Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    *has heart attack at thought of Sam on honeymoon with

If that were ever to happen, which I doubt...I would just die. Heart attack on the spot and DIE

Spoiler:
    Pete just has to go away. He just plain CAN'T marry Sam, it just won't happen! And then, kudos to RDA in the Lowdown "They actually might just get together! And then there's a twist!"

So maybe she's off with Jack
    Spoiler:
    Fixing this "twist"

If she's with Jack in any capacity, I can die happy. If she's with I will die much to young, if you get what I mean.

Regarding the Sam and Janet discussion which I seem to have totally missed

I loved the friendship incredibly. It shows their softer sides, the fact that they DO have lives. It showed some great female teamwork (Hathor) and just... It was a special thing, their friendship, especially because of Cassie and everything. I was SOOO mad at Heroes when they just brushed off Cassie. As well I was kinda peeved how they made it all about "ooh, did Jack die!?" and then just said "Nope it was Janet"

I think after all the years they could have had the suspense about Janet to interest people than having the great and powerful Jack's life in danger once again.

Although the Jack thing did lead to a beautiful Sam/Jack scene...
    MajorSam...we can't give up hope on S&J! Now I'm worried!

I loved watching Sam and Janet interact with each other, they are perfectly balanced. Both characters are smart and well respected, even Jack liked the Doc. I wasn't to happy when TPTB went and played "the character death" card...I think it was to boost ratings and ensure a S8.

Comment

Some OT banter first ...

To AmberMoon - congrats on the Pats but my heart is heavy. I grew up in Eaglesville (Philly town) and it was a tough loss after waiting 24 years to get to another Super Bowl! At least it was a hard-fought game: 24-21 ... and we'll just have to meet again next year in Detroit!

To MajorSam - your long interview on "acting as a career" leads me to believe that you are part of the Women in Film and Video or similar Canadian group of young women in the arts in which AT is involved as a mentor. Am I right? I hope you'll be able to share the interview with us, eventually. And good luck with your future career if that's where you're headed.

To Sam and Janet fans - one of my favorite episodes was 2010 when Janet questioned Sam about her married life with Joe and then ran further tests and had to tell Sam that she could not have children ... that was so well acted by both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Some OT banter first ...

To AmberMoon - congrats on the Pats but my heart is heavy. I grew up in Eaglesville (Philly town) and it was a tough loss after waiting 24 years to get to another Super Bowl! At least it was a hard-fought game: 24-21 ... and we'll just have to meet again next year in Detroit!

To MajorSam - your long interview on "acting as a career" leads me to believe that you are part of the Women in Film and Video or similar Canadian group of young women in the arts in which AT is involved as a mentor. Am I right? I hope you'll be able to share the interview with us, eventually. And good luck with your future career if that's where you're headed.

To Sam and Janet fans - one of my favorite episodes was 2010 when Janet questioned Sam about her married life with Joe and then ran further tests and had to tell Sam that she could not have children ... that was so well acted by both of them.
        OT but Thanks ChopinGal! I completely understand...I'm also a Red Sox fan and you understand "the drought"...86 years was a long time to wait for a championship. Hopefully next year will be the year for Philly.

I enjoyed the character "Janet"...for someone to start out as a small recurring character, she took over whatever ep she was in. You could also see the friendship between AT & TR...it definitely came out thru their portrayal of their characters.

In 2010...TPTB wrote that scene perfectly for those two characters and as you say, they were well portrayed by the actors.

Comment

I just read the most recent Joe Mallozzi posts and, hopefully, his omission of the word "honeymoon" when he answered was just an omission, and nothing more. He may have been scrolling through quickly and answering as many fan questions as he could ... so he just grabbed "vacation" and replied.

Obviously, the scripts have been written for first few episodes and shooting starts just about now, doesn't it? So que sera, sera ... what will be, will be.

I hope we are getting something worthy of Carter being off base that long and, LOL, I agree with many of you on this thread, that the only "honeymoon" worthy as a plot device would be taken off-world with Jack!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            ok, so i see why some of these got lots of votes...but some got none...but sam was in them

anyone have any comments about the low vote getters?

such as Enemy Within, true, sam wasn't the focus, but she was an integral part of it. like when she tried to stop kawalsky and got taken hostage

the nox only got two votes,but i did like sam's scenes with nafreau and her part in the tussle with the jaffa

in brief candle she was also an integral paret of the team, even working to help fix jack

in bloodlines, well she was jsut kinda there. did you notice how the guys sorta gathered around teal'c when it was 'guy time' and sam was sorta left out?

in cor-ai, she and jack argued for teal'c, then got to go and shoot up jaffa

anyone have some other moments from the less popular sam eps??
            I've just finished rewatching the first season over the last couple of weeks, so I'll mention a couple of things I noticed from some of those "less popular" episodes.

