Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Kirfect!!
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I watched the Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth trailer last night and it looks great but it seemed to mostly focus on Mitchell and Vala (two characters I like and occasionally only tolerate (more for Mitchell with the toleration thing) but don't love as much as the original SG-1 team) so I really hope this movie will have big, juicy things for Sam, Jackson, and Teal'c to do.

I was disappointed that Sam hardly featured in the trailer and...once again...it seems that the TPTB are going back on their "SG-1's a joint command between Sam and Mitchell" thing going by the fact that Mitchell is given the command chair on whatever ship he's on (presumably the USS Odyssey) and issuing orders. Why couldn't Sam have been given the command chair for once????
      Yeah there was a distinct lack of Sam in the trailer, but I am hoping for good things for the real thing...just all the shots she's in are so dang cool and crucial that they can't put them in the trailer *nods*

I also agree that Sam should have the command chair, I always took the whole 'joint command thing' it as the decision making team wanting a 'leading man'....Cam was supposed to replace O'Neill and they wanted to put their weight behind that decision...it's stupid really....but hey.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

First off on the AoT trailer when I saw it I let out a disgusted guffaw and said - out loud to myself - "well they had to get her in somewhere so they stuck in a quick shot of her at the end, have to let people know she's at least in the movie". Then I read some of what you all have said and now I think that in this movie the team may be split up and the scenes of Mitchell are scenes where Sam isn't even with him so he looks like he's making decisions - I bet when they are together she outshines and outguns him every time in the movie like she did in the show.

That being said I hold no hope for this movie since it will be bungling mess of the buffoon (Mitchell), the clown (Vala) and Action Jackson with Sam and Teal'c thrown in for appearance sake.

Tell ya what, I've got zero interest in the Bori and the buffoon and the clown so there will be absotively no reason for me to spend one dime on this movie unless there is a huge reveal from someone who does waste some $$ on it that it is classic SG-1 with all of their mistakes of seasons 9-10 corrected (not likely with Mr. Cooper at the helm).

Personally I can't wait for Continuum - THAT sounds like classic SG-1 with the original team of 4 back in play and Vala and Mitchell minimized (based on what CB said about her Continuum time it seems Vala is iminimized and it is my sincerest hope that with Brad Wright helming this one he will minimize Mitchell because he sees the errors of the bone-headed move bringing Mitchell in the way they did) - THAT movie will be worth my $$.

Comment

Just watched Stuck. Very powerful. Very hard to breathe towards the end, especially during Liz's story. There was one particular line that winded me and (I know this sounds so awful and prejudiced) I had to remind myself that it was a male writer, because it was a thought process I never thought would come from a male.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

OT post (and an extremely serious one at that- I'm sorry):

Spoiler:
            I've had an appalling, horrible last three or so hours, and I'd like permission to do to the following: a) do an off-topic post purge of what's happened, which is really fairly awful (I don't mind if Sky deletes it afterwards for being like that, I just can't do it on LJ for various reasons and I just need somewhere to do it) and b) that if possible, if people want to post strange/silly things-nonsense, inneundo-laden captions, etc then that would be great. Just to give me a bit of reprieve. Thank you
            sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I watched the trailer two nights ago, and even though there is that disappointment we didn't see more Sam, I must say I really am excited for this movie. It doesn't look like an official MGM trailer.. I might've been stalkin' their site a bit.. so I'm hoping they'll release one that gives us a little more insight and a little more Sam

I am perfectly happy to waste spend my pennies on tAoT as I have always been entertained by the show, and every time I watch Atlantis I find myself thinking how much I really miss Sg1.

sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday Kir!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.
                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                  Happy birthday Kir!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.
                  From me too!

Comment

Personally I am looking forward to both films...while I agree that the latter seasons of SG1 don't compare to the 'classic' early seasons I still found them entertaining, just in a different way.

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                    From me too!

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                    OT post (and an extremely serious one at that- I'm sorry):

Spoiler:
                    I've had an appalling, horrible last three or so hours, and I'd like permission to do to the following: a) do an off-topic post purge of what's happened, which is really fairly awful (I don't mind if Sky deletes it afterwards for being like that, I just can't do it on LJ for various reasons and I just need somewhere to do it) and b) that if possible, if people want to post strange/silly things-nonsense, inneundo-laden captions, etc then that would be great. Just to give me a bit of reprieve. Thank you
                    *sends hugs and warm thoughts* I don't mind what ya do and oooh...captions...*contemplates as she stuffs her face*
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      Personally I am looking forward to both films...while I agree that the latter seasons of SG1 don't compare to the 'classic' early seasons I still found them entertaining, just in a different way.

From me too!

*sends hugs and warm thoughts* I don't mind what ya do and oooh...captions...*contemplates as she stuffs her face*
                      OK. Advance apologies.

Spoiler:
                      It's been building for a couple of weeks now. A very good friend of mine is schizophrenic (this is the eighteen year old I mentioned earlier this year, when she'd had a nervous breakdown and come very close to suicide), and a recent change in the dosage of her medication has resulted in the last week or so being hellish for her. She's had near-constant nausea and even worse, her pyschosis, which had been under control to a certain point, was coming back with a revenge. Voices not only at night, but during the day, telling her all sorts of terrible, terrible things. All this was made worse by her constant fretting over issues with her boyfriend, which I'm not going into depth about now. She saw her doctor on Friday, who told her that she's probably never coming off the medication. Huge thing to take in.

