Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    AT: So when I got the Indian motorcycle for that one scene with the classic bike - and they originally had me digging in my garden... they said 'we need to see Sam doing something (a bit hard to understand) that's her own thing so we thought we'd have you digging in your garden. I said 'this woman spends half her time off-world, she doesn't have garden. She has, like, one dead basil plant in her kitchen window, and that's it. So I said 'can't she do something cool like fix a bike?' And they were like 'oh, okay'. And I said 'a classic bike'. And the props guys were like 'well, oh, I don't know'. And I said 'a classic Harley or Indian, that would be cool!' And they found this 1940 classic Indian motorcycle, so that's where it started. But I wasn't allowed to sit on it.

I loved the crack about the dead basil plant. I can picture that!
    ROTFLOL at that line! That line has been ringing in my head ever since I read it 'She has, like, one dead basil plant in her kitchen window'... LOL!

Comment

The server still seems a bit out of whack, but here's something I tried when suffering withdrawl from this thread. Not a "guess the episode" because it's pretty obvious. But I thought it sort of fit with "Samanda."
      click here for image
      LOL Jckfan! Great caption! (and great pic).
      My answer for the episode:
      Spoiler:
      Absolute Power

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        let's see if this one works. i've been trying to post since last night and always get 'server too busy'

ahem, anyway, i'm gonna leave the s8 poll up for a day or three, until things level out with the server

if we want to do the poll with the top 3 of each season, astro, can you please send me the list of eps to have in the poll? i've only kept track of the winners
        Here's the list of episodes that got the highest vote counts for each season

Top Episodes from Best Carter Episode Polls by Season

Singularity (S1) ............... Robert C. Cooper
        Solitudes (S1)................. Brad Wright
        Hathor (S1).................... D. Carren/J Carroll

ITLOD (S2) ..................... Robert C. Cooper
        Tokra 1&2 (S2).................Johnathan Glassner
        A Matter of Time (S2) ……...Misha Rashovich, Brad Wright

Jolinar's Memories/TDYK (S3).......S. Wareham, D.Stashower
        Foothold (S3).................. Heather E. Ash
        Point of View (S3)............ J.Glassner, R.Cooper, B.Wright

Entity (S4)...................... Peter Deluise
        Divide and Conquer (S4).... T. Valenza
        2010 (S4)....................... Brad Wright

Ascension (S5)................ Robert C. Cooper
        2001 (S5)....................... Brad Wright
        48 hours (S5).................. Robert C. Cooper
        Desperate Measures (S5) ….. Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie

Nightwalkers (S6) ……… ...... Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie
        Paradise Lost (S6) ………..... Robert C. Cooper
        Metamorphosis (S6) ……… ...Jacqueline Samuda, James Tichenor
        Unnatural Selection (S6) ……Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Grace (S7) ………................Damien Kindler
        Death Knell (S7) ….............Peter Deluise
        Heroes pt 2 (S7) ……… ...... Robert C. Cooper

-----------
        If anyone wants to view the detailed poll results for each season:

Best Carter Episode Poll Results by Season:
        Season 1: SaGC Thread page#43, Post#846
        Season 2: SaGC Thread page#50, Post#983
        Season 3: SaGC Thread page#70, Post#1389
        Season 4: SaGC Thread page#88, Post#1751;
        .....Season 4 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 1752, 1753, 1754
        Season 5: SaGC Thread page#117, Post#2338;
        ....Season 5 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2339, 2340, 2341
        Season 6: SaGC Thead page#147, Post#2921
        ....Season 6 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2926, 2927, 2928
        Season 7: SaGC Thead page#182, Post#3621
        ....Season 7 Episode comments from SaGC members: Posts 3625, 3626, 3627, 3628, 3629, 3630

Comment

Originally posted by nearlycircular
          NC's Sounds and Pictures from Moebius Part 1

Click here to listen to dialogue
          …Now, just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn’t ... God, that’s horrible! Who would ever say that?!

I can’t believe I wasted my frequent flier miles on this.

And you thought you had bad hair days!

Blue jello reigns in any reality!

McKay: Now you – you I would listen to if you were reading the phonebook.
          Sam: Oh, brother!
          (when I first saw this, I could have sworn she muttered “pr**k”)
          McKay: You see, I love this whole sexy librarian thing. Look, why don’t I take you to lunch, get you up to speed. I hear it’s lemon chicken today – it’s my favourite, hmm?

