Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i think a lot of rda's adlibs are done to crack amanda up. if you look closely when he's larking off, he usually glances at her as if to see 'hey, did i get her?'

that good natured teasing is one thing that fueled the ship speculation, whether they meant it that way or not
    Both good points! They are so comfortable and warm with each other that it translates to the screen at times and we have the actors, rather than the characters, peeking back at us. Fun to watch for those moments.

All of you DVD whizkids out there ... can you capture any more RDA moments where he seems to be ad-libbing and causing everyone else, especially Amanda, to lose it. Supposedly that happens a lot in the briefing room scenes.

The rest of the cast are going to miss RDA for the humor on the set as they "break in" the new guys (and gals). Let's hope the new kids on the block learn to play nice too!

Comment

Majorsam: Lol, yes indeed it does say "You are beautiful" on one of those pics I got her to autograph it at GateCon... 200...2!!! the orange...."monstercreaturealien" (HAH) on her, like I said, was blotting out my name, from said autographing.
      Dear Madam President,
      I do believe that I quite clearly stated that I was talking about the orange monstercreaturealien beside Amanda, not the part on top of her, obliterating Madam President’s true name.
      Myself and many other Samandans will be eagerly awaiting more tales and pictures when you arrive back after your involvement in the theatre production. In fact, we expext them. We wish you well, and hope you gain great joyousness from being a part of such an event. I believe I and others would enjoy hearing about this production when you have participated in it.
      I would now congratulate our Royal Nanny Forever for creating yet another Samtastic picture in such short a period of time, and with so little prior experience.
      Yours,
      Royal Page

My favourite pic so far has to be astrogeologists. That must have been absolutely breathtakingly amazing. And I should add, DANGEROUS ! But, she is here with us today, talking all things Sam, and providong us with our daily Stargate doses with her screencaps. It sure seems like she’s had an incredible life so far.

I want to give everyone here green jello. It’s being mean. Not fair. It should let me, but it has something against me. The jello making machine is malfunctioning.
      Thankyou to everyone who has been giving me rep lately.

This ebay auction thing sounds super SCARY! That is a lot of money. Keep us updated.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i think legends is running it and yes, they're legit. sometimes a little slow to mail things out, but a legitimate company

my only word of warning...5000 for lunch, does that count getting there?? or is that part of it?

if it's not included, just remember to factor in air fare, hotel and such so that, if you win such a stellar prize, you don't lose out due to some technicality

Laugh, the response I got back from my husband regarding the bid was this...
        'If it's what you really want...then DO it!

The airfare and hotel aren't a big issue... My husband travels a lot on business so we have free miles and comp hotel stays to spare. As I said in a previous post I'm not a good flyer. I'm actually a REALLY bad flyer. Unless I have heavy drugs or a lot of free alcohol I tend to avoid any type of travel that requires an airplane. As expensive as the luncheon would be, I think the difference of having to fly three hours to Vancouver as to nine plus hours to the UK, might truly be worth the difference.

The truly odd thing is, money really isn't the issue here... well unless the bid goes up into the tens of thousands. I wouldn't mind paying that to meet AT especially for charity. I don't think there's another person on the planet I could say that about...well except RDA.

I'd just like to say this is all of your fault... I wouldn't even be thinking about this auction thing if you all didn't post about how wonderful meeting AT has been and all your lovely photos. Now I have it on the brain and I'm feeling a wee bit jealous. Well hopefully someone will bump the bid up higher than I'm willing to pay by the end of the auction or I may do something seriously unlike myself.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Chopingal: The rest of the cast are going to miss RDA for the humor on the set as they "break in" the new guys (and gals). Let's hope the new kids on the block learn to play nice too!
          This is kind of why I’m not 100% sure about season9. It’s not so much that sam won’t be in it for five episodes, I can deal with that so long as they’ve got a good reason, like being a pilot or somesuch. But, O’neill and his natural humour will be gone. And I think the worst thing will be if they try to make the new guys funny to make up for it, as it will seem like they are trying to replace something that isn’t replaceable. Admittedly, I have found that Jack’s humour has not seemed quite so natural over the past few episodes, maybe more forced and ‘put on’, though it still makes me laugh. But I will always love it, and will misssss it when it’s gone. Part of what makes the things Jack says so funny is the team's response to such things. When the characters think something Jack says is funny, it is hard not to laugh yourself.
          So, my hopes for season9 I guess are to not make the new characters have the sense of humour, but rather develop it in the characters we already have. Sam, Daniel, and even Teal'c (believe it or not) are quite capable of saying humourous things if they are given the chance. It will never be Jack, but still...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Dear Madam President,

I have been kindly informed by the Court Jester that my duties consist of transcribing the minutes from court meetings (though I do believe Tok'ra Hostess is indeed the Royal Scribe), and staying by the Queens side. If there are any additional duties that I may perform for Madam President at any time, all she need do is ask.

