No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's more packages that are the problem rather than cards. Last year I sent my mom's card and pressies to South Africa two weeks before Christmas (not knowing there was a time limit), the card arrived within the week but the gift arrived mid January. Packages to SA, Aus, and NZ from the UK need to be in the mail by the 7th. So I think as long as we post cards next week they should reach their destination wherever that may be.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Thanks to Samanda from jckfan: Spoilers for OT:
      Spoiler:
      I haven't known whether/how to mention this, but given the many supportive messages I got back when I mentioned my dad's illness I decided I should update you. Dad lost his fight and passed away. I know he did appreciate the kind words and thoughts from the Samandans. Of course I didn't tell him we had a name--he thought it was odd enough that I spent all this time on a Stargate site! Though I think he thought AT was a bit of a "looker" the few times we did watch SG1. Seriously, he was a special and non-judgmental guy. And I think he did think it was kind of cool that I chatted with people from around the world. Hope this wasn't a "downer" as they used to say, but I did want to say thanks for the support.
      --jckfan
      (((((jckfan55)))))

Kay aka Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post before I head off to bed

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        if it's any consolation, i haven't done secret santa either

i have an idea, just no time
        I got my Secret Santa started today so one (almost) down, one to go
        Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
        Happy Birthday Melora!!
        Ditto from me!

And...

(((((((jckfan)))))))) my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Night folks,

(((((((((Samanda's)))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

question:

where do you guys want the samanda plot bunnies posted? on LJ or on a thread in Fanfiction?

I know some of you don't play on LJ, so would you rather have stuff here where it can be discussed and played with?

teh fic can't be posted here but you can discuss the prompts and the like
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

okeedokee, i just sent out the addresses for the cards. If you didn't get them, let me know. I just want to make sure that i don't miss anyone
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
              I have got to start my christmas shopping this weekend and i still dont know what get it's so hard to decied these day's and i've got to do christmas card's to send to family over sea's

Also i have done the next part of my web 9 part 6 and THE TRUE SCIENCE OF STARGATE is on ,on saterday yay i cant wait to see it

I soooo wanna meet Amanda i wish i was going to AT3 but ive already stared saving for AT4
              heh...I havent started saving but if your going i'll definitely see you there! Nothing will keep me from the proverbial AT4.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              Happy Birthday Melora!!
              Can't beat a rainbowy of birthday greetings!

Hope it was an awesome day for you Melora!

Spoiler:
              I haven't known whether/how to mention this, but given the many supportive messages I got back when I mentioned my dad's illness I decided I should update you. Dad lost his fight and passed away. I know he did appreciate the kind words and thoughts from the Samandans. Of course I didn't tell him we had a name--he thought it was odd enough that I spent all this time on a Stargate site! Though I think he thought AT was a bit of a "looker" the few times we did watch SG1. Seriously, he was a special and non-judgmental guy. And I think he did think it was kind of cool that I chatted with people from around the world. Hope this wasn't a "downer" as they used to say, but I did want to say thanks for the support.
              --jckfan
              My thoughts are definitely with you during this time. *hugs*

hey guys, check out gatewomen
              http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/

the authors' names are up

so go and solve the mystery of who wrote what
              whee...finally the mysteries are revealed!

i don't know to be honest. I've mailed cards before later than dec 1 and had htem arrive, it's usually packages that take longer.

If folks would rather, i can send out the lists tonight so they can get them in the mail as soon as possible
              Got mine! Thanks!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              I think it's more packages that are the problem rather than cards. Last year I sent my mom's card and pressies to South Africa two weeks before Christmas (not knowing there was a time limit), the card arrived within the week but the gift arrived mid January. Packages to SA, Aus, and NZ from the UK need to be in the mail by the 7th. So I think as long as we post cards next week they should reach their destination wherever that may be.
              eep! Now i gotta get busy picking out the most insane cards i can find...and this week too if what you say is true. *adds to to-do list and ties string around finger*

Ot..
              Spoiler:
              I had the most fantastic day. This awesome girl from work I've got my eye on is totally available and I'm loving it. She told me she broke up with her gf last night after we had gone out to eat which of course I know doesnt mean a thing. Just saying. We're going out Tuesday and she promised to buy the first beer so I'm totally cool with that.

