• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    "I warned you not to touch my blue jello."
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sCarterfic.jpg
    LOL!

--------

Now that the Season 7 Best Carter Episode Poll is up,
    Post your Season 7comments, best Sam moments, favorite Sam lines, Sam pics, etc.

The Keeper of the Flame and Royal Archivist stands ready to download and collect all of your insightful and witty observances (and the others too )

Here are the Season 7 very brief GW summaries

FALLEN SG-1 discovers Daniel Jackson alive and living on an alien world, with no memory of who he is. The team hatches a plan to lure Anubis into a trap and destroy his new super-weapon. (Part 1 of 2)

HOMECOMING The team returns to Jonas' homeworld when they learn that the Goa'uld are after its naquadria. When Jonas is captured by Anubis, Daniel is his only hope. (Part 2 of 2)

FRAGILE BALANCE A teenage boy shows up at the S.G.C. claiming to be Jack O'Neill, sending the team on a mission to uncover his true identity.

ORPHEUS After an injury, Teal'c must put aside his self-doubt when SG-1 launches a mission to rescue his son and his mentor from a Jaffa death camp.

REVISIONS The team gates to a climate-controlled environment amidst a toxic wasteland, whose people are all linked to a central computer.

LIFEBOAT When SG-1 finds a crashed alien space ship, Daniel's mind is taken over by its disembodied passengers.

ENEMY MINE When Earth's attempts to exploit a newly-discovered naquadah mine are thwarted by a tribe of indigenous Unas, SG-1 must turn to an old friend for help.

SPACE RACE Major Carter joins an alien pilot for a space race, where the winner is awarded a lucrative contract with the planet's most powerful corporation. But the rest of the team discovers that there is more at stake than the finish line.

AVENGER 2.0 An S.G.C. scientist creates a computer virus to be used to disable enemy Stargates -- but succeeds in shutting down the entire gate network.

BIRTHRIGHT The team finds a fugitive colony of Jaffa women, who must prey on other Jaffa to acquire symbiotes.

EVOLUTION, PART 1 The team investigates an unstoppable new enemy soldier engineered by Anubis. Dr. Jackson leads a team in search of an alien device in Central America, but gets more than he bargained for. (Part 1 of 2)

EVOLUTION, PART 2 O'Neill seeks help from a former comrade to rescue Daniel and Dr. Lee, who have been kidnapped in Central America. Carter, Teal'c and Jacob infiltrate Anubis' super-soldier facility. (Part 2 of 2)

GRACE Carter is injured when the Prometheus is attacked by an unknown ship, and awakens to find herself stranded alone in deep space.

FALLOUT When the Kelownans discover that a massive underground vein of naquadah is being converted into naquadria, Jonas Quinn seeks help from Earth in avoiding the total destruction of his planet.

CHIMERA Daniel is plagued by dreams of his former girlfriend, who has been taken as a Goa'uld host. Samantha Carter begins a romantic relationship with a detective, from whom she must hide her life at Stargate Command.

DEATH KNELL Earth's secret offworld base is attacked by Anubis' forces, and Major Carter finds herself being hunted by the enemy. General Hammond and Jacob Carter make an unnerving discovery about the Earth-Tok'ra alliance.

HEROES, PART 1 A film crew arrives to document the work of the S.G.C. for eventual disclosure to the public, but finds that the base's personnel are less than eager to participate. (Part 1 of 2)

HEROES, PART 2 SG-1 is called into action while a film crew is documenting the Stargate program, but the S.G.C. comes under investigation after the mission goes terribly wrong. (Part 2 of 2)

RESURRECTION SG-1 investigates a secret N.I.D. laboratory, where a ruthless scientist has used cloning technology to create a Goa'uld-human hybrid.

INAUGURATION The newly-elected president is debriefed about the Stargate program, and Vice President Kinsey makes a new play for control of the program.