Yours,
            Royal Page
            My Dear Royal Page

I am so glad that you reminded me of the Royal Scribe's appointed court duties. I rarely forget such important details; however, I seem to be recovering from a royal hangover (all that blue jello at the Gala). Fortunately, because of your tender age, you were allowed only the less potent variety and are not suffering the same debilitating consequences.

Perhaps the title Lady-in-Waiting will better serve to describe your function at the Royal Court. Besides acting as personal attendant to our Queen, it is possible that Madam President may also be in need of your services. We are extremely pleased at your enthusiasm to assist all of us in Samanda, and I am certain that the President will address this further.

In the interim, please be patient and continue to accompany the Queen to her exercise sessions in the royal gym. You may become the Royal Messenger of some very glad tidings in the next few weeks.

Cheerio!

Court Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Laugh, the response I got back from my husband regarding the bid was this...
              'If it's what you really want...then DO it!

The airfare and hotel aren't a big issue... My husband travels a lot on business so we have free miles and comp hotel stays to spare. As I said in a previous post I'm not a good flyer. I'm actually a REALLY bad flyer. Unless I have heavy drugs or a lot of free alcohol I tend to avoid any type of travel that requires an airplane. As expensive as the luncheon would be, I think the difference of having to fly three hours to Vancouver as to nine plus hours to the UK, might truly be worth the difference.

The truly odd thing is, money really isn't the issue here... well unless the bid goes up into the tens of thousands. I wouldn't mind paying that to meet AT especially for charity. I don't think there's another person on the planet I could say that about...well except RDA.

I'd just like to say this is all of your fault... I wouldn't even be thinking about this auction thing if you all didn't post about how wonderful meeting AT has been and all your lovely photos. Now I have it on the brain and I'm feeling a wee bit jealous. Well hopefully someone will bump the bid up higher than I'm willing to pay by the end of the auction or I may do something seriously unlike myself.

ForeverSG1
              If money is no object (how blessed you are!) - and life is so short, then I'd say go for the gusto! We will send you tons of blue jello to consume before getting on the plane - it's a no brainer! 3 hours to Amanda versus 9 hours to London! You go girl!

You'll have the joy of seeing your bid up there - frankly, I just looked, and the auction is lasting a few more days - I wouldn't be surprised if this thing raises double the amount up there now! But you will have thrown your hat into the ring - that alone will be fun!

Sounds exciting!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                If money is no object (how blessed you are!) - and life is so short, then I'd say go for the gusto! We will send you tons of blue jello to consume before getting on the plane - it's a no brainer! 3 hours to Amanda versus 9 hours to London! You go girl!

You'll have the joy of seeing your bid up there - frankly, I just looked, and the auction is lasting a few more days - I wouldn't be surprised if this thing raises double the amount up there now! But you will have thrown your hat into the ring - that alone will be fun!

Sounds exciting!!!!
                Laugh, I think I'll be waiting till the end to see how high it goes. If it stays lower than I'm willing to pay and I finally make my bid, I'll let you know. Sadly, the odds are, it won't be me who's having lunch with Amanda. I'll keep my hears open about Gabit as well, just in case. Either way, it's going to be a large sum of money required in order for me to have any chance at all of meeting Amanda in person.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Chopingal: My Dear Royal Page
                  I am so glad that you reminded me of the Royal Scribe's appointed court duties. I rarely forget such important details; however, I seem to be recovering from a royal hangover (all that blue jello at the Gala). Fortunately, because of your tender age, you were allowed only the less potent variety and are not suffering the same debilitating consequences.
                  Perhaps the title Lady-in-Waiting will better serve to describe your function at the Royal Court. Besides acting as personal attendant to our Queen, it is possible that Madam President may also be in need of your services. We are extremely pleased at your enthusiasm to assist all of us in Samanda, and I am certain that the President will address this further.
                  In the interim, please be patient and continue to accompany the Queen to her exercise sessions in the royal gym. You may become the Royal Messenger of some very glad tidings in the next few weeks.
                  Cheerio!
                  Court Jester
                  Dear Royal Jester,
                  I would be very pleased to remain as the court Page, messenger for the kingdom of Samanda. The role of Lady-in-Waiting is also something that I am very honoured with. I shall be here to do whatever is asked of myself, by Madam President or any other person whom may require my assistance.
                  For now I would like to exclaim at the top of my voice, echoing through the great hall of Samanda, 'SAM ROCKS!'. I hope I did not bring the walls down.
                  And I bring a message, from the far reaches of the galaxy, in the depths of deep space. It reads:

