Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    hmm...if Sam had a dog, I think she'd have a Lab or perhaps a Golden Retriever. She doesn't strike me as the type to have a small 'toy' dog but rather being so active/adventurous/outgoing herself, she'd enjoy a dog that she could get out and have fun with in the water or on hikes in the mountains of Colorado.

Only drawback though would be that she spends so much time in her lab, any type of dog just wouldn't cut it for her cos she's not home much. meh.
    I agree that she wouldn't have a small dog. I think she would go to the pound and get as older medium size dog of a calm demeanor who would be happy lying around while she worked in her lab but would love to go for walks with her (on a leash because most parks don't allow dogs off the leash) and her friends. A nice retriever cross--they are so sweet natured and loyal.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      I've read a couple of the 'Left on the Cutting Room Floor' fics and I've very much enjoyed them. I'll save further praise for when I actually know who folks are

Btw, this afternoon in a Tube station I noticed a man waiting for a lift who had dreadlocks so long they went past the small of his back. My first thought was 'how long has he been growing them, I wonder?'. The second was 'OMG, how much Sky would love him- not...'
      The Total Experience Gospel Choir in Seattle used to have a guy who had dreads all the way to the floor! He said it had never been cut and as I think he was about 25-30 you can figure how long the man you saw had been growing his. Probably at least 12 to 15 years.

Not for me but it is "striking"!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        ... Ahh...dinnertime is just around the corner. Besides the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and traditional Thanksgiving grub, my mom has quite a few Polish dishes to add to it as well. Whee! I love holidays!
        Holy Hannah, turkey and pierogies, golobki, kielbasi too?! Way to go, C!

Hope everyone's T-Day was delightful. And Happy New PM to you Aussies (hope he was the guy you voted for)!

And, getting back to Sam (who was on Page 2 of Forum this morning), I really hope that Amanda is able to fit Atlantis into her professional schedule. It seems that she will have many options open to her this coming year and it's wonderful to see how successful and engaged she's become. No one deserves it more!

Comment

Congrats to everyone who contributed to the Women of the Gate ficathon and to Sky for being a super mod/coordinator for: this project, the Santa letter, and the Stuck distribution.

I'm moving from Dell to Mac this weekend or next so I probably won't have much time to enjoy the new fic at the moment. Look forward to it later though.

Has anyone here written their fic as Microsoft.Word docs and then changed over mid-fic to a Mac OS? How do you continue your new chapters for your fanfiction.net posting? I know this is way OT but Samanda is a user-friendly place and I'm just trying to figure out how I will write and submit my final chapters of Heat after I start using my new Mac OS? Am I babbling? You can PM me, certainly, if you've had a cross-over experience.

Because of the craziness going on in my RL right now, I will have to pass on Santa projects - hope to join up next year. Hope you all have fun!

Comment

you want a word program that works with mac? check out 'open office' and 'neo office'

neo ofice is a free word processinig program that will open word documents (no idea if it works with office 2007 though)

i have neo office on my mac at work and it works just fine, and i believe that ff.net is friendly with open office and neo office
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              The Total Experience Gospel Choir in Seattle used to have a guy who had dreads all the way to the floor! He said it had never been cut and as I think he was about 25-30 you can figure how long the man you saw had been growing his. Probably at least 12 to 15 years.

Not for me but it is "striking"!
              My concern was about him getting it caught up in the wheels of his board. That could seriously spoil his day!

Kay aka Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                MGM's web site has finally updated the SG1 stills from S10 to include a few from "The Road Not Taken"

Here is one that I played around with a little

MGM Road Not Taken Gallery
                Thanks for the pic and the link!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  My concern was about him getting it caught up in the wheels of his board. That could seriously spoil his day!

Kay aka Mumsey
                  can you see that on the medical report?