LOST CITY, PART 1 O'Neill goes to great lengths to keep the Ancients' knowledge from falling into Goa'uld hands when the team discovers a second repository. The President replaces General Hammond with a civilian diplomat. (Part 1 of 2)

LOST CITY, PART 2 Anubis begins a systematic assault on Earth, and the planet's only hope of salvation depends on whether SG-1 can find the Ancients' mythical Lost City. (Part 2 of 2)

Comment

I posted this much, much earlier in the thread (page 10),
      but now that we have moved onto discussions of Season 7 Carter moments
      (and now that we have new folks who joined the thread),
      I figured I'd repost these pics and dialogue from Heroes.
      To any and all who have more pics from Heroes - please post them!
      Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      In my opinion, one of Amanda’s best performances was in Heroes 2, when the camera crew gets in her face after she comes back from the mission. The raw emotion on her face reflects Sam’s anguish and she lets it out as anger at the camera crew. We usually don’t see Carter emotionally out of control and Amanda did a wonderful job portraying it.

EMMETT: Don't look at him we're cleared to shoot here. Just follow me.
      *rushes towards Sam* and bring that bring the sound. Major, what happened?
      SAM: Please *holds her hand up to him, she's crying*
      EMMETT: Now I know that at least one person was injured back there.
      *still moving* and all I want to say is-
      SAM: Look leave me alone and shut that damn thing off.
      *The cameraman shuts off the camera*

This was another scene where it was difficult to get stills because AT was in constant motion - and they were filming this as if from the camera crewman's shoulder - so the camera is not in synch with AT's movements... so most of the stills are blurry, fuzzy and/or have scan lines. Very effective filming for the Point Of View and effect that the director was attempting to accomplish.

Photos are screen captions from the episode 'Heroes pt. 2'
      Transcript excerpts after the website Stargate SG-1 Transcripts

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Now CG, I know you've been practicing but I can't always tell; that was a joke, right?
        Yes, and I may have laid an egg thinking it was funny!!

Comment

Throughout the time that we’ve been posting on this thread, many folks have commented favorably about the episode Death Knell and AT’s acting in that episode. As with the above post from Heroes, the following pics and dialogue were also posted much earlier in this thread (page 31), but now that we're working on the Season 7 Best Carter Episodes poll, I figured I'd repost these pics.

Hope you enjoy them!

Death Knell

The first time we get to see Carter avoiding the SuperSoldier.
          There is no dialogue - the expressions on ATs face simply *make* these scenes.
          The relief on her face as he walks away is superbly acted.

AT portrayed the wounded and exhausted soldier perfectly.

Just getting a drink of water is dangerous!

Signalling the UAV.

MacGyvering the UAV's weapons into something she can use against the SuperSoldier.
          This scene displayed Carter's technical expertise under pressure.

For me, this is one of the best AT acting scenes in the entire episode. She looks exhausted... there is no exhultation and no arrogance at having (apparently) nuetralized a SuperSoldier... AT portrays the battle-weary soldier superbly.

Love the part where she flips the weapon's special matrix crystal at Jack before he finishes asking for it. Of course, I have to be honest, I would have preferred for Jack to hand the weapon to Carter - then she snapped the crystal in and then she fired it at the SuperSoldier... I know she was exhausted, but if the episode had had Jack chased all over the planet by the SuperSoldier, Jack would have been the one written to fire the final 'kill shots' that took it down permanently.

Is it...(dead)? More excellent acting by AT here.

-----------------

The scenes with Jacob were wonderful!

I love the scenes with Sam and her Dad... Jacob is cranky and when Sam asks if he's had his coffee... he admits that Selmak doesn't like coffee...

Jacob: (Crankily) Where's the matrix crystal?
          Sam: Next to the primaries.
          Jacob: I can't find anything in here, I had a system back at the old Alpha site.
          Sam: The location of the old Alpha site was compromised when Anubis used his mind probe on Jonas. You didn't really wanna' hang around there did you?
          Jacob: I just want to be able to work as efficiently as possible. Anubis' drones are kicking the crap out of the System Lords and we're next. This prototype should have been done weeks ago.

