Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    She is a trooper! I'm still recovering from my tail bone injury and mild concussion, and that was my own fault! I can't imagine having it as a regular danger as part of my job. Hehe, well done Amanda for attempting the stunts they let her do though!
    i would think the one thing about doing stunts...ok, so in the course of my job i've gone up in a bucket truck...which can be kinda fun, or un fun if it's like 35 degrees with a 20 mph wind *brrrrr* but i had no issue doing it, becaue i knew the folks helping me set it up were doing things to keep me safe. they were careful about where they parked it, about me wearing the harness, etc. And if you have people doing what they can to keep you safe, it's easier to do stuff the LOOKS risky

Kinda like when i tandem skydived...dude, Steve (the instructor who was attched to me) had a VERY vested interest in getting us down safely, so why worry?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      Gives... ... ... in.

Whooooo Hooooo!

I just gave in too. Sigh.

Be gentle guys.
      Whooo Hooo Two!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
        Whooooo Hooooo!

Whooo Hooo Two!
        Just be warned that I'm likely to go all perfectionist on your arses, decide it isn't good enough, cry tears of pure frustration and feelings of inadequacy and shut myself in my room for a week and worry my flatmate.

Cough. Should be fun
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          Strangely enough, I had a conversation with a gentlemen on the flight back from a Vancouver con a few years ago like this. He asked me what I had been doing in Vancouver and I mentioned I had gone to a Sci-Fi Convention. "Oh, like a Star Trek convention?" he asked and I told him it was something similiar except it was a Stargate convention ( totally expecting to see that blank stare on his face when people have no clue what you are talking about). And he thought for a minute and then said 'Oh, that's that television show with the round circle thingy and the really cute blonde, right? Really smart? Where they go to different planets?"
          Which immediately made me giggle that he had not only seen an episode of Stargate, but that he remembered it by the Stargate and the cute blonde. "Yep, that's the one I told him!"
          And then he got this huge smile on his face and and turned to me and said 'I remember that one. She's really hot!!'
          "Amanda Tapping."
          "Huh?"
          "Amanda Tapping. The actress. That's her name."
          "Oh yeah. I would have liked to meet her."
          "She was there. At the convention I mean."
          "Really? Wow."
          And we continued our discussion about Amanda and the upcoming Gabit con for the next fifteen minutes. I also found out that he was a flight instructor who happened to have some some really cool software on his laptop so the flight home was really quite enjoyable.
          Just goes to show you never know what kind of conversation you're gonna strike up when you sit down next to someone on an airplane.
          That would be so cool....I would love to be able to chat to someone random about Stargate without being looked at like I've just escaped from a psychiatric hospital...seriously...I would!!
          Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          I walked into work this morning and one of my co-workers told me it was Amanda Tapping's birthday today. And it occurred to me how weird it was that two geeky editors in the same small office would a) know this, and b) actually care about it. Weird, but kinda cool, too. So....

Happy birthday, Amanda!
          No one at my work knows who Amanda is...they don't even know Stargate...their loss I guess!
          Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

eta: wow this is my 4700th post, what a great timing I have eh.
          Congrats on the milestone Eve...loved the pic spam!!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i'm stuck on stuck.
          I know that someone on the forum had contact with leslye bourne, jr's brother, and was talking about making copies and getting them distributed/sold through some fans. (ie self distribution insteado f thorugh amanzon or the like) but then nothing happened.

maybe, since amanda doesn't really know anything about the distribution part of it, folks can try to contact leslye through jr's site???

Maybe one of the cons can have a paid screening....attendees pay admission, but that admission price goes towards charity?
          How does one get in contact with Lesley Bourne??
          Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
          *eyes all the first time writers from the Samandan story*
          C'mon... try it, you'll like it! But seriously... you'll have 2 months to write, and it doesn't have to be a monsterpiece of a zillion words, just a ficlet of a 1000 words if you choose... C'mon... you know you wanna!
          I do wanna...just give me a few days to get over a few things...hard enough getting in today/tonight...posting while watching SG on telly!! Memento Mori...just heard Sam say something to Cam about losing his pants!!!! hahaha...I so love her!! I love the ad they put on tonight to promote the release of the season 10 dvd's...so cool!!
          Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          She cracked up cause she was trying not to let the audience hear her real laugh. She kept covering the mic or moving it away the first day of the con. The next day they asked her not to do that...she said..."ok...hope I don't frighten anyone." So when she laughed that's why the audience cheered. I should have put the rest of that on there. If I still have the clip I made for some friends I'll upload it tomorrow....if I remember....
          Sorry SunKrux...
          Hehehe...she has the best laugh in the world...that clip was just awesome!!!
          Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
          Spoiler:
          "Its usually just where im falling from great hights or when i come flying out through the stargate and land on the metal ramp they wont let us do that....for fear that well break things...like the ramp"