In Cold Lazarus,there's that cute scene in the locker room when Carter is talking to the fake O'Neill and mentions that she's an "auntie" and that she misses her niece and nephew. Then of course Sam's reaction to her image popping out of the blue crystal is fun. "Holy Hannah!"

chocdoc mentioned the interaction between Sam and Janet in Fire and Water, which was great. Amanda got to show her acting abilities in that ep, from the shock at the beginning, to her distress when hypnotized and realizing they'd left Daniel behind.

Something interesting I noticed in Bloodlines was a bit of a role reversal between Sam and Daniel. After Jack orders them to return to the gate, Sam, who's usually by the book, is the one who decides to go exploring instead. Later, Sam speaks against killing the gouald larva, but Daniel shoots them anyway. There's also some good action Sam in the episode.

Torment of Tantalus - my favorite Sam moment there is her reaction to naked Ernest - "Oh my!"

There But for the Grace of God - I'm not a big fan of the AU Sams we've seen so far. Is it just me, or do they seem a little wimpy compared to "our" Sam? Maybe it's the hair.

Within the Serpent's Grasp - I didn't realize that Sam was the first of the team(other than Teal'c) to shoot a zat, and she shot twice, without hesitation, knowing it would kill. It showed she could kill if necessary.

There's also a great scene showing Carter as a good second in command. Jack wants to go after Klorel(Skaara) and she points out that he may be acting emotionally. He maintains that it's the right strategic choice as well. Her next response is "contingency plan?" She's gently reminding him of his responsiblity.

NC

Comment

and the winner is, with 149 votes cast

drumroll: brrrr rrrrr rrrrrr rrrrr rrrr

Singularity!!!!

The top three were Singularity, Solitudes and Hathor

Skydiver - Thanks so much for creating and overseeing the poll!
              And thanks to everyone for participating and posting such wonderful and insightful comments!

Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

MAJORSAM---I would love to read your interview with Amanda and i fully understand you're need to ask her permission to post it here, you're a
                very lucky person to have meet her, i'm going to meet her along with my husband for the fist time at Gabitevents which leads me onto something else i want to ask of all of you here

I work in a local museum in the UK and i'm wondering if anyone would like a meet-up in the
                museum at some point in the future? The curator
                has ok this and as i'm a key holder we can come
                and go as we like, it would be on a Saturday around lunch time onwards as i can then finish work then and meet you from then on.
                This is somthing that i had talked to Gipsy about and she liked the idea, so what do you all think?
                If interested i'll email you with more details about museum and place
                ......TARA......

Comment

Astrogeologist - thanks for the solitudes piccis link - they did come up - eventually!!! You did well to catch those clips of the fall!!! Many thanks

Many thanks to all of you who posted about Tok'ra Pts 1 and 2 and Matter Of Time - I watched them last night and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Re Jacks snarkiness in MOT - to be fair to the chap he did look a little sheepish after biting her head off when they were with Teal'c in the infirmary, and Sam I'm sure picked up on it, though AT did an amazing job of expressing a little bit of that - but also the fact she was still a little cheesed at the snappiness of everyone. I'm sometimes amazed at the variety of emotions she can portray in just a few seconds!! I could also understand Jacks annoyance when she wanted to continue watching the video of the black hole complete with SG team being torn apart. I think Sam was as dissapointed with herself as Jack was - once Jack pointed it out. I also loved the scene with Teal'c in the tent - and had completely forgotton about that. So thanks to everyone for the reminder of great episodes to rewatch!!

I'm game for a meet up - as long as it is easy to get to - By train - or dare I say car?!!!

ChopinGal - I'm on a mainline into London, so no problem with getting to London by train - I'm assuming that all the track repairs will have been completed by next Nov - it is murder getting to London at weekends at the moment - and other times for that matter!! The journey is on average about 3 and a half hours, but at the mo about 5 with bus tranfers and train changes - thats if you can get a train at all!!!
                  I shall try to enquire about tickets to Gabbit!!

Lots of interesting takes on the season 2 episodes, as usual I'm sat here nodding my head and smiling at stuff that I hadn't actually thought of, but agree with!! - If that makes sense?

MajorSam - you seem to have many strings to your bow!! You keep it up and hopefully you will get what it is you want most!!

Comment

Amanda most deffinately was amazing in that episode where she found out that she couldn't have children. Her facial expression was heartbreaking and the way she delivered her lines was perfect.

I loved the scene in that episode where they were in the Aschen lab where Sam worked and were looking at birth statistics on the screen and discovered that the birth rate was really low. I loved their acting there. When Janet practically pleaded with Sam to turn what they had found off the screen it was just heartbreaking. The way Teryl delivered that line was so moving. It was like she was so pained to have in front of her what proved that the Aschen had an ulterior motive and something which made her realise she too had been affected by the Aschen and her chance of having children had been taken away by them.

The two actresses always played off each other really well and had some beautiful scenes together. I loved that friendship in the show. Its something that I really miss now.

