Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I agree - it did feel rushed...I

Here's another question...IF the two teams went back (which I'm not sure if they did or not because of the above), then...did they disappear after the timeline was resolved? The alternates didn't go to Ancient Egypt because there was no alternate timeline because the original team didn't go...???????
    [/SPOILER]
    That's what I thought. But then again, time travel stories give me a headache.
    As for AT, I was amazed at how much she seemed like a different person. She even walked like a geek! And I especially loved
    Spoiler:
    her little cough after Jack told her how hot she was...

Her mannerisms, her expressions - all priceless!
    Some people have said she was over the top. I agree to a certain extent, but I think that's what they were aiming at. I couldn't believe one post in the episode thread saying "AT can't do subtle"--has he been *watching* for the last 8 seasons?! we've seen plently of subtle. This just wasn't the episode for it.

Comment

The Poll for Best Carter Episode of Season 8 is up and running - don't forget to vote!
      Sky plans to take the Season 8 poll down next Friday, April 1
      ....and then we will get to vote for the all-time best Carter episode
      from amongst the top vote-getters from each season.

For Season 8, post your Carter episode highlights and comments here in our thread and I will download and archive the comments into a Season 8 summary list similar to that which we compiled for Season 7 (at the top of the previous thread page- #181).

Note: NearlyCircular and Tara3583 - I have already downloaded and archived your comments (NC's, Tara's) into the brand-new Season 8 file Question: NC... did I miss somehow goof-up and miss your comments from Season 7? If I did, my humblest apologies! - and send me the post # and I'll go back and edit your comments into the summary list posts.

------------

Here are the GW brief Season 8 episode summaries to help jog the memory
      (if your memory is anything like mine.. )

NEW ORDER, PART 1 Carter and Teal'c go in search of the Asgard to try and save Colonel O'Neill, but discover that the Asgard's enemy has returned with a vengeance. The System Lords seek an alliance with Earth against a common enemy.

NEW ORDER, PART 2 While the Goa'uld threaten to attack Earth, SG-1 and the Asgard make a last, desperate stand against the Replicators, which have captured Major Carter and invaded the last outpost of the Asgard civilization.

LOCKDOWN The S.G.C. is put under quarantine after a mysterious infection leaves a Russian officer in the infirmary -- but the disease may not be a disease at all.

ZERO HOUR General O'Neill tries to settle into his new job, but faces never-ending crises -- including the capture of SG-1 by the Goa'uld.

ICON Daniel is stranded on another planet after the team's arrival on an alien world sparks a violent civil war.

AVATAR Teal'c is trapped in a virtual reality simulation, in which he must defend the base from a Goa'uld super-soldier incursion.

AFFINITY Teal'c becomes the chief suspect in a murder investigation after he moves into an apartment off-base. Carter considers her future with Pete.

COVENANT A businessman threatens to expose the secrets of alien life to the world, forcing Stargate Command to bring him into the loop.

SACRIFICES The impending wedding of his son is the least of Teal'c's worries when the Hak'tyl plan an uprising against the Goa'uld Moloc, driving a wedge between Teal'c and Ishta.

ENDGAME The Stargate is stolen, leading SG-1 to discover that the Trust has taken control of an advanced ship in orbit. Teal'c investigates a series of wide-spread Jaffa deaths.

GEMINI A duplicate of Colonel Carter seeks help from Stargate Command in defeating the Replicator Fifth, who she claims has found a way to counter the Asgard's new weapon.

PROMETHEUS UNBOUND After the Prometheus responds to a distress call from a Goa'uld ship, Daniel Jackson finds himself a captive when Earth's ship is stolen.

IT'S GOOD TO BE KING SG-1 comes to the aid of a world about to be invaded by the Goa'uld, only to discover that the local king is Earth's Harry Maybourne.

FULL ALERT Relations between the U.S. and Russia are strained when Russian military leaders claim that the U.S. government has been compromised by the Goa'uld.

CITIZEN JOE A barber from Indiana confronts Jack O'Neill, claiming that he has been seeing visions of SG-1's missions over the last seven years.

RECKONING, PART 1 The Replicators begin a systematic attack of the Goa'uld, forcing Baal to come to Earth for help. The Jaffa Resistance risk their entire movement in an attempt to retake a holy city in Baal's domain.

