Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

this is funny, someone just red repped me for liking sam/teal'c

this is...well it's more fun than the first red rep i got, which was for not capitolizing every sentence (yep, i know, bad english, but i'm lazy and i get frustrated having to keep backspacing to fix all my typos)

I feel so honored that i've joined the 'fly by dinging' club.

sorta like i felt when someone plagarized one of my fic. I'm not mad, i'm amused
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Or maybe episode five is actually an action packed episode that shows Sam on her own trying to get back home to Earth, and in
      Spoiler:
      Ex Machina Deus Sam is back with SG-1.
      *Heavy sigh* One can hope, right??
      Originally posted by jckfan55
      That would be cool. We can only wait and hope.
      I agree... and am waiting (impatiently) and hoping (anxiously).
      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I'm wondering what kind of relationship she'll have with him [Mitchell]? I mean, there are little sister undertones with Teal'c and big sister undertones with Jonas...I'm not sure how to quantify her relationship with Daniel beyond "really good friend" and of course, there's Jack and that whole dynamic.

Only time will tell what kind of chemistry we pick up between the two of them...I hope it's not solely a friction based "you took over SG-1 during my absence" kind of thing
      I'd like to see SG-1 as a cohesive team... with Sam in the lead... with full support from the guys. Sam can be snarky with bad guys and they could have some 'friction' with other SG teams, perhaps... but I'd rather have them focus on Sam's competence in Season 9.
      I liked the S/J relationship, but in all honesty with RDA gone... I think it's time the storylines move away from Sam in a relationship and get back to good ole action storylines. Though I have to admit,
      Spoiler:
      I'm a bit disappointed to hear about yet another NID storyline in season 9.
      They have never been my favorite... typically being the least exciting in my book. I really want to see the team stepping through the Stargate much more for off-world missions.
      Here's to SG-1, with Sam in charge, going offworld! Scifi Ho!
      Janet:
      OK. At least consider what you've been through the last few years. You have had a Tok'ra symbiote die in your brain, your memory has been stamped, and then your entire consciousness has been transferred into a computer, then back again ... and THAT is just for starters. Eventually, it has to take it's toll.
      As AT said in that end-of-Season 8-interview, Sam has a lot to deal with now... being the CO of SG-1, the death of her father, the end of her relationship with Pete, there's Jack... and the ramifications of RepliCarter and Gemini... and then there's Cassie and Janet's death in the background still... and there's still the legacy from Jolinar.... there's so much for Sam to deal with - so much great substance for storylines and scenes... So what I hope is that Season 9 does not introduce any new emotional trauma - she's had enough.. and there are lots of potential storylines in the things that have already happened. Please... don't ship her with anyone new... please don't kill off anymore of her family or close colleagues... please don't give her another symbiote or some such... Please just let her be Sam! There's plenty there to work with - eight years of stuff to work with!

I'd like to see Sam get comfortable with leading SG-1 - and other troops. I'd like to see Sam occassionally dealing with her personal life... some conversations with Cassie - even if they are one-sided phone conversations where we don't get to actually *see* Cassie (the actress might not be available or some such)... some scenes where Sam deals with Goa'uld tech and the repercussions on her... Maybe RepliCarter comes back - and *Sam* gets to kick her replicated a$$... I'd like to learn more about what Fifth did to Sam when he mentally tortured her... maybe see Sam take off on her motorcycle for a ride (I know that they'd have to use a stunt double because the insurance won't let AT get on the bike)...

But overall... Competent, Heroic Sam. That's my hope for Season 9.

With at least a couple of scenes of Sam in the front seat of something like the X-302.
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 April 2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Dismantles the reel just to see what the mechanism looks like.
        ROTFLOL, TH! Love it! And I can just picture the look of incredulity on Jack's face and then Sam's sheepish-shy look when she notices that he's watching her dismantle his fishing gear!

Comment

I want to make sure I don't sound like I'm hoping for some major animosity between Mitchell and Sam...I don't want them to hate each other or anything...

But it would be kind of neat to watch Sam maybe be a little leary of him and really gauge Mitchell like O'Neill did to Jonas to see if he would prove himself...and of course did in Descent...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            lol

this is...well it's more fun than the first red rep i got, which was for not capitolizing every sentence (yep, i know, bad english, but i'm lazy and i get frustrated having to keep backspacing to fix all my typos)

sorta like i felt when someone plagarized one of my fic. I'm not mad, i'm amused
            Awww, how weird. I thought everyone liked Teal'c? He's like a big ole sweet and cuddly bear. He's just so darn huggable, what's not to like? Hmm, did they really say it was because you liked Sam/Teal'c? Or was it one of those infamous no comment ones???