Sam: It's done, it's just not finished.
          Jacob: Interesting distinction.
          Sam: We only got Telchak's device a month ago, I'm surprised we were able to come up with something so quickly.
          Jacob: In its current configuration, the weapon is only 70% effective at countering the reanimation technology.
          Sam: The power unit you were using hasn't been properly calibrated, this one will be better.
          Jacob: Maybe.
          Sam: Have you not had your coffee this morning?
          Jacob: Selmak doesn't like coffee.
          Sam: You gave up coffee for your symbiote? I didn't know that.

---------------

Infirmary -Sam wakes up to find Jacob sitting there.

Jacob: Howdy kid. You were asleep for a long time. You gave me quite a scare.
          Sam: I'm sorry.
          Jacob: Jack told me what happened. I'm proud of you. Look Sam, I may not be able to come around as much for the next little while.
          Sam: What do you mean?
          Jacob: Things kind of got screwed up while you were out there. The alliance is in trouble.
          Sam: I don't understand.
          Jacob: You don't need to know the details right now. Let’s just say we're going our separate ways for a while. If I stay with the Tokra, I can at least try to mend some fences.
          Sam: You sure?

Jacob: I'm not ready to give up on this just yet.
          He kisses her.
          Jacob: Don't worry, I'll be back eventually.
          Sam: I'll miss you.
          Jacob: I'll miss you too. Bye.
          ------------------
          I highly recommend the following Jacob-Sam online music video montage:

>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes'
          http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
          From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

The video is superbly crafted and wonderful to watch and enjoy.
          (It makes me cry! )

Photos are screen captures from the episode Death Knell
          Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

Since I'm posting right after you, Astro, and my green jello is locked up in the fridge ... let me just say a big thank you once again for moving us along right into S7 scenarios with your bringing forward some of the great work you did very early on this thread ... when Samanda was just a figment of MajorSam's imagination and MajorSal was just beginning to discuss what makes Sam tick.

Look how far we've come! And it's been mostly positive and upbeat and witty and thoughtful and respectful and just plain fun!!

Some of us seem concerned about Amanda's interpretation of our intentions and our posts if/when she happens to drop by and browse the thread. I think there's no need to worry. When I scroll back and start to read some of the serious and not-so-serious discussions and comments, I get the feeling that how we're interacting here would make AT feel right at home because of her own down-to-earth personality and delicious sense of humor. And the whole Court of Samanda and honour the Queen thingie ... we're playing ... isn't it a great feeling to be playing as an adult?! The real world often takes itself way too seriously; I like to know that I can drop by Samanda for a laugh or two and some friendly debate! Hope you feel the same.

On the subject of humor, Amanda once said that when people are happy and laughing, their minds are open. If that's her philosophy, then she will enjoy what we're doing here!

CG/Jester

Comment

Hello there Samandans, Im here en France!!! the flights were completely disasterous, first there was a 2 hour delay because the engines didnt work, then way later a guy had a heart attack and we had to make an emergancy stop in Iceland for a whole bunch of hours... oh well, ive been to Iceland now!! unfortunately, a lot of people im with are obvious first-time travellers, so they were NOT fun this whole time...

so we missed our connecting flight from Heathrow to Lyon, so we were waiting around for hours trying to figure out how to get all of us one another flight, because tho we were going to stay in a hotel in London the night; courtesy of the airlines, none were avaliable, plus no flights had empty spots the next day. we had no idea were our luggage was...we ended up getting all of us on the last flight that nite, which was then delayed a few hours, and then some more, ended up getting onthe plane at 10 something, leaving i dont remember when... then we found our luggage. well, three of us are actually still luggageless... but thats being sotrted out... hopefully... well anyways, then we had the 2 hour bus ride to Moutiers, where the people we were all staying with picked us up, at 3am, and we all went off to our places. This morning my one friend and i went up La Plagne, a famous ski resort, for a brilliant french lunch, then they taught us how to snowboard!!! I can officially say I learnt how to snowboard in the French alps just checking e,ails and such now, then probably going to watch a movie, then tonite were off clubbing!!! ill make sure to pick up some hot french guys for aaaall of you

Ok, this keyboard is ROYALLY messed up... completely different than Canadian ones, so im going to sign off now, Ill hopefully have some more time in a few days with some more adventures to share!