RECKONING, PART 2 The fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance as Sam and Jacob search for the only weapon capable of stopping the Replicator onslaught. O'Neill leads a defense of the S.G.C., while Daniel squares off against Replicator Carter.

THREADS Daniel must once again decide whether to risk death or ascend when Oma Desala gives him a second chance. O'Neill and Carter struggle with their respective personal relationships.

MOEBIUS, PART 1 SG-1 travels back in time in a daring plan to steal a piece of Ancient technology from Ra, the powerful Goa'uld who ruled in ancient Egypt.

MOEBIUS, PART 2 With the timeline changed by SG-1's actions in the distant past, an alternate version of SG-1 must use the newly-discovered time ship to set things right.
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 26 March 2005, 11:53 AM.

Comment

It will be hard to vote on Season 8--I'll have to go back and watch my tapes. A tough job, but I guess it has to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          Question: NC... did I miss somehow goof-up and miss your comments from Season 7? If I did, my humblest apologies! - and send me the post # and I'll go back and edit your comments into the summary list posts.
          Thanks for the thought, astro, but RL interfered and I didn't post comments on season 7. Besides, you all were very eloquent in your remarks, so I just sat back and enjoyed the view.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Thanks for the thought, astro, but RL interfered and I didn't post comments on season 7. Besides, you all were very eloquent in your remarks, so I just sat back and enjoyed the view. NC
            As long as I didn't goof-up... whew!
            Also... *really* enjoying your audio clips...

Comment

Keeping the Flame burning...

Comment

Season 8 Poll:
                Well, I voted for Covenant, Gemini and It's Good to be King.

Covenant: So much Sam in this episode! She had a nice thing going with Colson and plus she got to drive a really sweet sports car (though I have no idea what model, or even make it is...) AND she got fly an F-302
                Oh and Sam's now also been on National, and probably International, TV - She's famous now!

Gemini: Wow, Evil RepliCarter Sam. AT does *such* a good job at evil, its eerily good . The whole idea of the untapped, Dark Side of Sam is great and I wish they had of developed Sam's DarkSide a bit more (who knows, maybe in Season9. But then again, that's what FanFic is for )
                Great fun to see two Sam's on screen and playing off each other again. Plus we got to see RepliCarter kick some arse at the end

It's Good to be King: I voted for this because it was the first time we really got to see Carter in Command. Woohoo! She got to be snarky to Maybourne (Shes in charge now, that means she gets to do it ) and She got to work on a PuddleJumper! Was slightly dissapointed how Jack came in and stole her limelight, but oh well

And for the rest:
                New Order: Great Sam/Teal'c scene and mental Sam whumping And of course, a promotion to Lt.Col.
                Icon: Soldier Sam in command, kickin' arse as usual
                Avatar: Soldier Sam again. And she got to wield two P-90's at once Hooah!
                Endgame: Kickin more butt, this time with her hands tied behind her back lol. Go Sam!
                Reckoning: Working with Thor to fix the Replicator gun and then working with Ba'al to fix the Ancient Device. Some great Sam lines in there Oh, and RepliCarter's back too!
                Moebius: Geek!Sam made the episode

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I saw in the JM thread that Sam's reason for leaving is now purely business-related, and not personal, and that it is possible that she is in another galaxy. Interesting.

This seems good to me---Sam could be on an important mission that is relevant for the certain events that lead to her rejoining SG1. She could be learning about new technology that becomes important in later episodes when she returns. I think we need to have Sam's professional side be over-emphasized for awhile. I really liked how they handled issues in Threads, but I want to see Sam as her usual competent, brilliant self in season nine---throughout season nine! I think that now the pete thing is over, this will help tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    I think we need to have Sam's professional side be over-emphasized for awhile. I really liked how they handled issues in Threads, but I want to see Sam as her usual competent, brilliant self in season nine---throughout season nine! I think that now the pete thing is over, this will help tremendously.
                    I could not agree more - bring back the real Sam Carter. From your mouth to TPTB's ears let's hope they wake up and realize how they damaged Carter and that they use the opportunity in S9 to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Hi Everyone,

I saw in the JM thread that Sam's reason for leaving is now purely business-related, and not personal, and that it is possible that she is in another galaxy. Interesting.

