Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    Well I gotta say...I love dreams...and I love them even more when I get to chat with Amanda...it's kinda nice waking up in the morning after a good yak with her...much better than these frellin bad dreams I've been having I'd love to have one with Jason Mamoa...a dream that is...he just so...yum!!
    So I'm assuming your husband never reads here?

I want to see his tattoo.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      I have to admit the only dream I can recall ever having with Amanda involved the filming of a very sexy commercial with Amanda and Jason Momoa. I think it was a commercial for men's cologne and Amanda was being very un-Sam like in it and Jason -- well Jason -- was hot! Which I have to admit is rather odd, seeing as at the time of my dream, I hadn't really seen many episodes of Atlantis. I suppose that means Momoa left a very strong and lasting impression on my subconcious mind. hehe

Oh wait! That's not true. I recall having a dream with Amanda and fried chicken too, but I won't bore you with the details. Besides, I prefer reminiscing on the sexy dream instead. Very strange how dreams work!
      Amanda and Jason ... ah, yes, ah, yes ... two hotties! I can't wait to see them together in SGA. Forget the Rodney encounters, bring on Ronon!

Kat, tried to email you but it came back ... loved your short fic. Write more!

The fried chicken, I'm not even gonna go there!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        So I'm assuming your husband never reads here?

I want to see his tattoo.
        My hubby?? Read here??? Bwhahahahaha!!!That's so funny it hurts!!!
        Nope! Huby does not read here..in fact he loathes reading anything at all!!
        And Jason has a tattoo??? Where?? What of?? Do tell!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I was reading a book on the pioneer women pilots who were being tested during the early 1960s for going into space. They were hoping to become the first female astronauts but politics and patriarchy pulled the plug on them.

However, during their grueling training in all kinds of NASA (different name then can't remember) space simulators etc etc, the women fared better than the men! What really made me LOL though was the statement that "because their reproductive organs are on the inside", the women were actually safer from the dangers of radiation.

Sam Carter, did you hear that?!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            My hubby?? Read here??? Bwhahahahaha!!!That's so funny it hurts!!!
            Nope! Huby does not read here..in fact he loathes reading anything at all!!
            And Jason has a tattoo??? Where?? What of?? Do tell!!!
            Hehe, so you're free to lust admire.

And about the tattoo

vague spoilers for S4
            Spoiler:
            All I know for Joe is that it's going to be written into the show and is a Maori design.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              I was reading a book on the pioneer women pilots who were being tested during the early 1960s for going into space. They were hoping to become the first female astronauts but politics and patriarchy pulled the plug on them.

However, during their grueling training in all kinds of NASA (different name then can't remember) space simulators etc etc, the women fared better than the men! What really made me LOL though was the statement that "because their reproductive organs are on the inside", the women were actually safer from the dangers of radiation.

Holy Hannah...that is so cool!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh, that is just too perfect!
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Hehe, so you're free to lust admire.

And about the tattoo

vague spoilers for S4
                  Spoiler:
                  All I know for Joe is that it's going to be written into the show and is a Maori design.
                  I wonder if that's what was on his
                  Spoiler:
                  neck!!{

back later...RL is calling!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I learned all about that at Space Camp! The first female in Space was Russian cause the Russian's wanted to beat America. They beat America at all the firsts except or Landing on the Moon.

We had a speaker talk about Russian Space History. Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space on the Vostik 6 on June 16 1963. They sent her up for political reasons. But then next woman in space was Svetalana Savitskaya on August 19 - 27 1982. She was the first woman to do an EVA.

The first American woman in space was Sally Ride and she went up on STS-7 on Jun 24, 1983.

heh I like this stuff...

Okay. I'll leave now.
                    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post

*snip*

Okay. I'll leave now.
                      Don't LEAVE!

I need yelling at.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yet your fat lazy arse out of that rack!

I left to shower, now I'm back for a little while. Marian just walked into my room while I was drying myself... serves her right for not knocking.

Has anyone seen the film wit AT in it that also has Meatloaf? And Kristin Davis I think...?
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                          I learned all about that at Space Camp! The first female in Space was Russian cause the Russian's wanted to beat America. They beat America at all the firsts except or Landing on the Moon.

We had a speaker talk about Russian Space History. Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space on the Vostik 6 on June 16 1963. They sent her up for political reasons. But then next woman in space was Svetalana Savitskaya on August 19 - 27 1982. She was the first woman to do an EVA.

The first American woman in space was Sally Ride and she went up on STS-7 on Jun 24, 1983.

heh I like this stuff...

Okay. I'll leave now.
                          i loved the movie, 'space camp'!

really, i did. my fave character in the movie was kate capshaw's. i could *so* see amanda playing that character. for non 'space camp' ppl, kate's character (andi i think) was an astronaut that hadn't gotten her chance to go into space, except when a freak accident (that only tv/movie writers would create ) caused her and her group of space campers to go there. then kate's character got whumped and... it was a fun and wish-fulfilling (for me) movie.

-amanda would have been *great* in it!-

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

really, i did. my fave character in the movie was kate capshaw's. i could *so* see amanda playing that character. for non 'space camp' ppl, kate's character (andi i think) was an astronaut that hadn't gotten her chance to go into space, except when a freak accident (that only tv/movie writers would create ) caused her and her group of space campers to go there. then kate's character got whumped and... it was a fun and wish-fulfilling (for me) movie.

sally
                            Oh my gosh! That movie! I looooooooved it too! I never went to space camp, but I did get to visit NASA and meet an astronaut. And I remember at DFW on the way to Vancouver we met this girl who reminded me of a mini Sam Carter. She was on her way to NASA and wanted to be a NASA scientist when she grew up.
                            Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 20 June 2007, 08:32 PM. Reason: and and an...:P

Comment

For all of you that skip the front page - GateWorld had added picture from Unending and there are some fun ones of Sam so be warned of spoiler pictures if you have not seen the episode yet.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/ima...0_68.jpg.shtml
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                                Lol. We had to watch that at Space Camp. Hehe. It was funny cause some of it was filmed at the actual Space Camp in Alabama and some of it was filmed at Cape Canaveral. When you see all the kids in the hab going to sleep, that's actually filmed in the cafeteria...
                                Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Oh my gosh! That movie! I looooooooved it too! I never went to space camp, but I did get to visit NASA an meet and astronaut. And I remember at DFW on the way to Vancouver we met this girl who reminded me of a mini Sam Carter. She was on her way to NASA and wanted to be a NASA scientist when she grew up.
                                Awwwh, that's awesome
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X