Love it
          Me too...then she cracks up...how cool!!
          Heh. Yep.
          And now that I know that crack up bit is actually at her own laugh, it just makes it cuter!
          Yep!!
          Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          Thanks for the video! Ouch poor Amanda and those job related injuries... lol and I complain about a paper cut She is such a trooper!! Is it September yet... oh wait Sanctuary WEbi 8 is supposed to air today! Yay!!
          Yeah...I've been going to my library all day and it's still not available...is it just me or are they late in getting it online?
          i would think the one thing about doing stunts...<snip>
          Speaking of stunts...have you done your part in attending your sisters wedding yet?? I don't know why but all day today I was thinking about it...weird huh??
          Anyhoo...SG has just finished and hubby is sleeping on the couch so I'm off...early start tomorrow with Tom's ortho appointment first thing in the morning and baking cakes all day in anticipation for family visiting...joy of joys!! Ooh speaking of Tom...he made it to the semi finals in the poetry competition at school...he practiced hard for it...now he's practicing for the finals...if he gets through we'll be partying...he's really excited about it so it's been a kind of big thing here...that and his guitar lessons which are finally showing fruit...anyhoo...night everyone, take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!
          (((Samanda)))
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hello!

Just popping by to say "HELLO!" and say I'm excited about Sanctuary wep 8 too (Yeah!)

(not to be a downer) Been seeing some AT/SC bashing elsewhere, and though I'm rather tired of it, I'm laughing cuz their negativity is positively promoting SC joining SGA. And they're polarizing anyone who didn't know, care, or have an opinion to join the pro-AT/SC ranks. Silly bashers!

So, throw me in your ranks and let's see what comes out!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMFAN31!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                Hello!

Just popping by to say "HELLO!" and say I'm excited about Sanctuary wep 8 too (Yeah!)

(not to be a downer) Been seeing some AT/SC bashing elsewhere, and though I'm rather tired of it, I'm laughing cuz their negativity is positively promoting SC joining SGA. And they're polarizing anyone who didn't know, care, or have an opinion to join the pro-AT/SC ranks. Silly bashers!

Well, everyone who respects Sam and Amanda is welcome here! Pull up a cushion and have some blue jello
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just be warned that I'm likely to go all perfectionist on your arses, decide it isn't good enough, cry tears of pure frustration and feelings of inadequacy and shut myself in my room for a week and worry my flatmate.

Cough. Should be fun
                  So-you write like I do. Excellent.

Comment

Hello!

Welcome aboard!

Ya gotta love the logic that is...NOT...of the bashers, don't ya?

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      I actually have video of Amanda talking about if not this than a similar incident. The sound does fade in and out at the beginning, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbW9CMfuhU
                      LOL, that's so funny! Amanda you gotta love her huh Thanks for sharing
                      Hello!

Hi Welcome to the thread, never mind the bashers at least you found your way here now, where Amanda/Sam is queen

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

i would think the one thing about doing stunts...ok, so in the course of my job i've gone up in a bucket truck...which can be kinda fun, or un fun if it's like 35 degrees with a 20 mph wind *brrrrr* but i had no issue doing it, becaue i knew the folks helping me set it up were doing things to keep me safe. they were careful about where they parked it, about me wearing the harness, etc. And if you have people doing what they can to keep you safe, it's easier to do stuff the LOOKS risky

Kinda like when i tandem skydived...dude, Steve (the instructor who was attched to me) had a VERY vested interest in getting us down safely, so why worry?
                        Yeah...that makes sense...the rest of the crew do have a vested interested (maybe not as much as your tandem sky diver ) in keeping actors uninjured...they like to work and get paid lol! Kinda like my team mates hauling me out of the bottom of a ruck by the scruff of my neck because they need their scrum half.

Hello!

Welcome to the warm wonderful weirdness of Samanda! Make yourself at home
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hello,

This is going to be quite important for those of you who contributed to writing Symbiosis for Easter this year.

I have just moved all of the fanfiction stories hosted at AmandaTapping.Com into a new script and the section is now called Fanfiction Archive. It went fine - the only problem I had was with symbiosis.
                          The new system requires you to log in if you are an author. Alternatively, you can add contributors if the story is written by several people. Clearly, this is the case here. At this point, all it says is "By Webmaster" and no word about anyone else.

I would like to remedy that. Best way would be if you could go to AmandaTapping.Com, click Fanfiction Archive on the left and register yourselves as members of the section (security purposes dictate registration as authors even though you may be registered with the AmandaTapping.Com site - it's a precautionary measure).

Once you are registered with the archive, let me know (best by email, it's the quickest - [email protected]) and I'll add you as co-authors/contributors for the story.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes!
                          Kamil
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            How does one get in contact with Lesley Bourne??
                            i would look through JR's fan site.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

Speaking of stunts...have you done your part in attending your sisters wedding yet?? I don't know why but all day today I was thinking about it...weird huh??
                            (((Samanda)))

LOL

the bridal shower is this weekend. the wedding 10-27, so i have a couple of months

thanks for the thoughts though. I'll need them to get through saturday withotu bloodshed
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Jill I can't agree with you more! Their evil plans are backfiring all over the place..hehe

Oh and Welcome! I've only been here a short time myself, but you'll never meet a more crazy fun bunch of Samanda's. Your padded cell will be number 23.

Comment

there's a new at/sam rant on joe's blog, but i just couldn't get enough ire to write back. it's just SO old now to have the same tired things said over and over against her.

i was, though, very close to just writing back and saying, 'oh, shut up'.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X