Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    On Sam being different this year, I noticed it, too. Voice is a little different, the pace of her speech a little slower, and she is moving differently. Slightly different walk, doesn't run out of the room as much, and seems to hold herself taller.

The interpersonal space thing seems different on SGA as well. Sam would be nose to nose and shoulder to shoulder with her SG1 teammates in many scenes, and she is not as physically close to other characters in her scenes. Intentional I am sure, since it reflects her newness to the post.

I liked all the changes - made sense to me with Sam in a new position and new environment.

Here's hopin' for Sam in season 5!
    Here, here! My sentiments entirely!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCIFITHINKER!!
      From me too!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Sorry for going Off Topic, but I'd like to appeal to my fellow Samandans for prayers, thoughts, vibes etc for my dad. We've gotten some seriously bad news about his health.
        Sending good thoughts your way. *hugs*

My LJ

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCIFITHINKER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
            Ah but there's a flaw in your logic.

Plugs.

Yes, you read that right. Plugs.

If I can't get my hair dryer to work in Europe because they have a different plug system, goodness knows devices with U.S. plugs wouldn't work in the Pegasus galaxy.

Oh and to answer your next question...all the equipment for the expedition runs on batteries. Kind of like most of Sam's doohickies. And Tivo's are not battery compliant...or at least they're not for the purpose of this post.

P.S. What do plugs in Atlantis look like? What shape are they? I'll go with octagonal, with the actual prongs of the plug shaped in the symbol of infinity.
            the woman makes ancient tech talk to goa'uld tech to human tech. and anyway, how do you think all those laptops they use get charged?

non-issue. where there's a will, there's an or....or plug in
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              so i'm not the only one that finds it funny? normally i hate sitcoms, but this one is just so cute...and so much like me and my friends at times, that it's just funny

i notice it on 'hello' like in forsaken when she calls 'hello' into the ship. most of the time her accent is gone, but sometimes it shows up

oh, and folks, just because there IS a season 5 doesn't guarantee that sam will be a part of it. Just my cautious attitude creeping in. let's not count our sam before she's cast please
              You are not alone. Absolutely love BBT. I think it and Pushing Daisies are the best new shows this season. Most of the stuff I checked out I've removed from the DVR list.

I can't think of any examples of her accent at the moment, but it does sneak through occasionally. I pick up on accents pretty quickly and am very familiar with the Canadian accent. (work in Detroit and look at Windsor across the river every day. there are 3 people that I know of in our firm that live in Windsor)
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                My thoughts and heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family.

And please...never fret about or feel the need to apologize about something like this. You're part of our extended family here in Samanda; so when you hurt or need help or prayers or whatever, please know we're always an email, PM, post or call away.

(((((((((jckfan55 and fam)))))))))))
                Thanks Ooober and all the *many* Samandans who have expressed your good thoughts. You really are a circle of friends here and I appreciate the support. It is also great to come here and take my mind off things.

We're waiting for full word from the docs on just how bad things are for dad. I'm trying not to panic, but I think it will be very bad. I will be sure to tell him about all the Samanda prayers and good wishes. He was quite impressed with you guys when I told him about the outpouring during his last crisis. (I think he thinks my having online friends is a bit odd, but nice.)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  the woman makes ancient tech talk to goa'uld tech to human tech. and anyway, how do you think all those laptops they use get charged?

non-issue. where there's a will, there's an or....or plug in
                  LOL!

That is one of my favorite lines from SG1

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCIFITHINKER
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I think I'll have to shoot that idea that its a ploy down in flames, scifithinker. I have actually seen proof that it does exist. I was looking on YouTube and I found a music video that someone made using footage from it.

You'll find it here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QLp-TDHg8ps
                      In the comments someone is claiming they're L Bourne and that they want to sell it. Any idea if thats actually her?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Sorry for going Off Topic, but I'd like to appeal to my fellow Samandans for prayers, thoughts, vibes etc for my dad. We've gotten some seriously bad news about his health.

jckfan55, my heart, prayers, and thoughts will be with you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by sandwich View Post
                          In the comments someone is claiming they're L Bourne and that they want to sell it. Any idea if thats actually her?
                          The person who made the vid (Famantha, she used to come to Samanda but I don't think she does anymore) seemed to think it was the real L Bourne. But I don't think anyone has tried contacting him / her yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCIFITHINKER
                            *trips PengYn, snatches one of the boxes*

Here you go....Happy Birthday SCIFITHINKER

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              *trips PengYn, snatches one of the boxes*

Here you go....Happy Birthday SCIFITHINKER

Somebody?... this mean old polar bear stole my stuff
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sandwich View Post
                                I am wondering the same thing..

and

Happy Birthday Scifithinker

Hope it is a good un!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X