I'm still making my way down Strix's fanfic list... I should have been working in the yard today but no... I'm sitting here helping my daughter do her homework and reading yet another story.

Comment

I liked the S/J relationship, but in all honesty with RDA gone... I think it's time the storylines move away from Sam in a relationship and get back to good ole action storylines. Though I have to admit,
              Spoiler:
              I'm a bit disappointed to hear about yet another NID storyline in season 9.
              They have never been my favorite... typically being the least exciting in my book. I really want to see the team stepping through the Stargate much more for off-world missions.
              Yeah, I've always felt the same way. I prefer the off-world stuff. But
              Spoiler:
              having goa'ulds on earth could make for some interesting action. They've been wiped out in the rest of the galaxy, but I appreciate the irony of the rogue NID/Trust perpetuating the goa'ulds' power and existence on earth, when supposedly their goal was to get rid of them. Plus, I loved Sam's interaction with Baal in Reckoning. It would be great to see her more of that, perhaps taking him out once and for all.

My LJ

Comment

I want to make sure I don't sound like I'm hoping for some major animosity between Mitchell and Sam...I don't want them to hate each other or anything...

But it would be kind of neat to watch Sam maybe be a little leary of him and really gauge Mitchell like O'Neill did to Jonas to see if he would prove himself...and of course did in Descent...

i would LOVE to see some sam/cam conflict. him kinda not trusting her, her uncomfortable with him, them both having to come to a pact/peace and mutually respecting each other

i think it'd be great character development

sigpic

Comment

Awww, how weird. I thought everyone liked Teal'c? He's like a big ole sweet and cuddly bear. He's just so darn huggable, what's not to like? Hmm, did they really say it was because you liked Sam/Teal'c? Or was it one of those infamous no comment ones???
                  the comment ws something like sam/teal'c ewwwe, so yeah, it was pretty obvious

whatever.

and i so love strix's list. i'd read a lot of the fic, but not all of them. it's great to be able to add new fic to my collection. I think it's at 150 meg and counting

sigpic

Comment

and i so love strix's list. i'd read a lot of the fic, but not all of them. it's great to be able to add new fic to my collection. I think it's at 150 meg and counting
                    Thanks! I have more, but it's taking me a while to track them down, and it's going to take me forever to get all of yours.

Also, I know there's a wide range in quality (IMO, anyway) amoung the stories, but I'm not including anything I just couldn't finish. Hopefully I'll be able to post another batch sometime this weekend. When I get the website up, I'll probably have some way of designating the ones that I really, really like.

Hugs,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

lol

Hmm. What do I think of someone dinging you for liking Sam and Teal'c??? Let me see...

I feel like posting a couple of cute Sam/Teal'c moments!!!

FROM SPACE RACE: Teal'c walks to stand directly in front of Sam, smiling and looking after the retreating forms of Daniel, Jack and Warrick.

TEAL'C: (quietly) "I am in your debt, Major Carter."
                      CARTER: "Indeed."

I love their relationship...it's like he's her (much) older brother!!! Yet he has no problem with her in command of SG-1 and follows her orders without question...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        ...So what I hope is that Season 9 does not introduce any new emotional trauma - she's had enough.. and there are lots of potential storylines in the things that have already happened. Please... don't ship her with anyone new... please don't kill off anymore of her family or close colleagues... please don't give her another symbiote or some such... Please just let her be Sam! There's plenty there to work with - eight years of stuff to work with!

I'd like to see Sam get comfortable with leading SG-1 - and other troops. I'd like to see Sam occassionally dealing with her personal life... some conversations with Cassie - even if they are one-sided phone conversations where we don't get to actually *see* Cassie (the actress might not be available or some such)... some scenes where Sam deals with Goa'uld tech and the repercussions on her... Maybe RepliCarter comes back - and *Sam* gets to kick her replicated a$$... I'd like to learn more about what Fifth did to Sam when he mentally tortured her... maybe see Sam take off on her motorcycle for a ride (I know that they'd have to use a stunt double because the insurance won't let AT get on the bike)...

But overall... Competent, Heroic Sam. That's my hope for Season 9.

