Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    I'm back! I'm back....I'M BACK!!!!! OH THANKS GOODNESS, STARTS TO HYPERVENTILATE. INEED MY FIX, I NEED MY FIX. JUMPS UP AND DOWN JUMPS UP AND DOWN SLOWLY COMES TO HER SENSES, STOPS JUMPING UP AND DOWN REALISING THERE ARE 73 PAGES - YES 73 TO CATCH UP WITH - REACHES FOR THE DRINKS CABINET.......OI! JESTER WHERE'S ALL THE BOOZE GONE!!!!! SO I GOT LEFT WITH DIRTY DICK EH!!!

Well its been a long and painful haul, but I've just installed a new browser - firefox to be exact. Whilst the captures come up very poor quality and take about 4 times as long to load at least I'm here. It will take me forever to catch up though

Hope everyones fine.

How about it - A lovely girl I bet the thread went wild!!

Right I'm so surprised to be back I'm a little disorientated and don't know quite what to do. Bck to page 135 I think!!

Many thanks to Astro for all the help trying to get me back on the thread!!

I think the real answer is a new pc and IE6!!

Chopingal (Janet): Hey - check this out!
    Astrog (Sam): What?
    Chopingal (Janet): Coley's posted on the SaGC! Coley's back on the forum!
    Astrog (Sam) is excited and goes off to see how Coley accomplished this.

Wow! Look at what Coley did! She's got her computer cross-wired into the Furling Firefox interface.
    This is absolutely amazing!

WELCOME BACK COLEY!!!!!!
    You have been sorely missed. Deepspace should be returning any day and she'll be so glad to see that you've made it back!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Good Citizens of Samanda

We all know that our dear Royal Accountant (aka Coley) has been having great difficulty in returning to the kingdom because of a malfunctioning communication device. She has managed to forward a poem about her predicament and I shall post it here.

I wonder if they'll miss me
      I wonder if they care
      I wonder if the land is bankrupt
      Because I cannot be there

I wonder if our President
      Is back safely from afar
      I wonder if the capture kids *
      Are still raising up that bar

I wonder if the Jester
      Is still merry without me
      I wonder if our learners **
      are swotting studiously ***

I wonder how they're celebrating
      Astro's winning pair ****
      I wonder what topics
      Are currently on air

I wander lonely as a cloud
      Oops, that's another ditty
      But, indeed, I do ....

So, to all of you
      I hope you're taking pity!!

* the capture kids are AstroG, Forever, and Uber for all their amazing screen and audio clips/captures
      ** the learners are deepspace and Agent Dark
      *** swotting = studying
      **** winning pair refers to Astro's recent Samfic awards

I think I can speak for all Samandans when I say that not having our Royal Accountant in the kingdom lessens the glow! Her wit and wisdom are sorely missed.

I hereby nominate her poem for the prestigious Bean Arts Award. Considering my recent penchant for naming the wrong colour, I will allow Madam President to make the correct selection of bean for our Royal Bean Counter!

Let us hope that the purchase of a new communication device will soon bring her back into the fold.

Collegially,

Jester
      Wonderful poem Coley!! We've missed you around here. Hope to you come back soon!

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I can't seem to decide on my favorite Sam photo so I decided to play around with an AT photo instead.

Calla

Kat
        You're photoshopping skills are amazing, Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          Great photoshopping, Kat! What did the original image look like?

This was the original picture of the wall hanging I saw...

Cute little hanging but very expensive hehe..
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 April 2005, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I can't seem to decide on my favorite Sam photo so I decided to play around with an AT photo instead.

Calla

Kat
            Very elegant work! You'll be starting a whole new career soon ....

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

Chopingal (Janet): Hey - check this out!
              Astrog (Sam): What?
              Chopingal (Janet): Coley's posted on the SaGC! Coley's back on the forum!
              Astrog (Sam) is excited and goes off to see how Coley accomplished this.

Wow! Look at what Coley did! She's got her computer cross-wired into the Furling Firefox interface.
              This is absolutely amazing!
              The Furling Firefox interface!! And which ale from the royal liquor cabinet have you been imbibing?!

WELCOME BACK COLEY!!!!!!
              You have been sorely missed.
              That's worth drinking to!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Well so to bed!!!

I'm now up to page 139 - great progress eh!!

Discussions of Blue Feather and what Sam will be up to in season 9 - Oh and a bit about bulletproofing. All interesting stuff!!

So glad to be back!
                Warning: You'll need the "bulletproofing" to endure the passionate discussion of the Blue Feather. Better yet, fast forward a few pages ....

Comment

Spoiler:
                  URGO

Caption: Man I could really go for a double tall latte right now. Where's Daniel when you really need him?
                  You got it. Good caption.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Good Citizens of Samanda

We all know that our dear Royal Accountant (aka Coley) has been having great difficulty in returning to the kingdom because of a malfunctioning communication device. She has managed to forward a poem about her predicament and I shall post it here.

