Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrh36
    RE: RCC writing Sam well in Singularity. Yes, in the early seasons these writers wrote Sam well. At that time, they were under the guidance of showrunner Jonathan Glassner as well as Brad Wright.

Now that RCC is showrunner, perhaps we're seeing more of what he himself thinks of Sam. 'Cause, really, I haven't liked his scripts regarding Sam since he became showrunner. IMO he has reduced Sam to her personal life.

Singularity was neat because it showed a softer side of Sam WITHIN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT. And it was neat because it was off the beaten track of the usual stories, so a breath of new air so to speak.

But now RCC (and the show under his showrunning) writes Sam stories that are MOSTLY personal with very little within the work environment. Even the Replicarter storyline spent waaaayyy too much time integrating personal romantic stuff into the mix. I was really looking forward to this and would have enjoyed the "torture" much more if it had involved her teammates and her care for them, rather than which boyfriend she might end up being with.

Similarly, the "Sam in command" storyline would have been great to see unfold within the work environment with her teammates, but it was virtually ignored in favor of Affinity storylines.

I really hope when RCC says that
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    Sam is gone in S9 for personal and professional reasons that those reasons are much more on the professional side than the personal.

hrh
    Great post! You've named what many of us see as a problem: taking Sam out of her context as SG1 team member/commander and thrusting her into the limelight with her personal life (which, unfortunately, became way too personal way too fast).

I love the way you've framed Singularity - as, yes, this was the best of both worlds: revealing who Sam was beyond SGC but doing it within the arc of development as an SG1 character. Nothing was lost; a lot was gained.

Every point you make is reasonable and I, too, am hoping that S9 brings the original Sam Carter to the foreground once again. With what seems to be happening in all the final episodes for S8, there may be a good chance of that happening.
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 February 2005, 10:41 AM.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned Daniel's black widower curse and the M/F double standard on the show. Daniel has just as much trouble with romance as Sam but it is not made an issue.

Why? Perhaps it's because Sam is female? Don't know but the facts in front of us show 2 lead characters with relatively equal romance trouble, and yet one character's (the male's) troubles are not harped on about and given a story arc to remedy and he is still allowed nonromance storylines while the other's (the female's) is harped on and given a story arc to remedy it to the exclusion (almost) of other story arcs for her.

Yes, AT does great with what she's given. And yes, AT did joke around about "wanting a boyfriend that didn't die". But it would've been nice to be a boyfriend within the show, such as bringing back the Tollan guy or something rather than a cop friend of her brother's??!

Actually, I would have looooovvvved it if they'd pursued her with Major Barrett. I loooovvved their interactions. They were professional equals and worked well together. It could have segued easily into after hours IMO.

Anyhoo, here's to a S9 in which Sam's story arcs are back into the scifi of the show!

hrh
      Last edited by hrh36; 20 February 2005, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

... Well, unless you’re 17 or younger, no, your not the youngest!

It is amazing to be here with all you guys. I can’t help but keep saying that, because it is so true. Thanks for accepting me as one of the gang.
        Dear Madam President

It has come to my attention that one of our most humble and grateful Samandans has yet to be nominated to the Royal Court.

This young woman would never take it upon herself to seek fame or attention, so I hereby request that you, in your benevolence, bestow a fair and fitting title. Perhaps royal page or lady-in-waiting?

I welcome your decision on this matter and will gladly vote "yea" in favor of whichever position you choose to confer upon Deepspace.

Sincerely,

Court Jester

Comment

May I second Deepsace's nomination to the Court

Comment

Gosh - apologies here I'm going back quite a few pages for these comments!!

MajorSal, ChopinGal et al. Yes to the wonderful abyss film. I have it on DVD - I must make time to watch it again!

Skydiver. Love your comment on the old-fashioned gentlemanly ness re female whumpage post - a nice take on the discussion.

ChopinGal - A great post back at Skydiver's post (above)

The harsh reality is that women are, all over the world, being subject to physical abuse (there but for the grace of god). Lets see some storyline on pulling through from abuse. We need to show female strength and courage

Yes! Get Carter in the cockpit for those season 9 missing 5 eps!! I would love that scenario, especially after reading Astrogeologist's "Come Fly With Me"

Agent Dark. Thanks for the little snippets of info re writers in response to ChopinGal's post.

Astrogeologist - thanks for the extracts and captures from Points of View way back on page 66!!

