Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    Hey Kat! Now I see what you were doing. Wow! How do you get the edges of photos to blur into each other?
    I'll answer that one (if she won't that is)

It's called the magic of Photoshop layer masking - I don't know how to do any kind of photomanip or montage without using at the very least gradiated layer masks...

(Whoops, did I give away too much, Kat?)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey Kat! Now I see what you were doing. Wow! How do you get the edges of photos to blur into each other?
      Hmm, I've changed this darn picture three times now since I've put it up on this thread. But I do what Sky said above and I also mask the pictures on some so they I can bleed the background photo through with some of the pictures. One of these days I'll get good enough to actually like my own work. There are some really great photo manipulators out there out there on the web who do magnificient jobs.

Hey does photoshop come with all those cool text formats Sky?? Or did you have to import them in?? My software has lousy text formats to play with

Comment

Gee, your pictures are so professional skydiver! Amazing. I particularly like "You'll think of something". You did a much better job of using that picture of Sam with the ZPM than I did. Good stuff on your page.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

here is something I did for all of you at Samanda
          Thanks for the picture DS! I love seeing other people's work. It always helps to get me into a creative mood. Unfortunately, I tend to ignore my kids WAY too much once I'm IN that mood. ROFL

I made my daughter dinner tonight and told her it would be five minutes for it to cool and 45 mins later I realized it was still sitting on the cabinet. Arg! I know, very bad mommy

Kat

Edit: OooOOooOO Sky can do all the cool things I'm still learning how to figure out! Sigh, I should check out Photoshop I think it does much more interesting things than my software can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Waaay cool, Kat!
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Hey does photoshop come with all those cool text formats Sky?? Or did you have to import them in?? My software has lousy text formats to play with
              photoshop comes with a lot of fonts, but you can also intall pretty much any true type font and use it.

there are TONS of free fonts out there...i have a disc at work with hundreds of them, you just can't install them all, it massivly slows down your puter if you do

you know, sometimes it is literally the font that makes the wall/icon. there are lots of quirky ones out there and they can convay the mood perfectly
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Noteworthy Sam moments in non Sam-centric episodes (Season 7)

Homecoming: She pulls the ambassador down when the firefight starts in the storeroom. Our Sam--always looking out for the civilians. And she holds her own in the fight with Jaffa later & tackles the Jaffa leader. Good one Sam!

Orpheus: Sam talking about the SF movie she's seen where they act completely unrealistically. "What was their weakness? Water." I love her tone and expression on that "Water."

Revisions: She almost loses her temper arguing with the scientist about the computer link. She is so frustrated!
                Great comments about the non-Sam-centric episodes, Jckfan55! I have dutifully downloaded them and added them to the Season 7 summary list!
                Great image of Sam with a ZPM, deepspace!
                Originally posted by Skydiver
                WOW! Beautiful wallpapers, Sky! You folks are all blowing me away with your photoshopping forte!

Comment

it was pure dumb luck that that one worked out. i was going ot use a different pic for 'you'll think' but picked that one instead

i've been dinking with photoshop for years....i think i first used version 4 or 5 and they're up to 8 now. I'm nowhere near a pro on it, i know others that do so much more than i do

half the fun of new promo pics is making new walls/icons

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                    Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Okay here's a new SAM game (if you all want to play):
                    List the episodes where:
                    - Sam loses her temper
                    - Sam referred to Jack by his first name
                    - Sam kisses or is kissed by someone (romantically or otherwise)
                    - Sam eats blue jello (or also, Sam eats something other than blue jello)
                    - Sam blows something up with a Naquadah bomb
                    - Sam loses her temper
                    Foothold
                    SAM: "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have taken at least one day off!"

- Sam referred to Jack by his first name
                    Solitudes
                    I'm here, Jack.

- Sam kisses or is kissed by someone (romantically or otherwise
                    Enigma Narim
                    Grace Jack

or also, Sam eats something other than blue jello
                    Those little yellow Star Trek squares

- Sam blows something up with a Naquadah bomb
                    CHAIN REACTION, against her warnings.
                    Great post - and great sig pic, Terrah! Welcome aboard the SaGC!
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 March 2005, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

And this one may be a bit of a trick question (because I can only think of 1 instance) - name the episodes where Sam addresses General Hammond as something other than General, General Hammond or Sir...)
                      In the DVD set, for Foothold ... end of episode ... Sam modulating the frequency and setting it up in the lab ... the Hammond alien comes in and swats her across the room ... on my DVD, something very interesting happens ... I think, right before she takes the hit from Hammond, listen carefully: doesn't she say "Colonel" as she's taken by surprise, rather than "General"? Isn't that a mistake they never edited out - maybe because AT had to take a hard fall and they didn't want to reshoot the scene?

Anyone hear this or am I sound-hallucinating?!

CG aka the Birthday Girl (who will post a response to all of you later on this thread about how wonderful you've made her feel in reading all of today's warm wishes and teasing humour)

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Great post - and great sig pic, Terrah! Welcome aboard the SaGC!
                        Hmm. I'm noticing I'm the only one so far coming up with ideas for my little game...I'm starting to feel a little unloved, as though I accidentally turned a corner and have ended up in a deep dark alley somewhere in the great Monarchy of Samanda....

But I will progress with my game. By myself. With no one coming up with questions on their own.

- Provide examples from and name the episodes where Sam gets flustered, either professionally or personally.
                        Last edited by Uber; 15 March 2005, 05:52 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          More birthday wishes for ChopinGal!!

(thanks for the picture, astrog)

Make a wish! And for the rest of you, help yourself.

She's how old?

NC
                          I just had dinner with my best friend and they didn't serve any high-octane blue jello in this restaurant so had to settle for one glass of white wine ... still, I am oh so tempted to reveal my true age ... but ... not quite sure if I should ....

Comment

Hmm. I'm noticing I'm the only one so far coming up with ideas for my little game...I'm starting to feel a little unloved, as though I turned a corner and have accidentally ended up in a deep dark alley somewhere in the great Monarchy of Samanda....

But I will progress with my game. By myself. With no one coming up with questions on their own.

- Provide examples from and name the episodes where Sam gets flustered, either professionally or personally.
                            lol, maybe we all prefer to play rather than referee

Ascension - Where she tries to convince O'Neill that she's not tense.
                            Lost City - Where shes driving around and just 'happens' to end up at O'Neill's house.

Umm theres probably a heap more, but can't think of any atm...

Comment

sorry, i'm swamped right now. i'm working a conference and am away from the puter all day

Redemption - when she KNOWS that rod's plan won't work...but has to try it

revelation - when jack refuses to talk to her about daniel

new order - more flustered. when jack's talking to them about his choices and sam says 'we could get someone worse....ok that didn't come out right'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                sorry, i'm swamped right now. i'm working a conference and am away from the puter all day

Redemption - when she KNOWS that rod's plan won't work...but has to try it

revelation - when jack refuses to talk to her about daniel

new order - more flustered. when jack's talking to them about his choices and sam says 'we could get someone worse....ok that didn't come out right'
                                How about in Prodigy, when she arrives on the scene with Hailey and there's a problem. O'Neill asks for her opinion and she offers something up feebly and explains it away by saying something to the extent of "give me a break I just got here..."

Comment

Working...
                                X