This seems good to me---Sam could be on an important mission that is relevant for the certain events that lead to her rejoining SG1. She could be learning about new technology that becomes important in later episodes when she returns. I think we need to have Sam's professional side be over-emphasized for awhile. I really liked how they handled issues in Threads, but I want to see Sam as her usual competent, brilliant self in season nine---throughout season nine! I think that now the pete thing is over, this will help tremendously.
                      Yes! I saw that too And now I'm looking forward to Season9 more than ever!
                      Not to dissapoint the Shippers or anything, but I'm so glad that Sam's not off on her honeymoon (or some such) for the first part of Season9. 'On Business' sounds more like our usual Sam as chocdoc said
                      'Possibly in another Galaxy'? I doubt it'll be the Pegasus Galaxy, so maybe Sam's off working with the Asgard?

Comment

Well I've spent the past few hours going over music videos that I've managed to collect over the past six months on my computer and I came across two that I really liked. I'm sure most of you have already seen them, but I figured they were well worth it to repost for anyone who may have not had the chance yet.

'The Way I Am' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
                        http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/thewayiamdownload.htm
                        This is a really good Sam video, showing different sides of Sam at
                        some of her best moments.
                        *Astro has this one on her site as well*

'Accidentally In Love' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
                        http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/accidentally.htm
                        This is a really sweet behind the scenes video of Stargate.
                        I really like it because we get to see so many clips of AT just
                        being herself and she always seems so happy with a big smile.
                        She's definitely someone who enjoys giving hugs as well.

I snagged these two from Astro's website because they are also
                        very good Sam videos.

A Wonderful Sam Carter video-montage by RocketChick http://www.rocketfic.com/clips/from_my_friends_hi.mov
                        (you need QuickTime to be able to view the movie)
                        Homepage: http://www.rocketfic.com/

>>> 'Not Just Another Pretty Face' by Shima
                        http://www.shimatsuno.de/upload/PrettyFace2.wmv
                        The official video for Amanda Tapping at the German City Con (last year?)
                        First Place Winner of the Stargate 2003 Music Video Awards: Carter category
                        http://www.shimatsuno.de/Englisch/e_video.html

If anyone has any other Sam videos that you would like to share and pass on, please feel free.
                        I'm always looking for new ones.

Kat

Comment

I'm FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!! I just spent the last, what, 7,8 hours? Catching up!! Admittedly, with millions of distractiosn, but still, over 40 pages later... I unforutnately can't post anything or quote enough of the BRILLIANt discussions regarding certain eps, certain steroeptypes etc, for that would take up another 8 hours that I dont' have (sob) So..

GREEN/BLUE/ORANGE JELLO TO EVERYONE OUT THERE, I'M SO GLAD SAMANDA IS STILL GOIN STRONG!!!!!!

Originally posted by majorsal
                          ... I did it again. I read quickly through this post and then did a double take... read 'getting in' as 'sitting on'....

Sally, diving in to le gutter

Beautiful, beautiful!!! *claps* Very glad indeed you upheld the sacred gutterness in my absence Although it seems at times you were lacking the responsibilitys that I perform so well in *cough* ...

Originally posted by deepspace
                          Ok, first of all I’m not a spy. But I found wading through the extensive Gateworld calendar (yes, I know I said I would do it sometime. Well, it turns out that half past midnight tonight is sometime ) I've found a better way of locating birthdays is to check out all you guys public profiles, and so far I’ve found a few birthdays. I’ve only gone back a few pages, I’ll do a more extensive list later, so anyone not on the list, I haven’t missed you out on purpose. For now, here’s a start:

Chopingal March 15

Agent Dark October 18

Uber June 19

Kat September 2

NC December 18

Strix February 17

Dipsofjazz August 20
                          EDIT: MajorSam January 4

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          I know this will seem silly to any Canadians out there, but I was slightly amused when I was searching a Vancouver newspaper for possible info on Amanda's bundle of joy when I realized that 'Kelowna' is actually a city in Canada. I had always found the name was a bit unique, but never realized it was an actual name of a city. It's really quite beautiful as well from the pictures they have up online. I wonder if the Stargate series has helped to increase its tourism at all.

Anyway, I should probably end my OT comments and let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled discussions of Sam and I'll get back to my baby ponderings.

