Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    One last post and then I must get to bed I have a long weekend of concerts ahead of me. As I said in my last post I was rewatching It's Good To Be King tonight on SciFi - Well it was cool to see this episode after having been to the set recently -
    Spoiler:
    The standing set from IGTBK has been added on too. It currently is about 3x's larger than it was for this episode. In the pictures below the one with Jack, Sam and Maybourne were they are standing I noticed what loked like it would be a ring transporter - I asked Martin Gero about it and he said "You'll have to wait until the new episode come out for an answer - just wait and see it will be cool" - We then walked up the stairs and as I went by the opening were the burnt orange/brown flag is hanging I noticed a drawing on the ledge so I stopped to take a look - well sure enough it was a drawing of ringing transporter in the courtyard of the set below. One of the things that is really interesting is that this whole set is fake rock - I know it looks real on TV but it looks really good until you get right up to it and touch it or see a small area were it has been damaged.

Thanks, tsax, it's always fun to hear about first-hand experiences ... quite a few of the Samandans have already been to cons and/or had photos taken with the cast and/or time spent with them. For those of us who have not or cannot get to Vancouver, thanks for sharing your stories and pics.

Comment

What an evening I had last night - After work I went to get my a hair cut so I don't look like the Shaggy DA for several concerts over the weekend - My hairstylist and I started talking and she said she hated working on Friday nights because it meant she missed her favorite TV program. I asked her what that was and she said you probably don't know it but it's called Stargate SG-1. At which point I told her about going to the Vancouver Con a few weeks ago and how much I loved Stargate. She talked about how she would love to meet AT because she thinks she has great hair and said that it is always so perfect in the show. Being one who usually dislikes going to get a hair cut today was a good day.

Since I was home early enough to see Stargate tonight how about a couple pics from tonights episode.

Hey, as Sky would say, we Samandans are just s-p-r-e-a-d-i-n-g the Sam love around. Never know where you'll find a fellow fan!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye ... if there's anyone about to hear ... methinks I am a voice crying in the wilderness this morning ... but I must post this message as it will become my 800th post ... most of which have been to this thread alone.

Yes, I confess to being an isolationist; however, my heart belongs to Samanda.

Heaven knows, I've tried to broaden my horizons, but have not really seen many welcoming threads where the posters do not take themselves too seriously. My Piscean nature gravitates to peace and calm and is easily disturbed by the negative vibrations felt elsewhere, and, thus, I have made Samanda my royal home.

With deep gratitude and respect to all my fellow citizens who have made my days here a truly pleasurable experience, filled with new Sam knowledge and lively exchanges! It is certainly never boring.

Warmly, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          OK, so I was trying to find the post (ages ago) where I listed some of the great Sam music videos that I'd found online... but I couldn't find a complete list in one post, so I made a new one (including AgentDark's newest find, as well as a link to a vid that Kat posted awhile back).

Sam Carter Music Videos

>>> A Wonderful Sam Carter video-montage by RocketChick
          http://www.rocketfic.com/clips/from_my_friends_hi.mov
          (you need QuickTime to be able to view the movie)
          Homepage: http://www.rocketfic.com/

>>> 'Not Just Another Pretty Face' by Shima
          http://www.shimatsuno.de/upload/PrettyFace2.wmv
          The official video for Amanda Tapping at the German City Con (last year?)
          First Place Winner of the Stargate 2003 Music Video Awards: Carter category
          http://www.shimatsuno.de/Englisch/e_video.html

>>> 'The Way I Am' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
          http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/thewayiamdownload.htm

>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes' A wonderful Jacob and Sam video montage:
          http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
          From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

>>> 'Fireman Sam' by LauraJo
          the video: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/firemansam.zip
          Winner of the Best Episode Category Stargate SG-1 Music Video Awards 2003
          The author's website: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/character.htm
          'Fireman Sam' was an animated series with 32 episodes "It was first broadcast on the BBC and S4C (the UK's Welsh language broadcaster) in 1986 and it continues to be broadcast on both channels today and has been sold to broadcasters in over 40 countries from Poland to Korea." From tvtome.com

>>> Promotion to Lt. Col.
          http://www.stargate-universe.net/Mus...johndunbar.zip
          Its a little vid honouring Sam's promotion to Lt. Col

>>> 'Accidentally In Love' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
          http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/accidentally.htm
          This is a really sweet behind the scenes video of Stargate.
          I really like it because we get to see so many clips of AT just
          being herself and she always seems so happy with a big smile.
          She's definitely someone who enjoys giving hugs as well. (-Kat)

>>> Samantha Carter Music Videos from stargate-universe.net
          http://www.stargate-universe.net/samvideos.htm

>>>'The Stargate SG-1 Music Video Awards Website'
          http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/
          With links to all nominated videos.

