Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    LOL I do too! I think it was intentional.

Now, missy, you are really on a roll with your photoshop manipulations ... very strategic placement of the Maple Leaf! Oh, Canada!!

Suggestion: if you move AT's shot to far right, she will be "looking at" Daniel! And probably singing "Oh say can you see ..."
    LMAO!! Too too funny!!

Comment

Welcome, Nikkirose ... Strix has already mentioned one of AT's comedic role models, Lucille Ball. Another is Carol Burnett.

However, in Moebius, I kept seeing some Molly Shannon creep in ... the facial and hand gestures and body language ... Amanda must have loved reading a script like this which let her cut loose and show a face we rarely get to see with serious, scientist Sam.
      LOL, everytime I watch this episode I see AT do a new little gesture that is hysterically funny.
      Spoiler:

In the scene where General Hammond wants them to sign the disclosure agreement...watch Sam before she goes to sit down. She does this little leg cross bit and then a little hop/skip thing towards the table.

I also really love how AT plays Sam's embarrassment up when she's explaining to Daniel what she does for a living. This scene is so funny. My son and I sit and watch it over and over. We giggle out loud everytime Sam does.

DANIEL: Hi.
      CARTER: Hi.
      DANIEL (offering his hand for her to shake): Doctor Daniel Jackson.
      CARTER (shaking his hand): Doctor Samantha Carter.
      DANIEL: Oh! Uh, PhD.
      CARTER: Oh, me too. Astrophysics.
      DANIEL: Oh, Egyptology.
      CARTER: You wouldn’t happen to know why we’re here?
      DANIEL: No. (He laughs.) Five thousand years ago, maybe, but, uh, now, no. I was kinda hoping you did.
      CARTER: Sorry.
      (They look around the room awkwardly for a few moments.)
      DANIEL: I teach English as a second language.
      CARTER: Department of Aerospace.
      DANIEL: Oh!
      CARTER: Oh, not as an astronaut. (She giggles nervously.) No, I, uh, I check other people’s scientific reports for factual errors or omissions before they get sent up to the Director. I especially love this part...her giggle is so infectious
      DANIEL: That’s ... interesting.
      CARTER: Yeah. (Then she shakes her head.) Not really.

I can't wait till Friday to see the second part.
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

... OK, and I just have to say it ... I like her hair in the pics you got from Moebius.... that is, I like it a *lot* better than the hair our Sam had in Season 7! I have posted screen caps from Death Knell and Grace, but have had a hard time getting screen caps that I like from the other episodes... because I really don't like the spent-a-week-in-a-desert-sandstorm-and-then-just-got-electrocuted-hairstyle. I don't think this hairstyle looks good on anyone... poor Uma Thurman, too! I know it's 'all the rave'... I know it's the latest 'style'... but it's the first hairstyle that I think makes Sam/AT look tired (and older).

Many folks have commented on Sam's hair throughout the thread as we've discussed episodes throughout the various seasons.... and I have refrained from commenting, because I liked just about every hairstyle Sam/AT had over the years. And when we played our screen-cap 'Guess The Episode' game, I was surprised when folks were narrowing down the seasons based on the hairstyle... I, um, didn't know the hairstyles-to-seasons well enough to do that.

I liked it when it was really short, but I liked it when it was a bit longer in Seasons 1 and 2 as well. I've always thought it looked best when it was cut well and then fell naturally and yet didn't get in her face (she's a soldier)... but this deliberately-sticking-out-all-over-style leaves me wincing. I also think that the hairstyle of Season 7 will 'date' the show when folks watch reruns 5-10 years from now. Kind of like the beehive hairdos and mini-skirts really date the original Star Trek series.

OK, there... I said it... (and I've proven just how shallow I can be) ...
        Astro, I am so LOL and, after my week from hell with a malfunctioning PC, I needed a good laugh! Is this really YOU?!

I'll play your silly, shallow game and say that I loved Sam's hair in S4 around the time she was making Small Victories ... I thought it was so soft and stylish in a very natural, breezy kind of way. However, Amanda is so beautiful and photogenic that she even looks good in the black special-ops cap pulled down over her ears!

