Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right,

It looks as though a date has been agreed for 1speed's inaugural Stargate experience. Of course it begins with the film, this saturday at my place. Anybody want to join in just catch a flight!!

So 1speed may actually be able to post on topic next week - well at least Stargate related!

Which reminds me:-

Sam is Fab!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

[Regarding Coley] As Samanda's leading Professional Lancastrian, you're doing a grand job - keep it up!!!

Apologies (and thanks) to anybody who missed me yesterday, but it was "Bad Technology Day" round these parts - whenever I tried to post, my communication device gave up the ghost (ooh, hark at me - suddenly I'm a poet ). At first, I thought I was triggering a hidden Sarcasm Filter, but as the Royal Accountant's posts seem to get through OK, there obviously isn't one (or if there was, it's gone into meltdown by now). Still, things might change once the dentist has de-fanged her today...
      I like the idea of a sarcasm filter for our bean counter! Brilliant!

Glad to see you back and preparing yourself for your Intro to Stargate 101 session this weekend. If you need help, just call on my services! I should think being in a small room watching the telly with Royal Accountant may take a lot of fortitude and energy. The most important lesson to be learned from the movie is that this is the "O'Neil with one l" and you'll meet our "O'Neill with two ls" in Children of the Gods. Our "O'Neill" is much funnier.

Confidentially, when RA gets excited about SG1 and especially Sam, she's liable to start pounding on the table or possibly on the person sitting next to her. Wear some armor!

Jester
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 19 April 2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Right,

It looks as though a date has been agreed for 1speed's inaugural Stargate experience. Of course it begins with the film, this saturday at my place. Anybody want to join in just catch a flight!!

So 1speed may actually be able to post on topic next week - well at least Stargate related!

Which reminds me:-

Sam is Fab!!!
        No, apparently it won't. Have to find another dentist, see if they can do the job properly this time...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          I like the idea of a sarcasm filter for our bean counter! Brilliant!

Glad to see you back and preparing yourself for your Intro to Stargate 101 session this weekend. If you need help, just call on my services! I should think being in a small room watching the telly with Royal Accountant may take a lot of fortitude and energy.

Confidentially, when RA gets excited about SG1 and especially Sam, she's liable to start pounding on the table or possibly on the person sitting next to her. Wear some armor!

Jester
          Thanks for the warning, Jester. But I'm sure the presence of a certain large and spirited dog will ensure things don't get *too* out of control...

1s4S
          Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 19 April 2005, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            first off, i wanted to say that i read (all ten chapters) of 'character' last night (till after 2:30am), and i LOVED it! GREAT fic!

as for 'surface tension'... what's it about? i can't see a summary.

sally
            Well, it's an oddball little story, but the gist of it is this:
            Spoiler:

Sam is captured by an alien who tortures her for information by seriously screwing with her mind; so seriously that after the guys rescue her, she's still not entirely sure what is real and what's not...

Hugs,
            Strix

My LJ

Comment

Thanks for the warning, Jester. But I'm sure the presence of a certain large and spirited dog will ensure things don't get *too* out of control...

1s4S
              Yes, but after the visit to the dentist ... her bite may be worse than his bark!

Anyway ... hope you both (oops all three) enjoy yourselves. I think after you've seen the DVDs for the Stargate first episodes you will feel much more at home with us in Samanda. And I think you will find Sam a very likeable and easy-on-the-eyes character. Ha! That's the understatement of the year: she is stunningly beautiful and a very good actor too.

After you watch an episode called Solitudes, you may want to take our Royal Accountant up those snowy cliffs in Scotland and try to find your own Stargate and DHD! You may have to restrain RA from jumping into crevasses, though, as she is such a big fan of Sam Carter that she may want to try some of her stunts!

Comment

1speed and ChopinGal Oh Gafawww ROTFL - you're killin' me!!

Comment

Was trying to review the seasons for the ultimate Sam poll thisafti'
                  Got to Brief Candle!!
                  And when does the submission have to be in? This friday? and I'm back at work tomorrow and busy thursday evening???? Mmmmmm!!!
                  Tricky!!!