Daniel: We’re waiting to see General Hammond.
          Davis: He’s busy. Why don’t you tell me – I’ll decide if it’s worth interrupting him.
          Sam: …That is where you’ll find your second Gate.
          Daniel: Worth it?
          Great episode excerpts, NC!
          Love the pics, audio clips and the dialogue excerpts!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            NC's Sounds and pictures from Moebius Part 2

Daniel: Wait a minute – I thought the reason why we brought the ship was so we didn’t have to walk.
            Sam: We can’t just fly into an alien city. The mission is stealth recon, meaning undetected.
            Jack: Meaning shut up!
            Sam: Sorry.

Now, here’s Daniel showing Sam how not to be the hand signal person in charge

Sam: I don’t really like guns.
            Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?
            Sam: Those I like a little better.

I wonder if the future me has a boyfriend?

Jack: It’s just a little weird hearin’ that kind of stuff come out of someone so ...
            Sam: So what?
            Jack: ... hot.
            Sam: Really?
            Jack: Yeah.
            Sam: Wow. Um, it’s just you ... you’re not the kind of guy that I usually attract.
            Jack: No?
            Sam: No. Huh. God. Wow! This is kinda awkward.
            Jack: Yeah, it’s gettin’ there.
            Sam: I’m kind of attracted to ... Daniel.

I lied. I just wanted to get to know you better. You see, usually I’m a very cautious person and I tend to think things ...
            More wonderful pics and audio clips and transcript excerpts!
            Thanks for posting such fun, NC!

Comment

Great moments. The hand signal thing really cracked me up. I know in one of the early seasons they played on that a bit with Daniel. I don't remember the episode, but Jack signals to him & Daniel is like "What?" And they wind up mouthing this whole exchange.
              Also that gun-explosive exchange. Wasn't there a line too something like "have you ever fired a weapon? --Sam: "Does a rocket count?" since she worked for aerospace she probably helped test fire rockets. I bet real Sam worked on rockets too before she joined the program.
              Excerpt from Moebius Part 2:
              SGC. LEVEL 22. Alt-Daniel and Alt-Sam are following General Hammond along a corridor.
              AU DANIEL: Look, the only reason you have the Stargate is cos of us!
              AU HAMMOND: I’m aware of that.
              AU DANIEL: I’m a linguist! By all accounts, your team may need one.
              AU CARTER: And what if something goes wrong with the Gate on the other end?
              AU HAMMOND: Neither of you have had any military training whatsoever. Have either one of you ever even fired a weapon of any kind?
              CARTER: Well ... unless you count launching a rocket.

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                LOL Jckfan! Great caption! (and great pic).
                My answer for the episode:
                Spoiler:
                Absolute Power
                Yep, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Excerpt from Moebius Part 2:
                  SGC. LEVEL 22. Alt-Daniel and Alt-Sam are following General Hammond along a corridor.
                  AU DANIEL: Look, the only reason you have the Stargate is cos of us!
                  AU HAMMOND: I’m aware of that.
                  AU DANIEL: I’m a linguist! By all accounts, your team may need one.
                  AU CARTER: And what if something goes wrong with the Gate on the other end?
                  AU HAMMOND: Neither of you have had any military training whatsoever. Have either one of you ever even fired a weapon of any kind?
                  CARTER: Well ... unless you count launching a rocket.

LOL!
                  Thanks for the exact quote.

Comment

I'm sure that most of you have seen it, but there is a 'Congratulations to AT' Thread for posting new-baby congratulations. While I was perusing the wonderful posts, I came across Chopingal's and it was so good that I wanted to share it with the folks on our SaGC thread
                    Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    A bit late ... but sincere congratulations to Amanda and Alan on their grandest production, Olivia! Thought I'd share some famous quotes on parenting to bring a chuckle should the proud momma happen to read this thread ...