I'm thinking she has a lot of tomboy in her and doesn't give a hoot most of the time of how her hair is styled. Although, when she hosted the WIFV Awards Ceremony, she did make some self-deprecatory comments about her hair that got the audience laughing. I also think it's very hard for her to watch herself, especially in closeups, from some of the audio commentary remarks she has made. I think she's a bit shy and even embarrassed at times (which makes her even more endearing).

I can so relate to not being really good or clever at styling hair. In fact, when I had my first baby and the doctor said "It's a girl!", I honest-to-God replied: "Who'll do her hair?!"

I hope Amanda has something more profound to say at her first baby's arrival!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 March 2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Best Carter Episode:
          Grace without a doubt. In fact best Carter and one of the best Stargate episodes ever

Kick Arse Carter Scene:
          Emancipation, the knife fight with the Shavadai
          FIAD, Sam and AT-4 = Dead Jaffa Staff Emplacement
          Endgame, Takes down the bad guy with her hands tied behind her back
          The Warrior, She's a bloody good shot with that P-90

Best AT Acting Episode:
          Heroes, Great range of emotions from AT.
          Gemini, AT plays evil sooo good
          Jolinars Memories/TDYK, Especially her flashbacks. But the whole thing was great.
          Moebius, Geek!Sam - lol
          Grace, I'd say one of her best performances yet

Best AT Acting Scene:

Singularity, The elevator when she refuses to leave Cassie
          In the Line of Duty, Scene at the end with Cassie. (and any scene where they Goa-uld AT's voice. She sounds pretty cool like that )

Character Development:
          In the Line of Duty
          The Tokra
          Grace

Carter Humor:
          Moebius, Any scene with Geek!Sam
          Urgo, Walking down the hallway and Sam tells Urgo off for being rude
          Ascension, When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house - "I can understand why you might have assumed I didn't have plans..." rofl!

Best Carter Lines:

Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week...
          You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbours did you?
          Ummm, how about anytime she speaks?

AT Adlib:
          Uh, I'm not sure if some of these are actually adlibs though...
          Took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver one of these...
          Maybourne, you're an idiot...

Sam Whumping:
          New Order, Fifth mentally torturing her.
          Jolinars Memories/TDYK, The pain stick, and Aphosis

Sam/Teal'c (lol):
          New Order, in the cargo ship on the way to the Asgard
          Paradise Lost, in the locker room
          A Matter of Time, When Sam's trying to figure the solution to the black hole problem.

Contribution:
          Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair, Season1 ender, Season2 opener. Great all-round team action.
          Icon, leading the assualt on the rebel held bunker.
          Oooh great choices!! Hmm, guess I should get off my duff and get to work on this thing. Hopefully Ill have my posted by tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            LOL, everytime I watch this episode I see AT do a new little gesture that is hysterically funny.
            Spoiler:

In the scene where General Hammond wants them to sign the disclosure agreement...watch Sam before she goes to sit down. She does this little leg cross bit and then a little hop/skip thing towards the table.
            Spoiler:
            And, then, when she sits down and listens to Hammond and Daniel hesitates and she grabs the pen and quickly signs on the dotted line - so funny!

I can't wait till Friday to see the second part.
            Kat
            It is fun to rewatch a lot of the comic episodes like Avenger 2.0 and now Moebius I to keep seeing things you didn't see before. I can't believe that I will not be seeing Moebius II this Friday as I'm traveling to my daughter's for the holiday weekend and they (and their neighbors) don't have cable!

Spoiler:

This is killing me because I'm a Sam/Jack shipper too and this final episode has some terrific moments coming up. Will have to wait now until the boxed DVD set comes out in the Fall.

Comment

It is fun to rewatch a lot of the comic episodes like Avenger 2.0 and now Moebius I to keep seeing things you didn't see before. I can't believe that I will not be seeing Moebius II this Friday as I'm traveling to my daughter's for the holiday weekend and they (and their neighbors) don't have cable!

Spoiler:

This is killing me because I'm a Sam/Jack shipper too and this final episode has some terrific moments coming up. Will have to wait now until the boxed DVD set comes out in the Fall.
              Got VCR?

