Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    It's really good. Since Candy canes are supposed to be peppermint they go really well with chocolate and fabulous in hot cocoa.
    Cool. Must try then

That's because you got it with coffee. Coffee and chocolate shouldn't be mixed...it ruins the flavor of the CHOCOLATE!
    Sam seems to like mochachinos though. Pedicures, mochachinos and Victoria's Secrets.
    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
      Cool. Must try then

Sam seems to like mochachinos though. Pedicures, mochachinos and Victoria's Secrets.
      Yes you must it's good. ;D ETA: don't use too much of a candy cane or it will be sickly sweet. You want just enough to give a hint of the peppermint.

As for Sam...I still love her...cause she rides a hog!
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Congrats on the job, Neep!

Comment

Originally posted by vball2003_1999 View Post
          Coming out of lurkdome to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would be dying of happiness if I were you! Do you have a link to your video somewhere so I can watch it?

Oh yea...Hi everyone! I'm Danielle, and Amanda Tapping is my favorite actress of all time, even though I only discovered her about 6 months ago when I became obsessed with Stargate. You can find me on the Sam/Jack ship thread most of the time, It's a fun place to play!

ETA: Why can't I green you?
          Welcome to Samanda! Glad you delurked. Now...hang on. *shuffles through boxes* Just need to find that glue to paste yourself firmly to this thread. j/k Hope you join in on the silly fun and post lots and lots!

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
          Hi everyone... I was watching The Lost City for the first time in aaaages yesterday and I was inspired to make this sig... it's not quite what I'd originally planned, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Ooh! Kinda reminds me of the Christmas lights I see one everyone's homes on my ride home from work. Nice job!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          SECRET SANTA !!!

Only 3 days till the deadline so people get your Secret Santa in!!! There are still a lot of people who haven't gotten it in so... please send it my way when finished!!! and also let me know when you can't finish in time!! thanks

SECRET SANTA !!!
          Yup! PM sent your way. *sigh*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          cute fic alert

http://fyere.livejournal.com/1712.html

sam, daniel, cameron, vala, tela'c and a kitten...wrapping christmas gifts
          *reads for desperately needed inspiration* j/k Thanks!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          <snip>
          I had to share this t shirt with you all...will be getting it for my mum for Christmas (soon as I get paid)...she is really going to love it and I think it is absolutely brilliant!
          http://www.zazzle.com/be_rational_ge...65227333029868
          meh...it's all math to me. You know what that means.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          In even more off topic news...

I GOT THE JOB! *hugs everyone for the support*

My new employers Woot for doing something with real benefit to society
          YAY! Well done on the new job!

I have soooo many friends that could really use this too. Nasty smoking. bleugh.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hi Everyone,

*posting with hangover, had Christmas night in with my carers last night we got very, very drunk*
          hehe...Glad you had an awesome time last night.

My night will consist of a few drinks with friends as well, but hopefully not the hangover cos I really need my wits about me in the morning. I got a very important appointment with my lawyer. *sigh* Going out tonight will be just one small way to forget...a bit. Send some positive thoughts my way if ya think about it. Sure could use it.

Comment

Congratulations on the job NZNeep.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Not too smart I hope... Good thing the Goa'uld never thought of this:

LOL The sad thing is that it really might work

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              We're heading for a top today of 34C...which is 93.3F or 307.15 Kelvin...hehe...the geek in me has escaped...hehe!!
              Note: watch out for people on the other side of busy roads holding up signs...

Hehe. Yay for warm bedding. I love my blankets =)

Lol to the BBQ in the snow. Do you sit there with the beers all shoved in the snow? That would be so cool!
              But of course! The BBQ season at our house went for roughly 360 days of the year

YAY! Well done on the new job!

Congrats to...
              ...MegYn on your anniversary!!! Go you
              ...Oooooooooober on your top ten placement and upcoming Tappination! *does lil happy dance*
              ...Neep on getting your new job! Woohoo

...and now I'm tired of waiting up to see if my sis is going to come online to chat, so I'm gonna call it a night. G'nite all!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