She then went up to see the boyfriend, and things got worse. Extreme nausea, and voices telling her even worse things than before. The boy was very good here, it should be said. He's basically a good man, but the issues she had were the same ones that made me write a letter to him a few months ago to tell him so and that if he didn't pull himself together than I would end all contact with him (he was my best friend until then) and that I expected him to have the courage to call me to discuss it.

As you can expect, we didn't speak. Until, tonight, when I had to call him after she'd managed to call me from the pysch ward that she's currently in. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to just make the voices stop for a while, she took too much of her medication. She overdosed. You can perhaps imagine what I was like then, what I'm like now. My state wasn't brilliant anyway, as I'd been worrying about her for a week or so (which had also brought back some mixed emotions regarded her boyfriend) on top of another good friend having a painful break-up during the weekened.

I was forced to leave a message and then a while later managed to get through to him in order to confirm that he'd received it. When she asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I believed that I'd ever speak to him again, this was not the situation I envisaged. Voice messages which are strained have been left on each other's phones, I've broken the news to another mutual friend (which I feel guilty about because I know she's under a lot of pressure right now, but I know she'd feel terrible if we kept it a secret) and I'm gnawed inside by something that even when I'm not directly thinking about how I could have lost her, is still there in my chest. The outward shaking has stopped, but not inwards, if that makes sense.

Thank you, and sorry to post such a thing, even in spoilers.
                      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Happy Bday Kir!!!
                        Hope it's a great one

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                        OK. Advance apologies.

Spoiler:
                        It's been building for a couple of weeks now. A very good friend of mine is schizophrenic (this is the eighteen year old I mentioned earlier this year, when she'd had a nervous breakdown and come very close to suicide), and a recent change in the dosage of her medication has resulted in the last week or so being hellish for her. She's had near-constant nausea and even worse, her pyschosis, which had been under control to a certain point, was coming back with a revenge. Voices not only at night, but during the day, telling her all sorts of terrible, terrible things. All this was made worse by her constant fretting over issues with her boyfriend, which I'm not going into depth about now. She saw her doctor on Friday, who told her that she's probably never coming off the medication. Huge thing to take in.

She then went up to see the boyfriend, and things got worse. Extreme nausea, and voices telling her even worse things than before. The boy was very good here, it should be said. He's basically a good man, but the issues she had were the same ones that made me write a letter to him a few months ago to tell him so and that if he didn't pull himself together than I would end all contact with him (he was my best friend until then) and that I expected him to have the courage to call me to discuss it.

As you can expect, we didn't speak. Until, tonight, when I had to call him after she'd managed to call me from the pysch ward that she's currently in. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to just make the voices stop for a while, she took too much of her medication. She overdosed. You can perhaps imagine what I was like then, what I'm like now. My state wasn't brilliant anyway, as I'd been worrying about her for a week or so (which had also brought back some mixed emotions regarded her boyfriend) on top of another good friend having a painful break-up during the weekened.

I was forced to leave a message and then a while later managed to get through to him in order to confirm that he'd received it. When she asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I believed that I'd ever speak to him again, this was not the situation I envisaged. Voice messages which are strained have been left on each other's phones, I've broken the news to another mutual friend (which I feel guilty about because I know she's under a lot of pressure right now, but I know she'd feel terrible if we kept it a secret) and I'm gnawed inside by something that even when I'm not directly thinking about how I could have lost her, is still there in my chest. The outward shaking has stopped, but not inwards, if that makes sense.

Thank you, and sorry to post such a thing, even in spoilers.
                        (((HUGS)))
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                          Happy Birthday from me too

*tries not to be annoying* sky I resent my e-mail about the Christmas card shower to you again last night b/c you had my GW name on the list you posted but the real name first letter wasn't right, but it was very late here and I didn't post to tell you I'd done it, so I was wondering if you got it OK? Sorry to be a pain in the mik'ta

(((((resurgamlaura)))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

hi everybody i don't known if this is a right place but i ask anyway
                            does anybody see a cars of amanda tapping on stargate sg-1
                            does anybody have the pictures of this

thank you
                            from mary-clare

Comment

small wallpaper...

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/sam_shsi.jpg

hope you love it

Comment

Here's a great big (((((HUGZ))))) to everyone.

I want to thank all the Samandan's that have been sending me hugs and happy thoughts, they really are appreciated and help when I get down. My recovery hasn't been as fast as I would have liked and I still can't read with my right eye yet but I have a checkup today so maybe the Doc can give me a better idea of what will happen and when.

I'm looking forward to the next few episodes of Atlantis and I'm really hanging out for the mid season 2 parter. I've managed to not get too spoiled about the plot so far, just enough to have me really intrigued. Thank goodness they are only taking a short break for Christmas this year!

I've liked what they have done with Sam on the show so far but I really want her to have an ep that she can sink her teeth into and show us what she's got!
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X