MSam en France.

(I cant wait to come on later and see headline *Tapping has girl!!* or some such )
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Okay, I did my Samandan civic duty and voted for S7!

Grace was such a wonderful showcase for Amanda's talent ... she took us on a trip into her mind and we watched as she fought to make sense of what was really happening to her. Sam Carter's defenses started to peel away like the hull of the Prometheus ... and, once her defenses were down, she was forced to look at some painful personal issues. The scene with Jacob was the high point of the show. How believable and poignant she made that encounter look.

Death Knell was what we all want to see more of: soldier Sam in the field using her mind and will to keep going against some heavy odds. I think this may be one of AT's favorite episodes too for the same reasons ... she got to look and act like a real soldier under fire!

Heroes Pt 2 was an ensemble episode but Sam almost losing Jack and then losing Janet on the battlefield brought her to a new level of angst. Powerful scenes throughout but one of my favorites was Teal'c coming into Sam's lab and sharing her sadness and pain, embracing her, and then helping her, almost shyly, by providing a written note which became the eulogy she was to deliver. Sam lost Janet, but I think she reached a new level of friendship with Teal'c in this episode.

Comment

Let's see if i can type this better than last time. fumble fingers

FALLEN I love the sam/daniel bits. 'are we involved?' 'no' it was cute and a nice break from the trauma of naked daniel

HOMECOMING sam and jack in the death glider/x-302. nice fighter pilot bits

FRAGILE BALANCE hehehe, in the beginning she did such a good job of trying to ball out the 'impersonator'. 'do you know how seriuos this is? impersonating an officer?'

ORPHEUS sam's heart break when she has to stay in the camp and listen to teal'c getting tortured. and then her and daniel taking on the ship, blowing up the hatak ship.

REVISIONS mmhm, well i did like her and the alien dude, trying to figure things out. notice how she always tries to build a report with whomever they come across?

LIFEBOAT i only watched this one once, but i seem to recall sam and daniel working to try and solve the mystery to fix daniel

ENEMY MINE well, sam's 20 seconds were my favorite part.

SPACE RACE LOL adrenaline junkie. yes, the announcers were majorly cheesy but i loved seeing sam work with warwick. it was a nice continuation from forsaken and it was fun to see her basically finagling her way to having fun

AVENGER 2.0 yes, felger is annoying, but he and sam play well together. i loved her balancing between encouraging/helping him and trying to rein him in. and the ending was great. 'think bolivia'

BIRTHRIGHT i liked this one and for once, we had an amazon type episode that isn't so odd and over the top. sam had a good relationship with mala and really felt for her when she died.

EVOLUTION, i really enjoyed this one. a nice mix of adventure and fun. sam trying to command her dad, bratac and tealc...yeah, good luck. but i loved her and dad, always do. trying to catch the SS, infiltrating the base, sam whumpage....it was just plain enjoyable

GRACE sigh. such fun angst and drama. we really get to see what makes sam tick

FALLOUT i had fun watching sam work wiht jonas. i've always enjoyed the two of them togther

CHIMERA pete aside, it was nice to see sam the person, outside of work

DEATH KNELL my all time favorite. soldier sam, the boys looking for her, sam running from the unstoppable and nice warm ending

HEROES, sam runs the gamut in this one. embarrassed with the film crew, anxious about the mission, her grief, sam and teal'c moments, sam and jack. it was just a great episode

RESURRECTION story wise...eh. rather cliche, but i know that i'll always l ike that amanda's directed. i wish we'd have seen more sam/anna empathy, but her scenes with barrett were good. and it was great to see sam in charge

INAUGURATION well, like disclosure, this one doesn't count

LOST CITY, this one was also good. IMHO, much better than full circle to be an ending. sam's angst and sadness was beautifully displayed. I liked sam's discomfort in 'ordering' jack to do stuff, being forced into a role she wasn't quite emotionally ready to take, not just command but losing a good friend
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                    Hello there Samandans, Im here en France!!! the flights were completely disasterous, first there was a 2 hour delay because the engines didnt work, then way later a guy had a heart attack and we had to make an emergancy stop in Iceland for a whole bunch of hours... oh well, ive been to Iceland now!! unfortunately, a lot of people im with are obvious first-time travellers, so they were NOT fun this whole time...