Comment

Astro, I am so LOL and, after my week from hell with a malfunctioning PC, I needed a good laugh! Is this really YOU?! ...
                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                OK, and I just have to say it ... I like her hair in the pics you got from Moebius.... that is, I like it a *lot* better than the hair our Sam had in Season 7! I have posted screen caps from Death Knell and Grace, but have had a hard time getting screen caps that I like from the other episodes... because I really don't like the spent-a-week-in-a-desert-sandstorm-and-then-just-got-electrocuted-hairstyle. I don't think this hairstyle looks good on anyone... poor Uma Thurman, too! I know it's 'all the rave'... I know it's the latest 'style'... but it's the first hairstyle that I think makes Sam/AT look tired (and older). ....OK, there... I said it... (and I've proven just how shallow I can be) ...
                However, Amanda is so beautiful and photogenic that she even looks good in the black special-ops cap pulled down over her ears!
                I agree... and keep thinking about when AT laughingly commented something along the lines of 'How to deal with The Hair - jam a hat on it!'.. (that was in some DVD episode commentary when she was wearing a standard green 'baseball' type of BDU hat)....!
                Originally posted by chopingal
                I can't believe that I will not be seeing Moebius II this Friday as I'm traveling to my daughter's for the holiday weekend and they (and their neighbors) don't have cable!
                Spoiler:
                I see that AgentDark has asked the question that I was going to ask... do you have a VCR?
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 22 March 2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

... My question = how come it's so nice here, and everytime I get curious about what's outside, I find something nasty?
                  Dearest Little Royal Page

It's the beans. I have noticed that folks on other threads have had a tendency to stay away from our fair kingdom of Samanda. I have actually heard them saying: "they're full of beans!"

Methinks this keeps the thundering crowd out. Beans can do that you know. Consumed in the right quantity and consistency, our royal beans can supply our own thunder. What need we of the clamoring masses outside the Gate?

Let me congratulate you in surviving the assault upon your royal PC. I, too, had been seriously put upon this past week in my dealings with the lords of the underworld of computer diagnosis and repair. These system lords live galaxies away and speak in a foreign tongue. And, yet, I was forced to have contact with them in order to negotiate the delivery of a refurbished communication device so that I could return to the everyday happenings of Samanda.

Indeed, the wonderful Samandan posts have been multiplying like rabbits.

May I remind the Royal Census Taker that we shall soon have a tiny new resident of Samanda at which point the Royal Nanny will have to produce an image of a cake. We must have cake! Hopefully, Madam President will have returned from her trip abroad in time for the royal birth.

Cordially,

Royal Jester

Comment

Dearest Little Royal Page
                    It's the beans....
                    ROTLOL! Tried to rep you Jester, but it won't let me give it to you again so soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Got VCR?
                      Of course, our Head of Security would think about a thoughtful solution to my problem! Yes, I have been taping the last four episodes but have never set a timed-program on my TV ... not sure I can ... guess I'll have to see if I could do this. I just survived another PC crash (I'm prone) and will have to now see if I can pre-set a timer and leave the tape in. As you can tell, your royal jester is not a Sam Carter when it comes to mechanical/electronic devices.

Don't want to tie up the thread with OT, but would appreciate any PMs or emails if you want to give me some more advice! Thanks, guys!

Actually, one of you has just repped a message saying that you are "tivoing" the episode and would share a copy with me. Is "tivoing" something like "tiptoeing through the tulips"?! You didn't sign your name - let me know how your tivo can arrive as a demo at my domo!! I'm interested.
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 March 2005, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Guess this Episode or Add a Caption:
                        Omigod, who let the 500 lb Gorilla out of his cage?!!

Comment

Okay, so, I was fairly certain that Lucille Ball did the fish-face/mouth thing sort of like AT in Moebius... think there's an influence there?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Okay, so, I was fairly certain that Lucille Ball did the fish-face/mouth thing sort of like AT in Moebius... think there's an influence there?

Great pix, Strix! (sorry, I couldn't resist the rhyme ) I knew just what you meant earlier when you said there were resemblances and you've captured it.

NC

Comment

Welcome, Nikkirose ... Strix has already mentioned one of AT's comedic role models, Lucille Ball. Another is Carol Burnett.

However, in Moebius, I kept seeing some Molly Shannon creep in ... the facial and hand gestures and body language ... Amanda must have loved reading a script like this which let her cut loose and show a face we rarely get to see with serious, scientist Sam.
                              I was also reminded of Gilda Radner on Saturday Night Live as Lisa Lubner. I kept waiting for AT to snort.

NC

Comment

Guess the episode.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

Clip 4

Clip 5

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X