Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace

When I first saw this I thought it was a picture of Amanda. In a minute or two I realised it wasn't, and then I thought, gee, Coley looks real nice. You are amazingly similar looking to AT, and you failed to mention this to us all before?
    And with this in mind, as a member of the Royal Samandan Court, I would like to propose an additional title for Coley...Royal Doppelgänger. What say you all?
    Originally posted by deepspace
    You're welcome uber, I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I look forward to part three and then the directors cut!
    I'm so glad you liked...I can't wait to finish it...and wait till you see how I do!
    Last edited by Uber; 15 May 2005, 05:24 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I like your new sig banner charlie. Kat has made me a wonderful one too. Trouble is I, unlike you, am still trying to figure out how to get it to show up on my posts!
      Last edited by deepspace; 15 May 2005, 05:24 PM. Reason: edited because, guess what, now it works! THANKYOU Kat!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        If you're interested, the SaGC Collection is currently here:

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.doc
        (warning: this is a very large file - over 21MB - and will take a few minutes to download even if you have broadband internet access)

Right now, it's almost entirely the posts from our Best Carter Episode Polls by Season and our Summary Comments along with some screen cap posts on select episodes each season. It took me *hours and hours and hours* to get the posts downloaded and reformatted so that they will print on 8.5x11" paper.

I'm envisioning that comments and notes to AT will go at the beginning of the collection. Then any artwork/photoshopped-work, poetry or such that is submitted.

I'm also planning to ultimately print this double-sided so that it isn't a foot thick (but double-sided printing depends entirely on my patience with my printer... it doesn't do it automatically - I have to tell it to print the odd pages and then orient the pages correctly (har har har) so that the even pages print right-side up on the back of the odd pages!).

Then I'll take it all somewhere and get it bound.

So... Kat, Uber and others... are you planning to send some of your great artwork/photoshopped work for the collection? Chopingal is going to write a poem, I believe. AgentDark is going to pick a couple of his sig pics?

And folks -- if there are old posts that say what you want to say to AT or about Sam - just point me to the posts (give me a link or a post # or some such).
        Wow, 21megs already! This is quite a monumental work. You know, you'll probably want to send a CD with all of this on it, too. Thanks for putting it together for us.

Were you planning to send this soon? I thought you'd originally talked about mid-end of June as a deadline? I ask, because I'm leaving on a two-week trip to Europe Thursday, and I may not finish the photo-caption compendium before then... I'm having too much fun reading past posts, so it's going slowly. And at some point in time I'm going to have to pack.

If you are planning to send it sooner than that, I may have to ask someone to pick up where I leave off...

My LJ

Comment

Off topic from the Sam presentation project...but I just wanted to show off the great AT autographed photo I just won on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=ADME:B:TB:US:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i tried to e-mail you uber, but i'm wondering if it went through.

my e-mail is sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought since we've had so many posts lately with people expressing their own personal insecurities that I'd post an excerpt from one of Amanda's older chat transcripts. I believe I posted it sometime ago on the thread.

Question:
              How do you put up with celebrity, the fact that hundreds of people around the world talk about you, analyse every move you make, every word you say...

Amanda's response:

On the one hand it's fantastic, because people are so nice and make you feel so loved. On the other hand, they get a picture of you at a bad angle and suddenly it's all over the net; and to have every aspect of your being analysed, makes me...personally insecure.
              Question:

Being an established actress for many years now you must get used to watching yourself on television. I was wondering how that made you feel, and do you get the same enjoyment out of watching episodes of Stargate and the many other productions you have featured in knowing how much hard work went into each and every scene.

Amanda's response:

I have a hard time watching myself on television because I am very critical of everything. I can now watch earlier episodes, like from the first 3 or 4 seasons, and have enough distance to enjoy them and I actually really like the show when I watch it. But I'm very critical of myself, so it can be frustrating watching an episode with me

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought these comments from Amanda were extremely enlightning because they show that, no matter who we are, we all have insecurities and have to deal with then in our own ways. As much as we Samandans adore Amanda and think she is flawless, she too must endure personal insecurities on a daily basis.

I'm sure there are many photos that even we have posted on this thread that she may have thought, 'Good lord, why do they have to post that one of me.' I know I have heard her mentioning on dvd commentaries that she gets uncomfortable with some of the camera close ups.

