Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    can I ask what it's for? Kat is in a Sam Torture mood?
    LoL, I'm making a present for ChopinGal for her birthday

...and thank you thank you thank you ASTRO! One down...one to go.

Hmm, can ya'll think of any other ways she's been tortured?? I know this sounds really weird but I'm sure you'll like my finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay here's a new SAM game (if you all want to play):

List the episodes where:
      Sam loses her temper
      Foothold: she told Maybourne off with some of the best 'tell 'em off lines' I think I've ever heard: "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

48 Hours: she got pissed off and disgusted with McKay... and told him to 'Go suck a lemon'... beings that he said he was deathly allergic to citrus and all. .. and he'd made abrasive comments about the lemon chicken...

- she got angry and disgusted with Jack when he wouldn't talk about Daniel's death
      - and she told Teal'c not to give her any of the 'way of the warrior crap'

Chain Reaction: she told off the General when she found out that they had been withholding information from her... and then she simply walked out on him at the end, refusing to even acknowledge his apology

Paradise Lost: she got pissed and cranky with Dr. Lee in Paradise Lost

Heroes: she told off the videographer as he accosted her in the hallway after Janet was killed in Heroes.

Sam kisses or is kissed by someone (romantically or otherwise)
      Enigma - Narim
      Redemption - McKay (peck on cheek)
      Chimera - Pete
      Death Knell - Jacob
      WoO, Grace, Moebius - Jack
      Sam eats blue jello
      Urgo
      48 Hours
      Proving Ground
      Moebius
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 March 2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Hmm, can ya'll think of any other ways she's been tortured?? I know this sounds really weird but I'm sure you'll like my finished product.

Comment

I need everyone's help... I need to find some episodes where Sam is being tortured with either a pain stick or a ribbon device. I'm drawing a blank on episode names for some reason and I REALLY need to find a picture.

Kat
          YEEEHAWWW!!! This sounds like a job for.... DA DA DA DAAAAA ....

....The Royal Photographer!!!

From INTO THE FIRE:

Our poor Sammie meets up with a fairly perturbed Hathor, who warms up her ribbon of agony and zaps our intrepid heroine in the head. Fortunately, Jackcicle comes to the rescue...but not in time to help our beloved queen, who's temporarily down for the count.

Now if I weren't so freakin' busy with work stuff, I'd do more...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay here's a new SAM game (if you all want to play):

List the episodes where:

- Sam loses her temper

- Sam referred to Jack by his first name

- Sam kisses or is kissed by someone (romantically or otherwise)

- Sam eats blue jello (or also, Sam eats something other than blue jello)

- Sam blows something up with a Naquadah bomb

Feel free to use any multimedia tools such as graphics or sound or whatever! And come up with some ideas of your own...

- Sam loses her temper
            Foothold
            SAM: "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have taken at least one day off!"

- Sam referred to Jack by his first name
            Solitudes
            I'm here, Jack.
            - Sam kisses or is kissed by someone (romantically or otherwise)
            Enigma Narim
            Grace Jack
            - Sam eats blue jello (or also, Sam eats something other than blue jello)
            or also, Sam eats something other than blue jello
            Those little yellow Star Trek squares
            - Sam blows something up with a Naquadah bomb
            CHAIN REACTION, against her warnings.

Comment

YEEEHAWWW!!! This sounds like a job for.... DA DA DA DAAAAA ....

....The Royal Photographer!!!

From INTO THE FIRE:

Our poor Sammie meets up with a fairly perturbed Hathor, who warms up her ribbon of agony and zaps our intrepid heroine in the head. Fortunately, Jackcicle comes to the rescue...but not in time to help our beloved queen, who's temporarily down for the count.

*Great* screencaps... and I love your 'humorous TV Guide-style synopsis...Our poor Sammie meets up with a fairly perturbed Hathor, who warms up her ribbon of agony and zaps our intrepid heroine in the head. Fortunately, Jackcicle comes to the rescue...but not in time to help our beloved queen, who's temporarily down for the count. Just ROTFL!
              Now if I weren't so freakin' busy with work stuff, I'd do more...
              Fortunately... (or unfortunately) my work presently requires that I do one or two things... then submit them to the server... and it takes so freaking long to chew on it that I get bored...and come over to the thread for a few minutes before going back to see if the lovely server has finished processing my request... so, my work *is* getting done... and it's not my fault that the SaGC is necessary amusement during server cogitation times!