Thanks to ChopinGal for taking the time to research all the info on episode writers re Sam Centric episodes - Your post initiated some really good discussion!

Yes - what ever happened to Heather Ashe - does anyone know?

Thanks to MajorSam for explaining the AT Directing stuff!

ChopinGal - some lovely stuff on the male writers of SG1 - thanks!!

AgentDark - your sig re Sam opening the door in her denim jacket. Is that Astrogeologist's "embarrassed" pic?

Astrogeologist. Just spent time looking at your Jolinar's Memories captures - again!! Awesome!!

Astrogeologist LOL re the Bean photo links!! - The second link - a bean counter's dream!! LOL

Announcement to all Humungous budget now set aside called "The Diversity of Life" budget - a suitably vague description I take!!!

NearlyCircular - Eyes widen at the thought of whole bowlful of beans!!

Astrogeologist - as always awesome captures of Absolute Power - thanks!!

Agent Dark for Head of Security - Yes!!!! (Quickly goes to abacus, slowly makes calculations, identifies ongoing surplus to pay for rapidly expanding Court). Where are the new ideas Pres'?

Astrogeologist - Thanks for the info on the Lost City. I had wondered why Sam would step over Bra'tac in that manner - now I know why!! Also wonderful insight re the GW Polls - thanks for doing this!!!

ForeverSG1 - just loved your posts - cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              ... Gosh - apologies here I'm going back quite a few pages for these comments!!

[Astrogeologist LOL re the Bean photo links!! - The second link - a bean counter's dream!! LOL

Announcement to all Humungous budget now set aside called "The Diversity of Life" budget - a suitably vague description I take!!!

NearlyCircular - Eyes widen at the thought of whole bowlful of beans!!

Agent Dark for Head of Security - Yes!!!! (Quickly goes to abacus, slowly makes calculations, identifies ongoing surplus to pay for rapidly expanding Court). Where are the new ideas Pres'?
              Coley - can't stay on the thread long right now but I just wanted to add my thank-you to AstroG and NC for the Bean photo links too! I especially like the jelly beans, Astro. Perhaps our Madam President can incorporate them into some type of public-service award too.

Glad to know that you're making your calculations and we now have a surplus for funding new positions ... must have been the profit from the sale of the 2-for-1 photos of the Queen!

I'm not yet done with responding to your original Yea Times ... to be continued later this week ....

CG/Jester

Comment

ChopinGal Thanks for the clarification re BB/Blue Bean. The Times has been duly edited!!!

Comment

And I am back from yet another Army Adventure!!!

Started off last night, we all had to be at our home armouries at 18:45, for the climbing wall! I was excited, because although I’ve been in it for years, various reasons and circumstances have prevented me from ever doing it. (The repelling wall in my armory, I’ve done it on tons of mountains/cliffs)

Then I realized that another Corps was going to be there repelling with us! So I was like “Ok, great, I’m already going to have to go last in my corps, now I have to wait for another one too!” Because I was tied with one other person as the highest rank there. (Well, except for the super high guys who just supervise and stuff)

So I went around and did all this “team building” stuff with everyone who wasn’t geared up. Watched some training videos and stuff. Then the highest rank guy there got me to go around asking people if they wanted to order some Macdonalds. So I went around, and then me and the guy tied in rank with me were like “MacDonalds sucks, Subway’s better!” and the Big Cheese man was like “K, keep it quiet, I’ll go out again later and get you some” so me and tied rank were like hehehehe, yeah that’s right, we’re gooood.

So I’m waiting around doing the team stuff until I ask “yeah, what time is it now?” and someone’s like “oh, quarter to twelve” and I’m like When the heck did all that time go by? So then the second last guy is up on the wall, but the poor guy freaked out, was up there for about half an hour and finally had to climb down the tower stairs, he couldn’t do it. So then the officers up on top were like “We done?” then my CO’s like “Nope, one more, but *insert my name here*’s good to go!” so I go up, get strapped in, and go over the edge. Only my feet kinda stayed in one place for some reason, so I went *Phwoop* and then was hanging upside down! it was fabulous! I was laughing, fixed myself rite away, and went jumping down (we were only supossed to walk, but hey, I asked and they said yes!) so that was great.

