Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Great job of photoshopping, Uber! What were they filming in this shot?
    Yup. Agent Dark is correcto mundo...

Here's the next one.... I edited Sam OUT of the part of the shot she was originally in and edited her IN wearing something different....

WHERE'S SAM?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      It's from Wormhole X-treme. You can see the WX team in the lower left corner
      Ah, yes! Wow - you have good eyes, AgentD!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Yup. Agent Dark is correcto mundo...

Here's the next one.... I edited Sam OUT of the part of the shot she was originally in and edited her IN wearing something different....

WHERE'S SAM?

Is she standing to right of the spear-holder (upper left of gate, around 11:00)?

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          Is she standing to right of the spear-holder (upper left of gate, around 11:00)?
          Yup! (although I THINK it's a staff weapon, not a spear... )

Way to go!!!

Agent Dark? Foreversg1? I know you both can edit photos as can many others here...wanna play too????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Way to go!!!

Agent Dark? Foreversg1? I know you both can edit photos as can many others here...wanna play too????
            Geez...I knew that! Newbies get nervous when they post...

Comment

major spoilers for MOEBIUS

Spoiler:
              So, Moebius 2 has aired. I am pretty happy with how it ended. While nothing will stop me from watching season9, I do feel that season8 really was the end of Stargate SG1 as we’ve always known it, so yeah, I do feel like Moebius was really the final.
              I think part 2 of Moebius was better than part 1, maybe because there was more offworld scenes. I loved the little Ancient Gateship. It is such a great shape, and so unusual in comparison to most sci-fi ships. And it flies nicely.
              While I think Amanda did some really skilled acting in this, I still wish both AU Sam and AU Daniel had been a little less overdone. And I found the way they dressed Sam to be really frumpy (someone else used a similar description earlier). Both she and Daniel were dressed kind of… old fashioned? Watching AU Sam for two episodes made me really miss our real Sam. I mean really miss. I think the differences in realities could have been a bit more subtle (yes, I know, I use that word too much). I mean, I know that none of them ended up in Stargate Command because Ra took the gate away from Giza, but still, how can that along with parking a spaceship in Ancient Egypt really change that much. Sure, they aren’t working for the SGC, but I don’t see how this new alternate reality could have changed their whole personalities and lives so much. I would have thought if anything that if Sam had not been introduced to the Stargate project (in the other AU’s she still worked for the SGC, only as a Dr instead of as military), then she might have become an astronaut or something. After all, the AU Jack wasn’t all that different, at least not really in personality. And Teal’c, he was almost identical except that it took him a longer period of time to rebel against his God.
              There were however a lot of funny bits, and overall it was kind of interesting to have an alternate reality very much different from the ones we’ve seen before. I really liked the desert scenes, with all the people waving zats and weapons on the ridge of the dune, and it was kind of good how they had the real Daniel survive, considering the AU one got killed. I liked the way they ended it, back to a similar but not exact reality. I was wondering how many things this could open up for season9. I mean, afterall, if they are only just going fishing, then what if in this reality…
              … there was no episode where Janet died
              … there was no fight with the replicators, and Replicarter never died
              …Selmak never slipped into a coma and Jacob never died
              The question I’m asking is: if Teal’c can turn up at Jack’s pond wearing a different coloured jacket, then how much else could be different…
              I know I’m clutching at straws, and these are things that are unlikely ever to be changed, but the point is, the reality that Moebius 2 ended with was very close, but it was not the same reality as the one before the real SG1 travelled back in time.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I’ve been watching season7 DVD’s recently. I think I have to agree with AstroG on this, Sam’s hair in season7 really did have the electrocuted look. I think in season8 she had it tucked behind here ears more. I generally like her hair throughout all the early seasons, but her season7 hair did make her look a little more tired and older. I am just generally not a fan of frizzy spiky stick out all over the place hair. She still looks great though.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Um, I am actually in awe of your photoediting skills... mine do not come close...I'm still patting myself on the back for writing Chopingal's name on Cassandra's cake! - and that's nowhere near the effects that you are creating.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Great eyes SamFan31!

Comment

I was looking over the photo galleries on season 7 disk 5 today and found a couple of shots that I thought were very interesting. One reason was because they showed our mighty heroine in action and another because the scenes of her were cut from the actual episode Lost City.

In the first picture, Sam is the one on the right. During their entire run back to the gate, Sam is running backwards covering the guy's back.

Most of what we see of our team during this scene is picture 2 where Teal'c and Daniel are carrying Jack back to the gate. Sam is still in the background covering them.

Pictures 2 and 3 are found in the picture gallery, but they aren't actually in the scene. All we actually see of Sam is the very last picture. A tiny, blurry movement of Sam shooting at the enemy behind Jack as he's falling.