'i feel off my skateboard adn broke my arm after i tripped over my hair'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

And, getting back to Sam (who was on Page 2 of Forum this morning), I really hope that Amanda is able to fit Atlantis into her professional schedule. It seems that she will have many options open to her this coming year and it's wonderful to see how successful and engaged she's become. No one deserves it more!
                    i'm anxiously awaiting casting news to see if amanda's on for another season! i can't imagine her not being there...

but i want sanctuary too. i hope something can be worked out.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      I think Sam would probably have a cocker spaniel...or something like that...maybe a spoodle or a English staffy!!
                      What in the world is a spoodle or English staffy?!! My first thought when reading it was, "I wonder what flavor...perhaps strawberry, yummm.." before I realized you were talking about dogs.

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      Holy Hannah, turkey and pierogies, golobki, kielbasi too?! Way to go, C!
                      LOL I actually had to google golobki to figure out what you were talking about. We're lazy Polish people. I've only known it as cabbage rolls my whole life. This is not too special for me as I eat it throughout the year, but it's certainly a good one. *nods*

But yes! we did have pierogi, sausage and sauerkraut, baked sausages/kielbasa and kolatchkies which are my uber most favorite.

..and hmm, serious concentration going on here dont'cha think?

Comment

spaffy

sounds like strawberry taffy
                        and spoodle....sounds like what i break out when the simple Noodle doesn't do the trick

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone ::waves:: I'm Krystle and I'm an Amanda-a-holic.

I was just taking a look around and found this thread and was like "oooo Sam" and came right on in. Since Sam is one of my fav characters and Amanda was just made for fangirling, I figured this was a good place to be. Now I must go read through this so I know what you guys are talking about.

Comment

To Sky and JanSam

Thanks a bunch for your time and talent for getting a supply of the movie STUCK I received my copy yesterday and watched it today. I was blown away by AT and RJ's performances. I just couldn't believe the size of that elevator! Ha,ha

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Krystle View Post
                              Hi everyone ::waves:: I'm Krystle and I'm an Amanda-a-holic.

I was just taking a look around and found this thread and was like "oooo Sam" and came right on in. Since Sam is one of my fav characters and Amanda was just made for fangirling, I figured this was a good place to be. Now I must go read through this so I know what you guys are talking about.
                              welcome, krystle.

what's your fave sam episode? how about fave sam scene?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                This is the reason that I can't make up my mind if I want to see it or not. Knowing Amanda, and being old enough to be her mum, I see her in a different light to most of you. I know she's acting, and I'm sure she does a great job of the part, but I'm not sure I'd like to watch her behaving in that way - especially with JR!

Kay aka Mumsey
                                (Who saw Basic Instinct in the company of hubby and young adult offspring and nearly died of embarassment. Not at the film's content but at the company I was in. )

I got the movie and had no idea about the sex scene until I was watching it...if I had I'm not sure if I would have watched that part of it. But, now that I have seen it, I'm glad. Amanda did an incredible job. I'm blown away by he performance, and I think it takes a lot of guts to play a role that intense, not to mention talent. I think this movie gave really gave her a chance to show what she's made of, perhaps more so than she generally gets to do in stargate.

I do understand how you feel though Mumsey - my mum feels the same way! Last year I played 'Mimi' in the musical 'Rent' and once she found out about all the sexual stuff required for the role she tried to forbid me from doing it and, when that didn't work, she refused to come see it. I can respect that - it would've been weird for both of us! And especially for my Mum, watching her only daughter behave that way, and in front of a thousand people every night.

I think here's where it's important to really draw the line between actress and character. I mean, for me playing Mimi was the hardest thing I've ever done. I never been more scared of anything in my life! I had to overcome a lot of my own hang-ups in order to do it. But I did, because it was a great part, and because nothing I was being asked to do was overly gratutious or unimportant to the character. That said, I did have a few problems with guys after the show who couldn't tell the difference between the character I played and me!

Back on topic, what I'm trying to say is that Amanda's decision to do the scene was a pretty brave one. Whether we choose to watch it or not doesn't change that, and whether we like or not we should still respect it. I found that 'Stuck' was kind of hard to watch at times, and I wouldn't watch it with my parents who are pretty conservative. But it was powerful, moving, intense and a really really awesome achievement for everyone involved.

And to finish my marathon post....Yay Amanda! And Yay Mumsey, coz you rock
                                Royal Page of Samanda
                                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Working...
                                X