Then we all got changed into PT gear (Physical Training, sweat pants and stuff) and played hockey till about 1am. Then I FINALLY got to eat my Subway, and I sat writing fan fic for a while. As always with Exercises, I didn’t’ sleep at all, so that kind of sucked, but oh well. We got up at the ridiculous time of 7am (Usually get up at 5) but we went to sleep at like, 2, so I can understand why the officer’s did that. Then everyone got up and went off to MacDonalds for breakfast! I’m like “No way man!” and ate the other half of my Subway I’d saved from the night before

Then we all went out to this climbing wall in a field by a school that’s right near the armories, and we did the whole “Get your team over the wall” thing. Myself being the tallest one there of course had to be one of the hoister people, so I had people kicking sand all over me, stepping on my head and stuff. Most uncomfortable, but fun.

Then, my favourite, the two sections (my section, and the tied-rank guy’s section) all got armbands. My section yellow, the other’s green. Our mission? Get the other guys’ armbands. *rubs hands evilly* and survive as long as possible.

So I lead my section on ahead, split them into teams of two, and debrief. My partner and I run off up the forest path, and up a hill. We say “Let’s just hide out and survive, if bad guys come along, we’ll try and catch them from behind” So eventually we see a bunch of bad guys go past down the path. Obviously my Section wasn’t doing it’s job and “killing” them! So we’re like “ok, lets try and get them!” so we’re sneaking down the hill, but then MORE bad guys come! They’re entire section! So we’re like “ok maybe not...” so we climb up again a bit, but then he’s like “ok, lets go now!” and I’m like “I dunno man, I don’t think so” but he goes anyways. I stay behind, and see him running like mad down the path, with the whole section after him.

So now I’m alone, but he led away the whole section, so that’s good! I look at my watch, still have over half an hour until the game’s over. So I go find a new spot on the hill in case they come back. I have great fun simply watching them clomping around yelling following them in the general way back to the armories.

With about 20 mins left, I decide to start finding my way back. I go up to the top of the hill, where there’s a fence running the whole way back to the armouries. I’d been up there once before, in the middle of the night, so the only thing I know is that it’ll lead back to the armouries. What I forgot is that it’s COMPLETELY filled in with blackberry and holly bushes! Half of them were bone dry, and cracked like mad underneath me, the other half fresh and snagging on every part of me.

Finally I get in sight of the Amouries, with 10 minutes to spare, so I bunk down in behind a massive bush. Then I hear crackles beside me, and what I thought was the voice of the other Section Commander. So I’m like be one with the fence! So I’m silent and ready to spring. Turns out it was some bloody birds

So when it comes to 10:30 I head back to the armouries, meet the officers outside. They’re like “Oh, *insert name here* you survived!” im’ like “Yeah I did” and they’re like “Yeah, you’re whole section got “killed” and I’m like “Bah!” Then we start talking about the good old days in which we used to have massive full tackle capture the flag type games.

And….yeah, then I got home, and hopped in a boiling hot shower, then found out that the prickle bushes must have got through my combats cause I have cuts and bruises all over me that I didn’t even know I had! Oh well, it was fun. No big hypothermia thing like last time, but hey, I love it!
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Many of us have been disappointed in how Sam's character has been treated in the past two seasons and I wonder how the same writers who got it so right in the first season could get it so wrong in the last two?
                    RE: RCC writing Sam well in Singularity. Yes, in the early seasons these writers wrote Sam well. At that time, they were under the guidance of showrunner Jonathan Glassner as well as Brad Wright.

Now that RCC is showrunner, perhaps we're seeing more of what he himself thinks of Sam. 'Cause, really, I haven't liked his scripts regarding Sam since he became showrunner. IMO he has reduced Sam to her personal life.

Singularity was neat because it showed a softer side of Sam WITHIN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT. And it was neat because it was off the beaten track of the usual stories, so a breath of new air so to speak.

But now RCC (and the show under his showrunning) writes Sam stories that are MOSTLY personal with very little within the work environment.

Similarly, the "Sam in command" storyline would have been great to see unfold within the work environment with her teammates, but it was virtually ignored in favor of Affinity storylines.
                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    they don't necessarily write Stargate Sam in a relationship, but Samantha carter, who happens to be a USAF officer how they'd like to see her acting. I have no issue with showing sam's personal life ...but i'd rather have her personal life be part of an episode, the C plot maybe, rather than plot line A that drives a whole episode
                    Great post! You've named what many of us see as a problem: taking Sam out of her context as SG1 team member/commander and thrusting her into the limelight with her personal life (which, unfortunately, became way too personal way too fast).