Comment

I love how you can sit with your television's volume turned off and still get the mood of a scene simply by watching Amanda's facial expressions. She's so beautifully expressive with her eyes and face, you can truly feel how tense this moment was in Redemption without ever hearing a word.

Kat
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 April 2005, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Well after a rough flight today I'm back home from Vancouver. They had a cool exhibit of some things from both SG-1 & Atlantis at the Con - thought y'all might like to see a few of the things they had on display. Click on thumnails to see larger image.

Recognize this guy? Can anyone name all the episodes he's been seen in?

A picture from the dance party -

Okay I have to work tomorrow so it's off to bed - Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up on all the posts I missed while gone.
                      Wonderful pics, tsaxlady! Thanks so much for posting them and sharing them with us! Everyone sure looks happy in that last group shot!

Comment

Apologies (and thanks) to anybody who missed me yesterday, but it was "Bad Technology Day" round these parts - whenever I tried to post, my communication device gave up the ghost (ooh, hark at me - suddenly I'm a poet ). At first, I thought I was triggering a hidden Sarcasm Filter, but as the Royal Accountant's posts seem to get through OK, there obviously isn't one (or if there was, it's gone into meltdown by now). Hmm, wonder if the tone will change once the dentist has de-fanged her today...
                        ROTFLOL! You guys are too funny! Hidden Sarcasm Filter.... defanged... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I love how you can sit with your television's volume turned off and still get the mood of a scene simply by watching Amanda's facial expressions. She's so beautifully expressive with her eyes and face, you can truly feel how tense this moment was in Redemption even without hearing a word.

Kat
                          *Great* pic panel, Kat! Wonderful shots of Sam/AT - and you're right - without any words, this sequence conveys a tremendous amount of the story. AT is great... and Sam Rocks... or Sam is Fab (as Coley said a bit earlier).

Comment

The thing that worries me about season 9 is the fact that (I don't know if I need to spoiler this or not, but I'm going to, just to be safe)
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam is "out of the loop" for so long. By necessity, they're having to start the first several episodes without her, focusing attention on the other characters. I have no doubt that CJ and MS think that season 9 is awesome, after all, they're going to have the limelight in the beginning. Nothing wrong with that, but they're going to establish their own chemistry with the new characters, and they're going to be established as the main players in the new theme of the season. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that the writers are taking things in a new direction, and the new direction has a certain amount of cohesion to it, just like the first eight seasons had the on-going theme of the battle with the goa'uld.

So Sam being gone in the beginning leaves her out of all of this new stuff in the crucial development stage. I'm afraid she's going to be brought back in as sort of an after-thought.... oh, and by the way, Sam's back! Now to continue with our story where we left off... Plus, if the writers aren't careful, they could easily bring her back in such a way as to disrupt whatever chemistry has been established between the new characters in the first episodes, opening her up to criticism from the fans. If they set up BB in such a way that the fans fall in love with him, love him in charge, love him leading SG-1, it could be really bad for Sam.

My LJ

Comment

Speculation for Season 9
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              Originally posted by Strix varia
                              The thing that worries me about season 9 is the fact that Sam is "out of the loop" for so long. By necessity, they're having to start the first several episodes without her, focusing attention on the other characters. I have no doubt that CJ and MS think that season 9 is awesome, after all, they're going to have the limelight in the beginning. Nothing wrong with that, but they're going to establish their own chemistry with the new characters, and they're going to be established as the main players in the new theme of the season. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that the writers are taking things in a new direction, and the new direction has a certain amount of cohesion to it, just like the first eight seasons had the on-going theme of the battle with the goa'uld.

So Sam being gone in the beginning leaves her out of all of this new stuff in the crucial development stage. I'm afraid she's going to be brought back in as sort of an after-thought.... oh, and by the way, Sam's back! Now to continue with our story where we left off...