so we missed our connecting flight from Heathrow to Lyon, so we were waiting around for hours trying to figure out how to get all of us one another flight, because tho we were going to stay in a hotel in London the night; courtesy of the airlines, none were avaliable, plus no flights had empty spots the next day. we had no idea were our luggage was...we ended up getting all of us on the last flight that nite, which was then delayed a few hours, and then some more, ended up getting onthe plane at 10 something, leaving i dont remember when... then we found our luggage. well, three of us are actually still luggageless... but thats being sotrted out... hopefully... well anyways, then we had the 2 hour bus ride to Moutiers, where the people we were all staying with picked us up, at 3am, and we all went off to our places. This morning my one friend and i went up La Plagne, a famous ski resort, for a brilliant french lunch, then they taught us how to snowboard!!! I can officially say I learnt how to snowboard in the French alps just checking e,ails and such now, then probably going to watch a movie, then tonite were off clubbing!!! ill make sure to pick up some hot french guys for aaaall of you

Ok, this keyboard is ROYALLY messed up... completely different than Canadian ones, so im going to sign off now, Ill hopefully have some more time in a few days with some more adventures to share!

MSam en France.

(I cant wait to come on later and see headline *Tapping has girl!!* or some such )
                    Hmmm ... do you know something we don't know, MS?! I hope MajorSam's prediction about the Amanda mini-me comes true! Either way, we'll know soon.

Quel domage about the airline problems ... I suppose you'll be chugging down something stronger than a sloe gin fizz tonight while you're clubbing. Unless, you guys really are underage in France ... somehow I think the French supply wine to anyone over the age of 12 ... vive la France! Have fun and keep us posted and be careful on the slopes!

CG/Jester

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Well, I actually don't watch hockey, so I took a guess about the Stanley cup.
                      eh, you especially don't watch it this year.

Maybe that is where Sam and Jack will be the first five eps of season nine: negotiating a treaty between the billionaire owners and the millionaire players.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        ...early on this thread ... when Samanda was just a figment of MajorSam's imagination and MajorSal was just beginning to discuss what makes Sam tick.

Look how far we've come! And it's been mostly positive and upbeat and witty and thoughtful and respectful and just plain fun!!

Some of us seem concerned about Amanda's interpretation of our intentions and our posts if/when she happens to drop by and browse the thread. I think there's no need to worry. When I scroll back and start to read some of the serious and not-so-serious discussions and comments, I get the feeling that how we're interacting here would make AT feel right at home because of her own down-to-earth personality and delicious sense of humor. And the whole Court of Samanda and honour the Queen thingie ... we're playing ... isn't it a great feeling to be playing as an adult?! The real world often takes itself way too seriously; I like to know that I can drop by Samanda for a laugh or two and some friendly debate! Hope you feel the same.

On the subject of humor, Amanda once said that when people are happy and laughing, their minds are open. If that's her philosophy, then she will enjoy what we're doing here! CG/Jester
                        I don't know if AT will ever get a chance to browse through some of the posts we have here, but if she does, I hope she gets to read lots of the praise and commendations for her hard work and superb acting. As for the Court of Samanda and being the Queen... she'd probably be embarrassed... but, hopefully, she'd let some of her own sharp sense of humor loose and simply join in the fun.

A few years back, I had an undergraduate student volunteer who started calling me the Queen of the Geology Dept. Now I am the *only* full-time geologist, so if I'm Queen, I reign pretty much over myself... Student assistants and volunteers come and go with the passing years, so in truth, I am actually both the Chief Cook and the lowly Bottle Washer and anything else that needs to get done. But I found that I couldn't be upset with this young woman who called me 'The Queen' because she obviously meant it as praise and with endearment - she doesn't have a mean or sarcastic bone in her body. I have to admit to being embarrassed by the title whenever she voiced it, but I would never discourage (or disparage) enthusiastic volunteer help!