I love the way you've framed Singularity - as, yes, this was the best of both worlds: revealing who Sam was beyond SGC but doing it within the arc of development as an SG1 character. Nothing was lost; a lot was gained.

Every point you make is reasonable and I, too, am hoping that S9 brings the original Sam Carter to the foreground once again. With what seems to be happening in all the final episodes for S8, there may be a good chance of that happening.
                    You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned Daniel's black widower curse and the M/F double standard on the show. Daniel has just as much trouble with romance as Sam but it is not made an issue.

Why? Perhaps it's because Sam is female? Don't know but the facts in front of us show 2 lead characters with relatively equal romance trouble, and yet one character's (the male's) troubles are not harped on about and given a story arc to remedy and he is still allowed nonromance storylines while the other's (the female's) is harped on and given a story arc to remedy it to the exclusion (almost) of other story arcs for her.

Anyhoo, here's to a S9 in which Sam's story arcs are back into the scifi of the show!
                    This discussion has zeroed in on the 'issue' very astutely. I actually enjoy seeing the personal side of the main characters, *but* the personal insights and information must be interwoven into the main storyline... or at the least, not detract from it. Over the past couple of seasons, Carter's scenes have been overwhelmed by the personal issues, leaving the other characters to handle the main scifi drama. Add in that TPTB wanted to show some 'vulnerabilties' for Carter... and it added up to too much - and Carter was left out of the cool scifi (and most of the heroic actions).

The comparison with Daniel's character is extremely apt, as their two characters have numerous similarities, both in science/academia and in temperament (they both have heart).

Of note, Chimera and Threads are episodes where almost all of the main content of Carter's scenes were personal soap-opera material... and Daniel's character carried the weight of the cool scifi developments in both of those episodes - adding to the overall rating and appreciation of his character... adding to his status as one of the true legendary heroes of SG-1. I can't fault Daniel-fans for being extremely pleased with Dr. Jackson's character development.

(I'd put Affinity in the same category as Chimera and Threads, but I haven't seen the episode or read the transcript, I've only read synopses and such.)
                    Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I've read that AT wanted the writers to show different sides of Sam. Maybe she wanted personal life. But we don't know if what they came up with is what AT would see for the character.
                    I do remember reading quotes from interviews with AT where she stated that she has never wanted the character of Carter as 'defined' by whether or not she 'had a man'. She's also stated that she thought that Carter getting a boyfriend was a good idea for the balance and health of Carter's overall character - but again, AT didn't feel that this 'boyfriend issue or presence' should ever be a mainline issue for Carter on screen. (I'm using my own words here from what I remember - if anyone has links to interviews where AT talks about this, please post them).

After Season 7 wrapped, I also got the impression (from various interviews) that AT was looking forward to Colonel Carter leading SG-1 in Season 8. Now that Season 8 has finished filming, I'd sure like to know how she feels about how Season 8 portrayed that aspect of Sam.

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    My sense is on most shows, actors have little say about their characters' storylines. It's up to them to portray their characters as honestly as possible within the limits of the scripts they're given. AT is admirable in this department, I think we can all agree.
                    AT strikes me as someone who is able to see the positive sides of what comes along in life. Not like a Polyanna, but as a realist who wants to enjoy life as she lives it.

I could be wrong, but from what I've read of AT interviews, AT seemed to be looking forward to Carter leading and commanding, and I don't think that AT ever wanted to see Sam's scenes become predominantly soap-opera material.

However, AT is able to deal with reality. She's given a script - or rather portions of 2-4 scripts to film over a day - and she just figures out how to handle it to the best of her ability. And with that filming schedule that they have had over the past two years - the actors probably can't do much more than the best acting they can - and then they have to trust the writers and directors to put it all together into positive and intersting episodes and story arcs.

I have a 'mental' candle burning (Keeper of the Flame!) that Season 9 will bring us back on track with Carter's character development.

Kick-ass, competent Carter who has a softer side (and a big heart), but can get the job done anyway! Put her in the front seat of a jet or an X-302 or such! Put her behind the lines with Teal'c - and get them both banged up and dirty... hey - let her save his life... take a bullet for him or some such! Have an episode where she saves some kids or some such... the interaction with the kids would be great - but let her get dirty and banged up and save their lives, don't just make her the mommy figure or some such!

