Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    When Gateworld dies I'm forced to play with other software... thought for the day...

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg.../imitation.jpg
    Oooh Great Job Myrth!! I really like it.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 06 May 2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I didn't have much luck finding anything about where this was shown...although I recall reading an interview that it was shown to an audience at one of the conventions. I did however run across a few interviews/transcripts where AT talked about it a briefly...

I don't know what's happening with Stuck, I doubt it will go into distribution, but it was amazing to play something completely different with JR. For me, with shooting SG-1 at the same time it was a challenge. I think we rehearsed about month or two before we filmed it. It was amazing.

Excerpt from 2004 Seattle Creation Con Summary

Also related to the fact that Amanda gets to kiss some of her male co-stars, someone asked how she dealt with that, in her marriage to Alan, and how Alan dealt with it. Amanda talked about how it's her job, and Alan realizes that. But also went onto to tell the audience about how she, Alan and JR Bourne were watching Stuck together, and she felt rather odd watching the love scene in the elevator with both Alan and JR there. She mimicked how Alan and JR reacted, she was very funny, showing how JR was edging away from Alan, and Alan was watching the screen intently, then looking sideways at JR.

I have to give her credit, she's definitely a much braver woman than I. To sit and watch these types of scenes next to her husband with JR sitting right next to them. Alan definitely comes across as a very loyal and understanding husband. I know it's all acting and this is what they get paid to do, but I'm sure it definitely adds to the list of normal relationship issues a couple has to deal with on a daily basis. So many actor's relationships never seem to last very long. It's really nice to see that AT has managed to find the key to having a wonderful acting career and stable home life as well. She's truly a remarkable woman.
      Kat - couldn't rep you tonight, but thanks so much for finding some pertinent articles about AT and her experience in filming Stuck, including the personal stuff about Alan. You are right on with your comments about her being successful both professionally and personally with her relationships.
      And it's so refreshing to see that kind of devotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Ahh tis a lonely path I tread
        Posting on the SAGC Thread
        For when I'm free to post for thee
        you are all at work or fast asleep in bed!
        Ode to Our Lonely Friend At a Distance

For such a loyal fan as thee
        Who has now gone on a posting spree
        Alas there but for Sky so brief
        Was no one on to share the treat

You are our bright wit across the sea
        But time zones put in jeopardy
        Any fun with back-and-forthing
        At the moment of the thoughting*

I have the solution to your woes
        And herewith dare I to propose
        Come join us here in the States
        So we can talk about the Gate

You and hound can find safe haven
        Settle as a Berkshire maiden
        Bike the hills and sunny vales
        And stay on thread with cheery tales

* a new word perhaps to describe the here-and-now of Coley's thinking

Comment

Thanks SKY!

I'm not alone - I can stop humming to myself!
          It's okay, Coley ... we'll just put you on the same elevator with Carter and O'Neill!

Comment

how about another one of those dating questions?

ok, let's say that sam has a 'guilty pleasure' tv show. something that she tapes and watches but wouldn't necessarily like to admit that she tapes and watches. (kinda like the Simpsons for Jack)

what show would be sam's 'guilty pleasure'?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

ok, let's say that sam has a 'guilty pleasure' tv show. something that she tapes and watches but wouldn't necessarily like to admit that she tapes and watches. (kinda like the Simpsons for Jack)

Sam watches JAG, because she's a secret Harm/Mac shipper! Carter can't understand how the writers can sustain all that UST with those two and wants the romance to blossom. It just proves she's a closet romantic.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                In Michael Shank's latest interview (at About.com - link is on Gateworld's front page) he all but says that CB is going to be around in episodes beyond the first 6. He says it at the same time that he says that he 'can't say anything'. Sounds to me like they are going to make her either a regular cast member - or a recurring character that they will bring back as much as they want (and as often as her schedule allows if they don't sign her as a regular cast member).
                I sure didn't get that impression when I read the article, astrog. Did I miss something? I even went back and read it again and all I saw was that she'd be there the first 6 episodes and "... they’re already talking about stuff I can’t talk enough about yet."

