skydiver (Denise)--
    tara 3583--November 9, 1954
    dipsofjazz--August 20, 1959
    sam fan--May 20, 1988
    astrogeologist--
    Chopingal--March 15
    coley--
    Agent Dark--October 18
    Uber (Mary Beth House)--June 19, 1973 (soon to be 32 )
    Forever (Kat)--September 2
    NC--December 18
    Strix--February 17
    majorsam--january 4
    the dancer of spaz--January 4
    (our lurker extroidinaire and our president share a birthday!)
    Mine is November 2, 1957. a baby boomer scorpio

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay - here's another NAME THAT EP/NAME THAT SCENE picture:

I'm going to guess...
      Spoiler:
      the first time we see Felger... The Other Guys?
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 09 April 2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        My guess is that Replicarter is not gone - the white light at the end seemed to me to encompass Daniel AND Replicarter and it is my belief, so far, that they have plans for RC in 9. I hope that, perhaps, one of the things Mallozzi was alluding to, in that oh-so not-specific way he has, with his most recent response to a Carter question on the Ask JM thread, was to watch S9 because they do have good, solid plans for Carter. It is my hope that those plans will include RC since everyone at Stargate productions must know by now that that storyline was a HUGE hit with fans (if they don't know it then I really have no hope for them . . . at all). Therefore, I believe there is still a chance that the real Carter will get her day with RC and will kick her a$$ from here to kingdom come.
        I was impressed with the end of New Order when they revealed Fifth's creation of a Replicator Carter, because the storyline possibilities were so abundant and numerous. And that little scene was apparently a little add-on that wasn't in the original script!

And I too, would like to see our Carter take on Replicarter one-on-one and take her down! Would love to see a mental duel between the two where our Carter wins.

Comment

Hopefully, THIS one will actually provide a challenge to my fellow Samandans...

NAME THAT EP and SCENE!

Last edited by Uber; 09 April 2005, 08:12 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

NAME THAT EP and SCENE!

By the way, are these presenting a challenge to ANYBODY?!???
            Ooh, ohh, I think I know this one!
            Spoiler:
            Into the Fire?
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              I'm going to guess...
              Spoiler:
              the first time we see Felger... The Other Guys?
              Yup.
              Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              Ooh, ohh, I think I know this one!
              Spoiler:
              Into the Fire?
              Double Yup.

What about my newest one???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd like to apologize to all Samandans, as I fear I ruffled some feathers with my spirited defense of Sam yesterday.
                Hey Uber, I'm still playing catch-up, but you didn't ruffle my feathers. The discussion has been quite fascinating and thought provoking.

Hugs,
                Strix

My LJ

Comment

Hopefully, THIS one will actually provide a challenge to my fellow Samandans...

NAME THAT EP and SCENE!

Gemini, when Sam is viewing Replicarter sitting in an interrogation room, from a different room?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Gemini, when Sam is viewing Replicarter sitting in an interrogation room, from a different room?
                    Nope.

Hey! I may have one here that even sharp shooter tsaxlady may not hit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      spoilers for s7's chimera

i'd spent a great deal of time in fandom before chimera aired to know exactly how i 'didn't' want to come off (hypocrite). i hated chimera (that's a strong word, and i mean it totally). it crushed me as a shipper and irritated me as a sam fan, and i think to this day, i haven't totally gotten over it. but to stick to the above scene... that scene bothered me more than any scene i've ever watched in stargate's history. did it offend me? no. that first half of the ep showed me everything i'd always dreamed about for sam and jack. hand holding, kissing, romance, turned-on reactions, cute chit-chat, lying in bed together, and passion (that scene). speaking 'just' as a shipper; if I were to say i was offended by that scene, *i'd* be a hypocrite and a liar. you know when you're upset about something, you criticize and nit-pick it to death. but it wasn't that i was offened by all those sam/pete scenes, it was that i totally wanted it for sam and jack. i guess what i'm trying to say is that for 'this' shipper, i wanted all that romance for my preferred couple. and that's how i saw all those scenes, as pure romance. but for the women here that have small children, i can understand your concerns. (i still want to see that type of romance, though, for sam and jack )
                      ((((to Sal, an honest S/J shipper)))) - there are lots of folks who can't be as honest and true as you are here.

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i was *immensely* bothered by the content/violence in season 6's abyss. i remember being in a chatroom with brad wright, and i asked him personally if the violence was bad in that ep. i might not have small children of my own, but i have a retarded/autistic brother you reacts *very* strongly to violence, so i was afraid he'd freak and start having a fit. brad said it wasn't bad, and my brother didn't freak, but i NEVER will watch that ep again *super hugs jack*.

i liked it, just not with 'him'. but again, i don't have children to worry about. i also have no morals, so maybe that's why i like those scenes. (the no morals thing is a joke... really.... REALLY)

we've been having some awesome discussions here, so thank you, everyone, for being so open-minded.

sally
                      Thank YOU Sally for starting it so we could join it.
                      I tried to rep you Sal, but it won't let me, so I'll just have to send you some blue jello.

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera

Originally posted by astrogeologist

<snip>

And, while I wasn't expecting them to show Sam and Pete kissing ardently against the wall... I have to admit that a large part of me was thinking 'You Go Girl!'.... (astrog ducks)
                        Yeah, but they could have at least picked a hunk for her lover!!!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Hey Uber, I'm still playing catch-up, but you didn't ruffle my feathers. The discussion has been quite fascinating and thought provoking.

Hugs,
                          Strix
                          (((((((((((Strix V)))))))))))

It's nice to know we can all come here and vigorously debate the direction of our Sam in a civilized manner like this!

I wish AT would stop by some time to see how much support there is for her!

Comment

NAME THAT EP!

Too easy! Letter from Pegasus. Why? Because I watched a whole frigging episode just to see Amanda say "Atlantis!" If only I'd known that I'd seen her entire performance in the promo spots. Those tricky TPTB sure know how to play us like harps.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                              Too easy! Letter from Pegasus. Why? Because I watched a whole frigging episode just to see Amanda say "Atlantis!" If only I'd known that I'd seen her entire performance in the promo spots. Those tricky TPTB sure know how to play us like harps.
                              Hey, it worked on me...it was a good show and I got to know the characters a bit better...

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

My guess is that Replicarter is not gone - the white light at the end seemed to me to encompass Daniel AND Replicarter and it is my belief, so far, that they have plans for RC in 9. I hope that, perhaps, one of the things Mallozzi was alluding to, in that oh-so not-specific way he has, with his most recent response to a Carter question on the Ask JM thread, was to watch S9 because they do have good, solid plans for Carter. It is my hope that those plans will include RC since everyone at Stargate productions must know by now that that storyline was a HUGE hit with fans (if they don't know it then I really have no hope for them . . . at all). Therefore, I believe there is still a chance that the real Carter will get her day with RC and will kick her a$$ from here to kingdom come.
                                i'm hoping for that too, bink. i loved replicarter! i think the white light enveloping them both could either be two separate issues (daniel being ascended and rc being vanquished), but i'd like to believe that oma saved them both, and has rc on ice until she knows what to do with her. i think they filmed it ambiguously (they LOVE doing things like that ) on purpose, to leave with wondering what really happened.

on a side note to this: i hope 'if' they have her return, she acts/is directed more like she was in gemini than reckoning 2. i thought she was more menacing acting/sounding more like our real sam than the i-can't-use-a-contraction-because-i'm-an-alien dialog.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X