Plus, if the writers aren't careful, they could easily bring her back in such a way as to disrupt whatever chemistry has been established between the new characters in the first episodes, opening her up to criticism from the fans. If they set up BB in such a way that the fans fall in love with him, love him in charge, love him leading SG-1, it could be really bad for Sam.
                              Strix! You said that *so* perfectly! These are some of the main things that have been chewing away at me as well. I, obviously, think Sam is a great character... but I've always been willing to have her *share* the limelight with the others on the show... As we've seen from our Best Carter Episode Polls, Sam's great episodes average 10-25% of each season - which is just about right for one member of a 4-person team. And in the other episodes, she still has some great lines and/or fun scenes. But it's not the Sam Carter show... and that's OK... That said, she needs to 'fit in' in Season 9 - and not be a 'third wheel' that might be seen as getting in the way.

BB's character is obviously the Jack replacement and BB already has a large fan base, so it is most likely that his character is going to be simply adored by many. So... I really don't see how any friction or competition between Sam and Mitchell can do anything but harm to Sam's character within the eyes of the larger fanbase.

So I still don't get why they made Mitchell a Lt. Col... it just sets things up for friction and animosity as BB's fans will see Sam as usurping his position.

Of course... my *unhappy* prediction
                              Spoiler:
                              that Sam gets Tokrafied would remove that friction as the Air Force would not put a Tokra in charge of SG-1, so BB would stand as the sole member of SG-1 who was 'simply military'

I've been thinking of posting my question on the Joe Mallozzi thread
                              Spoiler:
                              The question being: Is Sam going to get Tokrafied in Season 9?
                              What do you folks think? Should I post the question...? I don't know if I have the nerve to ask the question outside of Samandaland... I'm not sure I can handle the responses from some of the 'meaner posters'... and I don't think I'll handle it well if a lot of folks seem to think that
                              Spoiler:
                              Tokrafying Sam
                              is a great idea (cuz they don't like her the way she is).

Hmmm... Astrog mentally paces...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Speculation for Season 9
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                \
                                Strix! You said that *so* perfectly! These are some of the main things that have been chewing away at me as well. I, obviously, think Sam is a great character... but I've always been willing to have her *share* the limelight with the others on the show... As we've seen from our Best Carter Episode Polls, Sam's great episodes average 10-25% of each season - which is just about right for one member of a 4-person team. And in the other episodes, she still has some great lines and/or fun scenes. But it's not the Sam Carter show... and that's OK... That said, she needs to 'fit in' in Season 9 - and not be a 'third wheel' that might be seen as getting in the way.

BB's character is obviously the Jack replacement and BB already has a large fan base, so it is most likely that his character is going to be simply adored by many. So... I really don't see how any friction or competition between Sam and Mitchell can do anything but harm to Sam's character within the eyes of the larger fanbase.

So I still don't get why they made Mitchell a Lt. Col... it just sets things up for friction and animosity as BB's fans will see Sam as usurping his position.

Of course... my *unhappy* prediction
                                Spoiler:
                                that Sam gets Tokrafied would remove that friction as the Air Force would not put a Tokra in charge of SG-1, so BB would stand as the sole member of SG-1 who was 'simply military'

I've been thinking of posting my question on the Joe Mallozzi thread
                                Spoiler:
                                The question being: Is Sam going to get Tokrafied in Season 9?
                                What do you folks think? Should I post the question...? I don't know if I have the nerve to ask the question outside of Samandaland... I'm not sure I can handle the responses from some of the 'meaner posters'... and I don't think I'll handle it well if a lot of folks seem to think that
                                Spoiler:
                                Tokrafying Sam
                                is a great idea (cuz they don't like her the way she is).

Hmmm... Astrog mentally paces...
                                I am close to posting something like this...

Joe...can we clear up once and for all whether or not we'll get to see Sam as the kickbutt and snarky (when the need arises) SG-1 team leader that we got a glimpse of in It's Good to be King? There still seems to be some doubt on those lines...

ON EDIT: I went ahead and posted the question...
                                Last edited by Uber; 19 April 2005, 12:08 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X