I didn't take that to necessarily include CB. I think you're probably right that they'd like to make her a recurring character, but I really don't see her as a replacement for Sam and I don't think TPTB do either. She's just not the right fit for the team on an ongoing basis. I could see the SGC reluctantly accepting her as an ally occasionally, but as a member of their primary team? I don't think so. They know she's not trustworthy, and apparently she and Daniel are still clashing, which I guess we're supposed to find amusing. But it's SG1, not the 3 Stooges + Teal'c, and I think that TPTB realize that all slapstick all the time won't sell.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  My Dear Jester,

I do hope this reaches you OK – the Kingdom seems to be suffering terrible communication problems at the moment.

On the subject of communications, I’ve not heard from the Royal Accountant this week, so cannot confirm whether the “adjustments” have in fact been successful. No doubt she will appear shortly with a suitably robust response to my previous comments - I just hope the degree of robustness doesn’t result in me singing soprano.

And I’m glad to find that you appreciate the alternative state of mind in which those of us who choose to follow the One-Speed Way exist, simply pedalling our way along the highways and byways of life, free from the constant worry as to whether or not we are in *The Right Gear*. We just *Are*. Granted, it may not be the most *suitable* gear at any given moment, but that’s just the way things go. And as you so rightly point out, this freedom gives us chance to ponder the deeper things of life (as long as the sound of our ragged breathing, thumping heartbeat and creaking knees doesn’t get too distracting, anyway). It also allows us more time to react to the random meanderings of a large and spirited dog, which in turn prevents us falling from our steeds when the aforementioned hound meanders a bit too close, a bit too suddenly. Unlike some people (mentioning no names, but I’m sure you can guess)… Whatever, I hope that when you do travel to this side of the Kingdom, the RA and I will be able to show you some true Lancastrian hospitality, be this on two wheels or not.

As for when my next viewing of Stargate (and thus my first glimpse of our Queen in action) is to take place, this has yet to be decided. Hopefully though, it will not be too long before I am able to immerse myself more meaningfully in Samandan life, and not just be the wise-cracking oaf loitering at the back.

Until next time,

1s4S
                  My Dear Royal Cyclist

It has been the bane of the board that communication attempts are erratic at best, but I do appreciate your amiable offer of Lancastrian/Samandan hospitality. You will find a common-sense and laid-back approach to my cycling and I will, indeed, traverse the trails gently. The RA can bolt ahead if she so pleases but methinks that her own knobblies will be quite wobbly by the end of our trip. I prefer to be kind to my knobblies and ease them along through life. Heaven knows, one does want to keep one's knobblies for the duration.

Here in Samanda there has been a recent spate of knobbly-replacement surgery. I just cannot believe that a plastic knobbly could ever operate as efficiently as its original counterpart. That's why I prefer to date men who only have their original knobblies. They would not be able to keep up with me, I ever so humbly admit, shouldst they be using the plastic variety. I may entertain a certain tolerance for false teeth, yes, but false knobblies? Never! A person must keep to her high standards.

In closing, I sincerely hope that our beloved RA has not taken you too hard to task for some former comments you have made, and that your knobblies are intact and you are not singing soprano. Perchance you will gain the opportunity to view a certain Stargate episode entitled "Seth" in which O'Neill seems to share the same concern.

Your cycling friend,
                  Jester
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 May 2005, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Probably a local fishing show...just in case she's asked by a certain Brigadier General to go fishing again she'll know what to do.

Okay...too J/S shippy? Let me try again...

After the incident on PJ2-445 she realized that she shouldn't take her plants for granted and took up watching shows like "Three Dieffenbachias Short of a Garden" and "Horticulture and You."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh Yea Times Newsflash – Samandan Radio

Just a reminder to all Samandans to tune in to the Guest DJ spot hosted in response to no demand whatsoever by the Royal Accountant tomorrow at 7.30 GMT (Got My Turntable). There is a music packed evening in store and there is something for everyone

Spinning on the deck will be a tribute spot to our glorious Queen including a couple of tunes celebrating the Queens love of riding fast and free:

Crazy About an Automobile – Ry Cooder
                      Life in the Fast Lane – The Eagles

Songs that encapsulate the essence of Sam Carter:-

Bigger, Brighter, Better – Roddy Frame
                      Sweet Talkin’ Woman – ELO
                      Legend of a Mind – The Moody Blues
                      Above the Clouds – Paul Weller
                      Interstellar Soul – Trex
                      Flowers in the Window – Travis

