Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Next up...

Guess That Episode

I think this is also in AgentDark's rotating sig pics.
    Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      this is the fourth time I have visited this site. It is a cool place alright. The first three times I did not get it. Now I do. And I like the place alot.
      welcome to samanda gatebee
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hi spaz, welcome!!

as to the polls, they close friday evening, sometime between 7 and 10 central time US.

basically whenever i get around to closing them and putting out the next one, then astro puts up the nice capture of the votes

next week things might be a bit delayed. i've got things going on friday so the 6 poll might not be up until saturday...i'll have to see how things work out

so anyone who hasn't cast thier vote for this week, you have roughly 24 hours to do so
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          this is the fourth time I have visited this site. It is a cool place alright. The first three times I did not get it. Now I do. And I like the place alot.
          Hey Gatebee!! Glad to see you here!!
          Welcome to the wonderful world of Samanda!!

Comment

Gateworld has just posted an article with spoilers for the 3rd episode of season 9 and it contains the following phrase -
            "Daniel Jackson and Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), SG-1's new commanding officer, must go on an interplanetary scavenger hunt..."

I'm still trying to stay positive that when Sam returns from her mysterious absence, she'll be put back in charge, or if she isn't, that it's for a good reason. But I have to admit that seeing this in print as part of an episode synopsis bothered me. Am I being too sensitive?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              Gateworld has just posted an article with spoilers for the 3rd episode of season 9 and it contains the following phrase -
              "Daniel Jackson and Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), SG-1's new commanding officer, must go on an interplanetary scavenger hunt..."

I'm still trying to stay positive that when Sam returns from her mysterious absence, she'll be put back in charge, or if she isn't, that it's for a good reason. But I have to admit that seeing this in print as part of an episode synopsis bothered me. Am I being too sensitive?

NC
              I don't think you are being too sensitive... For the past couple of months I've been getting the vibes that they are going to set it up so that Lt. Col. Mitchell is the new 'Jack O'Neill' replacement - the guy in charge of the new SG-1... new bad-guys, lots of new characters... and I think that the show's writers, directors and producers have set it up so that Carter could be written out if necessary. I have a nauseous feeling in my gut that says that Carter may be written as 'concentrating on her science'... either giving up her commission and leaving the Air Force - or moving to a less-field oriented and more scientific position within the Air Force. Either way, I think they are going to write it so that Lt. Col. Mitchell is the CO of SG-1 and that Carter will 'go along on' some of the missions later in the season.

Needless to say, this isn't what I was hoping for! I can see what they are doing and why (AT's new baby and all), but now I *really* begrudge the opportunities lost in Season 8 - the opportunities to see Carter in command of SG-1, with storylines and decisions like Jack had to face over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                I don't think you are being too sensitive... For the past couple of months I've been getting the vibes that they are going to set it up so that Lt. Col. Mitchell is the new 'Jack O'Neill' replacement - the guy in charge of the new SG-1... new bad-guys, lots of new characters... and I think that the show's writers, directors and producers have set it up so that Carter could be written out if necessary. I have a nauseous feeling in my gut that says that Carter may be written as 'concentrating on her science'... either giving up her commission and leaving the Air Force - or moving to a less-field oriented and more scientific position within the Air Force. Either way, I think they are going to write it so that Lt. Col. Mitchell is the CO of SG-1 and that Carter will 'go along on' some of the missions later in the season.

Needless to say, this isn't what I was hoping for! I can see what they are doing and why (AT's new baby and all), but now I *really* begrudge the opportunities lost in Season 8 - the opportunities to see Carter in command of SG-1, with storylines and decisions like Jack had to face over the years.
                Yeah, they sorta flubbed any chance this year of Sam really showing off
                her leadership abilities and exceling as CO of SG-1.
                *grumbling under my breath*

I guess in the end, it really is a boys club no matter how well you do.
                Poor Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Yeah, they sorta flubbed any chance this year of Sam really showing off
                  her leadership abilities and exceling as CO of SG-1.
                  *grumbling under my breath*

I guess in the end, it really is a boys club no matter how well you do.
                  Poor Sam.
                  And poor AT -- I think she deserved a shot at playing the woman in command... hand signals and tough decisions and all. She's been a real trooper, playing the scenes they've written for Carter. At the end of Season 7, I got the feeling that she was looking forward to showing Carter in command in Season 8.

Right now, I'm sad... for the opportunities missed.
                  Hopefully Season 9 will give us some great Carter episodes anyway!

Comment

NAME THAT EPISODE

Ok, here's my next one...

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

NC
                      I share everyone's first impressions and gut feelings on this.

Just read it myself and the name of the third episode The Ties That Bind at first really had my hope up, thinking (how foolish of me!) that Sam's "personal issues" would be visiting her brother Mark to explain Jacob's death and her breakup with Pete and settle her dad's estate or something. However, there is nothing revealed about Sam's arc at all in this news blip but plenty about Ben Browder's and Claudia Black's new roles.

Sure, bounty hunters and new adventures and new villains - of course we expect that - but let's have some honest talk here about who's not going through the Gate in the very first episode and who's no longer in command!

Even if RDA is in negotiations ... the writers have to know by now what they've done with Jack and Sam in the beginning shows ... they've already started filming! Come on, guys, throw us a bone!

Comment

NAME THAT EPISODE

I'm thinking one of the episodes that has 'Serpent' in the title... maybe the same one where Sam is in the death glider looking up at Earth?

Comment

.Next up...

Guess That Episode

I think this is also in AgentDark's rotating sig pics.
                          Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
                          I'll let someone else guess thatone

Orpheus, where she's placing the C4 on the console that will destroy the anti-gravity dry dock

Comment

I'm still holding out hope that Lt.Col CM will just be temporary CO of SG-1. No mention of Carter in the episode, so its probably set during her absence which means she still might be able to come back and resume command

Actually, the thing I'm worried about was the bit at the end... '[Fischer]... cuts the Stargate program's operating budget by 70 percent.'

I hope they're not gonna use that as a way of explaining why they're not going offworld as much anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              I'm still holding out hope that Lt.Col CM will just be temporary CO of SG-1. No mention of Carter in the episode, so its probably set during her absence which means she still might be able to come back and resume command

Actually, the thing I'm worried about was the bit at the end... '[Fischer]... cuts the Stargate program's operating budget by 70 percent.'

I hope they're not gonna use that as a way of explaining why they're not going offworld as much anymore...
                              I think they will fix that (either in the same episode or the next one)... I think they are going to have Lt. Col. Mitchell take the team 'back to its roots' with offworld exploration - or at least some kind of 'out of the SGC exploration' - I think they will be 'out in the field' more than they were in Season 8. Out in the field... with Lt. Col. M in charge... where's the anti-gloom spray...?

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Orpheus, where she's placing the C4 on the console that will destroy the anti-gravity dry dock
                              Ooo... that sounds better than my guess -- is that a super-soldier on the edge of the pic?

Comment

Out in the field... with Lt. Col. M in charge... where's the anti-gloom spray...?

Here, take the Peace Pipe Maybe we can pretend it doesn't happen?

Ooo... that sounds better than my guess -- is that a super-soldier on the edge of the pic?
                                No, I dont think so... It might be Daniel standing off to the side, or just a wierd Goa'uld computer console.

Comment

Working...
                                X