Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    A few more of my favorite Sam pics and the dialog to go with them.

.........................................."Embarkation Room" Click here to listen

.................."Not my favorite team" Click here to listen
    NC

Comment

Astro and NC, thanks for the pics and audio clips of my favorite tour guide. I don't know why I find this scene so funny. I must have taken a similar tour in an alternate life!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Citizens and Honourable Members of the Court of Samanda,

To slightly misquote Echo and the Bunnymen, I feel the time has come to Lay Down My Trenchcoat And Groove.

I hope one day to be able to fully partake in Samandan life, but until I have been educated in the ways of Samanda by the esteemed Royal Accountant, I promise I'll just sit quietly at the back and try to keep out of everybody's way.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm (even) older than the aforementioned Bean Counter.

Until next time,

1s4S
        WELCOME!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Well at over 9 pounds, I'm sticking with my original guess...the "B" stands for "Bighonkinbaby."

So, sorry Kat; but her name is Olivia "Bighonkinbaby" Kovacs.

i'm guessing her middle names Bea.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            oh, my... oops.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
            January 04 DancerofSpaz
            January 04 MajorSam
            January 29 Coley [1965] (newly 40)
            February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
            February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
            February 17 Strix Varia [1965] (turning 40 this year)
            March 15 Chopingal
            March 19 Jckfan (newly 40)
            March 22 Olivia
            April 19 Deepspace
            May 20 SamFan [1988]
            June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973] (Turning 32)
            August Tsaxlady (turning 40)
            August 16 Carterslave
            August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
            August 28 Amanda
            August 28 Matt
            August 31 SamFan31
            September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
            October 18 Agent Dark
            November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
            November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
            December 18 NearlyCircular (doesn't like birthday celebrations)

I've also added Carterslave. Anyone who doesn't want to be on this list, I can take you off if you want.
            *very small voice* I am personally very... shy? of birthdays, but after Kat noticed, I felt it was unfair to ask other people for theirs if I didn't put mine.
            okay, i'll tell you what... if you PROMISE NOT to say happy birthday, i'll tell you my birthdate... is it a deal?.... *waits for reply* okay, my birthday is......... is......... i..... s........

may 16th, 1963

there, i did it!

*runs off*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i'm guessing her middle names Bea.

sally
              Yeah, that does have a lovely ring to it.

I went searching for Baby names that started with a "B" and here were a few.

Barbara .......Stranger
              Bea/Beatrice Bringer of Joy
              Becka/Becky Tied
              Belen.......... Arrow
              Belinda........ Beautiful
              Bella/Belle.... Beauty
              Bernadette...Brave bear
              Bess........... Consecrated to God
              Beth........... ""
              Bethany...... ""
              Bliss........... Joy
              Blythe........ Joyous
              Blossom...... Flower-like
              Breanna......Strong
              Brianna.......""
              Bree.......... Hill
              Brenda....... Sword Blade
              Brigitte....... Resolute Strength
              Brita/Britta..Strength

As I was looking at the baby list I saw the meaning of our beloved Queen's name as well...

Amanda...... Worthy of Love

Seems as if she's truly lived up to her name.

Comment

okay, i'll tell you what... if you PROMISE NOT to say happy birthday, i'll tell you my birthdate... is it a deal?.... *waits for reply* okay, my birthday is......... is......... i..... s........

may 16th, 1963

there, i did it!

*runs off*

sally
                Don't worry Sally... I don't know where you live so I can't send Jack to your house this year anyway. So I'll try to very very good next month and not mention it. If you change your mind about Jack though...give me a hollar

Comment

WHHHATTTT!!?!??!??!?

You left off the ROYAL SAMNESS???

But how will anyone know that you are referring to Her Eminence, Her Royal Highness, the Great and Gracious Queen of SAMANDA?!?!???

*gasp*

Omg... you're right... WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!?

*gasp* NO, I must be under the influence of an evil new system lord! How could I EVER omit that most utterly life important fact... and to JOE MALOZZI of all people! I mean, he's EXACTLY the sort of person we want hearing about our Royal Court and the almighty-pedestal-gracing Queen!!!!

*smacks self on head then slinks away in shame*
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Don't worry Sally... I don't know where you live so I can't send Jack to your house this year anyway. So I'll try to very very good next month and not mention it. If you change your mind about Jack though...give me a hollar
                    i live near RDA!!! *takes numberous deep breaths*... *becomes more dizzy*

i live in Los Angeles county in Lakewood (next to Long Beach), and RDA lives in Malibu. we're in the same county!

*sighs*

Sally, who wants RDA for her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their wonderful pictures, sound clips, comments and for generally keeping me entertained over the past few days.

Also, I wanted to give a big 'thank you' for all the nice comments and rep points I've recieved recently. I should probably vocalize it more often, but please know that I am geniunely touched by such kind responses.

Kat

Comment

i live near RDA!!! *takes numberous deep breaths*... *becomes more dizzy*

i live in Los Angeles county in Lakewood (next to Long Beach), and RDA lives in Malibu. we're in the same county!

*sighs*

Sally, who wants RDA for her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Grin my mother-in-law lives in Long Beach. Hmm, maybe I should take a little family trip to Cali, pick you up, and we can check up on RDA...you know...just make sure he's settling into retirement ok.

Edit: Oops just to stay on topic!!!

Jack: Psst...Carter.
                        Sam: zzzzzzz
                        Jack: Oh please...I know you're not asleep.
                        Sam: Zzzzzz
                        Jack: Oh well...guess you don't want one of these blue Jello cups I
                        liberated from Daniel's pack.
                        Sam: *opening one eye to look at Jack* I'm awake.
                        Jack: (grinning) Ha! I knew it.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 April 2005, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Here is my next Ultimate Sam banner...we're up to Season three now...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Rules of Engagement
                            Legacy
                            Nemesis
                            Fair Game
                            Point of View
                            New Ground

Definatly the best one so far, Sam in her Camo paint and Sam on her M4, blowing away those pesky replicators

Comment

These are really great, Über!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                ROTFLOL! Sam would never say that (where we could hear it) but it's fun to imagine!

I'm hoping to see that Carter and Mitchell are friends... if they are around the same age, it would be cool if they had gone through the Academy together and then flown together as young pilots... and they have a mutual respect for each other's abilities. (OK, so I live in La-La Land).
                                I beg to disagree oh revered Keeper. I think this is what we've been hinting at all along ... for Sam to kinda grow up and take command and be snarky when she has to. She's at an age (listen up, all you venerable 40-somethings) when women tend to become more assertive and sure of themselves. So, yes, I think Sam could definitely speak those words to Mitchell (or anyone else stepping on her toes).

And, wouldn't it be fun to see Sam starting to express herself more forcefully? I'm not looking for the stereotypical "b/witch" behavior but just a set look in the eye, a determined stance, and a "yes, I'm back ... deal with me".

In many ways, she's been Jack's trusty 2IC for most of the seasons and in his shadow. Now it is time for her to step up and spread her wings and fly free!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 14 April 2005, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X