With at least a couple of scenes of Sam in the front seat of something like the X-302.
                        Great post, Astro! Although, I wouldn't mind seeing more emotional trauma for Sam, depending on how it's done. I mean, I won't object to good, dramatic stories that show Sam overcoming adversity, be it physical adversity, emotional adversity... whatever. I don't want to see any of the regulars killed off (I still miss Janet), but emotional trauma can be a wonderful plot device. I wouldn't want the writers to cut that out of their good storytelling tool boxes.

But I love your other ideas!

My LJ

Comment

i would LOVE to see some sam/cam conflict. him kinda not trusting her, her uncomfortable with him, them both having to come to a pact/peace and mutually respecting each other

i think it'd be great character development

Yeah, I can see all kinds of possibilities for conflict when Sam does come back. If Cam has been leading Daniel and Teal’c while she was gone and they have accepted him in that role, how will they feel about Sam coming back as the leader? If they have been resistant to him, will Sam be the good soldier yet again and try to persuade them to all get along? From what I’ve read about next season, though, the first few episodes sound like Daniel and Teal’c are off doing their own thing, at least some of the time; Daniel with Vala(shudder), and Teal’c with the free Jaffa. So maybe the new team dynamic won’t be set in stone when Sam comes back.(and takes over command)

NC

Comment

To be honest i'm a bit worried about Season 9, i have never felt this way before, and its not because of Jack, although i will miss him.
                            I'm worried about Sam and how Cameron Mitchell (Browders character) will affect her place on the show. Mitchell could end up being great for the show, just like Jonas was in my opinion (i miss him too!!). It all depends on whether or not Sam is in command. If the command is taken away from her i will be angry, even if they came up with a good reason for it, The fact would still be that the Writers/TPTB came up with a story to knock her back down and place Mitchell in charge. I dont care if the story they might come up with would look like a promotion or something else really good, the fact would still be that it happend. Now i hold out hope it won't happen and she still will be in charge. Its not that i have lost faith in the people that make Stargate, SG1 is my favourite show and Season 8 is my favourite Season but i am still worried.
                            Does anybody share the same concerns/feelings with me?

Comment

The only thing I am thinking here is that we really have not seen or heard much yet on Episode 6 have we? The only thing I saw and I do not even know if it is set in stone is that the name is "Order" briefly mentioned by April Telek who guests in that ep. I would venture a guess that perhaps Carter is back in ep 6 but they will be filming out of order because they want to have more of Carter in her return ep than say one that comes later so they will film 7 before 6 and we will get more on 6 as it gets closer to filming. I also think this because didn't one of TPTB say in some recent interview somewhere that when Carter comes back it is for something "grave" (I think that was the word used) and ep 7 doesn't sound like anything "grave" to me (not even Ba'al and the Jaffa on earth would warrant a descriptor like that since it sounds like a retread of Seth and having Seth on earth was never described as "grave".) Perhaps it is something in ep 6 that is "grave" enough and brings Carter back. Just musing - I could be all wrong as I cannot recall all of the spoilers at this point so if I am wrong and we do know more about ep 6 someone more familiar with all of the spoilers thus far can correct me I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                                To be honest i'm a bit worried about Season 9, i have never felt this way before, and its not because of Jack, although i will miss him.
                                I'm worried about Sam and how Cameron Mitchell (Browders character) will affect her place on the show. Mitchell could end up being great for the show, just like Jonas was in my opinion (i miss him too!!). It all depends on whether or not Sam is in command. If the command is taken away from her i will be angry, even if they came up with a good reason for it, The fact would still be that the Writers/TPTB came up with a story to knock her back down and place Mitchell in charge. I dont care if the story they might come up with would look like a promotion or something else really good, the fact would still be that it happend. Now i hold out hope it won't happen and she still will be in charge. Its not that i have lost faith in the people that make Stargate, SG1 is my favourite show and Season 8 is my favourite Season but i am still worried.
                                Does anybody share the same concerns/feelings with me?
                                It's interesting...but I'm not concerned at all.

I absolutely have no doubt in my mind that when Sam returns from whereever she is that she will be reinstated as the team leader. I expect there might be an issue involved in doing so...maybe the new base commander wants to have Mitchell but is persuaded to have Sam...something along those lines...

But I think Season 9 is going to be a GREAT Sam year! Little/No Jack means she can finally focus her attention on the business at hand (and not be weighed down by the whole shippy aspect)...her personal issues have been resolved, etc. It may actually get to the point where we're focusing on the feelings or lives of other characters instead of Sam. Wouldn't it be ironic if the same people who didn't like too much a focus on Sam's personal side got upset because they took that magnifying glass off of her to delve into the other character's interpersonal issues?

Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                                X