• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Here are links to the first and second parts of the MGM interview:

MGM Tapping Interview Part 1
    transcript for part 1 transcribed and posted by Morjana

MGM Tapping Interview Part 2

Thank you SOO much AstroG for posting this! I agree with you, she seemed very... tired. I can imagine though, last day of all those months of high energy crazyness, as her pregnancy is really starting to affect things... She probably went home that night and slept for a week straight! I know I would have. Although I missed all her great massive smiles, she had some really good comments, on the reality of women in the real military actually having such responsibility and command, and that she wants to see that. I liked her comments on Sam/Jack gettin it on Everyone is tired of the angst. That's Everywhere. Like Uber's recipe says!
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

So, how about this pic?...
      Where's Sam?
      ...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')
      Guess The Episode

... or create an alternate episode title...
      ... or create a caption...
      Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
      ok, before I see anyone elses answer...
      it's definitely from the viewpoint of a replicator...
      so she's probably on Thor's ship...
      considering she's wearing a top with no sleeves, most likely episode New Order, just before she gets beamed away by Fifth?

edited to add: whoaa! This was my 100th post. eeky!
      Last edited by deepspace; 28 March 2005, 12:10 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Thank you SOO much AstroG for posting this! I agree with you, she seemed very... tired. I can imagine though, last day of all those months of high energy crazyness, as her pregnancy is really starting to affect things... She probably went home that night and slept for a week straight! I know I would have. Although I missed all her great massive smiles, she had some really good comments, on the reality of women in the real military actually having such responsibility and command, and that she wants to see that. I liked her comments on Sam/Jack gettin it on Everyone is tired of the angst. That's Everywhere. Like Uber's recipe says!
        I heard what AT said about more team interaction and I couldn't agree more!

We had some great character development eps over the past couple years...Grace, Threads, etc.... but I don't want to sacrifice the team element of the show for great character development.

The pendulum swings both ways here...programs that have too little character development eps can alienate the fanbase by not letting you get to know the inner workings of your favorite characters' minds. On the flip side, of course, you can focus TOO much on character development and lose the team interaction aspect...

So IMHO let's go for a while with more team eps (although I'm sure we'll have to have an ep or two to get us to know Cameron). Have them go offworld and kick some bad guy butt - and more specifically, let's have Sam really strut her stuff as a team leader and all around super CO...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

jckfan: Hi DS--I'm not at school, I'm one of the college teachers here in Samanda. [That may be hard to believe with what are probably fairly incoherent posts when I'm tired. ] My subject area is definitely not science. I find it interesting, but my brain seems to be built more for the humanities and social sciences. History is my thing.
          Quite the contrary! I was finding it hard to believe that a schoolkid could write so well. That's why it was such a surprise when I thought I read that you were 'off school for a week', but now I understand.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

sky: ya know what? i'm a geek too.
            i'd like to think that i'm relatively smart, but i'm not what anyone would call pretty. i'm a bit plump and i prefer my casual comfortable clothes...and what my sister calls lesbian shoes...nice comfortable leather flats (no i'm not gay, but since i refuse to damage my feet in heels and dress shoes, she considers me weird)
            i read a lot, write and am not what you would call outgoing or personable
            but i'm me. and folks can accept me or they can get over it. I gave up a long time ago trying to be what i'm not
            I don't tell my sisters what i do online, in fact i try to tell them as little as possible about what i do. they can't mock you if you dont' give them ammunition
            deepspace, just be yourself. and there's nothing wrong with being a geek.
            Yeah. I know I shouldn't worry about it, and normally I really don't care what people think of me.
            I am usually a jeans and t-shirts or tops and shorts kind of girl, and flat sandals. Lately though my mum has been wanting me to dress up, wear something 'nice'. I don't feel comfortable wearing fancy clothes, even though she says they're not fancy, they are just what other people wear every day. My two RL friends virtually throw a celebration party every time they get me to wear my hair out. I feel like dressing up draws too much attention, and I hate drawing any attention to myself.
            I don't tell anyone about what I do online. In a way that's the worst part. The kids at a club I go to don't know how much time I spend on the internet, and they still think I'm a loser, so what would they think if they knew.
            Thankyou though. At least we can be geeks together.

