Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I am close to posting something like this...

Joe...can we clear up once and for all whether or not we'll get to see Sam as the kickbutt snarky SG-1 team leader that we got a glimpse of in It's Good to be King? There still seems to be some doubt on those lines...
    I like your wording - I think that would be a great post for Joe's thread. What do you think about my asking if Sam is going to be
    Spoiler:
    Tokra'd
    ?

Comment

Don't give them ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        I like your wording - I think that would be a great post for Joe's thread. What do you think about my asking if Sam is going to be
        Spoiler:
        Tokra'd
        ?
        Hmm...that's a toughie...if that's where they're going then I sincerely doubt he'd let it spill like that...even the alternate idea
        Spoiler:
        where she isn't really Sam
        might be too specific and too big a spoiler that he might not want to divulge. But then that's just me!

Heck, on top of the question I just posted, I asked about Replicarter Sam and her having a rematch and about will Teal'c get to have his emblem removed...those are also fairly specific...I think he'll answer the Teal'c question, and the Sam as team leader question and ignore the Replicarter question because it might be too big of a spoiler...

But hey...ask away! That's what the Ask Joe forum is for. I've seen some really dumb ones posted there...at least yours is an interesting question (although I doubt he'd answer)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Don't give them ideas.
          At this point, I think they've already decided how they are bringing Sam back... What was it they said... they hadn't seen any fan posting or discussion that had guessed it correctly yet - and that they expect the fans to be 'blown away' when they the reason she comes back...?

Comment

At this point, I think they've already decided how they are bringing Sam back...
            Yes, I suppose they'd have to.

- and that they expect the fans to be 'blown away' when they the reason she comes back...?
            Ok, now *that* has me worried...

Comment

At this point, I think they've already decided how they are bringing Sam back... What was it they said... they hadn't seen any fan posting or discussion that had guessed it correctly yet - and that they expect the fans to be 'blown away' when they the reason she comes back...?

Where is this post that they discuss Sam coming back and the fans being 'blown away'??? I haven't seen anything like this. Also, if you want I can post the Tokrah question for you on JM's thread. I don't have any issues with it.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Ok, now *that* has me worried...
                Blown away can also be a good thing...

For instance...Lost City 2, I was blown away by the incredible fight over Antarctica...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You guys have a point about the late entrance of Sam into S9 causing headaches! I'm interested to see what TPTB come up with on that(assuming the show hasn't turned too Scapey by then). Fact is, the Scapers coming in are likely to side with his chararacter if there's any conflict between him and Sam. Slight problem, OK.

But if TPTB aren't completely off their heads on the Farscape stash by this point, they should recognise this are make sure such conflict is minimal anyway. Cameron Mitchill is supposed to be a known name to the SGC and SG1 are certainly known names to him. If there's already some respect between two parties then in theory, we should be worrying about nothing. Fingers crossed.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                    You guys have a point about the late entrance of Sam into S9 causing headaches! I'm interested to see what TPTB come up with on that(assuming the show hasn't turned too Scapey by then). Fact is, the Scapers coming in are likely to side with his chararacter if there's any conflict between him and Sam. Slight problem, OK.

But if TPTB aren't completely off their heads on the Farscape stash by this point, they should recognise this are make sure such conflict is minimal anyway. Cameron Mitchill is supposed to be a known name to the SGC and SG1 are certainly known names to him. If there's already some respect between two parties then in theory, we should be worrying about nothing. Fingers crossed.
                    Well the good news here is that they would have long since recorded the episodes with Mitchell as team leader and then Sam's return before the fans will ever see a moment of it...so unless they'd react solely to input from fans who hear spoilers and for some reason change direction to please them... (*ÜberSG-1Fan falls to the floor laughing at the absurd thought of TPTB making massive revisions based on fan comments*) we have nothing to worry about.

I'm a huge Farscape fan...I love the fact that Ben Browder and Claudia Black will be back on the screen! And on my favorite tv show to boot! It'll be neat seeing him leading SG-1. TEMPORARILY.

HOWEVER, when all is said and done, I cannot and WILL NOT accept anyone other than Sam leading SG-1 in the long run! And when I say that, I mean something to the effect that I will accept Mitchell as the permanent leader of SG-1 when hell is a long since frozen over arctic tundra. Is that clear enough???

And I cannot believe that TPTB would do something as suicidal as remove Sam from command after such a short run as the team leader.
                    Last edited by Uber; 19 April 2005, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry to interrupt the great discussion going on about Sam's return to Stargate, but if I don't post this now I never will! I keep changing my mind with my answers, so I'm posting now to stop myself!

What Are Your Series Favourite Carter Episodes?

Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam:

Solitudes, Hathor, Foothold, Reckoning part 2.

Best AT Acting Scenes:

I love the way Amanda is always acting/reacting in the background of scenes where other characters are the focus.

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:

Grace, Threads.

Top Ship Episodes:

Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer, Threads.