Dearest friends, fellow Samandan citizens,
                  Something got into me today and I just went around wildly repping everyone in Samanda who's posted sice page 100 with green jello. May it... replicate! Hope you enjoy. I thank everyone who's given me rep lately, and such nice comments with it to.
                  deepspace

yours,
                  Royal Page/Lady-in-waiting/Messenger
                  ps.Go easy on the blue jello.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Wow! All you chaps and chapesses out there are doing an amazing posting job!!

I logged on early thisevening and bar from a few play session with pooch (chase Hugo with bone, chase Hugo with ball, chase Hugo with...... Blast he's got my sock again!!!!) and a nip out to the offie (off licence [place where alcohol is sold]) it has taken till now 10pm to get through everything.

So much great comment on the Sam/ship/character bashing stuff.

I love all the characters. I love the team episodes best, and I always think it is these ep's where Sam seems to shine for me, despite her not having mega screen time, I think it is because she is in such a great context - with the team - and she is such a team player, she rises to whatever is asked/required of her in the team based context - thanks to the writers. I don't mind other characters having screen time. In fact I think they are all really great actors and are a joy to watch.

On the S/J Ship - hey I'm a romantic - yes I'd like S/J to be together, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they weren't. Dare I admit I loved D DeLuise's acting in New Order - go on throw me off Half Dome!!! What is more important to me is that the integrity of this amazing female role model is not only kept intact in line with s1-6, but enhanced with major Soldier Sam ep's

How could anyone hate any of the characters? Why? Whats to hate - apart from "His morals are flimsy" - [Kinsey](I'm afarid I've written a Stargate meets Cockney Rhyming Slang sketch and will poss post thisweekend - unless you all protest).

Astrogeologist "snockered" LOL I have never heard of that one - and I've heard of a lot - blotto, sozzled, stupified, stewed, piddled, pie eyed, inebriated, tanked up, drunk as a lord, p****d as a newt, well oiled, steaming, bladdered- but never snockered - how is it pronounced! Plus I loved your post of Feb 27th re Sam bashing but couldn't rep you again!!!

Oh my Gawd The court Jester has gone wild - encouraging the President to go dipping into the beans and help herself - what are you trying to do to this belegered old gal? Wipes fevered brow with handkerchief for the second time this year!! There are rules, documents to sign - in triplicate, each bean must be checked out and recorded on stock control system. Has missed heart beat and nearly cries into her beer, thus diluting the alcohol volume!!! Please follow Samandan accounting procedure at all times!!!!

Astrogeologist - again many many many awesome captures Cheers to you (raises oops - now empty bottle of Grolsch - goes to fridge to get full one,
                    raises that one)

I notice the liberal use of Samandan sloe gin in blue jello. I will be praying this spring that the weather is favourable for just gentle breezes and no high winds to protect the blossom of the sacred blackthorn bush and ensure bumper sloe crop this autumn (fall) Don't despair plenty of barrels left in the vault, despite me taking my duty payment in said sloe gin instead of samandan brown bean!!

Astrogeologist re talking to strangers - Yes you are right!! Not only did I get talking to a stranger once on a plane but she took pity on me and gave me her breakfast!!! (I had the - been camping, climbing, hiking, sleeping under the stars, not washed, worn same cloths for a week, half fed, slept in the airport overnight look) I did check about 3 times that she didn't want it - I was really glad of it!!. The kindness of strangers - I have experienced it many times on my outdoor overseas adventures! Heartwarming!! (Oh by the way the pumice boulders we used to hold the tent down were as big as the tent - got some piccis of us carrying them looking as strong as Teal'c)

If I met Amanda I'd have to say something.... "Y'alreet cha? How they hangin'"? Mmmmm thinks about how mine are hanging and decides probably not! A shy little "Hi I'm your number one fan.."....mmmm spanks too much of "Misery" Just "Hi" I think!!! would be all that would come out!