I found it really cool to find these pictures and see how much Sam and
                      AT were doing even though her shots never made it past editing.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        major spoilers for MOEBIUS

Spoiler:
                        So, Moebius 2 has aired. I am pretty happy with how it ended. While nothing will stop me from watching season9, I do feel that season8 really was the end of Stargate SG1 as we’ve always known it, so yeah, I do feel like Moebius was really the final.
                        I think part 2 of Moebius was better than part 1, maybe because there was more offworld scenes. I loved the little Ancient Gateship. It is such a great shape, and so unusual in comparison to most sci-fi ships. And it flies nicely.
                        While I think Amanda did some really skilled acting in this, I still wish both AU Sam and AU Daniel had been a little less overdone. And I found the way they dressed Sam to be really frumpy (someone else used a similar description earlier). Both she and Daniel were dressed kind of… old fashioned? Watching AU Sam for two episodes made me really miss our real Sam. I mean really miss. I think the differences in realities could have been a bit more subtle (yes, I know, I use that word too much). I mean, I know that none of them ended up in Stargate Command because Ra took the gate away from Giza, but still, how can that along with parking a spaceship in Ancient Egypt really change that much. Sure, they aren’t working for the SGC, but I don’t see how this new alternate reality could have changed their whole personalities and lives so much. I would have thought if anything that if Sam had not been introduced to the Stargate project (in the other AU’s she still worked for the SGC, only as a Dr instead of as military), then she might have become an astronaut or something. After all, the AU Jack wasn’t all that different, at least not really in personality. And Teal’c, he was almost identical except that it took him a longer period of time to rebel against his God.
                        There were however a lot of funny bits, and overall it was kind of interesting to have an alternate reality very much different from the ones we’ve seen before. I really liked the desert scenes, with all the people waving zats and weapons on the ridge of the dune, and it was kind of good how they had the real Daniel survive, considering the AU one got killed. I liked the way they ended it, back to a similar but not exact reality. I was wondering how many things this could open up for season9. I mean, afterall, if they are only just going fishing, then what if in this reality…
                        … there was no episode where Janet died
                        … there was no fight with the replicators, and Replicarter never died
                        …Selmak never slipped into a coma and Jacob never died
                        The question I’m asking is: if Teal’c can turn up at Jack’s pond wearing a different coloured jacket, then how much else could be different…
                        I know I’m clutching at straws, and these are things that are unlikely ever to be changed, but the point is, the reality that Moebius 2 ended with was very close, but it was not the same reality as the one before the real SG1 travelled back in time.
                        Great post, deepspace! Great comments and I agree with you completely!
                        Spoiler:
                        I think they overdid it with the GeekySam and GeekyDaniel... it's over the top, but I feel like I have to give the actors and writers some leeway to cut loose and have some fun... the whole thing sort of reminds me of a Saturday Night Live take on Stargate SG-1, however...

As for Jack's personality or such being very different - that's where I think they 'missed the boat' to have some fun with Jack O'Neill's character. I would have loved to have seen a Jack O'Neill who was a prissy-by-the-book armchair-soldier... someone who'd never had the chance to serve in real combat, but had risen through the ranks because he always followed the rules and played the 'good little soldier' - that could have been hilarious as a juxtaposition against the Jack O'Neill that we have all seen over the past 8 years.... Or how about a Jack O'Neill... who became a car salesman... or just something different than we would expect...

And, as for your comments about how they ended it...not back in our reality.. I don't know how to take that... Lots of the fans seem to be OK with it... It would seem to me that it's *not* OK to have screwed up the timeline and then leave it 'almost back to where it should be'... and it *does* beg the question of just what are the ramifications of it not quite being back to where it was...?

I also read somewhere, on another thread, that Joe Mallozi (in his thread) has said that it wasn't even our original SG-1 in the opening scenes of Moebius... that the timeline was already screwed up and we were already looking at an 'alternate version' of SG-1. So... how far back did the screw up happen?

Well, I've gone on and on here, but I really liked you post Deepspace (so this long post is your fault ).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          I was looking over the photo galleries on season 7 disk 5 today and found a couple of shots that I thought were very interesting. One reason was because they showed our mighty heroine in action and another because the scenes of her were cut from the actual episode Lost City.

In the first picture, Sam is the one on the right. During their entire run back to the gate, Sam is running backwards covering the guy's back.

Most of what we see of our team during this scene is picture 2 where Teal'c and Daniel are carrying Jack back to the gate. Sam is still in the background covering them.

Pictures 2 and 3 are found in the picture gallery, but they aren't actually in the scene. All we actually see of Sam is the very last picture. A tiny, blurry movement of Sam shooting at the enemy behind Jack as he's falling.

I found it really cool to find these pictures and see how much Sam and
                          AT were doing even though her shots never made it past editing.

Kat
                          Great pic panel, Kat! I just added it to the end of your comments for Lost City (in the Season 7 Summary comments which will get posted in a few days).

Comment

Here's a little Sam-fic I just ran across... thought Sky, in particular, might like it (if she hasn't already read it)
                            Stranded

Comment

Way to go!!!

lol, yeah but unfortunetly I don't have a DVD drive for my PC. I dunno why, just never got around to getting one. So it makes grabbing screencaps abit harder, because I have to search for 'em on the web

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                lol, yeah but unfortunetly I don't have a DVD drive for my PC. I dunno why, just never got around to getting one. So it makes grabbing screencaps abit harder, because I have to search for 'em on the web
                                Aw - tis a shame...but at least Kat can participate (if she wants to)

WHERE'S SAM???

Comment

Working...
                                X