Comment

sam eats blue jello
                Urgo--when SG1's taste senses are enhanced, and they go wild with all the food
                Proving Ground--when talking to Jack about the young cadets
                Moebius--
                Spoiler:
                AU Sam is eating it when talking to AU Daniel

I still have that pale blue jello block on my rep page.
                so PALE BLUE JELLO to whoever it was who gave it to me.
                BLUE everything!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Agent Dark, I think you said somewhere that you're doing uni. Can I ask what subjects
                  2nd Year of a Bachelor of IT at Monash. It's allright, but alot of boring classes to go to

can I ask what it's for? Kat is in a Sam Torture mood?
                  LoL, I'm making a present for ChopinGal for her birthday
                  Umm, that's a slightly disturbing birthday present

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    In books, there are (and have been for many years) a lot of strong, competent women who are treated as equals to the men. I guess I never thought of Sam Carter as being particularly unique in that respect.

<snipping lotsa good stuff...>

For my part, I think I latched on to Sam as one of my favorite characters (on TV or in print) because she is unique in her combination of brilliant scientist/soldier as portrayed in a modern day American woman. She's not an alien (like several of Star Trek's strong women); she's not living in the future (or some mythological past, aka Xena); and she's not living on some wildly different fictional world or universe, even if she gets to visit them on a routine basis. She literally could be "the girl next door" (part of Buffy's appeal), but, oh my, what a special person she is. I agree that AT's portrayal of the character is a huge part of Sam's appeal, but I also give a lot of credit to the writers and directors for giving AT good material to work with.

<applause>Well stated, SV.

You know, even the so-called OTT stereotyped eps - Hathor, Emancipation, the briefing room scene in COTG, are simply
                    part of the world that Sam Carter finds herself caught up in. Everything that's ever happened in the movies and on tv are true(in the SG universe); cliches are a running theme in Stargate SG-1, but it's usually Jack who comments on them.

Jack's classic (IMO) line in 2001 says it all: "Yup, just when you think you aren't in Kansas anymore, turns out you are."

To me, that's Jack saying that the universe seems held together by cliches. Sam as sex slave(Emancipation) the boys as sex slaves(Hathor) are two of the most used and abused cliches in the SF world. (And how else could AT have been able to say that she felt like she'd been in a Women Behind Bars movie? )

It was only fitting, IMO, that the PTB give a nod to those cliches at least once. Moreever, I think that they and the actors have done a good job of presenting these cliche situations in an interesting and intelligent fashion.

That, and I do so love to watch Sam kick Turghan butt.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Moebius--
                      Spoiler:

BLUE everything!
                      Are you sure it's not 'grey jello'? Cuz I have a couple of grey jello rep blocks from folks who were new to the forum -- apparently, when you're new and you rep someone, it doesn't give the 'repee' any points (good or bad), but they still get to read your comments.

Comment

Astrogeologist: Are you sure it's not 'grey jello'? Cuz I have a couple of grey jello rep blocks from folks who were new to the forum -- apparently, when you're new and you rep someone, it doesn't give the 'repee' any points (good or bad), but they still get to read your comments.
                        hmm, well I guess it could be called grey, though it's sort of blueish on my screen. Interesting though. Does this mean that rep I gave people doesn't actually do anything?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Moebius--
                          Spoiler:

BLUE everything!
                          Another one:

Name the episodes in which Sam engages in hand to hand combat...no guns!

Name the episodes where she uses weapons other than her faithful P90...

And this one may be a bit of a trick question (because I can only think of 1 instance) - name the episodes where Sam addresses General Hammond as something other than General, General Hammond or Sir...)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Another one:

And this one may be a bit of a trick question (because I can only think of 1 instance) - name the episodes where Sam addresses General Hammond as something other than General, General Hammond or Sir...)
                            Would that be "1969"?
                            sigpic

Comment

here is something I did for all of you at Samanda
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by deepspace; 15 March 2005, 02:59 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

hmm, well I guess it could be called grey, though it's sort of blueish on my screen. Interesting though. Does this mean that rep I gave people doesn't actually do anything?
                                They got your cool words of praise! And I'm sure that you've posted enough now that your reps now come with points!

Comment

Working...
                                X