Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Definitely. Her career in the USAF is certainly doing very well.

Now, if we can only see or hear something about her personal life doing as well with a certain Major General...well...her life would be grand as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm so glad we're on the same page here....
    But shhh... we need to keep the ship quiet so that we don't get in trouble *here*
    *runs over to J/S ship thread.*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    jack's 'delay' in promotion isn't out of line. the higher you get in the ranks, the less jobs there are, the less openings, thus it's normal to plateau.

especially wiht someone like jack who has no shortage of enemies or people that'd love to see him just sit there
    Good point, and with her expertise, training, education, and well... what have I missed.... there would be no shortage of job opportunities for her....
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      Is it just me, or does Sam just get goofy around Dr. Lee? She has this singular smile...

I'm surprised there aren't cries about all the Sam/Dr. Lee ship!
      I'd get goofy around Dr. Lee. The guy rocks!

Not to mention he's been to the Elwynn Forest. I'm sure he'll get Sam into gaming soon! It's only a matter of time before he has her hooked! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Actually from what I have read his delay is completely out of the norm. You typically don't have an Air Force officer sit stagnant for years and years after they have put in their 30years service. Jack would have either been promoted or retired. He wouldn't have just sat there at Colonel for eight plus years with no advancement. At least, that's the way I've always thought it worked.
        But then if they promoted him, he'd have to have a desk job and not lead SG1, so they can't always go with how the real world does things, because I think Sam would have been promoted to Lt. Col. and have lead her own team a long time ago.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Not to mention he's been to the Elwynn Forest. I'm sure he'll get Sam into gaming soon! It's only a matter of time before he has her hooked! LOL
          No, I think Jack already got her into
          Spoiler:
          HALO 3

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            But then if they promoted him, he'd have to have a desk job and not lead SG1, so they can't always go with how the real world does things, because I think Sam would have been promoted to Lt. Col. and have lead her own team a long time ago.
            Yeah, I sort of thought about that after I posted my note, but you quoted me before I could delete it. ROFL

It's the only reason I could think that Jack and Sam weren't promoted earlier on as well.

Comment

hey look, a nice lifeline fic

spoilers

http://driftingatdusk.livejournal.co...7.html?#cutid1
              *saves for when she's seen it* ta!

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Originally posted by silkie View Post
              No, I think Jack already got her into
              Spoiler:
              HALO 3
              Wow ftw *sigh* I miss my priest.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

spoilers

this fic may be friends locked.

my apologies if it is
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  also, a picture of Amanda and David Nykl (Zelenka) from his blog
                  That's a cute pic! It reminds me of the last day of high school when everyone tries to take pictures with each other.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                  He's like a big fangurl! Fangurling her! *sigh*
                  Aw, nah, he's just a sweet fellow actor.

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                  Is it just me, or does Sam just get goofy around Dr. Lee? She has this singular smile...

I'm surprised there aren't cries about all the Sam/Dr. Lee ship!
                  Haha, yes! The smile she gave Bill in "GeekBait Forest" was one we rarely see. I think it's interesting that they've come full circle over the years - specifically since Paradise Lost. Though the writers don't hesitate to make Bill a bit of a dope these days, their working relationship is pretty neat.

And scifithinker, thanks so much for posting that link to Taylor Mali. What an awesome "slam."

Comment

my apologies if it is
                    it is..darn it...oh well...
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

spoilers

I'm getting a "Forbidden" message. I feel so "outside-looking in." Whimper.

Bucky

EDIT: Oops. Just saw your second, uh, third post on this.

Oh well.

Comment

my apologies if it is
                        **takes Sky's noodle and using it on her for teasing us like that**
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          **takes Sky's noodle and using it on her for teasing us like that**
                          Jan stole the NOODLE

Why the earth will stop spinning,
                          The Ocean's will dry up,
                          and Rodney will stop whinging
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Jan stole the NOODLE

Why the earth will stop spinning,
                            The Ocean's will dry up,
                            and Rodney will stop whinging
                            **places Noodle by Mandy's computer**
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              i think my only nit was rod's rants....ok, so they're low on time but he kills precious seconds ranting???? i was yelling 'shut up and fix it' more than once.
                              Yes,
                              Spoiler:
                              that was bugging me too. I thought it was only because I was very tired and had spent all my patience on the kids at school, but I guess not.

Sam was, as always, awesome.

Comment

Lots of energy on the forum with the start-up of SGA. Some great photocaps too! Thanks, everybody, here and the other threads.

In meantime, this is OT but it's dedicated to scifithinker, nearlycircular, jckfan55, tsaxlady, and many other Samandans who, as teachers, do make a difference ...

http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/

I read this story ages ago but now someone has made a film of it. Touches the heartstrings. Cheesy? Maybe, for some folks. But I think it's the other side to the teacher's rap/slam which scifithinker posted here. That was funny as hell and great. This is quietly inspiring.

Kinda like McKay and Carter, one in-your-face and the other, grace under pressure.

Enjoy!

Getting back to Sam, what do you see her doing once she retires from the USAF and SGC? Will she be a teacher in her later years?
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 October 2007, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X