Went out with three of my friends from work tonight which was great too. Totally happy I made it home safe but quite frustrated that my fingers just wont hit the right keys right now. Backspaced too many times to count...though I don't think I could keep track of anything right now.

Off to veg and wear this stupor off. Night all!

Comment

Also off topic
                Spoiler:
                I went out bowling with my workmates last night and I developed a new boy crush and a new girl crush. Yay.

She was a bit tipsy and kept touching my hair and telling me how gorgeous it is... I'm a blonde again!

Oh, and my sister just made me pluck her eyebrows for her. She got a bag of frozen peas to hold to her face and whimpered the whole time.

Hehe, to be back on topic... look at those gorgeous brows!

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

okeedokee, i just sent out the addresses for the cards. If you didn't get them, let me know. I just want to make sure that i don't miss anyone
                  Got them!!
                  Glad I got to join last minute Haven't been online much, so i have some serious catching up to do..

Comment

NC

Comment

HI (WAVES)

I saw THE TRUE SCIENCE OF STARGATE today it was so cool my mum watched it with me and as i watched it with her she pointed out the profeser from Warrick University she told me that my uncle knows the profesor as he is also a profesor there when she told me i was like OMG thats so cool .

I saw the trailer for THIS MORTAL COIL it looks very cool
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

question:
                        where do you guys want the samanda plot bunnies posted? on LJ or on a thread in Fanfiction?
                        I know some of you don't play on LJ, so would you rather have stuff here where it can be discussed and played with?
                        teh fic can't be posted here but you can discuss the prompts and the like
                        I'd answer but have no idea what you are talking about!!...Plot bunnies???
                        I gots em!!! Holy Hannah Charlie...I could drop yours in to your house...Niki's dance concert is at Aquinas...right behind you!!! She goes to Ringwood Secondary!! How close to me you are!!!!!...ok...I think I'm channeling Yoda!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        --jckfan
                        Spoiler:
                        (((Jckfan)))...I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family.

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                        Ditto from me too!!!!

I just spent almost the entire day with mara-anni from the ship thread today and it was awesome!!
                        Spoiler:
                        We pretty much spent most of the time chatting and drinking coffee at Starbucks!!...and running the gauntlet to the loo...it was like going on a mission through the gate to find a loo in Melbourne!!! Then we had dinner and headed back to the station to catch our respective trains home again. I had so much fun. It was such a nice change from the rest of the week. We talked a lot about the ship and Amanda and Rick and Stargate and our families!!!...she's awesome!!! I hated to have to go home but catching a train at 9pm from Melbourne isn't exactly fun...thankfully we had 3 security guards on my carriage...I think the worst part was when the train felt as though it was gonna jump the tracks...and I wasn't the only one who felt it...that and the freaky people kinda kept me awake on the journey home!!...I was so relieved to hop into my car and drive the short distance to my house...now I'm home and rip roaring and ready to get caught up here in GW!! Yay!!
                        This was the only photo I got of us two at Southern Cross Station!

I didn't realize there was a time limit with sending Chrissy cards overseas...I know I have sent them in the past just 2 weeks before Christmas and they've arrived...but I guess given the postal service...particularly from Canada, I could be wrong!!!...maybe just this one time!!!

Anyhoo...going to pop over to my family (in the ship thread that is) then going to go to bed.
                        Good night everyone, take care, be safe and have fun!
                        (((StuckandanTappinators)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Very nice pic Thanks

Spoiler:
                          --jckfan
                          Huge HUGS!!!!

