Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    Yipee! I just read at the Amanda Tapping Club at Yahoo groups that Amanda had a 9lb, 2oz!!!! baby girl March 22nd! Congratulations Mom and Dad! Poz
    Originally posted by jckfan55
    Is this reliable info? If so, thank goodness. I was hoping they were just waiting a few days to announce it and that there weren't any problems.
    Originally posted by Skydiver
    presuming it's true, and i only say that cause it's not from one of the three sources i trust, Kamil, darren or morjana, i'm beyond thrilled for her and so glad it's a girl. she's surrounded enough by boys that she so deserves a little girl to cuddle
    Originally posted by MajorSam
    I was just talking to another person from a different forum, who said a trustworthy person had said a wee bit back baby was born the 22nd.. but then someone else went and got in contact with Amanda's manager who apparantly said it HADN'T been born!!I have no clue on the validity of all these things... I'm all confused, I don't know what's true or not!!!
    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    The thread that you were looking for MajorSam about AT's baby is HERE.
    I'm not sure its actually true after all... Edit: Just saw your edit, yeah thats what that thread above says as well
    Just went web-surfing to see if I could find anything official... no such luck... nothing officially posted at amandatapping.com... and I couldn't find anything at the MGM Stargate website or the Scifi channel Stargate website...

Thanks to Agent Dark for posting the link to the thread on the AT website (I didn't even know that there was a bulletin board there with threads and all!).

And, I too, was wondering if they would wait to make the announcement - to make sure that everything is allright - and to give AT and her husband a little peace and quiet with the newborn - and then there was that MGM 'Mother of All Contests'... So I thought they might want to wait a bit to make the announcement.... that said, I didn't think they'd be able to actually accomplish holding the news 'in' - not in this 'day and age' of paparazzi!

So, erm... I wonder where the 'official' word will come from?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Well hopefully we'll hear something to confirm this information, but if it is true it's really weird because I made up a baby announcement and the temporary birth date on it is March 22, 2005.

And if the information is correct and her baby weighed 9lbs 2oz... I'd just like to say...

ouch...Ouch...OUCH!!!

Wow...God bless her if it's true.

Lol, I myself was 9lbs 4oz... and three weeks early!!!! *angel halo descends upon head*

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Just went web-surfing to see if I could find anything official... no such luck... nothing officially posted at amandatapping.com... and I couldn't find anything at the MGM Stargate website or the Scifi channel Stargate website...

Thanks to Agent Dark for posting the link to the thread on the AT website (I didn't even know that there was a bulletin board there with threads and all!).

And, I too, was wondering if they would wait to make the announcement - to make sure that everything is allright - and to give AT and her husband a little peace and quiet with the newborn - and then there was that MGM 'Mother of All Contests'... So I thought they might want to wait a bit to make the announcement.... that said, I didn't think they'd be able to actually accomplish holding the news 'in' - not in this 'day and age' of paparazzi!

So, erm... I wonder where the 'official' word will come from?
      I have also been going around... nothing official. The thread linked to has so much conflictions... Like I said, waiting for Agent/Manager/Publicist or Her. And official. "A very reliable source" isn't enough for something as big as this, imo, no offense to that person!

*waits on edge of seat for official word*
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Official word.... Olivia B

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
        MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

it's official, kamil jus posted

Hello Everyone!!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my daughter Olivia B o*n Tuesday March 22nd at 6:29pm. She is beautiful and healthy!

She weighed in at 9 lbs 4ozs and was 22 inches long. I am over the moon in love!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Labour and delivery were amazing. With the help of an incredible support team I was able to deliver without any drugs or intervention.

I am deliriously happy.

Thank you for all of the support and love we have received from you.

With love,
          Amanda, Alan and Olivia

so we now have a mini-mandy
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            What's going on in our heroine's mind in this photo?

Guess The Episode

... or create an alternate episode title...
            ... or create a caption...

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            Sam: Thank goodness Gateworld's back up again!
            Originally posted by jckfan55
            Caption: Now if I just shield this a bit, they won't know I'm playing Minesweeper.
            CAPTIONS:

Sam checks up on the forum of her secret Passion:

"Add a dash of AU... or two... or three dashes, bake at a nuanced temperature, for about 8 years..."

"Bakers Anonymous" (Sry Uber, I couldnt' resist!)

