*chokes on drink*
      Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
      ::does too::
      ::Blinks innocently::

What?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Would those of you with a creative streak be interested in a Sam-centric wall or sig challenge? As September fast approaches, I thought it'd be cool to chronicle the many faces of Sam over the past 11 years.

Here's what I have so far:
        Sam from S1
        Sam from "TBFTGoG"
        Sam from S2
        Sam as Jolinar
        Sam from S3
        Robot!Sam
        Sam from POV
        Sam from S4
        Sam from BtS
        Sam as Entity
        Sam from 2010
        Sam from S5-S8
        Anubis!Carter
        RepliCarter
        Geek!Sam
        Sam from S9-10
        AU Sams from Ripple Effect
        Sam from S1-4 of Atlantis (specifically GUP)

And I'm probably missing a few!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Would those of you with a creative streak be interested in a Sam-centric wall or sig challenge? As September fast approaches, I thought it'd be cool to chronicle the many faces of Sam over the past 11 years.

Here's what I have so far:
          Sam from S1
          Sam from "TBFTGoG"
          Sam from S2
          Sam as Jolinar
          Sam from S3
          Robot!Sam
          Sam from POV
          Sam from S4
          Sam as Entity
          Sam from 2010
          Sam from S5-S8
          RepliCarter
          Geek!Sam
          Sam from S9-10
          AU Sams from Ripple Effect
          Sam from S1-4 of Atlantis

And I'm probably missing a few!
          I am in for the challenge, but atm I am very busy!!! So it might take a about a week to get all the sigs done Or do you want them all in one sig? cause then you need a huge sig

How about also Sam and all her friendships with her co-worker

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            I am in for the challenge, but atm I am very busy!!! So it might take a about a week to get all the sigs done Or do you want them all in one sig? cause then you need a huge sig

How about also Sam and all her friendships with her co-worker
            Sure! Whenever you get around to it. I just know there are some really talented people on the thread, and thought it'd be cool to see a culmination of work before S4 premieres.

Sam's friendships with her coworkers would be pretty neat - wherever your mind/muse takes you should be perfect.

Comment

Would anybody be interested in another "Women of the Gates" ficathon? I was thinking making the theme this time stories involving any two of the women, crossover or not. What does everyone think?

Women of the Gates

Comment

Would anybody be interested in another "Women of the Gates" ficathon? I was thinking making the theme this time stories involving any two of the women, crossover or not. What does everyone think?

Women of the Gates

Great Idea Deejay435. We have so many Ship fics but not many Friend fics. Every girl loves to have a girls night out or talking with that best girlfriend. We sometimes just need another woman to talk to for support. I know they didn't have time in the series since both actors, Amanda and Claudia, both had babies and were only together for a few episodes, but I did like the interaction between Sam and Vala. I always thought that Sam could teach Vala so many things, and I would have loved to see Sam's reactions to many of Vala's past activities. I know so many will not like want I say here but I would loved to have seen Sam helping Vala with Hair (maybe suggest to switch to ponytail all the time instead of pigtails) and Vala could help Sam with some flirting to use with Jack. Wouldn't it be fun to see Sam flirting with Jack?

Added my 5 stars to all the Sam threads.
                Last edited by QueenQetesh; 16 August 2007, 10:44 AM.
                Special Request Banner by Toomi (Thanks)

Comment

Women of the Gates
                  yeah I may be up for it... lol if I have a deadline I might actually finish the fic

Comment

Women of the Gates
                    Sure, I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenQetesh View Post
                      Great Idea Deejay435. We have so many Ship fics but not many Friend fics. Every girl loves to have a girls night out or talking with that best girlfriend. We sometimes just need another woman to talk to for support. I know they didn't have time in the series since both actors, Amanda and Claudia, both had babies and were only together for a few episodes, but I did like the interaction between Sam and Vala. I always thought that Sam could teach Vala so many things, and I would have loved to see Sam's reactions to many of Vala's past activities. I know so many will not like want I say here but I would loved to have seen Sam helping Vala with Hair (maybe suggest to switch to ponytail all the time instead of pigtails) and Vala could help Sam with some flirting to use with Jack. Wouldn't it be fun to see Sam flirting with Jack?

Added my 5 stars to all the Sam threads.
                      We did a crossover theme last time, so we didn't get any Sam-Vala fics. That's one reason I'd like to open it up more this time, I'd love to see Sam and Vala's friendship explored more, as well.

Keep an eye out here or at the LJ site, and we'll announce the details, if we get enough interest in another ficathon.

Comment

Deejay435, you might want to list this over at the DV thread. We have so many great fanfic writers. Maybe we could get a Sam Fic writer and A Vala fic writer to work together on a Fic. They could help each other in getting the feel of the characters. .....

This is a fun thread. I'm going to add it to my subscribtions. I need to watch more of the Early seasons. I feel so left out on some of the discussions.
                        Special Request Banner by Toomi (Thanks)

Comment

I'll certainly *read* a women of the gates ficathon.

Welcome to the thread QueenQetesh. There are definitely some great older episodes to catch up on.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Well, we'll just have to "encourage" you to take the plunge then.

How many participated in the Samanda Fic? We could easily get some great WofSG fics going if we had that sort of participation.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Welcome to the thread QueenQetesh. There are definitely some great older episodes to catch up on.
                              I'd certainly read one too! I've never finished a fic and I suck at writing female characters anyway but I'd be an avid supporter!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                Well, we'll just have to "encourage" you to take the plunge then.

How many participated in the Samanda Fic? We could easily get some great WofSG fics going if we had that sort of participation.
                                Absolutely, it would be great!

And Spazzy-I'm already thinking of some sigs for your suggestion as well.

Everyone-I need a screencap of that Vala-Sam hug from The Road Not Taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X