I am sure that AT would probably wince at the title of 'Queen' and the Court of 'Samanda', but I think she'd also see the wonderful, positive and constructive comments and aspects of this thread - and the folks who've posted here. I also have a sneaking suspicion that she would enjoy the humor, including (and perhaps especially) the slightly ribald and suggestive posts , as well as the fact that the local denizens of the SaGC can poke a little fun at themselves. I'm sure she has her own strong opinions of how the character of SC should be portrayed and I'd bet that she'd appreciate some of the discussions that we've posted (too bad that we can't get her posts and comments too ).

So... I'm expounding a bit here... on a lazy Saturday morning (while most other folks are sleeping in, or doing the laundry, mowing the lawn, posting on the Threads thread, or some such)... but in conclusion, I'd say that AT would find a lot here of fun and value... but I wouldn't want her to read *any* of the stuff posted by trolls out there in general forumland (either here at GW or elsewhere) - there are simply some mean and nasty folks out there who seem to want to spend part of their lives destructively by picking on fictional characters (and all of the characters get bashed and picked on 'out there').

I'm so glad that we've created the the SaGC... a thread of quality comments, healthy, respectful discussion... and humor (*so* necessary) with healthy irreverance! Thanks once again to one and all who've posted on this thread!
                        Last edited by astrogeologist; 12 March 2005, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Throughout the time that we’ve been posting on this thread, many folks have commented favorably about the episode Death Knell and AT’s acting in that episode.
                          <nods enthusiastically> What's not to love about that ep?

I figured I'd repost these pics.

Hope you enjoy them!
                          Oh, yes! Thank you, again, AG.

I love the scenes with Sam and her Dad... Jacob is cranky and when Sam asks if he's had his coffee... he admits that Selmak doesn't like coffee...

You gave up coffee for your symbiote? I didn't know that.

I just had a thought! Spoilers for Threads
                          Spoiler:
                          I wonder if Jacob knew at this time that Selmac was failing and was trying to do anything he could to make its last days as comfortable as possible. :sad:
                          Gracie

Comment

Wonderful Season 7 comments Chopingal and Skydiver!
                            The Keeper of the Flame has downloaded your comments and critiques and, along with AgentDark's, the Season 7 Summary List is growing fast!

I'd give you green jello if I could, but I am currently restricted from giving it to you folks...
                            so here's some hi-octane blue jello

Last edited by astrogeologist; 12 March 2005, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                              I just had a thought! Spoilers for Threads
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder if Jacob knew at this time that Selmac was failing and was trying to do anything he could to make its last days as comfortable as possible. :sad:

maybe. but did you notice in threads
                              Spoiler:
                              he was willing to say whatever he needed to say to make sam happy. like telling her that selmac liked pete when selmac was in a coma and had been for several days. he didn't like pete and obviously didn't think he was right for sam...but also knew that if she was happy, he'd live with it (no pun intended)

i think maybe that's why he pushed to meet pete, he wanted to do what he could to take care of sam before the end

if course, the s&j part of me also noticed that he was downright ornry with sam and pete and jack when it came to the flowers part. jacob deliberately did all he could to force sam and jack into making a decision
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                when Samanda was just a figment of MajorSam's imagination and MajorSal was just beginning to discuss what makes Sam tick.
                                Aah, that takes me back...

It's downright phenomenal is what it is. Nearly 3000 posts and no one's tried to kill anybody. Or even hurt someone... not even just a little bit.

... we're playing ... isn't it a great feeling to be playing as an adult?! The real world often takes itself way too seriously; I like to know that I can drop by Samanda for a laugh or two and some friendly debate! Hope you feel the same.
                                Absafriggin'posilutely!

On the subject of humor, Amanda once said that when people are happy and laughing, their minds are open. If that's her philosophy, then she will enjoy what we're doing here!
                                CG/Jester
                                Gracie

Comment

Working...
                                X