NC: Deepspace, I just want to echo what Sky said, and encourage you to not worry about being labelled as anything. I'm sure that astrog will agree with me when I say we need as many students as possible taking math and science classes. And the more classes the better. I teach math at a college of science and engineering, and I guess you could say it's full of geeks, myself included. But when our students graduate, they go on to work at some pretty impressive places, doing some pretty impressive work. Even if you don't think that you're a "natural" when it comes to science and math, keep trying, no matter what others think. It will pay off.
            sky: geeks are what makes the world work.
            who do you think builds the bridges and roads we use to get around??? a bunch of engineers who, yes, i am not exaggerating, may not use pocket protectors, but who are massively geeky.
            who do they ask for help with the tech stuff? yet another geek (me...presentation wise)
            who gets all the pretty people on the air and who make stargate? the geeks. they outnumber the pretty actors 10 to one.
            brains last forever (relatively speaking) while prettiness fades pretty dang fast. your intelligence will take you more places than you can imagine and there is nothing wrong with making yourself smarter
            mmm, it would just be nice to have more of the intelligence. Being an intelligent geek I think I could handle. But I like the kind of books and websites that I read, even if I don't understand it all.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Yeah. I know I shouldn't worry about it, and normally I really don't care what people think of me.
              I am usually a jeans and t-shirts or tops and shorts kind of girl, and flat sandals. Lately though my mum has been wanting me to dress up, wear something 'nice'. I don't feel comfortable wearing fancy clothes, even though she says they're not fancy, they are just what other people wear every day. My two RL friends virtually throw a celebration party every time they get me to wear my hair out. I feel like dressing up draws too much attention, and I hate drawing any attention to myself.
              I don't tell anyone about what I do online. In a way that's the worst part. The kids at a club I go to don't know how much time I spend on the internet, and they still think I'm a loser, so what would they think if they knew.
              Thankyou though. At least we can be geeks together.

Intelligence matter about 'geek" ness either. Geekness to me seems having interests (usually strong interests) in something that not a lot of people can relate to! They think this is weird and... "not normal" because they probably judge themselves as normal, so in comparison... Every individual is unique, so technically we're all geeks!

mmm, it would just be nice to have more of the intelligence. Being an intelligent geek I think I could handle. But I like the kind of books and websites that I read, even if I don't understand it all.

Like they've said, Geeks are what make the world go round! I have a lot of friends who also dont' like drawing attention to themselves, but I still love 'em! I also usually have my face in the internet, and started reading things like Lord of the Rings in Grade One. In regards to Stargate i'm the biggest geek out there! Forums, reading and writing fan fics, conventions, having best friends whom I met through forums. Although sometimes it's excessive, it's made a huge impact in my life. I have no idea the person i'd be without it all!!! Whatever geekness one might have, if it's really such a big thing, then it must have impacts in your life. If you like yourself as a person, you should like your geekness! And i don't really see how you couldn't like yourself, so kudos to geekness, and geeks!

And intelligence doesn't really have to do with Geekness. "Geeks" are usually people who have interests, usually strong interests, in something that not a lot of people can relate to, thus they think it's "weird" or "unnormal" but then again, most people judge "normal' against themeslves, so anything different would classify "geeks" Every individual is unique, so technically we're all geeks!
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Well, I hope the season8 poll stays up for a while. I really want to write something good for this, but I can't do it now because I'm going to be away for a week.
                I was wondering if while I was away someone who's good at collecting pictures, whether off the net or off DVD's, could find me some really good shots of Sam as a scientist, really portraying her clearly as doing something sciency (that's not a word, I know ). When I get back I'd like to try photoshopping something up. I don't have a full version of Photoshop, but Photoshop Elements is a reduced version, which still has some good features and tools.
                I'll have fun while I'm away, but I know I'll miss you all.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oh, I just wanted to say, Atlantis wasn't so bad.
                  spoilers:
                  Spoiler:
                  I am so glad Jack and Daniel were there to support the pilot episode. It made a big difference. I like the character of Major Shepperd, because like Kara Thrace in a way, he's got that rebellious sort of streak, the 'I can disobbey a direct order' kind of character.
                  I wish the wraith, whom I'm assuming are the bad guys for this series, were less monster like. It kind of makes the goa'uld fun, seeing as they are these bad guys who dress tacky and are hugely egotistical. The wraith are more horror like. You can't poke fun at them like the goa'uld.
                  It's funny seeing a totally different kind of Stargate. Blue chevrons! Funny symbols! Forcefield shield instead of the iris!
                  What I don't understand: if they were going to air Atlantis this soon after SG1 finished, why couldn't they have aired it a few weeks earlier, then they wouldn't have needed to cut out so many chunks from episodes in season8.
                  anyway, I'll keep watching, and hope I can learn to like all the characters after a while.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