There's nohing like a camera being so close to someone's face that you can see up their nose or the pores on their face. I personally love the close-up shots of Sam in Grace, but I'm sure they probably make AT cringe.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, don't let the opinion of others bring you down. Life's too short to waste your time worrying about what other people think about you. A friend may at times appear brutally honest, and often the honesty may hurt momentarily; but it should never make you feel bad about yourself. If they do, then they aren't very good friends in my opinion.

We can't control what other's think about us. The only thing we can control is what we think about ourselves. There may be things you dislike about yourself and that is perfectly normal. If there are things about yourself that you don't like, then pick one thing out of that list and try improve on it.
              However, you shouldn't let yourself dwell on the negative aspects. For every negative you find for yourself, try to find a postive as well and remind yourself daily about the good things.

I have to admit, growning up I always had a very positive opinion about myself. Not that there weren't things that I didn't like about myself. However, I was lucky enough to have a very supportive family who worked very hard to make sure I knew I was special in my own way. I try to do the same thing now with my own children when they start to feel down.

We all may not be beautiful, or geniuses, or popular, or the most creative, but somewhere deep down inside of each of us...there is a gift. Something that makes us each special. You only need to look deep within yourself to find that gift and I'm sure once you do you will begin to feel much better about yourself and not allow other's to diminish your self worth.

You've already taken the first steps. You've joined the SAGC forum and surrounded yourself with a wonderful group of extremely friendly and supportive Samandans!!! But most importantly you have chosen to look up to a woman who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Be it Amanda or Sam, each woman is an extremely positivel role model for all of us.

Kat

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 May 2005, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i tried to e-mail you uber, but i'm wondering if it went through.

my e-mail is sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com
                I didn't get your message...but I sent you one...

if for some reason you don't get mine and I don't get yours, here's my hotmail addy: missmarybethhouse @ hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                  Oooooh everyone look at my pretty new sig!!! Kat made it for me, isn't she great?! Thankyou Kat!
                  Nice sig, Charlie. Nice work, Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Off topic from the Sam presentation project...but I just wanted to show off the great AT autographed photo I just won on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=ADME:B:TB:US:
                    Wow, that is one terrific picture. Congratualtions!!!!!!!!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I guess what I'm trying to say here is, don't let the opinion of others bring you down. Life's too short to waste your time worrying about what other people think about you. A friend may at times appear brutally honest, and often the honesty may hurt momentarily; but it should never make you feel bad about yourself. If they do, then they aren't very good friends in my opinion.

We can't control what other's think about us. The only thing we can control is what we think about ourselves. There may be things you dislike about yourself and that is perfectly normal. If there are things about yourself that you don't like, then pick one thing out of that list and try improve on it.
                      However, you shouldn't let yourself dwell on the negative aspects. For every negative you find for yourself, try to find a postive as well and remind yourself daily about the good things.

I have to admit, growning up I always had a very positive opinion about myself. Not that there weren't things that I didn't like about myself. However, I was lucky enough to have a very supportive family who worked very hard to make sure I knew I was special in my own way. I try to do the same thing now with my own children when they start to feel down.

We all may not be beautiful, or geniuses, or popular, or the most creative, but somewhere deep down inside of each of us...there is a gift. Something that makes us each special. You only need to look deep within yourself to find that gift and I'm sure once you do you will begin to feel much better about yourself and not allow other's to diminish your self worth.

You've already taken the first steps. You've joined the SAGC forum and surrounded yourself with a wonderful group of extremely friendly and supportive Samandans!!! But most importantly you have chosen to look up to a woman who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Be it Amanda or Sam, each woman is an extremely positivel role model for all of us.

Kat

what she said.

I spent years when i was younger trying to change myself to fit in. Nothing was ever good enough, largely because i just wasn't ever able to measure up and attain what others had.

finally, i decided to stop trying to be as good as or better than ______ and to just be me.

as me i will be better at some things than others, and i'll be worse. but at the end of the day, i'm Me.

and people can accept me as i am, or not. but that's their problem, not mine

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I thought since we've had so many posts lately with people expressing their own personal insecurities that I'd post an excerpt from one of Amanda's older chat transcripts. I believe I posted it sometime ago on the thread.

Question:
                        How do you put up with celebrity, the fact that hundreds of people around the world talk about you, analyse every move you make, every word you say...

Amanda's response:

On the one hand it's fantastic, because people are so nice and make you feel so loved. On the other hand, they get a picture of you at a bad angle and suddenly it's all over the net; and to have every aspect of your being analysed, makes me...personally insecure.
                        Question:

Being an established actress for many years now you must get used to watching yourself on television. I was wondering how that made you feel, and do you get the same enjoyment out of watching episodes of Stargate and the many other productions you have featured in knowing how much hard work went into each and every scene.