I wonder if they'll miss me
                    I wonder if they care
                    I wonder if the land is bankrupt
                    Because I cannot be there

I wonder if our President
                    Is back safely from afar
                    I wonder if the capture kids *
                    Are still raising up that bar

I wonder if the Jester
                    Is still merry without me
                    I wonder if our learners **
                    are swotting studiously ***

I wonder how they're celebrating
                    Astro's winning pair ****
                    I wonder what topics
                    Are currently on air

I wander lonely as a cloud
                    Oops, that's another ditty
                    But, indeed, I do ....

So, to all of you
                    I hope you're taking pity!!

* the capture kids are AstroG, Forever, and Uber for all their amazing screen and audio clips/captures
                    ** the learners are deepspace and Agent Dark
                    *** swotting = studying
                    **** winning pair refers to Astro's recent Samfic awards

I think I can speak for all Samandans when I say that not having our Royal Accountant in the kingdom lessens the glow! Her wit and wisdom are sorely missed.

I hereby nominate her poem for the prestigious Bean Arts Award. Considering my recent penchant for naming the wrong colour, I will allow Madam President to make the correct selection of bean for our Royal Bean Counter!

Let us hope that the purchase of a new communication device will soon bring her back into the fold.

Collegially,

Jester
                    Lovely poem and we do miss you Coley. I vote for the awarding of the Bean Arts Award. The Beanie?

Comment

Well after posting that last picture I got the urge to watch Learning Curve again. I have to admit it's not one of my favorite episodes but it's really got some really nice Sam moments in it.

CARTER: Okay, that's the converter, right?

MERRIN: The heating element.

CARTER: What? W...When did we talk about the heating element?

MERRIN: In the very beginning when I described the fodinaire.

CARTER: Oh man. It can't be this hard.
                      I love that Sam is struggling a bit--just like a "normal" person. She's so smart all the time that it's neat to see her have to puzzle something out.

I really like this last scene. Sam's face just lights up when she realizes what she needs to do to get the generator running on her own and Merrin just can't seem to understand why Sam would go through so much trouble.
                      Yeah, I love it when Sam gets so enthusiastic about something.
                      I love the character of Sam for being smart, funny, beautiful but not the "glamor girl" and competent in the field to boot. Competent AND feminine, what a concept. I can imagine kids playing "Stargate" and imagine-- the girls can be Carter and not have to play one of the guys to get a good part. That sounds like a bit of a role model to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Dude, you can't sail on more than one ship at a time!!!
                        Even if they're not mutually exclusive? Well, if it must be one ship and one only, then it's Sam/Janet all the way.
                        I'm going to guess that Rodney McKay is somewhere in the room with her?
                        And has his hand on her butt ... again.
                        I'm sure a lot of the guys who post here have crushes on her too.
                        You think? (Read: Isn't it painfully obvious? Just see my screen name.) It's the biggest fanboy crush I've ever had.
                        Amanda and Sam just comes across as a very down-to-earth, girl-next-door kind of people who everyone would love to have as a friend.
                        Uhhhhh, yeah ... ah, something like that. I 'spose many guys would find Carter intimidating but—to quote a music video that just won an award over at Abydos Gate—"she's what a woman's 'sposed to be."
                        Behold the FOOTHOLD idiot scene! It was when we got to really see how much moxy she has...

Moxie's not the half of it! The attitude, the leather jacket ... that shot rocks my world—to say nothing of what it probably does for my femslasher friends. :-)
                        Last edited by Carterslave; 07 April 2005, 03:59 PM.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Yeah, I love it when Sam gets so enthusiastic about something. I love the character of Sam for being smart, funny, beautiful but not the "glamor girl" and competent in the field to boot. Competent AND feminine, what a concept. I can imagine kids playing "Stargate" and imagine-- the girls can be Carter and not have to play one of the guys to get a good part. That sounds like a bit of a role model to me.
                          Very nicely put!

My LJ

Comment

I'm sure a lot of the guys who post here have crushes on her too.
                            And at least one of the women... <whistling innocently>

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Yeah, I love it when Sam gets so enthusiastic about something. I love the character of Sam for being smart, funny, beautiful but not the "glamor girl" and competent in the field to boot. Competent AND feminine, what a concept. I can imagine kids playing "Stargate" and imagine-- the girls can be Carter and not have to play one of the guys to get a good part. That sounds like a bit of a role model to me.
                              Wow! That's such a cool idea... young girls can role play Sam Carter and get to be in on the action - they don't have to all fight to be Jack in order to get to be in on all the cool stuff.

Comment

It is very hard to pick just one favorite Sam picture. But I'm such a hurt/comfort fan that this one stands out in my mind. Soldier Sam, tired, wounded, but having survived against all odds...

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X