• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like turtles

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I think Mr Bourne's intent worked, Stuck definitely made me think.

And I think a stage version would be fantastic
      (Just thinking aloud here) but I wonder if the stage version would have the same cast? I guess that would depend on everyone's other commitments.
      And would they tour it outside of Canada and US, I know I'd love to be able to go see it.
      And last, would the content have to be....erm I don't know the right word to use....lets say watered down?

Julia(samcarterrules)
      I don't think it would have to be -- depends on who they're aiming for in the audience. If you're looking for just a mature audience, I think it would be powerful left as is. If you wanna make it more family-orientated ... um ... *blinks* yeah, I think it would be best left pretty much the way it is!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Hi Everyone,

(Just thinking aloud here) but I wonder if the stage version would have the same cast? I guess that would depend on everyone's other commitments.
        And would they tour it outside of Canada and US, I know I'd love to be able to go see it.
        And last, would the content have to be....erm I don't know the right word to use....lets say watered down?

Julia(samcarterrules)
        My sentiments entirely, Julia! I also think a stage version would be fantastic!

I don't think the content would be watered down though because then I think it would lose that "in your face" impact that the director was looking for. I imagine "Stuck" on stage would simply get some kind of rating or warning for all the swearing and the sex scene.

- Alan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          I contacted Mr. Bourne and he was kind enough to take the time to make corrections and give Alan trivia for the page (which I've PMed to you Alan) but I thought Samandans would like to read the trivia.

* The film was a co-operative venture involving 15 equal partners who committed their time, talent and energy to the project.
          * Lindsay Bourne, the writer/director, was actually inspired to create the piece and enrolled the other partners as the result of the Self-Expression and Leadership course he was taking at Landmark Education. Although he was already a credited screenwriter, he created STUCK as a community project.
          * Lindsay’s sole intent was to get people thinking and questioning which he hoped would lead to greater acceptance of other and differences.
          * The set was built in a Sound Stage at the Bridge Studio in Burnaby, BC that was being used by the Series, Jeremiah, at the time. The entire movie was shot in three and a half days (spared out over two weekends) to fit with everyone’s busy schedule.
          * Mr. Bourne had originally intended to shoot the movie in four continuous 90 minute takes by popping off the four walls of the “elevator” set one at a time but he made the last minute decision to shoot it the more conventional series of takes. The cast was, however, rehearsed to run the script flat out for the full 96 minutes like a play as the result of about six days of rehearsals (spread out over a month) at Mr. Bourne’s house.
          * Mr. Bourne is still considering mounting a stage version of the movie.

Hope you enjoy it,

Jan
          Sweet! Thanks for the trivia. A stage version would be awesome. Hopefully, the original cast would be available for at least a small tour. And for anyone that couldn't attend, they could record the stage play for dvd.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            LITS = Line In The Sand. The episode in which Mitchell and a severely whumped Sam are hidden in the 'out of phase' room.
            Ah thanks.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            here you go, the stuck purchase post
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=80651
            ::stalks inbox::

Comment

Hey all there is a new game about Sam & Daniel it is open to all shippers nonshippers friendshippers alike here is the link

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48969

I personally love their friendship like this scene from Forever In A Day

This is what I will nominate tommorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it. (I won't mind if you did)
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                New icons, made for a LJ challenge, the one Krystle organizes actually

Hope you enjoy them, and all are snurchable but just credit me if you use it on a public site. Thanks
                All are fantastic Eve but I have to admit that the 'Inner Child' one grabbed my attention right away. Tis the best way to view life imho and should be practiced often and repeated as needed. *nods* Well done and thanks for sharing.

Hi Everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Ooh a stage version? I dunno. I think it would be fantastic but a few scenes in the movie (ie drug and sex) might not have the same impact nor realism. I'd have to see it to decide really so a stage version would be intriguing to see if it ever became a reality.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Those words will come back to haunt him and his friends will never let him live it down.

Comment

1.http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4866/icon1gj9.jpg
                  2.http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6835/icon2af1.jpg
                  3.http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2854/icon3za1.jpg
                  4.http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8001/icon4im6.jpg

Hope you enjoy them, and all are snurchable but just credit me if you use it on a public site. Thanks
                  OMG! I'm in love with the last one!
                  I'm laughing so hard right now. My ma has a kid in her class who says "I like Pie" at the end of everything. And one of the kids I babysit is the one who taught it to him.
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

fic rec
                    http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/33481.html

it's SG1's mission during Zero Hour

sam in command, teal'c, daniel whumpage and all in all a good read
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder, if folks want to participate in the Samanda (or Stuckanda) christmas card shower, i need you to send me your address by Friday
                      I hope you got my email Sky!!
                      Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      All are fantastic Eve but I have to admit that the 'Inner Child' one grabbed my attention right away.
                      Originally posted by ames View Post
                      I love the inner child one
                      Me too!!!...I love it!!! Awesome icons Eve!! Well done schnook!!
                      Originally posted by ames View Post
                      STUCKANDA's -- luvin' it!!!
                      Yeah...it's kinda got a cool ring to it!!
                      Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                      I am finally all caught up!
                      Happy birthday to all that I missed.
                      Vancouver was wonderful, but freezing! Gah. I finally got to enjoy some Timmy's (I nearly got lynched when it was discovered that I had been to Canada and not had any Tim Horton's, so I made up for it by going 3 times this trip - and twice in one day!). I ate at Dave's Fish and Chips in Steveston (where they filmed Night Walkers) and wondered the city aimlessly. We also made the drive up to Squamish. I had a blast and miss my Vancouver friends already *sniff*
                      Welcome back from Vancouver Amanda...glad you had fun!!
                      Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      I'm laughing so hard right now. My ma has a kid in her class who says "I like Pie" at the end of everything. And one of the kids I babysit is the one who taught it to him.
                      OMG...that was so ...I had visions of Ralph Wiggum..."My cats name is Mittens"
                      fic rec
                      http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/33481.html
                      it's SG1's mission during Zero Hour
                      sam in command, teal'c, daniel whumpage and all in all a good read
                      Thanks Sky...will endeavor to read it some time soon...gotta run though...RL is kinda nuts today with dad and all...now I have to go play mummy again...dang!!!!
                      Night all, take care, be safe and have fun!!
                      (((TappinatingStuckanda's)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i should have got your mail

I'm gonna compile a list of user names and post them just to make sure i've gotten everyone that wants to play and that no one gets left out

sigpic

Comment

one of our late arrivals is in for the ficathon

http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/10543.html

check out a sweet little fic

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to let you all know that I updated my Sam-whumping list with 22 new stories.

My LJ

Comment

(snip)

those are lovely, eve.

on the third one; which scene is that taken from?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the cuddle Chelle!
                                Royal Page of Samanda
                                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Working...
                                X