Best Carter Humour Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...

I like all the scenes already mentioned, but I love the interaction between Sam and the alien bad guy (abg) in “Point of No Return”. The abg is asking about Teal’c, and says something like: “So he is a Technical Sergeant”, and Sam replies, “He’s very good at what he does”. Then abg asks, “What is his area of expertise?”, and Sam replies, after a pause, “Speech writer”. I just love the timing of the remarks, and the looks on her face.

Best Carter Lines:

All the lines that have been mentioned, but I would like to add that in “Nightwalkers” she had some very funny lines.

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:

Death Knell, Metamorphosis.

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode: (this category is especially for Skydiver )

The locker room scene in “Paradise Lost”, and the speech scene from “Heroes part 2”.

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )

The interrogation scenes in “Point of No Return”.

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:

Is there such a thing?

Best Episode which shows ScienceSmart!Sam:

I enjoyed “Message in a Bottle”, where Sam had to keep trying her theories until she eventually got it right.

I know I'll change my mind yet again as soon as I've pressed the submit button, but I suppose I'd better stop somewhere!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Where is this post that they discuss Sam coming back and the fans being 'blown away'??? I haven't seen anything like this. Also, if you want I can post the Tokrah question for you on JM's thread. I don't have any issues with it.

Kat
                        Am trying to remember where I read it... Joe Mallozi's thread?... off to search...

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I'm sorry to interrupt the great discussion going on about Sam's return to Stargate, but if I don't post this now I never will! I keep changing my mind with my answers, so I'm posting now to stop myself!

What Are Your Series Favourite Carter Episodes?

Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam:

Solitudes, Hathor, Foothold, Reckoning part 2.

Best AT Acting Scenes:

I love the way Amanda is always acting/reacting in the background of scenes where other characters are the focus.

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:

Grace, Threads.

Top Ship Episodes:

Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer, Threads.

Best Carter Humour Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...

I like all the scenes already mentioned, but I love the interaction between Sam and the alien bad guy (abg) in “Point of No Return”. The abg is asking about Teal’c, and says something like: “So he is a Technical Sergeant”, and Sam replies, “He’s very good at what he does”. Then abg asks, “What is his area of expertise?”, and Sam replies, after a pause, “Speech writer”. I just love the timing of the remarks, and the looks on her face.

Best Carter Lines:

All the lines that have been mentioned, but I would like to add that in “Nightwalkers” she had some very funny lines.

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:

Death Knell, Metamorphosis.

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode: (this category is especially for Skydiver )

The locker room scene in “Paradise Lost”, and the speech scene from “Heroes part 2”.

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )

The interrogation scenes in “Point of No Return”.

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:

Is there such a thing?

Best Episode which shows ScienceSmart!Sam:

I enjoyed “Message in a Bottle”, where Sam had to keep trying her theories until she eventually got it right.

I know I'll change my mind yet again as soon as I've pressed the submit button, but I suppose I'd better stop somewhere!
                          Great choices, Dips! I have downloaded and integrated your choices into the summary list

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Blown away can also be a good thing...
                            I don't know if this would fall into the "blown away" category, but I still think that Sam is off doing something with General Hammond.
                            Spoiler:
                            You know, we've got this huge power vacuum in the galaxy now that the goa'uld have been defeated. It's not just the jaffa that have been freed, it's all those hundreds (thousands?) of goa'uld dominated planets that are now free. And Earth/the Tau'ri are in a grand position to step in and fill that power void. "Hey, let's make some friends to help us defend against the Wraith that we now know may be coming."

I think it would make perfect sense if Sam and General Hammond are off establishing some sort of diplomatic outpost to deal with all of these now free worlds. I mean, we obviously don't want a lot of spacecraft coming to earth, but another Alpha site... a galactic Earth embassy charged with the mission of trying to stabilize the galaxy now that the goa'uld have been defeated... That makes sense to me, and Sam and Hammond would make a good pair to establish and lead such an outpost.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G

I sure hope you're right, Matt G!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I don't know if this would fall into the "blown away" category, but I still think that Sam is off doing something with General Hammond.
                                Spoiler:
                                You know, we've got this huge power vacuum in the galaxy now that the goa'uld have been defeated. It's not just the jaffa that have been freed, it's all those hundreds (thousands?) of goa'uld dominated planets that are now free. And Earth/the Tau'ri are in a grand position to step in and fill that power void. "Hey, let's make some friends to help us defend against the Wraith that we now know may be coming."

I think it would make perfect sense if Sam and General Hammond are off establishing some sort of diplomatic outpost to deal with all of these now free worlds. I mean, we obviously don't want a lot of spacecraft coming to earth, but another Alpha site... a galactic Earth embassy charged with the mission of trying to stabilize the galaxy now that the goa'uld have been defeated... That makes sense to me, and Sam and Hammond would make a good pair to establish and lead such an outpost.
                                Great idea, Strix!

Comment

Working...
                                X