Astrogeologist - Wowwwwwww your pic on top of Half Dome - brilliant. How about I take you hiking in Scotland sometime? There's a lovely ridge scramble called the Aonach Eagach that you would love!!!

ForeverSG1 Love your sig banner - it is brilliant!!

Madam Pres' many thanks for your edited highlights of Major Sam meets..... Major Sam!!!

Love all the piccis being posted!!!

Enjoy your trip MajorSam - what are you seeing in London - Scotland's the place to be! Tucked up in the Talisker distillery for a couple of days! The occasional foray onto Talisker Beach to clear the head!!!

Deepspace - congrats on catching up with all the posts - apologies for slighly blue tinge to the Oh Yeah Times!

The next publication of the Oh Yea We Say Times will be this weekend where there will be a full report on the Gala dinner. I belive there is a paperazzi special report on the Royal Jester's evening's "activities" with the very merry Murray!! (Deepspace may have to skip this report)

Right it is now gone 11 - must get some sleep. The boss is going to have a rant at a colleague and me tomorrow (for something that is his fault) - I must be properly chilled!!!

Take Care Everybody!!
                    Last edited by Coley; 02 March 2005, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Deepspace - you should be in bed!!!

Comment

I would now congratulate our Royal Nanny Forever for creating yet another Samtastic picture in such short a period of time, and with so little prior experience.Yours,Royal Page
                        Great post, deepspace... and you just created another *great* word for us: Samtastic! Love it!
                        My favourite pic so far has to be astrogeologists. That must have been absolutely breathtakingly amazing. And I should add, DANGEROUS ! But, she is here with us today, talking all things Sam, and providong us with our daily Stargate doses with her screencaps. It sure seems like she’s had an incredible life so far.
                        You guys are making me blush... especially since I put that pic up as a lark... because when I see it, I think of how stupid I was... la dee dee... head in the clouds... don't mind me as I slip off the edge of the cliff here folks... . That said, I am proud of making the hike up and back!

Comment

The airfare and hotel aren't a big issue... My husband travels a lot on business so we have free miles and comp hotel stays to spare. As I said in a previous post I'm not a good flyer. I'm actually a REALLY bad flyer. Unless I have heavy drugs or a lot of free alcohol I tend to avoid any type of travel that requires an airplane.
                          You sound like my mom... she would *love* to go to Australia, but she refuses to fly... unless they 'let her keep one foot on the ground'... (have been hearing that my whole life folks).

The fact that the money goes to charity makes it money spent not for lunch, but as a gift or donation. Lunch with AT? That just makes it sweet!

Picturing you at the bus stop bench next to AT... and you... say 'Hi!' and a great conversation ensues!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            I logged on early thisevening and bar from a few play session with pooch (chase Hugo with bone, chase Hugo with ball, chase Hugo with...... Blast he's got my sock again!!!!)
                            Um... isn't the Hugo supposed to chase the ball...? or the bone...? hmmm...

So much great comment on the Sam/ship/character bashing stuff. I love all the characters. I love the team episodes best, and I always think it is these ep's where Sam seems to shine for me, despite her not having mega screen time, I think it is because she is in such a great context - with the team - and she is such a team player, she rises to whatever is asked/required of her in the team based context - thanks to the writers. I don't mind other characters having screen time. In fact I think they are all really great actors and are a joy to watch.
                            go on throw me off Half Dome!!!
                            Eeek!! OK, now I have to tell this story: Many years later I was hiking through the backcountry of Yosemite with a buddy. We camped near the trail spur leading to the top of Half Dome and decided to hike up and back the next morning (from this point it was only a 8-9 mile round trip or so, if I remember correctly). So, we get up at the crack of dawn and start hiking up. Beings that we were already 'half-way' up the trail, we didn't see a soul - we were hours ahead of the hikers who would come from the valley floor. And then we climb the cables up the side of the dome (experienced and confident climbers will just use the friction of their shoes/boots... but most of the rest of us would slip and then slide painfully for hundreds of feet on hard, unforgiving granite).

