X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

<snipped for length>

School Update
    I finished my official training and I'm now a qualified teacher. I'm being employed by this school until October which my pupils are thrilled about. I get most of the same classes next year and I also get to teach French Certificate, which is kinda exciting. I'm looking for somewhere to live at the moment, though. Which is a bit of a nightmare. My landlord is trying to boot me without notice based on an illegal inspection. Totally, totally illegal, so I'm going to stand up for my rights at my meeting tomorrow.

London
    A couple of weeks ago I went to London with Amy. She's always wanted to go to the Natural History Museum, so I said we'd go as part of her birthday weekend. Well, when we got there, I could have sworn that a convention had descended upon the museum. No-one told me that AT3 was due to be held last month in the Natural History Museum! Look.... LOOK at the proof!

Spoiler:

MegYn was there, or was that Eve?

JanSam was kept safely away behind glass (can't have people like that running around, after all!)

Spazzy looked a little dazed and confused, but the no man's land in between penguin and bear tends to cause that. Of course, when have we known Spazzy to be anything else

Mandy was spotted, eagerly awaiting Amanda.

And a couple of hundred lemmings stargate fen were spotted running ill-informedly around the place.

While I was there, I got caught in a daze and had a vision of the future...

65 million years later and Julia's STILL trying to get Amanda off the stage

And I'm as dead as this fella when she reads that!

But wait....

It can't be a Gabit event...

Look how long the poor emu had to wait in the queue!

That bout of randomness was brought to you by the letters "e" for "extreme" and "b" for boredom, also by the number "3" for the amount of hours it took to compose.
    Oh awesome. My mum has almost got her teaching degree, shell have it by the end of the year. I, however wont have mine for another 3 & 1/2 (probably cause i havent started it yet ).

LOL that is just brilliant, Very well done

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    *Blinks at previous posts*

I'm afraid to say that I'm in the mood for some Sam picspamming. My apologies

<sniped>
    No applogies needed I LOVE Pics of Sam and Amanda, YAY!!!

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    photos from resurgamlaura

<sniped>

Sam: Jack if you don't take your hand off my mouth I'm going to bite you!
    Jack: How do you know I won't like it?
    nice

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Jack: Ah come on Carter, can't you do it this one time?
    Sam: I'm sorry Sir, I can't.
    Jack: Pretty please.
    Sam: Sir, just because your batteries ran out, doesn't mean I can hook up your gameboy to a naquadah generator.
    HAHA, very good

1- the sam adventures continue!!

2- She has long hair

3- sam is in charge!

4- We'll see a new side of Sam. As Amanda said, she's like a completely different character to play as she is out of her comfort zone and forced to spread her wings in a new environment with new responsibilities and relationships.

5. Sam in leather (had to make sure AD knew about that one )

6 - Sam interacting with different people. I am especially intrigued by the interaction with Teyla and Ronan.

7. Sam pwning noobs.

8. Sam interacting with Lorne - my fave atlantis character

9. Sam promoted to FULL BIRD.

10. Its more Amanda (how can that not be fun and interesting)

Oh and...

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans out there, Actually to everyone out there
    Last edited by Amanda_Tapping_Fan; 04 July 2007, 07:13 PM.
    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      Thanks!!!

Comment

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          it was my honor.

and anytime you want a co-conspirator, you know where i am

HAPPY JULY 4TH EVERYONE!

I shall now go comfort my terrified animals as 2 or 3 million rounds of fireworks go off hehe

On the interview - I wish AT had more VACATION. Sheesh, she has a tough schedule.

And juicy spoiler about Helen?

Spoiler:
          She took an elixer to get her longevity? Or was that just a "what - if" scenario from AT? If it is an elixer, odds are it is chocolate based.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
            Thanks!!!
            No problem! That's what I am here for - English/1337, 1337/English translator.

Comment

Some of my favorite Carter shots

Credit: the graphic of Pilot!Sam with the CarterCopter against the nebula background was done by SamFan31.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                rofl, thats a pretty good article on leetspeak.

ah, the internet. endless hours of amusement

Comment

2- She has long hair

3- sam is in charge!

4- We'll see a new side of Sam. As Amanda said, she's like a completely different character to play as she is out of her comfort zone and forced to spread her wings in a new environment with new responsibilities and relationships.

6 - Sam interacting with different people. I am especially intrigued by the interaction with Teyla and Ronan.

7. Sam pwning noobs.

11. Jack will start getting his memos.
                  Spoiler:
                  Because Sam is running things so well... you didn't think I meant the personal memos, did you?
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    Excuse me sir, but in your interview with Amanda you asked questions regarding fans criticism regarding her character's ability to lead effectively on the show as well as if she was the best person to have been asked to join the cast. Amanda's responses to your very personal questions seem to have been taken with a bit more tact than you yourself have dealt with in terms of the criticism you received regarding your interview. Perhaps you should take a lesson from Amanda on how to deal with such remarks.

I was not personally attacking you. I was simply stating that I did not feel all the questions were appropriate; however, if you feel better attacking me for my opinion, then I believe our discussion is over.

Cheers,
                    Kat

Loved your post Kat...well said...I put it in spoilers though to kinda hide it...I don't know if we're allowed to mention it anymore...I fear the noodle!!!
                    Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    It's 7.50am.

You know... a couple of weeks ago I was grinning. I had to go to a counselor at uni to get some forms signed and he asked me to stay the full hour of the appointment time. You know why I was grinning? A counselor who didn't tell me I was depressed, tell me I should be on drugs, try and make me talk to inanimate objects or ask me what colour I was feeling.
                    Yeah, he rocks.
                    *eta*

Oh, he said I need to sort out my sleep.
                    You don't say??? Sort out your sleep heh?? I would love to meet this fella...any suggestions on how to get a good nights sleep??? Both hubby and I could do with any helpful tips right now...the house is kinda crowded and we haven't had a proper nights sleep for 3 weeks!!
                    The drugs sound good!! But the chocolate sounds even better...except I don't think the scales would like me if I eat more chocolate!!
                    My current color I'm feeling is.....purple...oh wait....I'm actually purple...it's a bit cold...
                    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    guys i will make a general comment
                    Have you ever interviewed an actor?
                    Seriously, have you ever sat down and talked to an actor?
                    You may think that it's easy but it's not. It's hard. Very, very hard. I've been lucky enough to interview Carmen Argenziano, Jamie Bamber and Amanda. In all cases i spent days surfing the net, searching for information so that i'd have something original to ask them. It's not easy to come up with 20-30 questions. And if you've been to a con or read an interview, you don't want to come up with the same handful over and over and over that they've been asked 29 times already that week.
                    Then you sit down to do it. In carmen's case, it was over the phone. Jamie was delayed filming so came to the con late and i got to talk to him while he watched the final game of the world cup...and trust me, i was the last thing on his mind. With amanda i had to turn the questions in MONTHS ahead of hte interview so i couldn't really ask her timely stuff unless i managed to slip it in.
                    And then comes the transcript time. Which takes for frelling ever let me tell you. And then you have to try to ask timely quesetions without repeating yourself, and come up with something interesting without sounding like a dweeb and go away from the interview hoping that you didn't insult the actor and that they don't think your'e some sort of moron.
                    Then you put it out there and get feedback and you realize that no matter what happens, someone will whine and complain and twist your words to mean what they want it to mean to support whatever they want it to support.
                    Every person will read into your interview what they WANT to read into it and take away from it what they want to take away from it.
                    Great post Sky! Never interviewed an actor per say...but you remember I went to a con in April and asked for any questions that I should ask Carmen Argenziano or Don S Davis and you gave me a bundle...it went so well...I was just yacking away with the fellas having a good ole time...i asked all the questions I had in my little green book...including a slightly controversial one with Carmen...it dealt with the Sam/Jack ship...but...I was given some advice on how to address the question so I approached him and asked him if I could ask a question in the Q&A session which was being held the next day, and explained that the question might be a little not to his liking...I asked if I could read it out to him...privately...and asked if he would mind if I could ask this question....he said "go ahead"...and I asked him the question...and he asked me if he could get back to me about it and I was like "yeah sure". The next day at the Q&A he remembered me from the night before and asked me to ask the question...to which I did and he answered it....but I also had to remind him of what his character had said coz his answer sorta contradicted what happened in the episode...and he thought about it for a moment and gave me another answer...which was totally awesome...for me anyway...and it was the same with Don...I actually had people asking me where I got my information from...it was cool!! I felt so confidant when asking the questions...it was like talking to a friend really...I thoroughly enjoyed it...of course, I wouldn't have been able to ask as many questions if it wasn't for Sky and a few other GW'ers who gave me some great questions and ideas...my next mission...I would love to interview Amanda...and when I get to meet her...well...as terrible a singer as I am...I would love to sing the Truly Scrumptious song to her...actually...I reckon that at AT4 all us Samandans should sing it...but slightly altered...just an idea!! And I say AT4 coz I won't be at AT3...what do you think???...who's gonna sing with me???
                    Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    So many interesting conversations to comment on! I've been offline for a few days now because of a dodgy internet connection and so forth, so I've got bits of (off topic) news in addition to a few Samandan comments....