Sigh, my baby predictions have come and gone...and I was so sure when I woke up this morning there would be info about it because I had such a vivid dream last night that I was talking to AT about her new baby( I typically don't dream about Stargate or AT...well at least that I can remember the next morning so I found it odd that last night I did). I was so hoping it was a premonition of sorts. Oh well...hopefully soon right?

Kat
                          Haha, yes, to Canadians its VERY silly. Both of my parents grew up in Kelowna , I happen to be going there this Wednesday! First time I saw Menace I actually had to watch it over a few times after the initial "I heard wrong" leading to full on heart attack from laughing. Jonas, from Kelowna... *goes into fits of hysterics*

In addition, the other night I dreamt that she had twins... and then an 8 year old son who happened to be the younger version one of my best friends little brothers... It's weird, seems that quite a few people are dreaming of twins.. I already told you all about the dream I had of her having George and Belinda... didn't I??
                          Originally posted by ChopinGal

MajorSam have you returned from France yet?!
                          YUP!!!

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          I think that you are 100% correct, Kat! And nice photoshopping of Daniel's flag... I think MajorSam did one similar to that for the photo of AT (changing the US flag to the Canadian flag).
                          AWWW, you remembered! Felt like posting again:

Originally posted by SamFan31

Clockwise from the top: NC baby picture, RDA, AT, MajorSal, ForeverSG1's daughter Kallesta, MS, CJ, Astro on Half Dome.

Background credited to SNY at www.snyart.com although I had to resize it and it got a bit stretched. The original is much nicer.
                          AWW, thanks!! Wasn’t expecting a whole graphic just for me!! *blush* WELCOOOOOME ALL NEWBIEEEEEES

here's a funyn thing I forgot to mention... (I think... I posted it somehwere, but can't remembers ) Guess who was right behind me in the airport just after I picked up my luggage and was about to head out? Brad Wright! I looked at hime and was like "heh, that's funny, looks like Brad" "That REALLY looks like Brad.." "$^*&$ IT IS BRAD" While my beautiful Stargate pants were packed up right beside me! I should have just booked it to the bathroom and changed... but I didnt' And he was with family, going home I would presume, and I didn't want to disturb him... so no talky for me

In my absence, GREAT achievements have been....achieved!!!! THE PURPLE BEAN, for posts 3000 and 3500 are hereby awared to...

CHOPINGAL

and

ASTROGEOLOGIST!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO, CONGRATULATIONS ON KEEPIN THE FLAME ALIVE!!!

*sits back down waiting for any news of Amanda's mini-me. Geez, 10 days... and she was wanting it to be early!!!
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

If anyone has any other Sam videos that you would like to share and pass on, please feel free.
                            I'm always looking for new ones.

Kat
                            I've got one here called to the song of 'One Girl Revolution' that's not bad (hey, the tunes catchy ). I dunno where I got it from though...I think it was made by someone called Deanie ?
                            And also one to 'Pretty Woman' by Roy Orbison. The song works for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Yes! I saw that too And now I'm looking forward to Season9 more than ever!
                              Not to dissapoint the Shippers or anything, but I'm so glad that Sam's not off on her honeymoon (or some such) for the first part of Season9. 'On Business' sounds more like our usual Sam as chocdoc said
                              'Possibly in another Galaxy'? I doubt it'll be the Pegasus Galaxy, so maybe Sam's off working with the Asgard?
                              B..B..Business only???? *ÜberSG-1Fan runs off whining and screaming in despair*

Naw, just kidding. It would have been COMPLETELY out of character for her to be married to Jack so quickly. Perhaps at the end of Season 22 after they actually have their first date...

I think the whole solely on business thing makes a lot of sense...
                              Spoiler:
                              my best guess is that she's probably going to be on the Daedalus to assist the Atlantis team... which I think should be pretty neat if I'm right.

Man, wouldn't McKay have a fit if he saw her??? Heaven only knows how much more he carries a torch for her after so long in the Pegasus galaxy (per Letters from Pegasus). I'm curious...what if Ford didn't remove any of Rodney's declaration of love for Sam? And what if she saw it??? I get a kick just thinking about the possibility of how she'd respond to Rodney's crush on her with him not knowing she saw his whole schpiel about his feelings for her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So I take MajorSam is ready to take up her presidential duties again now? Just umm, dont go into your office untill we've had a chance to clean up...
                                Welcome back Madame President

Comment

Working...
                                X