No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! You can really feel the love here today, can't you? It's great to be sharing with all you intelligent, intuitive people! Wish we could have our own Con of Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

SamFan - the carter copter just awesome stuff. I hope you don't mind but I have set it as a wallpaper. Let me know of you want me to remove it!!
      Do I mind??? Good heavens no, I'm honored!

I'm musing on the next Oh Yea Times where there will be an update of 1speed's first glimpse of our Queen on the screen!!
      Can't wait to read the report. Anxiously awaiting the news...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i believe amanda has described herself as someone who could trip over thin air

i know she's talked about twisting her ankle and being grateful for the boots that helped support them. and i know she's talked about getting too close to an exploive one time and getting a little singed
        I recently read (but can't remember where) that, not only did AT sustain the concussion in the elevator scene with Kawalsky that first season, but her shoulder was dislocated at the same time. If you replay that scene, it looks like this could be true - she takes a pretty hard knock to the right side of her body.

Can anyone confirm that this is fact or fiction?!

PS Thanks, for the review, Sky - glad you liked it - and guess what I'm doing most of today? Ya sure yabetcha - it's gonna happen - Chapter 30 is humming along! Now that my teaching duties are out of the way for the summer (I still have full-time administrative college work though) ... but I am now free to devote some time to my newly-found hobby of creative writing! So, hang in there with me, fellow Samandans, and I won't let you down!

Comment

Right back at you! Feel the Samanda love (paraphrase from Sky)!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Wow! You can really feel the love here today, can't you? It's great to be sharing with all you intelligent, intuitive people! Wish we could have our own Con of Samanda!
          The closest we can come to that right now is the GABIT event waiting to be rescheduled (for the third time) in London. Some of us have tickets and will be going.

GABIT stands for "Get Amanda Back in Town" and was developed by a group of British fans who actually pooled their funds and incorporated themselves into a business/company which wants to bring scifi actors over to London on a one-to-one basis rather than fans having to go to large, crowded cons to see their favorite actor or actress.
          Amanda is their first project, but she's had to cancel out twice because of production schedule and then her pregnancy. But, I'm still holding on to my cocktail-party tickets (managed to get two of the last of those) and really hope this does happen. We will then spend an entire weekend just in AT's company and doing Amanda/Sam events through Sunday.

Tara3583 and her hubby, and Sky and her writer friend, Sue, may be attending. And I want Coley to get on her bike and travel on down to London town also. Won't that be fun? We can actually have our own table of Samanda folk!!

Of course, I'm not quite sure what will happen when some of us meet for the very first time - cough, er, I'm especially thinking of Royal Accountant and Jester, under the same roof, hitting the sloe gin, at the same time! Whoo whee - what an edition of Oh Yea Times that will produce!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I recently read (but can't remember where) that, not only did AT sustain the concussion in the elevator scene with Kawalsky that first season, but her shoulder was dislocated at the same time. If you replay that scene, it looks like this could be true - she takes a pretty hard knock to the right side of her body.

Can anyone confirm that this is fact or fiction?!
            all i've ever heard about was the concussion. i don't think her shoulder was dislocated

what happened was that she wasa going to throw herself back, then jay did it too and the combined force send her smashing into the wall and, i'm thinking, she was knocked out.

what's so cute, now i have no way to confirm this, later on we see a briefing room scene, rda is sitting next to amanda and he reaches out and touches her arm, almost like he's doing a quick 'are you ok' before they start taping
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The closest we can come to that right now is the GABIT event waiting to be rescheduled (for the third time) in London. Some of us have tickets and will be going.
              i wanna go, i just want to know when it's being rescheduled for. my friends and i are going to vegas this august so ireally, really hope that gabit will be after the first of the year so i have time to save up for it

i've mailed them, just searching for an inkling of when it'll be, but haven't heard anything.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

Dear Royal Accountant

Methinks I pulled the wool over your eyes! However, the photo-op of you struggling up that vertical peak was worth every moment! Just know that the Jester could never attempt that kind of climb to hide liquor. I keep my stash lower ... closer to sea level at all times.

Knowing your astounding skills in ascending to the tops of mountains, I will wager that you went to the top, pulled out your trusty binoculars, and spied upon me and Murray having our Spring fling. Thus, all will come out in the next edition of Yea Times and I best be prepared with a good defense.

Cordially,

Jester, while humming a few bars of "Down by the Riverside"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i wanna go, i just want to know when it's being rescheduled for. my friends and i are going to vegas this august so ireally, really hope that gabit will be after the first of the year so i have time to save up for it

i've mailed them, just searching for an inkling of when it'll be, but haven't heard anything.
                  Vegas in August?! Did you hear that, Carterslave?! These Samandans will need a security guard for sure!! No wonder you'll be broke for the Fall season. LOL I've got a rather-large and pricey trip already scheduled for September and am desperately hoping, like you, that AT will want to wait a little longer to travel with Olivia and that it will happen possibly early next year instead.

Looks like lots of family and friends are getting "home made" Christmas presents this year.

Comment

Of course, I'm not quite sure what will happen when some of us meet for the very first time - cough, er, I'm especially thinking of Royal Accountant and Jester, under the same roof, hitting the sloe gin, at the same time!
                    It would be worth going to London just to be there for that!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      It would be worth going to London just to be there for that!
                      Come on along, and be our personal body guard! But, if a balloon or something noisy pops while AT is talking onstage, I will try to restrain you from racing forward and throwing yourself at her for protection! (As much as I know you want to!)

Comment

Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22.../louclimb1.jpg
                        What an awesome pic!

Alas, I've had a serious aversion to rock climbing ever since I dislocated my shoulder when I was hanging on the side of a cliff while spelunking...

My LJ

Comment

Oh Boy! - There goes 1speed. I've never seen him move so quick - faster than Sam Carter in an F302 - and all Coley said was "Would you prefer the leather or leopard skin restraints tonight?"

Comment

ChopinGal you have editing duties!

Comment

Strix - whats spelunking?!

Comment

Come on along, and be our personal body guard! But, if a balloon or something noisy pops while AT is talking onstage, I will try to restrain you from racing forward and throwing yourself at her for protection! (As much as I know you want to!)
                                You'd dare to restrain Strix - Warrior Princess - after she's been given a bona fide excuse to throw herself bodily at AT?! You're a braver gal than I!

Comment

Working...
                                X