Martin Wood and Amanda
                    The recent comments on this have had me desperate to reply, but then my internet died! Most of you know the Trollop tale by now (those that don't, SHAME ON YOU!), but after calling Amanda a trollop and inducing a bar-wide gasp, Damian and Amanda started telling us all about Martin and Amanda's on-set relationship. They do indeed act like siblings, apparently beating each other up (I presume that's verbal aggression!) all the time. "Amanda likes the abuse," according to Damian Kindler. I have even been informed that she enjoys that more than the compliments (please bear in mind that Mr Kindler was exhausted and jet lagged) and it makes her feel at home

School Update
                    I finished my official training and I'm now a qualified teacher. I'm being employed by this school until October which my pupils are thrilled about. I get most of the same classes next year and I also get to teach French Certificate, which is kinda exciting. I'm looking for somewhere to live at the moment, though. Which is a bit of a nightmare. My landlord is trying to boot me without notice based on an illegal inspection. Totally, totally illegal, so I'm going to stand up for my rights at my meeting tomorrow.

London
                    A couple of weeks ago I went to London with Amy. She's always wanted to go to the Natural History Museum, so I said we'd go as part of her birthday weekend. Well, when we got there, I could have sworn that a convention had descended upon the museum. No-one told me that AT3 was due to be held last month in the Natural History Museum! Look.... LOOK at the proof!

Spoiler:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00048.jpg
                    MegYn was there, or was that Eve?
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00044.jpg
                    JanSam was kept safely away behind glass (can't have people like that running around, after all!)
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00043.jpg
                    Spazzy looked a little dazed and confused, but the no man's land in between penguin and bear tends to cause that. Of course, when have we known Spazzy to be anything else
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00041.jpg
                    Mandy was spotted, eagerly awaiting Amanda.
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00042.jpg
                    And a couple of hundred lemmings stargate fen were spotted running ill-informedly around the place.
                    While I was there, I got caught in a daze and had a vision of the future...
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00037.jpg
                    65 million years later and Julia's STILL trying to get Amanda off the stage
                    And I'm as dead as this fella when she reads that!
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2/DSC00047.jpg
                    But wait....
                    It can't be a Gabit event...

Look how long the poor emu had to wait in the queue!

That bout of randomness was brought to you by the letters "e" for "extreme" and "b" for boredom, also by the number "3" for the amount of hours it took to compose.
                    You watch far too much Sesame Street!! I love your post Tracy...cracked me up!!
                    Congrats on becoming a fully qualified teacher...we need teachers over here...interested???
                    That poor Emu...that'll be me if I don't get to AT4...D'oH!!!
                    Originally posted by tagger View Post
                    HAPPY JULY 4TH EVERYONE!