i dont' like drawing attention to myself either. i'm very much of a background person. as much as i like AT, it would mortify me to get in front of a camera and act. i literally don't see how she can do it, but i also envy her the abilty to do just that

Im sure your mom only has your best interests at heart when she wants you to dress up. maybe you can find a compromise, if she wants you to wear a frillly dress, maybe you suggest a nice pair of slacks instead?

like many parents, she's probably hit the 'i'm proud of my kid' stage and wants to show you off. maybe also, tell her that you're not fond of being the center of attention. maybe she can back down just a little and you two can find some common ground
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sky: i dont' like drawing attention to myself either. i'm very much of a background person. as much as i like AT, it would mortify me to get in front of a camera and act. i literally don't see how she can do it, but i also envy her the abilty to do just that
                      Im sure your mom only has your best interests at heart when she wants you to dress up. maybe you can find a compromise, if she wants you to wear a frillly dress, maybe you suggest a nice pair of slacks instead?
                      like many parents, she's probably hit the 'i'm proud of my kid' stage and wants to show you off. maybe also, tell her that you're not fond of being the center of attention. maybe she can back down just a little and you two can find some common ground
                      She doesn't want me to wear a frilly dress, at least, I don't think she does, though she often asks why I never seem to wear skirts. The reason is, they flap around and get in my way while I'm running around in the garden. It's more that I didn't want to buy hipster jeans, but she insisted they looked better, and things like that. I can see why she would want her kid to stop dressing daggy when she goes out, I'm just finding it hard to do that. I think I am maybe too fussy.
                      Last edited by deepspace; 28 March 2005, 01:02 PM. Reason: I checked my rep folder today, and I've realised that half the lovely comments that people have given me seem to have dissappeared off the page in 'my controls'. I never copied them out :(

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well, sorry about all that folks, I just have clothes on my mind because I have to go pack my bag. See you all in Samanda next week.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

So, how about this pic?...

Where's Sam?

...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')

Guess The Episode

ok, before I see anyone elses answer...
                          it's definitely from the viewpoint of a replicator...
                          so she's probably on Thor's ship...
                          considering she's wearing a top with no sleeves, most likely episode New Order, just before she gets beamed away by Fifth?edited to add: whoaa! This was my 100th post. eeky!
                          Correct, deepspace! And, I have to say that I am very impressed the you and Sky got this... I thought (again) that I'd found a difficult pic for folks to figure out... (erm, it would have been difficult for *me* to figure out ...)... I can barely figure out what's in this pic and where Sam *is*... let alone figure out that it is Thor's ship... it actually looks so abstract to me, it looks like Sam is walking in an outdoor park... a very *pink* park...

And mucho congratulations on your 100th post -- and for posting it here with us!

Comment

What's going on in our heroine's mind in this photo?

Guess The Episode

Comment

What's going on in our heroine's mind in this photo?

Guess The Episode
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tepisode2x.jpg
                              Sam: Thank goodness Gateworld's back up again!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, sorry about all that folks, I just have clothes on my mind because I have to go pack my bag. See you all in Samanda next week.
                                I'll look forward to hearing from you here again next week. On the clothes thing: you might try wearing skirts (at least on special occasions) that you can wear fairly low heels with. My big problem with dresses is usually tottering around in the shoes. Not good for standing all day and hiking around the campus. But dressing up does give you a good feeling. I think it must be in a small way what actors mean when they say getting in costume gets them 1/2 way to the character.
                                This is the first place I've done any internet posting. I must admit I used to think people who hung out on sites like this were probably strange. Now I know I'm strange like them--in a good way. Seriously, there are some pretty neat people around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X