Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    ROFL, can you just imagine what Jack and boy's reaction would be to seeing Sam dressed like this?? Oh my word!!! And I thought the big eyes and open jaws in Emancipation was amusing.

ForeverSG!
    those of you that have seen threads....anyone else thing daniel's appareal *ahem* in the end was a nod to that photo shoot???????

Spoiler:

i mean, all buff, wrapped in nothing but a flag...they GOTTA be playing games with AT

i wonder if she knew it was coming or if the boys did it just to tease her

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      those of you that have seen threads....anyone else thing daniel's appareal *ahem* in the end was a nod to that photo shoot???????

Spoiler:

i mean, all buff, wrapped in nothing but a flag..they GOTTA be playing games with AT

ROTFL I never thought about that until just now

Spoiler:

... AT's expression was absolutely priceless too...total shock and
      embarrassment. Whether she new about it before hand or not it was
      a great scene. Gotta love Jack's peek and look away as well.
      Poor Danny boy he's such a little tart even Oma has her way with
      him.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        hehehehe, well, Our own boy Chris Judge was the photographer of that "love" shirt pic... but the characters? I think something along the lines of:

OR maybe even:

(Sry, couldn't find a better dead jack pic at the moment, so busy!!!)
        LOL - I thought the "Love" shot was Chris Judge's - it looked like one of his. He wants to do fashion/glam photography and it already seems to be a serious hobby. There's a funny story in The Illustrated Companion S5/6 which also has a very sexy photo of AT in the Foreward (probably taken by Chris too) - Jan Newman, the makeup director and mother hen of the cast, was clucking about AT and TR being photographed by Chris in all these kinds of seductive poses. Yes, certainly not combat boots ... a whole other kind of Carter Chic! Although ... here's an image: the flag draped around Sam in a standing shot with her bare legs and then combat boots! How's that for the best of both worlds?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          LOL - I thought the "Love" shot was Chris Judge's - it looked like one of his. He wants to do fashion/glam photography and it already seems to be a serious hobby. There's a funny story in The Illustrated Companion S5/6 which also has a very sexy photo of AT in the Foreward (probably taken by Chris too) - Jan Newman, the makeup director and mother hen of the cast, was clucking about AT and TR being photographed by Chris in all these kinds of seductive poses. Yes, certainly not combat boots ... a whole other kind of Carter Chic! Although ... here's an image: the flag draped around Sam in a standing shot with her bare legs and then combat boots! How's that for the best of both worlds?!
          HAAAAAAAAH, The sad thing is I can SO see that pic... (THe flag with the boots)

What pic is this in front of the Illustrated Companion *raises eyebrow* *wonders if I have it*

Lol, Jan Newman really is a Mother Hen, shes just a doll!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Spoiler:

i mean, all buff, wrapped in nothing but a flag...they GOTTA be playing games with AT

That's exactly what I thought, Skydiver!
            That scene with Daniel just had to be a 'reference' to AT's photos.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              That's exactly what I thought, Skydiver!
              That scene with Daniel just had to be a 'reference' to AT's photos.
              Me too - especially since the whole episode is named Threads and is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fans' own threads and the Stargate world in general ... why not go for this too? Seems plausible ... and Sam's embarrassed reaction at end would seem to have a double meaning too. Only the actors or writers could clarify - maybe they will at a Gatecon or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                HAAAAAAAAH, The sad thing is I can SO see that pic... (THe flag with the boots)

What pic is this in front of the Illustrated Companion *raises eyebrow* *wonders if I have it*

Lol, Jan Newman really is a Mother Hen, shes just a doll!
                I'm LOL back at you because I can picture this kind of photo as a terrific spoof too! And Amanda's wonderful and whacky sense of humor would be able to carry it off!

The photo is that black-and-white shot on the bottom left of Amanda's Foreward page at the beginning of Illustrated Companion S5 and S6. She has heavy eye makeup on and is leaning back against a wall and is definitely not thinking of any quantum mechanics theory or naquadah reactors!! Poor Jan Newman must have been clucking over this one! Amanda wrote the Foreward for S5/6 ... at first, I didn't even recognize her in this picture and then had to get adjusted to "Sam, the Seductress."

No wonder the studio was getting emails saying "Carter's hot!"

Comment

Phew! You guys are INTENSE!!!

I've been gone for about four days, and this is just insane! I am so incredibly behind, but I'll do my best to keep up.

As for the Season Four episodes and stuff, I have to say that there are four AT/Sam expressions that stand out to me.

The first one has already been mentioned many times, and the look she gave Jack in The Other Side. This is another moment in SG-1 history where absolutely no words are necessary. The guilty, blank look that RDA/Jack sent right back solidified the silent conversation, and it was so, so, so cool.

The next three are from Divide and Conquer. Another good episode, even if you don't like ship, because it was the end of a character whom I've just recently started to fully appreciate (I kinda wanna know what happened to "Stuck," now!). Anywho, the second look was the look Sam gave Jack as he was going down the hall. I can't remember what kinda lens they used on the camera in that episode, but the closeups they did of people - specifically AT - had this look to them that was really unique. The look she had of complete confusion and desperation was classic - and ship or no ship, I know that Sam would have felt the same way if Daniel or Teal'c were to make the decision Jack made.

The third was the look she gave Janet while she was in the infirmary. She almost looked, I dunno, betrayed a bit. Like a lost kid who's succumbed to the inevitable. Very cool.

