Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    Actually, to me, it looks like it's a font that's made to look like hand writing. You can tell because the letters are too perfect - each S is exactly the same etc. No one can write that perfectly.

I wondered about that, because even though the "handwriting" looks different for each individual's entry, in some cases, the quotes are very similar if not identical to some of the earlier interviews. For example, here
    are Martin Wood's and Claudia Black’s yearbook entries. Martin’s certainly looks very much like it’s handwritten, but it’s exactly the same thing as he said when he interrupted Amanda’s interview, and Claudia’s entry is word for word from her interview in the magazine. I think the magazine just wanted to make it look like a typical high school yearbook, with individual comments from friends, so they even make it look like pages in a book, not just pages in a magazine.

Spoiler:

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
      The latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came today, and it's really good. It's a special 100 page issue devoted to SG-1 and has long interviews with all the main cast members and others, some behind the scenes pictures from the filming of Unending, and lots of other goodies.

I scanned in Amanda's interview and have the pictures here, behind spoilers because they're big. In the interview, she talks about her original audition for the role, and there were things there that I'd never heard before. The interviewer is Natalie Barnes, and when you get to the last 2 pages, there's also a part where Martin Wood comes into Amanda's trailer and so it's a separate interview at the bottom of the page. He and Amanda joke around in it a lot, but one thing that struck me is that he says what he's going to miss is the "core cast", meaning O'Neill, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c.

NC

oooooo, I hope mine arrives soon
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I haven't heard of True Movies, but I have seen the movie, and let's just say it wasn't one of the best written movies
        Just trying to have a complete Amanda collection. I even got Booty call and she's in it for all of 60 seconds. And Silken can't be any worse than The Haunting of Lisa.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

The latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came today, and it's really good. It's a special 100 page issue devoted to SG-1 and has long interviews with all the main cast members and others, some behind the scenes pictures from the filming of Unending, and lots of other goodies.

I scanned in Amanda's interview and have the pictures here, behind spoilers because they're big. In the interview, she talks about her original audition for the role, and there were things there that I'd never heard before. The interviewer is Natalie Barnes, and when you get to the last 2 pages, there's also a part where Martin Wood comes into Amanda's trailer and so it's a separate interview at the bottom of the page. He and Amanda joke around in it a lot, but one thing that struck me is that he says what he's going to miss is the "core cast", meaning O'Neill, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c.

Page 1
          Spoiler:

Page 2
          Spoiler:

Page 3
          Spoiler:

Page 4
          Spoiler:

Page 5
          Spoiler:

Page 6
          Spoiler:

NC
          Thankyou NC for putting this up, nice little peek into Amanda
          ......TARA......

Comment

More pictures from the official Stargate magazine. The first two are “album” pages from shooting Unending and the wrap up. Most of the pictures in the album are ones that we’ve already seen in the Gateworld farewell pages, but there are a couple of Amanda related ones here that I didn’t see in the Gateworld pics. There’s one of Amanda crying, and on the second page, one where she’s having the old-age make-up applied.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These shots are from the so-called Stargate SG-1 Yearbook in the magazine, which includes little thank you notes from the cast and some of the crew. I included Amanda’s note, and Joe M.’s, since it was on the same page as Amanda’s. I know it’s hard to make out in this picture, but on the cover group shot, look at the bottom. It looks like Amanda is holding Olivia (in yellow), and Michael and Lexa are holding their kids. At least I assume that those are their kids, not just some stray kids hanging around.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NC
            Wow as a fan it means alot to me to see handwritten notes from Amanda and TPTB, more personal, wow i'm touched, thankyou Amanda and all!
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

All this fighting over me? Should I clue them in that jckfan is the one I want?
              and I thought this was a Sam thread--how did I get here?
              How did Jack get on the Sam thread??!!!

They are TOGETHER people.

Hehe.

(No offense intended, just playin' )

NC, thank you so much for posting the magazine - will have to buy one ASAP.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

More pictures from the official Stargate magazine. The first two are “album” pages from shooting Unending and the wrap up. Most of the pictures in the album are ones that we’ve already seen in the Gateworld farewell pages, but there are a couple of Amanda related ones here that I didn’t see in the Gateworld pics. There’s one of Amanda crying, and on the second page, one where she’s having the old-age make-up applied.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These shots are from the so-called Stargate SG-1 Yearbook in the magazine, which includes little thank you notes from the cast and some of the crew. I included Amanda’s note, and Joe M.’s, since it was on the same page as Amanda’s. I know it’s hard to make out in this picture, but on the cover group shot, look at the bottom. It looks like Amanda is holding Olivia (in yellow), and Michael and Lexa are holding their kids. At least I assume that those are their kids, not just some stray kids hanging around.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NC
                I just love the year book pics and writings there awesome

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                A little something....I made it awhile ago but wasn't quite sure about posting since I mainly lurk.

