No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, it was brought to my attention that folks might not be seeing ALL hte Gatewomen fic. If you just see one page's worth, try the 'previous page' or 'previous ten entries' link

there are 12 completed fic. I have two authors that are still working/planning to work on the fic but have had real life issues, one author that has told me she won't be able to complete her fic and a couple more that i haven't heard anything from

My plans are, after we put the names to the fic, i'll put up the unclaimed prompts to be plot bunnies open to adoption
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      hey guys, it was brought to my attention that folks might not be seeing ALL hte Gatewomen fic. If you just see one page's worth, try the 'previous page' or 'previous ten entries' link

there are 12 completed fic. I have two authors that are still working/planning to work on the fic but have had real life issues, one author that has told me she won't be able to complete her fic and a couple more that i haven't heard anything from

My plans are, after we put the names to the fic, i'll put up the unclaimed prompts to be plot bunnies open to adoption
      Were there many unclaimed prompts?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

YAY! Stuck club! and yes....the elevator was huge *g* even my little claustrophic self could ride that elevator.
        Ooooo. A Stuck club! Sign me up! I want to be a Stumanda? Limanda? What the heck are we?
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Ooooo. A Stuck club! Sign me up! I want to be a Stumanda? Limanda? What the heck are we?
          Practically perfect in every way?

And a Stuck club! Sign me up too

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Bonkers? Crackers?
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Practically perfect in every way?
              What's with the 'practically' part?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                what's your fave sam episode? how about fave sam scene?
                hmm fav ep would be maybe Space Race or Death Knell. Grace I really like and New Order. Gotta love evil replicator Carter. Also I like SGA The Seer and can't wait to watch Trio.

Scene-wise is hard, there's so many. The scene in Emancipation when she kicks butt but really any scene when she does that. I like when she hugs Thor too cause she's like the only one who could ever get away with doing that. And that scene in Ripple Effect where they show all those Sams and when Sam and Cam go invisible and poke each other makes me giggle.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Welcome to Gateworld Krystle!! I guess you are Coffee Nebula on LJ right?

Then you rock for starting the Sam Carter Icon Community!!!
                Yep that's me.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                I don't think we know what we're talking about most of the time.
                hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  Were there many unclaimed prompts?
                  yeah, there were some. We'll add those to the unwritten ones (meaning all but the two that have contacted me saying that they'll be late)

since folks submitted more than one prompt each we had plenty of extras. Some didn't quite fit the requirements of hte ficathon - they were too alternatie universe to be a missing scene, and others were kinda close to ones already assigned

sigpic

Comment

yeah, there were some. We'll add those to the unwritten ones (meaning all but the two that have contacted me saying that they'll be late)

since folks submitted more than one prompt each we had plenty of extras. Some didn't quite fit the requirements of hte ficathon - they were too alternatie universe to be a missing scene, and others were kinda close to ones already assigned
                    Wow. I couldn't think up one, so I ended up just signing on to write. I was half-afraid that there wouldn't be enough prompts to go around if there were a lot of writing-only contributors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      Hi all,

Just dropping by with the latest Aftershock which is Sam/Jack shippy for those needing the ship alert.

Bad Days & Bad Ideas

TAGs 'The Other Side'.

Hope you're all keeping well.
                      Just quoting myself to say I had a bit of ditzy moment earlier and uploaded the wrong file to the wrong chapter when I was correcting something so if you unlucky enough to try the link after I did this and found that you were reading a TAG to Out of Mind/Into the Fire, that was my oops (or doh as Jack would say).

It is corrected now but it may take the fanfic servers a little while to catch up with the correction; please keep trying if you do want to read it as it will be there eventually.

Obviously, one of those days...
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        What's with the 'practically' part?
                        Well I didn't want to make us all sound big headed so...but we all know the truth right?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Good afternoon my fellow Tappinating Stuckanda's!!!!
                          Normally I should be at work but have a week off so have been keeping myself busy with getting my Christmas card list written up, letters organized...(almost!)...bought a few Chrissy presi's and am looking after 14y/o niece for the afternoon...and have been introducing her to the wonderful world of Stargate...hehe...brother will love me for it I'm sure!!!!...I can be evil too you know!!!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Oh come on! She will call her dog Lisa or Maggie, you know she will. And Jack will think it's a Simpsons reference and be delighted
                          Hehe...I didn't even put that connection to the Simpsons in mind...but still...no way...she'd probably name it after a scientist that no one knows...maybe she'd name it McKay or Meredith...or RodKnee!!
                          Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          Since I don't sleep much and hardly dream... *waits for part two*
                          I'm waiting for part 2 too...but it'll never happen...it isn't often that I dream SG...I think I've had less than 6 all up thus far!!...no fair...I'd be a lot happier if I could dream at least one dream a week with my heroes!!!
                          Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Hi all,
                          Just dropping by with the latest Aftershock which is Sam/Jack shippy for those needing the ship alert.
                          Bad Days & Bad Ideas
                          TAGs 'The Other Side'.
                          Hope you're all keeping well.
                          Thank you berry much!!! I is keeping well...how is you??? (Is channeling Ali G!!)
                          Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          I enjoyed "Stuck" so much. Mine arrived on Thursday and I've watched it more times than days have passed! It was great to see Amanda playing a character that wasn't a doctor or a professor or any kind of scientist! I've loved Amanda in all the roles she's been in but Liz was just such a breathe of fresh air!
                          Spoiler:
                          I could never see Sam or Helen Magnus having sex in a lift with complete strangers around them.