a lot of our ice melted yesterday. it was kinda cool..the trees were raining while the sun was shining.
                but
                and there had to be a but
                there's a forecast calling for 4-8 inches of snow starting later on tonight
                No pun intended huh Sky...kinda cool????
                I love snow!!!
                i doubt it'll stick around for christmas.
                it's actually odd for us to have this weather at this time. usually nov/dec are dry and cold and 'winter' as most perceive it doensn't hit until jan/feb.
                we get a white christmas on average once every 5 years or so. and it's actually rare for us to get snow that sticks around. I think we can average about a foot of snow over the winter,but it's an inch here, inch there, snows monday and is melted by wednesday morning
                we've jsut been socked this week. Wide spread ice storm (some wont' get tehir power back until the end of the month they say) and now another storm heading for us.
                we'll see if we actually get all the snow they're calling for. we were supposed to get a half inch of ice tuesday and only got a quarter inch. Not that i'm complaining, i just mean that what they forecast and what happens are usually two separate things
                Kansas in the winter is usually cold and dry
                We got two storms last year, christmas and new years and we drove out to document them in january adn for the first time in my life - that i can recall - the whole state was white from border to border.
                but that storm was rather extraordinary in that we were out there a full 2-3 weeks after the snow and got caught in a ground blizzard - basically no snow was falling but it was blowing so much that the roads were drifting shut
                that storm made it into the record books
                Ooooh...chilly!!! I'm not so sure now that I would want to live in the snow...but then ask me again when we have a heat wave!!
                Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                Speaking of which, last night I actually sent a letter to Amanda Tapping from that e-mail. I and a lot of people got here . I was so nervous, ah. But I actually did it. I actually spoke from the heart. I told her I think she's great, I'm glad she won those awards for SG1 and Sanctuary, and more. I even wrote it first on mircosoft word to make sure the spelling was right (taking no chances). Then I e-mailed it from that e-mail we got "[email protected]". But the one thing I have to know is, after I send it, nothing happened. I mean aren't I supposed to get some kind of confirmation or something, since I know we get those if the e-mail is rejected. Anyway, a friend said I should try here to find out for sure if it went through or not. Because believe it or not, I'd actually like to sent her a letter in the mail.
                I did the same thing so I'm hoping that was the right thing to do...I think last time Kamil actually had a link to take you to the right place...but I understand he is a little swamped at the moment with RL...as we all are...the best thing about Christmas day is when you sit down and it's all over...no more stress about cards and presents...just time to sit and drink...or in my case...work my little tushi off!!
                Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hi Everyone,
                *posting with hangover, had Christmas night in with my carers last night we got very, very drunk*
                Julia(samcarterrules)
                Hehe...gad you had fun Julia!! I just had a vision of all of us Samandans getting a wee bit tipsy at AT4....I just have to try and envision Amanda joining us in our celebrating with jelly shots and....what do we all prefer to drink???
                what would be the general preference?
                sam and teyla friendship
                Ladies of Atlantis Friendship
                Maybe tonight when i can get to LJ i'll put up a poll
                I think I'd be happy for the Ladies of Atlantis...sorry Mandy...it's just that I think it would be nice to incorporate Keller into the fold!
                Yes you must it's good. ;D ETA: don't use too much of a candy cane or it will be sickly sweet. You want just enough to give a hint of the peppermint.
                As for Sam...I still love her...cause she rides a hog!
                Sam rides a pig???? ...
                So with the candy cane thingy and the hot chocolate...how do you make it??
                Sounds very yummy!!!

So...I'm jumping out now...have to be ready for a Christmas bbq soon...it's raining...yay...I love the wet stuff when it falls from those fluffy things in the sky...it's gonna make the bbq awfully wet though!! I think I'm gonna be more bummed if Carols by Candlelight gets washed out...it's the only chance I have at attending one this year!!!
                Night night everyone, take care, be safe and have fun!!
                (((Samanda)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Note: watch out for people on the other side of busy roads holding up signs...
                  ...and now I'm tired of waiting up to see if my sis is going to come online to chat, so I'm gonna call it a night. G'nite all!
                  Uhm...what??? Ok...so maybe I'm not as geeky as I'd like to be!!
                  Gee...if you wanted to chat to someone all you had to do was ask!!!
                  Night Ames...have a great weekend!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What is a mochachino?

(Note: I've never been in a Starbuck's, though I've purchased their breakfast coffee at the grocery store. Very good.)

Comment

what would be the general preference?

sam and teyla friendship

Ladies of Atlantis Friendship

Maybe tonight when i can get to LJ i'll put up a poll
                      Teyla and Sam. I don't know the others much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                        Uhm...what??? Ok...so maybe I'm not as geeky as I'd like to be!!
                        Gee...if you wanted to chat to someone all you had to do was ask!!!
                        Night Ames...have a great weekend!!
                        post 82,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we soooo rock
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

pass the word amongst atlantis writers/readers
                          http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/
                          teh poll is open

and please remember, if 'ladies of atlantis' is the choice, when you sign up to write you can say 'i only want to write....'

same if femslash is allowed. you can choose not to read/write it

just because it's allowed doesn't mean it's mandatory
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

post 82,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we soooo rock
                            YAY!!! *licks Chelle* we totally rock!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment