Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    Yes! YES the CLOWNS! <weg>

Safe driving when you head down Comic Con way! I'll be there in spirit and I have a feeling that my evil twinny and other friends there will call me at least ONCE while drunk.
    Thanks I'll totally wave as I go through the LBC.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      Daniel: This is so unfair!
      Sam: Come on, Daniel, you really did bring this on yourself - I mean, marrying Vala in Vegas! What were you thinking?!
      Daniel: The judge still didn't need to award her half my artifacts in the divorce settlement.
      Sam: She did have a great lawyer.
      Daniel: She represented herself!
      Sam: Exactly.
      Vala: *offscreen* And I'll take this one, and this one, this too... you can keep that one...

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Thanks for the link... I adore DH... it's nice to hear his take on s4 and Amanda and Jewel... I'm excited too!
      Me three!
      Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

I love this scene between Teal'c and Sam in Space Race! Sam is the one that says indeed in this one! lol
      I love it.
      Originally posted by vark10 View Post
      hey everyone, first time on thread
      Hi!

Comment

Spoiler:
        That sounds promising. It sounds as though Sam isn't going to immediately set foot on Atlantis and be universally welcomed and loved, and if she's "thrown into power", command of Atlantis may not be something she seeks so much as a role that is thrust upon her when Weir is no longer able for it.

If there are "little moments of conflict", then we may not have to worry about Sam's interactions with the Atlantis crew being restricted to verbal sparring matches with McKay.
        that's what i'm kinda looking forward to

my idea about s4
        Spoiler:

sam shows up to 'save them' from being marooned. she is either then put in command 'hey weir is out of commission, watch the store for her ok?.' but then, when she goes 'ok, how long will this TDY last.... they go 'umm, yeah, hope you brought your big suitcase' and she's just tossed in head first
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

my idea about s4
          Spoiler:

sam shows up to 'save them' from being marooned. she is either then put in command 'hey weir is out of commission, watch the store for her ok?.' but then, when she goes 'ok, how long will this TDY last.... they go 'umm, yeah, hope you brought your big suitcase' and she's just tossed in head first
          Spoiler:
          I think that Sam's chances of being accepted by viewers improve if her assignment as commander of Atlantis is a temporary one, at least at first.

Poor Sam, though. She expected to be back at the SGC short-term before returning to Area 51 and construction of her ship (I will never believe that she wanted a desk job) and wound up staying there a good two years, now she's going to be roped into another assignment she isn't seeking - and this one's three million lightyears away from home!

One thing I am curious about is whether or not Sheppard will be considered as a potential commander for Atlantis and to be honest, I'm not sure where I stand on this; it may ease Sam's transition somewhat if it is made clear that Sheppard did not want the job but at the same time being the second choice isn't the most auspicious beginning for her, especially when the first choice is still around.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Spoiler:
            I think that Sam's chances of being accepted by viewers improve if her assignment as commander of Atlantis is a temporary one, at least at first.

Poor Sam, though. She expected to be back at the SGC short-term before returning to Area 51 and construction of her ship (I will never believe that she wanted a desk job) and wound up staying there a good two years, now she's going to be roped into another assignment she isn't seeking - and this one's three million lightyears away from home!

One thing I am curious about is whether or not Sheppard will be considered as a potential commander for Atlantis and to be honest, I'm not sure where I stand on this; it may ease Sam's transition somewhat if it is made clear that Sheppard did not want the job but at the same time being the second choice isn't the most auspicious beginning for her, especially when the first choice is still around.
            To be honest,
            Spoiler:
            I don't think the military would've chosen Sheppard. He's a great team leader, and a great military commander in terms of rallying the troops and being a good example of an honorable officer. But I don't see the JCS picking him, nor do I see him being interested.

Judging by spoilers, it's possible that Carter would be the first choice purely because she's there when they make the decision that someone needs to take over for Weir. If Carter goes there simply to help them out in "Adrift," and word gets back to Earth that Weir is incapacitated/abducted/compromised they could just have Carter stay put until they can get Weir back.

Now, one thing that would interest me is how Caldwell takes it. He wanted the job when Liz was still there, so it would stand to reason that he would want it now that the position is available.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              To be honest,
              Spoiler:
              I don't think the military would've chosen Sheppard. He's a great team leader, and a great military commander in terms of rallying the troops and being a good example of an honorable officer. But I don't see the JCS picking him, nor do I see him being interested.

Judging by spoilers, it's possible that Carter would be the first choice purely because she's there when they make the decision that someone needs to take over for Weir. If Carter goes there simply to help them out in "Adrift," and word gets back to Earth that Weir is incapacitated/abducted/compromised they could just have Carter stay put until they can get Weir back.

Now, one thing that would interest me is how Caldwell takes it. He wanted the job when Liz was still there, so it would stand to reason that he would want it now that the position is available.
              Spoiler:
              Good point.

Plus, Caldwell has seniority, even if Sam is promoted to full colonel.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Good point.

Spoiler:
                Yep.

One spoiler that I read a while back had Caldwell treating Carter without hostility; but with appreciation. It wouldn't have been my first choice as far as interactions go, because I'm a fan of conflict, and I don't want to see anyone praise Carter too much for the sake of the antis (plus, it can get kinda lame).

ETA: If nothing else, I would like to see Carter oppose a few of Caldwell/Ellis' ideas from time to time, and strongly back Sheppard, McKay & Co. on certain issues.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Good point.

Spoiler:
                  True, Caldwell has senority, but when it comes down to it, Sam has more knowledge about the Stargate program than...anyone. DH made a remark about that in his interview.
                  Originally posted by David Hewlett
                  If anyone is going to know what's going on, it's Sam Carter. So why not put her in charge?
                  I know I'd rather have experience than senority.

Comment

Don't wory even if Sam in command doesn't make sense TPTB will have something to try to appease the fans. Anyway Sam in command of Atlantis makes much more sense than Cam in command of Sg-1 in s9...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                      Sam in command of Atlantis makes much more sense than Cam in command of Sg-1 in s9...
                      True that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        my idea about s4
                        Spoiler:

Now that I've read DH's interview (thanks for the heads-up, AD) and the other incoming news about S4, it seems that
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam will be going up against an enemy that holds special meaning for her, the Replicators!! Woot! If the writers capitalize on the past Carter connections to Fifth and Replicarter, there could be so many juicy possibilities ... can't wait!

I wonder if her "rescue" of SGA will be military or scientific or both? So, yes, Sky - I'm hoping that Sam saves the day once again, hopefully earning the respect and gratitude due her. Or not. Never know what the writers have up their sleeves. I do like her being thrust into the position in the first place though.

Comment

Maybe Caldwell will be
                          Spoiler:
                          glad to be rid of the Atlantis assignment. He always seems kind of peevish. He could be old enough to retire. I'm sure Sam has a good rep in the AF, but I agree with those who have said they don't want to see fawning over Carter. Not just because I doubt AF people would be effusive even if they respect someone, but b/c it would add fuel to the Carter haters.

Comment

Don't wory even if Sam in command doesn't make sense TPTB will have something to try to appease the fans. Anyway Sam in command of Atlantis makes much more sense than Cam in command of Sg-1 in s9...
                            LOL As Jack would say, "ya think?!"

Comment

Well it could hardly make less sense, could it?

Comment

Everyone's been speculating how Sam will officially arrive at Atlantis and I wondered ...

Spoiler:
                                Has anyone suggested that she may not come with the big guns on a spaceship but, instead, arrive via the space bridge? Or maybe that couldn't happen since the Atlantis Gateroom is hurtling through space? Anyone?!

Comment

Working...
                                X