[On pregnancy] To me, life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside. Rita Rudner

Babies are such a nice way to start people. Don Herold

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. Carl Sandburg

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. Sophia Loren

Making the decision to have a child - it's wondrous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born. George Bernard Shaw

When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. J.M. Barrie

A child is a curly, dimpled lunatic. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Raising children is a creative endeavor, an art, rather than a science. Bruno Bettelheim

A child is the greatest poem ever known. Christopher Morley

Hang around doggies and kids; they know how to play. Geoffrey Godbey

And, this seems especially appropriate ... There are children playing in the streets who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago. J. Robert Oppenheimer

Olivia is in very good hands, indeed!
                    What wonderful quotes, Chopingal!

Comment

I noticed that her fan page (amandatapping.com ) also is collecting congratulatory messages for her. She might actually see those, as she occasionally sends a message to be posted there (such as her baby news.)

Comment

Hello Everyone...

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm still having issues with Gateworld.
                        Hopefully this will go through. It's a Sam collage I did this past weekend.
                        I think I've only been able to get one post through in the past four days.
                        If this doesn't work I'll try back tomorrow.

Heaven

I hope you are all doing well. I've seriously missed all the fun and chatting with everyone!!

Kat

Comment

[QUOTE=chocdoc][QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                          Originally posted by majorsal

I think this may be somewhat true, binkpmmc. They probably do not want to give too much away concerning Carter because they know that many fans will watch season 9 to see what happens to her and, for other fans, to see what happens to her and O'Neill.

To be honest, I am only going to watch season 9 because Carter comes back.

I was also thinking that they are not saying too much because they are trying to sell the first five episodes in regard to the new characters. Right now, they want to get the fans excited about the changes at the beginning of the season and the new characters. Surprisingly, they haven't said too much about Teal'c either.

Here's hoping that we get more information about Carter in the next few weeks, now that we know that Amanda and baby are healthy and everything is going well. So now maybe the writers can go ahead with some storylines for Carter, knowing that AT will return to work, albeit perhaps on a limited basis at first in May, and then a bit more substantially in a few months. At least the producers seem to want to accomodate AT and Olivia at the studio, so that is good.

I do want to see Carter as the leader of SG1 when she returns, but most importantly I want to see Carter central to the scifi storylines in the show (which shouldn't be difficult to do, given she is the leading astrophysicist!!! in the show)!!
                          This is a test ... to see if the post will actually go through and not get lost in cyberspace!

You know, we've tossed the whole "what's with Carter in S9?" thing around so much, but did we ever consider her being "far, far away" on a mission with Thor? The little guy just loves Sam (even AT acknowledges he couldn't keep his hands off her bum) ... so maybe, now that the Replicators have folded (or have they really?!) ... well, maybe Carter is collaborating with Thor on some ingenious astrophysical breakthrough ... beamed away by the little gray men just as she was reeling in that one big fish in Jack's pond! Ha! Picture that!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Hello Everyone...

Heaven

I hope you are all doing well. I've seriously missed all the fun and chatting with everyone!!

Kat
                            Right back at you, Kat! This SaGC addiction is really killing all of us - we'll have to start a recovery program and launch balloons in the sky or send messages via carrier pigeons to each other! Eek! And my being out of town for two weekends has just about done me in too ... to come back and find the GW in distress!

Your "Heavens" montage is beautifully done - I'm in heaven viewing it! (Oops, not literally - good grief - I'm here and breathing and you will all hear from me soon ... sorry if I'm paraphrasing the president!)

Comment

I noticed that her fan page (amandatapping.com ) also is collecting congratulatory messages for her. She might actually see those, as she occasionally sends a message to be posted there (such as her baby news.)
                              Yippee - now that GW seems to be all mended ... I wanted to thank you for that great link to AT's Australian transcript ... that was so delightful and funny to read. You're right, it did say a lot about her ... how about her phoning CJ up long distance and getting him to say hi to the crowd?

Thanks again!

And, also thanks to whoever first posted the S8 end-of-season transcript where AT discusses her desire to have "Lt. Colonel Sam Carter" using more of her leadership skills and "planning missions" in S9. It just seemed that she was echoing what we want for her also. I hope TPTB take her wishes seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Hello Everyone...

Heaven

Kat
                                The GW Forum seems to be working fine...right now (quick, knock on wood)...

And, Kat, your Heaven collage is wonderful! What a great array of Sam/AT smiles! Just what's needed to brighten up the day around here!

Comment

Working...
                                X