On the interview - I wish AT had more VACATION. Sheesh, she has a tough schedule.

And juicy spoiler about Helen?

Spoiler:
                    She took an elixer to get her longevity? Or was that just a "what - if" scenario from AT? If it is an elixer, odds are it is chocolate based.
                    (((Amanda)))...wish she had more free time too...just so long as she doesn't burn herself out...and so long as she's having fun...which I'm sure she is!!
                    I think I'll refrain from making any comments about the interview...I did say last night that I wasn't that happy with it so I'll stick with that...I mean I wasn't totally disappointed...but anyway...on with life!!
                    About Helen...
                    Spoiler:
                    How on earth did she freeze the embryo??? Or should I be asking this elsewhere??
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

2- She has long hair

3- sam is in charge!

7. Sam pwning noobs.

11. Jack will start getting his memos.
                      Spoiler:
                      Because Sam is running things so well... you didn't think I meant the personal memos, did you?

12. Sam and McKay...yay!! *Not shipping though!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

<sniped for length>

Great post Sky! Never interviewed an actor per say...but you remember I went to a con in April and asked for any questions that I should ask Carmen Argenziano or Don S Davis and you gave me a bundle...it went so well...I was just yacking away with the fellas having a good ole time...i asked all the questions I had in my little green book...including a slightly controversial one with Carmen...it dealt with the Sam/Jack ship...but...I was given some advice on how to address the question so I approached him and asked him if I could ask a question in the Q&A session which was being held the next day, and explained that the question might be a little not to his liking...I asked if I could read it out to him...privately...and asked if he would mind if I could ask this question....he said "go ahead"...and I asked him the question...and he asked me if he could get back to me about it and I was like "yeah sure". The next day at the Q&A he remembered me from the night before and asked me to ask the question...to which I did and he answered it....but I also had to remind him of what his character had said coz his answer sorta contradicted what happened in the episode...and he thought about it for a moment and gave me another answer...which was totally awesome...for me anyway...and it was the same with Don...I actually had people asking me where I got my information from...it was cool!! I felt so confidant when asking the questions...it was like talking to a friend really...I thoroughly enjoyed it...of course, I wouldn't have been able to ask as many questions if it wasn't for Sky and a few other GW'ers who gave me some great questions and ideas...my next mission...I would love to interview Amanda...and when I get to meet her...well...as terrible a singer as I am...I would love to sing the Truly Scrumptious song to her...actually...I reckon that at AT4 all us Samandans should sing it...but slightly altered...just an idea!! And I say AT4 coz I won't be at AT3...what do you think???...who's gonna sing with me???

<sniped for length>
                        Oh i will, you can count me in
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Ok...for some strange reason, I can download pics but they only come up as links so any suggestions folks as to why this might be happening??
                          Hmmm...might try something else...hope this works...

Nope...didn't work...see what I mean...it comes up like this...D'oH!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Trying something else...

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok...I know what I did wrong...oopsies!!

Now...I goota go do the RL stuff we mums have to do...D'oH!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think I need to put some in spoilers coz they're from season 10!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
                                I'm someone too sensitive and comments from people affects me too much, and on 2 pages with only negative comments and insults, I felt as I was just a piece of <snip>. Yeah, I felt VERY hurted by those comments.
                                By the way, this isn't my first interview, I've done almost a hundreds of interviews already:
                                http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews.htm
                                I have to say this may not be your first interview, but you're certainly reacting to the comments about it as if it were. If you have done a hundred interviews, I would think you would be used to negative and positive criticism as both are usually received after interviews are posted. Perhaps you should not be an interviewer if you are going to get this upset at negative critcism of your interviews.

To answer the question; I have never done an interview and never plan to as I would totally fail at it. However, if I was going to conduct an interview and post it on the internet, I would certainly hope for positive feedback but also expect some negative feedback.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X