I have countless cool Carter plot ideas... but will wait to post the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Now that I've had time to read most of the latest Stargate Magazine, I thought I'd share more of it with you. The excerpts below are from an article written on set during the filming of SGA's The Siege and SG1's Moebius. Although no author is listed, I believe it was written by Sharon Gosling. It's a lengthy article, but here are some of the parts I think might be of interest to Samandans. Be warned, there are minor spoilers for Moebius.NC

Thanks so much for all this, it was great

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      <blushes furiously> Glad you're enjoying it.

Whoohoo! Royal Scribe! Wow, words fail me....

Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

Okay, as sung to the tune of It's a small world after all:

It's a thread of laughter
                      A thread of cheer
                      We post all our hopes
                      And some of our fears
                      There's so much that we share
                      It's because we're aware
                      This is Sam's thread after all

There is just one Forum
                      And one golden thread
                      And blue Jello is free
                      To ev-er-y friend
                      Though the fandom divide
                      This thread will abide
                      'Cause it's Sam's thread after all

Sing it with me!

*clap clap* beautiful, beautiful!!!!

Let it be known that this wonderful song is Henceforth The National Anthem of Samanda

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Cheers for the new Royal Head of Security for Samanda, the ever vigilant, ever protective, ever loyal Agent Dark!!

Wise A** Elder
                      *Raises glass to Agent Dark* Welcome to the Royal Court, may you forever keep this land safe and good!

Coley, Re/ THE OH YEA WE SAY TIMES.

BRILLIANCE!!!
                      Dear Madam President

It has come to my attention that one of our most humble and grateful Samandans has yet to be nominated to the Royal Court.

This young woman would never take it upon herself to seek fame or attention, so I hereby request that you, in your benevolence, bestow a fair and fitting title. Perhaps royal page or lady-in-waiting?

I welcome your decision on this matter and will gladly vote "yea" in favor of whichever position you choose to confer upon Deepspace.

Sincerely,

Court Jester
                      Hear ye Hear ye, let it be known henceforth that Deepspace is officially the Royal Page, Lady-in-Waiting of the Court of Samanada. Let her youthful intelligence, wit, and such inspire us all!

Originally posted by DeepSpace
                      deepspace

... Well, unless you’re 17 or younger, no, your not the youngest!

It is amazing to be here with all you guys. I can’t help but keep saying that, because it is so true. Thanks for accepting me as one of the gang.
                      Yup, I'm the youngest one here...

Re/All the new discussions. I feel so bad that i've missed all the latest great comments, but they were all brilliant. I love this thread!!!!!

POST 500!!!!!
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Deepspace where are you?
                        Don't seem to be able to PM you.
                        Been missing your posts which I find interesting, thoughful and thought provoking!!
                        Hope you're OK!!

Comment

I do remember reading quotes from interviews with AT where she stated that she has never wanted the character of Carter as 'defined' by whether or not she 'had a man'. She's also stated that she thought that Carter getting a boyfriend was a good idea for the balance and health of Carter's overall character - but again, AT didn't feel that this 'boyfriend issue or presence' should ever be a mainline issue for Carter on screen. (I'm using my own words here from what I remember - if anyone has links to interviews where AT talks about this, please post them).
                          exactly.

originally, AT's issues were sam becoming 'jack's girl'....but in affinity and chimera she became Pete's Girl. part of what sam was and how she acted was defined by her relationship with Pete.
                          AT didn't want her character's social life to be the focus of the show....yet that's just what it became

even ignoring the whole hot button topic of the Pete Situation, pete's presence was a defining force in Sam's life and a singular focus in 2.5 episodes (chimera and affinity and then part of threads)

what she was so afraid of happening with Sam and Jack is precisely what happened with sam and pete

because of that, folks spent a lot less time actually discussing sam as CO of sg-1 and discussing sam as half of a couple
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

From the moment Sam walked into the briefing room in Children of the Gods I knew there was something special about her! Watching alot of Sci-Fi adventure series you sorta get used to strong female characters fortunately for me Sam stood out among the rest! It is that slight difference, that she's not afraid to cry makes her in my heart a real person, a person i strive to be! Some call it obsessive i call it determined. The character of Sam has given me the confidence and self-belief that no matter how hard life is you can always make it through!
                            I'd like to congratulate Amanda Tapping for her portrayl of this wonderful character and to also say THANK GOD PETE HAS GONE!!! Sam and Jack all the way!