>>> 'The Kawoosh Music Video Directory'
          http://www.shortty.co.uk/kawoosh/
          Search on Characters and then on 'Sam' -- there are more than 40 to choose from!
          This is another Sam video by Laurajo that is really good. It's got a few shippy moments in it, but most of it is just Sam being Sam.
          The Man in Me by LauraJo
          http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/maninme.zip

Do It With Madonna
          This video is not really a Sam video and it is extremely S/J suggestive, but if you can manage to deal with the idea of S/J together for five minutes, it's really quite amusing.
          http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/madonna.zip

Comment

What an evening I had last night - After work I went to get my a hair cut so I don't look like the Shaggy DA for several concerts over the weekend - My hairstylist and I started talking and she said she hated working on Friday nights because it meant she missed her favorite TV program. I asked her what that was and she said you probably don't know it but it's called Stargate SG-1. At which point I told her about going to the Vancouver Con a few weeks ago and how much I loved Stargate. She talked about how she would love to meet AT because she thinks she has great hair and said that it is always so perfect in the show. Being one who usually dislikes going to get a hair cut today was a good day.

Since I was home early enough to see Stargate tonight how about a couple pics from tonights episode.

CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?
            (anyone else notice how similiar this scene was played out to the one in Foothold)

You know, I've watched this episode like five or six times now and every time I watch it I like it a little bit more. I really love how they wrote Sam in this episode: strong, confident, and snarky.

Unless the writers totally do a number on us and Sam in season nine, by turning Cameron's character into a Jack-wannabe, I really think Sam/AT would do a wonderful job making up some of RDA's lost humour by adding a bit of Jackisms to Sam's character. We all know Sam can use a bit more humor in her life. I also like the idea that with Sam in charge( and even if she isn't ) we don't have to hear her 'Yes, sir'ing so much anymore seeing as she and Mitchell are equals. I think as Sam matures and becomes more comfortable in her own skin and position we'll see a much more laid-back Sam shine through (which is one of the reasons I enjoy this episode because we are starting to see this in Sam).

Normally she buries most of her irritations for people, but McKay and Maybourne both have a wonderful talent of making Sam's true feelings come to the surface. Throughout the entire episode, up until the very last scene, you can totally see Sam's distrust and dislike for Maybourne through her sarcastic tone and facial expressions.

MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
            CARTER: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?

I also liked how Sam was allowed to tease both Daniel and Jack a bit.

CARTER: Well, I’m guessing it must manifest some sort of energy field that encompasses the entire ship, allowing the traveller to literally fly through time.
            DANIEL: I wonder ... (He reaches out to touch the device but Sam stops him.)
            CARTER: Ah! Let’s not touch anything just yet. I’m kinda fond of this era.

O’NEILL: Nice! Woo-hoo! (He sits down in the pilot’s seat and looks at the control panel.) You’re gonna have to help me out here, Carter. Got any quarters?
            CARTER: Unfortunately I can’t help you with this one, sir, you’re on your own.
            O’NEILL: Fine! How do we know we’re not gonna end up back at the Alamo?
            CARTER: Um, well, for one thing, that was on Earth – but more importantly I’ve separated the time device from the control circuits ... I think.

Here's to a more laid-back, witty, snarky, brilliant, bad-ass, butt-kickin Sam in season 9!!!
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 May 2005, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              .... we all know that our beloved Queen's talent often surpasses those Hollywood wannabes!.... Ha! Who needs Hollywood?