I was wondering...I've created a page for "Stuck" at Wikipedia and I was wondering if anyone would like to make some contributions to it? Maybe add or correct some details perhaps?
                          You'll find the page here:
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_%28TV_short%29
                          Yay!! Stupid question from a total dweeb here...how do I contribute???:O
                          STUCKANDA"S!!!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i don't use wiki, but i think there should be an 'edit' link
                            then you can edit or add to the existing entry

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

I was wondering...I've created a page for "Stuck" at Wikipedia and I was wondering if anyone would like to make some contributions to it? Maybe add or correct some details perhaps?

You'll find the page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_%28TV_short%29
                              I contacted Mr. Bourne and he was kind enough to take the time to make corrections and give Alan trivia for the page (which I've PMed to you Alan) but I thought Samandans would like to read the trivia.

* The film was a co-operative venture involving 15 equal partners who committed their time, talent and energy to the project.
                              * Lindsay Bourne, the writer/director, was actually inspired to create the piece and enrolled the other partners as the result of the Self-Expression and Leadership course he was taking at Landmark Education. Although he was already a credited screenwriter, he created STUCK as a community project.
                              * Lindsay’s sole intent was to get people thinking and questioning which he hoped would lead to greater acceptance of other and differences.
                              * The set was built in a Sound Stage at the Bridge Studio in Burnaby, BC that was being used by the Series, Jeremiah, at the time. The entire movie was shot in three and a half days (spared out over two weekends) to fit with everyone’s busy schedule.
                              * Mr. Bourne had originally intended to shoot the movie in four continuous 90 minute takes by popping off the four walls of the “elevator” set one at a time but he made the last minute decision to shoot it the more conventional series of takes. The cast was, however, rehearsed to run the script flat out for the full 96 minutes like a play as the result of about six days of rehearsals (spread out over a month) at Mr. Bourne’s house.
                              * Mr. Bourne is still considering mounting a stage version of the movie.

Hope you enjoy it,

Jan
                              sigpic

Comment

i don't use wiki, but i think there should be an 'edit' link
                                then you can edit or add to the existing entry
                                Thanks Sky...I thought it was more like adding a comment about what we thought about the film..I'm going to be emailing Lindsay this week while I have the time...or rather while I can sorta make a little bit of extra time!!
                                Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                I contacted Mr. Bourne and he was kind enough to take the time to make corrections and give Alan trivia for the page (which I've PMed to you Alan) but I thought Samandans would like to read the trivia.
                                * The film was a co-operative venture involving 15 equal partners who committed their time, talent and energy to the project.
                                * Lindsay Bourne, the writer/director, was actually inspired to create the piece and enrolled the other partners as the result of the Self-Expression and Leadership course he was taking at Landmark Education. Although he was already a credited screenwriter, he created STUCK as a community project.
                                * Lindsay’s sole intent was to get people thinking and questioning which he hoped would lead to greater acceptance of other and differences.
                                * The set was built in a Sound Stage at the Bridge Studio in Burnaby, BC that was being used by the Series, Jeremiah, at the time. The entire movie was shot in three and a half days (spared out over two weekends) to fit with everyone’s busy schedule.
                                * Mr. Bourne had originally intended to shoot the movie in four continuous 90 minute takes by popping off the four walls of the “elevator” set one at a time but he made the last minute decision to shoot it the more conventional series of takes. The cast was, however, rehearsed to run the script flat out for the full 96 minutes like a play as the result of about six days of rehearsals (spread out over a month) at Mr. Bourne’s house.
                                * Mr. Bourne is still considering mounting a stage version of the movie.

Hope you enjoy it,

Jan
                                Thank you Jan!!
                                I think Lindsay was successful in making people think and question social differences. I watched it again the other night and was still totally riveted...it' got to be one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen.
                                I hope that if he is able to mount a stage production, that he will be able to travel with it...I'd love to see it live.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X