butt, spunky females

Yeah, you, I'm talkin' to you!!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 May 2005, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Brace yourself.

Well I can't see that Jack would take SG-1 from Sam and give it to Mitchell. I don't care what Mitchell may have done during the battle in Antarctica it can't compare to what Sam has given the SGC or SG1 over the past eight years. So regardless of what may be implied or leaked over the next three and half months, I will continue to believe that when Sam comes back, she will be in charge of SG-1.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X