The final look that's a S4 fave was in the flashback to Upgrades, which is a shot I don't think was actually in the original episode. At any rate, that scene was really cool too. No words, just looks. More desperation. There's something about this actor where you can't help but feel what the character's feeling when she gets that look in her eye. They're all like that, really, but in this instance, I really saw it in Sam. The same can be said for that scene on the ship in TLC in S7. It's pretty neat.

OTHER RANDOM SAM LOOKS THAT HAVE AMUSED ME:

In IGTBK, when Jack's flying the Jumper and when Maybourne talks about his wives. She looks a bit out of her element on the Jumper with Jack, and that makes sense, considering they're normally STRAPPED INTO something for crying out loud! The look she gives Maybourne at the episode is pricelessly evil. The look said, "Let's see how much your wives will want you when I'm done with you..." So hilarious.

I haven't seen the entire ep, but... *THREADS*
                  Spoiler:

Daniel said, "Nope, wasn't me," and Jack turned to Sam, and was like, "Did you hear that?" She looked like she thought they were going crazy as she nodded slowly.

Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Phew! You guys are INTENSE!!!

I've been gone for about four days, and this is just insane! I am so incredibly behind, but I'll do my best to keep up.

As for the Season Four episodes and stuff, I have to say that there are four AT/Sam expressions that stand out to me.

The first one has already been mentioned many times, and the look she gave Jack in The Other Side. This is another moment in SG-1 history where absolutely no words are necessary. The guilty, blank look that RDA/Jack sent right back solidified the silent conversation, and it was so, so, so cool.

The next three are from Divide and Conquer. Another good episode, even if you don't like ship, because it was the end of a character whom I've just recently started to fully appreciate (I kinda wanna know what happened to "Stuck," now!). Anywho, the second look was the look Sam gave Jack as he was going down the hall. I can't remember what kinda lens they used on the camera in that episode, but the closeups they did of people - specifically AT - had this look to them that was really unique. The look she had of complete confusion and desperation was classic - and ship or no ship, I know that Sam would have felt the same way if Daniel or Teal'c were to make the decision Jack made.

The third was the look she gave Janet while she was in the infirmary. She almost looked, I dunno, betrayed a bit. Like a lost kid who's succumbed to the inevitable. Very cool.

The final look that's a S4 fave was in the flashback to Upgrades, which is a shot I don't think was actually in the original episode. At any rate, that scene was really cool too. No words, just looks. More desperation. There's something about this actor where you can't help but feel what the character's feeling when she gets that look in her eye. They're all like that, really, but in this instance, I really saw it in Sam. The same can be said for that scene on the ship in TLC in S7. It's pretty neat.

OTHER RANDOM SAM LOOKS THAT HAVE AMUSED ME:

In IGTBK, when Jack's flying the Jumper and when Maybourne talks about his wives. She looks a bit out of her element on the Jumper with Jack, and that makes sense, considering they're normally STRAPPED INTO something for crying out loud! The look she gives Maybourne at the episode is pricelessly evil. The look said, "Let's see how much your wives will want you when I'm done with you..." So hilarious.

I haven't seen the entire ep, but... *THREADS*
                    Spoiler:

Daniel said, "Nope, wasn't me," and Jack turned to Sam, and was like, "Did you hear that?" She looked like she thought they were going crazy as she nodded slowly.

Too funny.
                    Great comments Dancer!
                    I added your Season 4 comments to the growing summary list.

Comment

Hi all! I'm new.....been lurking on Gateworld for a few months, but never registered until now!

I have to say that this thread is one of the reasons that I finally bit the bullet and registered- I love all the fabulous intelligent discussion that goes on here! I'm a huge Sam fan- definitely my favorite character, and I wouldn't watch the show without her. From all I've read about Amanda, she seems like an absolute doll as well- I'd love to meet her, but don't see *that* ever happening Anyway, just popped in to say hello~ I'm so glad I found some folks who love Sam as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by clear_day
                        Hi all! I'm new.....been lurking on Gateworld for a few months, but never registered until now!

I have to say that this thread is one of the reasons that I finally bit the bullet and registered- I love all the fabulous intelligent discussion that goes on here! I'm a huge Sam fan- definitely my favorite character, and I wouldn't watch the show without her. From all I've read about Amanda, she seems like an absolute doll as well- I'd love to meet her, but don't see *that* ever happening Anyway, just popped in to say hello~ I'm so glad I found some folks who love Sam as much as I do!
                        Welcome aboard Clear_day! Always room for more Carter-fans!

So, now that you're registered - did you get a chance to vote in our Season 4 Best Carter episode poll? (It is one of the first threads listed on the first page of the General Discussion thread list).

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          No wonder the studio was getting emails saying "Carter's hot!"
                          Haha, that reminds me of that 'Behind the Stargate: Secrets Revealed' special they had. Amanda is answering the questions from the fans and she gasps at one that reads 'Carter is hot' and says 'zoom in on that one!'

There's a funny story in The Illustrated Companion S5/6 which also has a very sexy photo of AT in the Foreward
                          Please, share

G'day Clear_Day, more Sam fans the better

Comment

MajorSam and Agent Dark... and anyone who has more cool photos of Action Sam and Kicks-Ass Carter photos..please post 'em!
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 22 February 2005, 03:38 PM.

Comment

There's a few in my sig

Comment

This is the picture CG was talking about. I apologize for the quality, since I just scanned it in, but you can see what she means.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X