Or of course a wonderful cliche'd "Hehehe, Jack wont' know what him 'im!"
            Spoiler:
            Zero Hour

Sam thinking to herself...
            "I understand it's my first mission. He's just being cautious. It's not like he doesn't trust my leadership skills, right? I mean he's the one who promoted me and gave me the flagship team. SG1. The flagship team.

Holy Hannah, what was I thinking! Me...leader of SG-1. What if I'm not really ready for this? What if I screw up? What if he really doesn't think I'm ready? I mean why else would he need to send SG-3 along to watch our back? It's only a recon mission. Go in, do some surveillance and get out. We've done it hundreds of times. I do it in my sleep. So why the need for backup?

For crying out loud Sam, will you snap out of it! This is your big shot! Daniel and Teal'c are behind you 100% and if the General didn't feel you were ready he wouldn't have given you command. Right? Would he?

*heavy sigh* God I really need an aspirin."
            LOL! at all of your great captions (and great wit!)
            And Kat was correct about which episode this is from...

My caption is:

Sam's internal thoughts:
            Bored, bored, bored.
            Latest revisions to the naquadah reactor - done.
            Latest upgrades to the dialing system - done.
            Bored, bored, bored.
            What still needs to be done?
            Reports. Ugh! Performance review write-ups for some of the technicians... double ugh!
            Lunch? Hmm... haven't done that yet... but not hungy... sigh...
            Bored, bored, bored!
            What do I want to do?
            Gate somewhere! Go offworld... see something new...
            Argh! Stuck here with my... reports... ugh!
            Bored, bored, bored.
            Sure hope I get to lead some cool missions in Season 9.
            Sigh.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 28 March 2005, 06:43 PM.

Comment

CAPTIONS:

Sam checks up on the forum of her secret Passion:

"Add a dash of AU... or two... or three dashes, bake at a nuanced temperature, for about 8 years..."

"Bakers Anonymous" (Sry Uber, I couldnt' resist!)

Or of course a wonderful cliche'd "Hehehe, Jack wont' know what him 'im!"

That's great MajorS!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Best Wishes to them all!

Comment

9lbs 2oz... I'd just like to say...

ouch...Ouch...OUCH!!!
                  Originally posted by Skydiver
                  it's official, kamil jus posted

Hello Everyone!!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my daughter Olivia B o*n Tuesday March 22nd at 6:29pm. She is beautiful and healthy!

She weighed in at 9 lbs 4ozs and was 22 inches long. I am over the moon in love!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Labour and delivery were amazing. With the help of an incredible support team I was able to deliver without any drugs or intervention.

I am deliriously happy.

Thank you for all of the support and love we have received from you.

With love,
                  Amanda, Alan and Olivia
                  So... if 9lbs, 2oz warranted an ouch...Ouch...OUCH!!!...
                  what does 9lbs, 4oz - without any drugs or intervention! - get???
                  I think AT just earned even more of my admiration and wonder!!!

Comment

So... if 9lbs, 2oz warranted an ouch...Ouch...OUCH!!!...
                    what does 9lbs, 4oz - without any drugs or intervention! - get???
                    I think AT just earned even more of my admiration and wonder!!!
                    DOH!

*heh* She's always had my admiration, but I can honestly say I'm just a little more in awe of Amanda.

Comment

Best Wishes to them all!
                      Kat - this is a beautiful pic and graphic!
                      They should post it at the amandatapping.com website!
                      (Love how you used AT's wording too!)

Comment

Woohoo, go Amanda
                        9lbs, 4oz - Meh, couldn't of been that hard (to bring up the age old debate )

Best wishes to them all

Comment

Woohoo, go Amanda
                          Oooo... AgentDark deliberately walks noisily through the testy lion's cage... LOL!

Comment

Oooo... AgentDark deliberately walks noisily through the testy lion's cage... LOL!
                            *whistles innocently*

Comment

Woohoo, go Amanda

Best wishes to them all
                              Well I can just say that from personal experience...
                              My daughter was 6lbs 11oz and after nearly twenty hours of labor
                              with an epidural, I have the utmost respect for any woman who does it
                              without anything.

Although I have to say after sitting for 55 minutes with a doctor trying to put a needle in my spine...I was seriously contemplating which pain could possibly be worse...the epidural or the contractions.

Comment

Kat - I sure hope you are posting this at other friendly threads, too! Your pic is a wonderful baby announcement and you should spread it beyond the SaGC!

Comment

Working...
                                X