CJ
              I second that!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

And that led me to thinking about something I'd like to see in a future episode: Sam comforting Teal'c. We've seen Teal'c comfort Sam on more than one occassion. A scene where Teal'c's barriers break down a bit and he opens himself to Sam would show great depth to their friendship and the high level of respect and trust that he has in her - both as a comrade -and as a friend.
                Absolutely! Maybe CJ could even write it--he has done a good job with the Teal'c episodes he's written so far. I like how you put it above.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  ADD A CAPTION[/color][/size][/b]
                  Sir, when I said I'd be happy to give you a dance lesson, I didn't mean *now.*

Comment

http://img239.echo.cx/img239/3576/sacrifices5f1709xb.jpg
                    ADD A CAPTION
                    http://img239.echo.cx/img239/9955/sa...es5f2632em.jpg
                    Daniel: Sam will you be watching "Revenge of the Sith"?
                    Sam: Oh wouldn't you like to know.

Sam: Jack did you eat the last doughnut?
                    Jack: duh
                    Last edited by gatebee; 14 May 2005, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Absolutely! Maybe CJ could even write it--he has done a good job with the Teal'c episodes he's written so far. I like how you put it above.
                      Oh there we go...we need to write to CJ and beg him to pen a nice, meaty story for Teal'c and Sam. Both AT and CJ are extremely funny and they have such a great onscreen chemistry together. I think he could write a really touching story that would allow their friendship to deepen as well as give them a few humorous moments together.

Who would like to volunteer???

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Sir, when I said I'd be happy to give you a dance lesson, I didn't mean *now.*
                        Now that's a cute one and really seems to fit the picture! But, if they're taking dancing lessons, I want them to be learning the tango and dressing for the part.

Comment

Hmm, has anyone ever watched the television show called 'The Newsroom'?
                          I think it's a Canadian sitcom, not positive though. According to AT's official website Amanda did a guest spot on this show in 1996. I did a search for AT via my PVR today and it shows her as a guest on tonight's episode of 'The Newsroom' as well as next week's episode. Both episodes show the original airdates, at least here in the states, as 2005( although TvTome shows it as Feb 2004). I have both episodes set to record, but thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever seen the show before.

Just curious,
                          Kat
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 May 2005, 09:45 AM.

Comment

ADD A CAPTION
                            Carter: Oooo, Daniel! That feels great Thanks

Jack: Carter! Has Daniel started giving you neck rubs that he used to save for Doc Fraiser?
                            Carter: Um, yes sir.

**Okay this was inspired by Teryl's story about how Michael would help get rid of headaches when she would get them on set when thy were film by rubing the back of the neck.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?
                              (anyone else notice how similiar this scene was played out to the one in Foothold)

You know, I've watched this episode like five or six times now and every time I watch it I like it a little bit more. I really love how they wrote Sam in this episode: strong, confident, and snarky.

Unless the writers totally do a number on us and Sam in season nine, by turning Cameron's character into a Jack-wannabe, I really think Sam/AT would do a wonderful job making up some of RDA's lost humour by adding a bit of Jackisms to Sam's character. We all know Sam can use a bit more humor in her life. I also like the idea that with Sam in charge( and even if she isn't ) we don't have to hear her 'Yes, sir'ing so much anymore seeing as she and Mitchell are equals. I think as Sam matures and becomes more comfortable in her own skin and position we'll see a much more laid-back Sam shine through (which is one of the reasons I enjoy this episode because we are starting to see this in Sam).

Normally she buries most of her irritations for people, but McKay and Maybourne both have a wonderful talent of making Sam's true feelings come to the surface. Throughout the entire episode, up until the very last scene, you can totally see Sam's distrust and dislike for Maybourne through her sarcastic tone and facial expressions.

Here's to a more laid-back, witty, snarky, brilliant, bad-ass, butt-kickin Sam in season 9!!!
                              Great post, Kat! No, I never noticed the parallel with the "what the hell are you doing ...?" but, yes, it does seem to be there.

I'm all for her coming into her own and being more assertive and snarky on occasion. I think it's time Sam developed a bit of armor around her to balance out the vulnerabilities and doubts we've been seeing the past two seasons. Both sides of her character are important, but the focus on the softer side of Sam came with a cost, IMHO. There was a lot of Sam bashing going around and it seemed to hurt both the character's development and the actor herself.

So, here's to a new season and a new spirit at SGC! I wonder what this first week of being back on set was like for AT. Let's hope that she (and Olivia) are up to the task!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 14 May 2005, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                lol is it just me, or does Sam seem to be checking out Jack and Daniel's groin areas?
                                LOL. AD you are so naughty. Here I was trying to be a good girl today and keep out of the gutter and now my head's filled with visions of ... um...*cough*.

Well ok then...next topic????

Comment

Working...
                                X