Amanda's response:

I have a hard time watching myself on television because I am very critical of everything. I can now watch earlier episodes, like from the first 3 or 4 seasons, and have enough distance to enjoy them and I actually really like the show when I watch it. But I'm very critical of myself, so it can be frustrating watching an episode with me

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought these comments from Amanda were extremely enlightning because they show that, no matter who we are, we all have insecurities and have to deal with then in our own ways. As much as we Samandans adore Amanda and think she is flawless, she too must endure personal insecurities on a daily basis.

I'm sure there are many photos that even we have posted on this thread that she may have thought, 'Good lord, why do they have to post that one of me.' I know I have heard her mentioning on dvd commentaries that she gets uncomfortable with some of the camera close ups.

There's nohing like a camera being so close to someone's face that you can see up their nose or the pores on their face. I personally love the close-up shots of Sam in Grace, but I'm sure they probably make AT cringe.

Kat

Kat, what a truly beautiful and sincere post! I'm so glad I just logged back on to finish the weekend and take one last look at our thread, because your post sums up the nature of the people posting here. Good, kind-hearted folks who seem to go out of their way to respond to and support one another. I'm proud to be a Samandan after reading what you wrote.

I've been trying to PM deepspace all day and my messages were not going through ... I was really bothered by that because I didn't want her to think that I did not hear what she privately had to share with me. But, now, if she reads what you just wrote, she should realize that, even someone we sometimes seem to put on a pedestal has her own self doubts and worries at time. Amanda is as human as the rest of us. If she can be overly self critical at times and also injured by what others say or write about her, then we don't have to feel so "all alone" either. Everyone of us, no matter our age or position in life, has our moments of downtime. What's special about AT is that she comes across as a loving person who picks herself up and goes on ... she's given that to us in her portrayal of Sam Carter too. So, by getting hooked on this amazing woman, we've maybe, just maybe, have begun to imitate some of her more positive traits. A win/win situation for all!

Thank you, Kat, and thank you, Amanda, for some really positive role modeling!

Comment

Dang. Joe skipped over my Sam questions...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            If you're interested, the SaGC Collection is currently here:

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.doc
                            (warning: this is a very large file - over 21MB - and will take a few minutes to download even if you have broadband internet access)

Right now, it's almost entirely the posts from our Best Carter Episode Polls by Season and our Summary Comments along with some screen cap posts on select episodes each season. It took me *hours and hours and hours* to get the posts downloaded and reformatted so that they will print on 8.5x11" paper.

I'm envisioning that comments and notes to AT will go at the beginning of the collection. Then any artwork/photoshopped-work, poetry or such that is submitted.

I'm also planning to ultimately print this double-sided so that it isn't a foot thick (but double-sided printing depends entirely on my patience with my printer... it doesn't do it automatically - I have to tell it to print the odd pages and then orient the pages correctly (har har har) so that the even pages print right-side up on the back of the odd pages!).

Then I'll take it all somewhere and get it bound.

So... Kat, Uber and others... are you planning to send some of your great artwork/photoshopped work for the collection? Chopingal is going to write a poem, I believe. AgentDark is going to pick a couple of his sig pics?

And folks -- if there are old posts that say what you want to say to AT or about Sam - just point me to the posts (give me a link or a post # or some such).
                            I just downloaded and reviewed this opus! And wait 'til you see it, guys! Astro - you are amazing! Kudos and beans and blue jello and sloe gin and words fail me!

Take a look at how great the formatting is coming out - and Astro is still just doing her preliminary draft!!!!

Yowza - the finished product will be terrific! Definitely a scrapbook worth keeping for Olivia one day! Thanks so much for all the many hours you're devoting to this, Astro. You are truly Keeper of the Flame

And, don't forget, loyal citizens, we need you to send a personal message to be included in the beginning of the book! BTW, deepspace, your photocap is the perfect touch to the beginning of the personal messages!

Comment

i don't think he'll answer anything about sam and jack at all

a very good reason could be that they literally don't know. they don't know how much rda will be back for s9 - we do know that the early eps that he's confirmed to be in won't have amanda in it/them.

personally, i think he's going to avoid the topic at all

he doesn't want to promise something they can't deliver and you might want to consider this as well, if he said 'yes, they're gonna get together and be married in the s9 finale'...well the anti's WILL flood and bury them in letters of protest

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Dang. Joe skipped over my Sam questions...
                                Wonder why, huh?!

Comment

Working...
                                X