So we climb up the cables and Voila! A spectacular view! And you know what blew me away??? There were already people there... sprinkled across the top.. here and there... What?? It turns out that some folks had *slept* on the top! Hmmm.. made me wonder about thunder storms and where they would go if one came in (been there, done that, got the scary T-shirt and don't ever want another). OK, so we wouldn't have the entire top of Half Dome completely to ourselves, the folks up there were all pretty quiet and respectful.

And then I'm quietly chatting with one of the folks who'd slept up there and he said (here's the good part)... he said that several of them had woken up early so they could lay in their sleeping bags and watch the sunrise across the lower valley. One guy (that they didn't know) was off to the side and already packing all of his stuff up. He wasn't disruptive, so they basically ignored him. Eventually, he settled his pack on his back and walked over to the edge... and then walked off!

ACK! Now they were awake! Not wanting to, they went over and looked over the edge... to see... a parachute! The guy was 'base jumping'... and it's illegal in Yosemite National Park (and most everywhere else).

What is more important to me is that the integrity of this amazing female role model is not only kept intact in line with s1-6, but enhanced with major Soldier Sam ep's
                            Woohoo! Love those words! Perfectly stated Coley!!

Astrogeologist "snockered" LOL I have never heard of that one - and I've heard of a lot - blotto, sozzled, stupified, stewed, piddled, pie eyed, inebriated, tanked up, drunk as a lord, p****d as a newt, well oiled, steaming, bladdered- but never snockered - how is it pronounced!
                            snahkered (phonetically as close as I can get).
                            I loved your post of Feb 27th re Sam bashing but couldn't rep you again!!! Astrogeologist - again many many many awesome captures Cheers to you (raises oops - now empty bottle of Grolsch - goes to fridge to get full one,raises that one)
                            Thanks!

Astrogeologist re talking to strangers - Yes you are right!! Not only did I get talking to a stranger once on a plane but she took pity on me and gave me her breakfast!!! (I had the - been camping, climbing, hiking, sleeping under the stars, not washed, worn same cloths for a week, half fed, slept in the airport overnight look) I did check about 3 times that she didn't want it - I was really glad of it!!. The kindness of strangers - I have experienced it many times on my outdoor overseas adventures! Heartwarming!! (Oh by the way the pumice boulders we used to hold the tent down were as big as the tent - got some piccis of us carrying them looking as strong as Teal'c)
                            Please post some of those pics!

If I met Amanda I'd have to say something.... "Y'alreet cha? How they hangin'"? Mmmmm thinks about how mine are hanging and decides probably not! A shy little "Hi I'm your number one fan.."....mmmm spanks too much of "Misery" Just "Hi" I think!!! would be all that would come out!
                            ROTFL!

Astrogeologist - Wowwwwwww your pic on top of Half Dome - brilliant. How about I take you hiking in Scotland sometime? There's a lovely ridge scramble called the Aonach Eagach that you would love!!!
                            I would have to get back into shape...

Looking forward to the next edition of the Royal Paper

Comment

ForeverSG1

then i would say, if you have the funding to do it...do it. to quote RDA, life's too short.

trust me, if i had an unlimited income and freedom to just go off and do something fun, i would be.

and hey, if you win, maybe we can all send you notes to take to the queen on behalf of all of samanda
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                I met Amanda at a ComicCon in July, 2003. Don S. Davis was there too.....I wish I could remember everything she said, but my brain went on a mini shut down because I WAS MEETING AMANDA! After my mom and I got autographs from Amanda and Don (I literally ignored Don at that time, but made up for it later when I got a hug and kiss from him ), I let my mom go sit down while I stood and watched the rest of the autographs. I took some more pics and just enjoyed being there and seeing Amanda. When Amanda was ready to go, and got up from the seat, she glanced over to me and said thank you SALLY (yes, she said my name! *I'm such a fangirl *) for giving her the letter. She noticed me, and that made me feel very special. I love Amanda.

Sally

I must say I continue to be impressed by the way Amanda and the other actors handle the fans. They seem to really appreciate our support. Not all actors are that way from what I've heard. Sounds like AT goes above and beyond the call of duty. Kind of like Sam, now that I think of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X