In addition i would like to thank MajorSam for telling me of this thread and would like to congratulate you all on the Sacred Kingdom of Samanda, keep up the good work
                            Last edited by Majorsamcarteroneill; 20 February 2005, 01:01 PM.
                            Sam and Jack Shipper!

How do you know when a mans gonna say something smart he begins....." a woman once told me"

Comment

Yes, AT does great with what she's given. And yes, AT did joke around about "wanting a boyfriend that didn't die". But it would've been nice to be a boyfriend within the show, such as bringing back the Tollan guy or something rather than a cop friend of her brother's??!

Actually, I would have looooovvvved it if they'd pursued her with Major Barrett. I loooovvved their interactions. They were professional equals and worked well together. It could have segued easily into after hours IMO.

hrh

I totally agree with you in regards to the choices TPTB made in regards to Sam's personal relationships. I've been a fan of SG1 since it's beginnings but up until last year I never saw any ship in the show. Granted four years ago when the writers started to really delve into the attraction between Sam and Jack I was pregnant with my daughter and my attention wasn't really focused on the show during season 4 so I inadvertantly missed or subconciously ignored all the shippy moments.

I liked Narim, Orlin, Martouf, ... I even really liked Barret (I also agree he and Sam had great chemistry together). In all honesty, Amanda is so wonderful that you can see a comfort level between her and nearly all of the men she's had to work with. I could easily see a relationship develop with any of them and be believable. However, the writers chose to kill each one off.

I think that's what bothers me the most about the relationship between Sam and Jack. As much as I adore the idea of seeing them together, there have been times when I totally abhor how the writers forced a wedge between the SG members after season four. The once easy, laid-back and comfortable relationship these four people had became awkward and full of insecurities.

This was not only in the case of Sam/Jack but also with Sam/Daniel and Jack/Daniel. Teal'c was the only one to me who remained constant in his loyalties to his three friends. Granted a lot has happened to these four characters over the past eight years and one can not expect that any person could live through so much and not be changed (mentally, emotionally and spiritually if not physically).

Over the past two years, we've slowly seen a nice portion of that comraderie come back, but it's still falls short of where it once was. I know AT has often commented that she wanted Sam to be known as more than Jack's girl, or any man's woman for that matter. I truly wish the writers could learn to understand that women are capable of having loving relationships with a significant other and still be strong and independent women.

I love my husband, he completes my life. Where my own personal attributes are lacking, his are complimentary and vice versa making each of us a better person. It's not a manipulative or controlling relationship, which I totally felt was the case with Sam and Pete.

I enjoyed the first 10 minutes of Chimera. I thought seeing Sam experience life through her new relationship with Pete was actually sweet. He treated her not as a Major in the USAF, nor as a scientist, but simply as a woman. Regardless of how wonderful someone's job is, I doubt there is a female alive who doesn't enjoy feeling desirable on occassion. To expect Sam to be any different would be idiotic. Sam is nearly forty years old, I don't believe her questioning the direction she has taking in her left to be untrue to Sam's character. At some point even someone like Sam would wonder if she was giving up too much for her job and at least want to experience that which she was lacking.

However, I detested how the writers portrayed Pete at the end of the Chimera, nor have I care for where they took his character in any of the other episodes. They had a great opportunity to really put Sam into a wonderful relationship but from day one I felt nothing more than sadness and pity for Sam.

As much as I want to see a resolution between Sam and Jack, I hope more than anything thing that Sam is finally allowed to be in a truly loving relationship: where she respected and trusted. But more importantly where she can be strong, independent and openly happy for once in her life.

/* Stepping down from soap box */

ForeverSG1

Comment

Just noticed MajorSam and Astrogeologist's mega posts.

Looking forward to reading about MajorSam's weekend escapades and Astrogeologist's wonderful comments on all things Sam.

But right now suffering from too much alcohol intake. All in a good cause I hasten to add!

A bottle of "Hen's Tooth Ale" (Yes it really does exist!!!) 6.5% vol - brewed in the Flatlands of Surrey and drunk in celebration of official Awards confimation. Plus as a fond celebration to my friends across the pond how could I resist a bottle of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale - 6.8% vol. Just brings me a little closer to you folks!!

Anyways thanks to my unwavering dedication to all thnigs oops! Samandan, I am now struggling to read posts and see keyboard.

Will return when in a more respectable state. Heartfelt regards to everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X