Lucy

Comment

my fave part aboutcold lazarus was the sam/daniel bit in the gateroom, where they get teal'c to fire off hsi staff weapon, then when hammond wonders what the hell is going on and alarms go off
                      teal'c asks : surely you attained permission for me to fire my staff weapon (or something like that) and sam and daniel look guiltily at each other and go
                      yeah, sure

and both retreat quickly

it's so cute and funny
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                        MAJORSAM---I would love to read your interview with Amanda and i fully understand you're need to ask her permission to post it here, you're a
                        very lucky person to have meet her, i'm going to meet her along with my husband for the fist time at Gabitevents which leads me onto something else i want to ask of all of you here

I work in a local museum in the UK and i'm wondering if anyone would like a meet-up in the
                        museum at some point in the future? The curator
                        has ok this and as i'm a key holder we can come
                        and go as we like, it would be on a Saturday around lunch time onwards as i can then finish work then and meet you from then on.
                        This is somthing that i had talked to Gipsy about and she liked the idea, so what do you all think?
                        If interested i'll email you with more details about museum and place
                        Wow - I'm impressed - you work with Ancients' artifacts!

I'll be interested, yes, *if* any extracurricular activities don't interfere with the GABIT events at the hotel ... to be decided later. But keep me included in the planning stages.

CG

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

I'm game for a meet up - as long as it is easy to get to - By train - or dare I say car?!!!

ChopinGal - I'm on a mainline into London, so no problem with getting to London by train - I'm assuming that all the track repairs will have been completed by next Nov - it is murder getting to London at weekends at the moment - and other times for that matter!! The journey is on average about 3 and a half hours, but at the mo about 5 with bus tranfers and train changes - thats if you can get a train at all!!!
                          I shall try to enquire about tickets to Gabbit!!

MajorSam - you seem to have many strings to your bow!!
                          First of all, you've provided another lovely British idiom above - in the states, we usually say "you've got a lot on your plate" ... Well, not a perfect translation ... but close enough!

I'm hoping that a) you get tickets to GABIT and just join us for the weekend at the hotel and b) the track repairs are finished and you don't have to drive a car - I've experienced London traffic!

Look forward to meeting you and our other Samandans from this thread.

Comment

Wow - I'm impressed - you work with Ancients' artifacts!

I'll be interested, yes, *if* any extracurricular activities don't interfere with the GABIT events at the hotel ... to be decided later. But keep me included in the planning stages.

CG
                            OK I thought sometime in June or July so should'nt get in the way of Amanda's event so i
                            should see you at one or the other if not both.
                            The museum is in Basingstoke Hampshire and it's
                            a lovely museum that houses among other things a mammoths tusk!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              MajorSam - you seem to have many strings to your bow!! You keep it up and hopefully you will get what it is you want most!!
                              Thank you so much, although I don't even know for sure what I want most... because last time I checked obsessing over Stargate don't pay the bills!
                              my fave part aboutcold lazarus was the sam/daniel bit in the gateroom, where they get teal'c to fire off hsi staff weapon, then when hammond wonders what the hell is going on and alarms go off
                              teal'c asks : surely you attained permission for me to fire my staff weapon (or something like that) and sam and daniel look guiltily at each other and go
                              yeah, sure

and both retreat quickly

it's so cute and funny
                              Beautiful Beautiful scene, It's one of my faves. The classic Sg-1 team sillyness. *sigh* I miss it

To all you guys going to GABIT- GRRRRRRRR

I want to go to that SOOOO badly, but, of course, I can't. I've always depended on GateCon, and now tjhat THAT'S gone to the dogs, and this other big thing in April seems to not have day passes...*huddles in corner* I don't know what convention i'll next be able to go to! *sob*

I hope you people all have a brilliant wonderful fabulous time, say "HI" to Amanda from me, and take lots and lots and lots of pictures!!!
                              Originally posted by tara3583
                              a lovely museum that houses among other things a mammoths tusk!
                              Ooh, Mammoths! MOOOOOOOO.

Oh, no, wait a sec...
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

To all you guys going to GABIT- GRRRRRRRR

I want to go to that SOOOO badly, but, of course, I can't. I've always depended on GateCon, and now tjhat THAT'S gone to the dogs, and this other big thing in April seems to not have day passes...*huddles in corner* I don't know what convention i'll next be able to go to! *sob*
                                you're not alone. Gabit is literally the ONLY con in my future. Gatecon is scheduled the only week i cant' get off, and i will not patronize Creation (anyway, i'd only consider going if amanda was there. I've seen MS twice, Cj once, DSD 4 times and....hey, you heard one story, you heard them all. sure ain't worth shelling out a ton of money to keep hearing the same stories over and over)

You might want to check out gatecon. Just because the 'big three' likely won't be there doesnt' mean it wont be fun. Sometimes the less popular actors are more fun and more accessible than the popular ones. Case in point, one year Corin bought the members of his fan club a drink, yet you can't get within 10 feet of MS or AT or CJ outside of the photo room
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X