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                          Happy Belated Birthday Melora!!
                          I hope you had a great day
                          Sky.... I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in the UK, Monday is the last day for international mail (or so Amy told me).
                          Next Monday hun, at least for North America.
                          That's not to say you might luck out and make it in time after that anyway, but that's the last day that Royal Mail officially guarentees Xmas day delivery. I agree, usually letters/cards move much more quickly than packages
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            Fraulein Darla, Velkommen to Samanda! If I misspelled the German words, just know that it is the thought that counts.

We are glad to have you here. And your English is quite good.

Whumping means angst, a character getting hurt - maybe like "sturm und drang" - oh, forgive me - my German is very poor.

Thunk is a character who is very sexy, "hot" - I'm sure you'll find the right German word for that.

Many Samandans write fanfic and many of us enjoy "whumping" our characters, especially Sam.

Squee is what fans do when they meet Amanda, it's a high-pitched scream of delight. You can probably "squee" in your dreams too as someone here has already awakened her family during her dream of Sam.
                            Warning, dodgy German ahead. Click to read.
                            Warnung, schlechtes Deutsch gibt's hier. Zum lesen, hierunter clicken.

Spoiler:
                            Naja, hallo Darla! Wir haben so viele komische Worter hier in Samanda! Obwohl ich sicher bin, dass du schon die Erklarungen von CG verstanden hast, ich werde auf Deutsch erklaren...

Whumping - Wenn Jemand in der Geschichte verletzt wird, entwieder korperlich oder psychologisch. Normaleweise gehen diese Geschichte nicht nur um die Verletzung, sondern auch wie die anderen dieses Person pflegen.

Thunk - das kommt von dem Ton der Leute, der auf den Boden hinfallen (sie werden schwach, weil der Schauspieler so ganz gut aussieht).

Squee - ist nur der Ton wenn jemanden schreit wie ein kleines Kind (die sind so ganz aufgeregt).

Also, herzliches Wilkommen in Samanda! Viel Spass
                            Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            Welcome to Samanda Darla! Good to hear you've enjoyed reading it...hope you have fun here and everyone else has answered your questions so I'll just say, get comfy!
                            Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Welcome to Samanda darla
                            Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Guten tag!!!!
                            Cool dream!!! I love it when Amanda makes an appearance in my dreams....which is about 3 times now!!!
                            Welcome to Samanda Darla!!
                            Thanks for the warm welcome and the explanations! And wow, didn't know that some people here know/write/speak German so well.

Now that I understand what the Thread titles mean I think that I will hang around just in this thread and Sam shiping threads from time to time. I love the positive energy in this thread. Don't know why some people write in Anti threads. And I think that fans that are complaining about Sam in Atlantis didn't even give her a chance to prove herself.

Last wednesday I watched episode 3.07 (Common ground) in TV. I thouht that the episode is a little bit lame. I missed Carter. Even if I had seen her on Atlantis just for two episodes I started to regard her as a natural part of the Atlantis team. She fits in perfectly. It is not only how she acts or what she says, it is her presence.
                            Somewhere I read in the forum that fans are afraid that Sam takes over the show. Well, I must say that I wouldn't mind if most of the show would be centred on Sam, Rodney, Kellar and Sheppard.

Shipping off topic:
                            Spoiler:
                            And about that "Squeeing" thing. I think I always squeed when I saw Sam/Jack or Sam/Rodney or Sam/... scenes. I know this isn't the Shipper Thread but I just want to say that I don't have enough of shipping Sam with someone. Sam always had bad luck with relationships (okay, with Jack it was "only" the circumstances) and I always feel sorry for her living without a fulfilling lovelife.

I know I'm late but I also wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Melora!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Got mine too I forgot to put my actual name on it though...Ooops!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Welcome to the thread, darla!

Hope you continue to have a lot of fun here for a long time.

Originally posted by darla View Post
                                I know I'm late but I also wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Melora!!!
                                Actually, you are right on time.

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. It makes getting one year older a little better. I was lurking a little last night after the episode and I was quite surprised to see all of the birthday messages b/c they were a day early.

Then I realized that it must be because of the time differences. Isn't that sort of amazing? You can celebrate your birthday for at least two days when you have friends around the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X