And I made this one recently...

Wow those are awesome Amber
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Moebius part 2 is on in New Zealand right noe.

When they all get down just before the jaffa grenade thing is thrown at them "ah... sh-" Geek!Sam looks very geeky and uncoordinated. Is she pregnant enough to have trouble getting down or is that all acting? 'cos either way, it's a brilliant Geek!Sam moment.

Oooh! Ads are over!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thanks, NC, for posting this info from the Stargate Magazine, including Amanda's interview! A great interview, indeed! It was a joy to read.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

When they all get down just before the jaffa grenade thing is thrown at them "ah... sh-" Geek!Sam looks very geeky and uncoordinated. Is she pregnant enough to have trouble getting down or is that all acting? 'cos either way, it's a brilliant Geek!Sam moment.

Oooh! Ads are over!
                      I'm not exactly sure in what order they filmed Moebius, but if they filmed it near the end of their shoooting schedule it would have been in Sept or October which should have put Amanda in her first trimester.
                      Spoiler:

I know when I was pregnant the doctor told me the first three months or so was the time when you had to be the most careful and from what I have read nearly 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. The first trimester being one of the most critical times of the pregnancy and women with a history of miscarriages have a much higher risk. So I could imagine that she may have chosen to not jump down or roll on the ground for those reasons, but you never know it may have all just been her way of making Sam even more uncoordinated and geeky.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        *backs away slowly...doesn't want to get bit by this podsal

Um, ok...you can have Ben...I'll take Jack!

*grabs Jack's hand and runs

*after running with Jack for a while, Sun meets up with Sky, who oddly enough has Teal'c with her.

Hey Sky, want to trade?
                        ooh, sounds good to me

hands off the jaffa and takes me a general
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Oooh! Ads are over!
                          i think it was a combo. her being careful and being a little ungainly

moebius was taped when? i thought sept/oct ish since it was the finale, and if she had olivia in march, she'd have been 3-4 months...just starting to show but in that 'ok, if there's gonna be trouble it'll be now' phase (very generally speaking, if you're gonna have amiscarriage it's often in the first couple of months and once you hit that second trimester you're 'safer')

so i can see it being her physical limitiation/issues compounded with the need to make geek sam, well ungraceful and geeky
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            it's ben browder's fault!

-dang those blue eyes and... -

sally
                            You're not the only one taken by the "dang blue eyes" and.......

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              I'm not exactly sure in what order they filmed Moebius, but if they filmed it near the end of their shoooting schedule it would have been in Sept or October which should have put Amanda in her first trimester.
                              Spoiler:

I know when I was pregnant the doctor told me the first three months or so was the time when you had to be the most careful and from what I have read nearly 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. The first trimester being one of the most critical times of the pregnancy and women with a history of miscarriages have a much higher risk. So I could imagine that she may have chosen to not jump down or roll on the ground for those reasons, but you never know it may have all just been her way of making Sam even more uncoordinated and geeky.

Kat
                              Yeah, I also thought that was why Daniel helped Sam out of the boat and Jack was so quick to take the ZPM box from her at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                How did Jack get on the Sam thread??!!!

They are TOGETHER people.

Hehe.
                                Only in your mind, tagger, only in your mind. And sally's and other deluded types...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i think it was a combo. her being careful and being a little ungainly

moebius was taped when? i thought sept/oct ish since it was the finale, and if she had olivia in march, she'd have been 3-4 months...just starting to show but in that 'ok, if there's gonna be trouble it'll be now' phase (very generally speaking, if you're gonna have amiscarriage it's often in the first couple of months and once you hit that second trimester you're 'safer')

so i can see it being her physical limitiation/issues compounded with the need to make geek sam, well ungraceful and geeky
                                That's kind of what I thought. I loved that scene.

On another note, I ran across this link when I was cleaning some stuff off my computer. It has Oooober's "That Girl" (Amanda tribute) video on it. If any of the newer people haven't seen it, it's worth seeing. I generally don't watch these, (no offense to other video makers--I just don't get around to it) but I get a kick out of this one.

http://www.uberamandafan.com

Comment

Working...
                                X