• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, what a great Canadian to put in the pic Jan
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I'll be getting it too, but maybe not right away. If anyone does post stuff from the commentaries, please remember to put it in *spoilers* just like you would for new episodes.

(zuz made that smilie on my request. isn't it good?)

My spoiler phobia extends to commentaries.
      I'll be getting Season 10.

Oh very good....may I snurch for use with chats with my Dad???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        Oh, Canada... (ok I'll stop singing now)

Comment

Oh please do.....don't want to get Mandy started
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            you know, i love my niece. i love watching her grow and develop and turn from this little bundle of warmth into an interactive and learning and developing being

but have my own??? i know the fantasy, i know the primal programming, i know the maternal instinct...but there are days when i can barely take care of myself. there are days when i don't want to take care of anyone else. when i want to do what i want to do and don't want to have to put things on hold for someone else.

and complicate that with i have yet to find a guy i want to spend time with, i don't thikn i'll ever have kids. I think i'll be just fine being an aunt.

i doubt the world will end if i don't procreate and hey, what kid doesn't need a whacked out aunt
            You know, I used to feel the exact same way. Growing up, I never had an urge to get married and have a family. My sister, on the other hand, talked about it all the time. That was her dream. She just wanted to get married and have a big family.

I always considered myself too selfish and too much of a perfectionist to be a mother. Don't get me wrong, I adore babies and they still make me all soft when I see them, but I knew that being a mom took a lot of patience, something I tend to lack, and therefore I just never thought having a family would be in the cards for me. But then I met my husband and while we never truly planned to start a family, we did and now I can't imagine my life any other way. It's amazing how children change your life. They make you see the world in ways you never dreamed possible --at least I never did -- but then my family always told me I was born with an old soul.

I agree that having children isn't for everyone, but things change. I was 33 when my daughter was born. Amanda was 40 when her daughter was born, and my sister has still yet to find someone she wants to settle down with and have a family. So never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
              Oh please do.....don't want to get Mandy started
              ...my home and native land....

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This is for all those north of the border:

Happy Canada Day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  This is for all those north of the border:

Happy Canada Day!!!
                  From me too! Yay Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    ...my home and native land....

...true patriot love in ...

oh *ahem* sorry thought this was a sing along.

Happy Canada Day

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      It's never been shown onscreen, but Sam must have confronted the same about herself. She obviously considered children with Pete (given her conversation with Jack when she was deciding whether to accept his proposal), so she gave up that possibility along with the white picket fence when she broke up with him. She's sacrified so much in her personal life for her job, not having children is a big one.
                      Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                      Oh come on you don't think she's sacrificied her relationship with Pete for her job
                      No I don't. The comments about Pete just happen to be expressed in the same paragraph.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        who here is going to get season 10 on dvd? if you do, can you let us/ME know what amanda has to say in the 3 commentaries she's doing? ('line in the sand', 'the road not taken', and 'unending')

sally
                        I'll get it, but I think I'll wait until the New Year. Barnes and Noble has a buy one get one free sale on TV on DVD then, so I could get both SG-1 season 10and SGA season 3 then. I'm sitting on a gift card that would cover it.

Amanda's commentaries will be the first thing I watch when I get them.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I'll be buying S10 on the 24th. I've already ordered SGA3 from Amazon (I can wait for SGA to arrive. I want SG1 right away!)
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

i may catch it used at my local previewed dvd store...unless someone buys it for me.

if i don't get around to it, it'll go on my christmas list
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder:

We are planning a super secret Sanctuary project related to Comic Con, but you don't have to be going to participate. PM me or vikitty for details!

Deadline is July 15th.

We haven't gotten many responses We need more people! As many was we can get. This is meant to represent the fans of Sanctuary. Spread the word. And those who have received the details, but haven't sent in your info - do it!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

Amanda's commentaries will be the first thing I watch when I get them.
                                She always does such good commentaries, IMHO. She gives a mix of serious behind the scenes stuff with a good amount of humor. And just to hear MW or PDL crack her up is worth the price of admission.

Comment

Working...
                                X