Astro’s wish

I’ll Fly for You – Spandau Ballet

There are also quite a number of dedications

NC – The Rocking Chair – The Beautiful South
                      Forever SG1 – Forever is Tomorrow is Today – David Gray
                      Deepspace – Sweetest Thing – U2
                      Astro – Sweet Inspiration – Vonda Shepard
                      Agent Dark – Right Man for the Job – The Beautiful South
                      Carterslave – Pleasure and Pain – Norma Waterson
                      ChopinGal – Holding Back the Years – Simply Red
                      1speed4Sam – Oh Blackpool – The Beautiful South
                      MajorSam – Wild Child – Enya
                      Strix – Be Yourself – Enrique Iglesias
                      Coley – The Consequences of Falling – KD Lang
                      MajorSal – The Dark Side of Town – Eliza Gilkyson
                      UberSG1 – Picture Book – Simply Red
                      Skydiver – Birds Without Wings – David Gray

And to all those Lurkers – Fly on the Wall – Paul Weller

To celebrate SAGC Success:

Golden Thread – Mary Black
                      Hard Habit to Break – Chicago

There’s also a dedication for the relation ship between the Stargate Executive producer and the Sci Fi Chairman I’m Your Puppet – Paul Young

The dedication of the week comes from the Royal Accountant and show host to her dear friend the Court Jester – I’m Gonna Laugh you Out of my Life – Dinah Washington

So don’t forget to tune in – somewhere on medium wave!
                      Dearest Royal Editor, Accountant and Bean Counter

You have outdone yourself in providing the most concise and appropriate listing of musical renditions for our citizens of Samanda! Methinks there will be dancing in the streets this fair weekend.

Please do go gently with the Royal Liquor Cabinet whilst serving as our Royal DJ ... we would not want you to slur your words and mix up the dedications.

Cheers!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Hmm. Probably a local fishing show...just in case she's asked by a certain Brigadier General to go fishing again she'll know what to do.

Okay...too J/S shippy? Let me try again...

After the incident on PJ2-445 she realized that she shouldn't take her plants for granted and took up watching shows like "Three Dieffenbachias Short of a Garden" and "Horticulture and You."
                        That's great! And don't forget her checking out Fear Factor and laughing hysterically at the tame stunts compared to going through the Gate each week. Then she watches The Apprentice and thinks of Jonas and Felger.
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 May 2005, 03:24 AM.

Comment

E.R.....cause she loves Noah Wyle (Carter!). She can't stand the thought of him leaving E.R. any more than we can stand the thought of RDA leaving SG-1!

(Wait, that describes how I'm feeling now too! It's too much for one woman to lose in one season!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Well, not a sig, but, you know, Mother's Day is coming up, and it will be Amanda's first as a mom...
                            that's right!

Happy Mother's Day, Amanda!!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ahh tis a lonely path I tread
                              Posting on the SAGC Thread
                              For when I'm free to post for thee
                              you are all at work or fast asleep in bed!
                              Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Ode to Our Lonely Friend At a Distance

For such a loyal fan as thee
                              Who has now gone on a posting spree
                              Alas there but for Sky so brief
                              Was no one on to share the treat

You are our bright wit across the sea
                              But time zones put in jeopardy
                              Any fun with back-and-forthing
                              At the moment of the thoughting*

I have the solution to your woes
                              And herewith dare I to propose
                              Come join us here in the States
                              So we can talk about the Gate

You and hound can find safe haven
                              Settle as a Berkshire maiden
                              Bike the hills and sunny vales
                              And stay on thread with cheery tales

* a new word perhaps to describe the here-and-now of Coley's thinking
                              Such fun stuff... here's to the poet laureates of Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I think PU was pretty poorly written & CB was not well served by the script. Here we finally had an off-world episode and this was all they could come up with? Her character does have potential though, I think, & CB & BB sound like they're in the spirit of the show from the interviews I've read. I'm hopeful that the first 6 episodes will be good. But I'm hoping Sam comes back with a bang. So it's not just waiting til July--but more like August. Argh.
                                did you say that because you knew i was a sam/jack shipper?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X