No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's kind of off topic, but here's the updated Gateworld to Sanctuary username decoder list.

Gateworld Name------ Sanctuary Name

Agent Dark------ Agent Dark
    Amber Moon------ Amber Moon
    antoa315------ antoa315
    becky preen------ becky.preen
    chelle db------ chelle db
    Chevron Seven------ Mangus7
    Chopingal------ Chopin Gal
    Dani76------ Dani76
    Deejay435------ Deejay435
    DipsofJazz------ dipsofjazz
    ForeverSG1------ Kat
    JanSam------ JanSam
    jckfan------ ?????
    JuliaR------ Julia.hague
    kes------ kes
    kir_fect------ KirFect
    LaCroix------ LaCroix
    Lady Jeep------ LadyJeep
    Linwelin------ Linwelin
    majorsal------ majorsal
    MajorSam------ MajorSam
    Mandysg1------ Mandy
    meredithchandler73------ meredithchandler73
    MickSpeed------ MickSpeed
    minigeek------ minigeek (aka ilovesushi)
    Myrth------ Myrth
    myblackrose------ myblackrose
    NearlyCircula------ r nearly circular
    Nibikko------ Nibikko
    Nolamom------ nolamom
    NZBG------ NZNeep (aka imakesushi)
    Parsifal------ Parsifal
    Purpleyin------ Purpleyin
    RealmOfX------ realmofx
    rderoch------ rderoch
    RepliCartertje------ RepliCartertje
    SamCarterFan------ Tamara
    samcarterrules------ samcarterrules
    SamFan31------ Intrepid
    scarimor------ scarimor
    SG Gato------ SG Gato
    scifithinker------ scifithinker
    SG1Poz------ ??? (Poz?)
    Shimmering Star------ ShimmeringStar
    SkyDiver------ Skydiver (aka wecallitbait)
    Spacegirlnz------ Spacegirlnz
    Stargate Barbie------ ????
    starprops------ maureenprop
    Strix Varia------ gunhilda
    SunKrux------ SunKrux
    suse------ suse
    SWMBOTGSG------ SWMBOTGSG
    Tara3583------ tara3583
    the dancer of spaz------ ???? (notoompahloompahtapdancing)
    Tracy Jane------ ????
    Tsaxlady------ tsaxlady
    ÜberSG-1Fan------ ÜberSancturaryFan
    wibbling------ wibbling

NC
    Last edited by NearlyCircular; 31 March 2007, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
      I know it's kind of off topic, but here's the updated Gateworld to Sanctuary username decoder list.

*various snips*

minigeek------ minigeek (aka ilovesushi)
      NearlyCircula------r nearly circular (aka irock!)
      NZBG------ NZNeep (aka imakesushi)
      SkyDiver------ Skydiver (aka wecallitbait)
      Spacegirlnz------ Spacegirlnz(aka iprefertequilandpizza)

NC
      HAhahaha! I love it! There... I added a bit

Thanks for working on the list, it is really helpful.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        I got an idea!! IF...I should win the 21 mill tonight...coz I'm hoping my numbers come up soon...I will take you to Comic Con...and if you want you can join me and AD at AT3...coz I promised him that I would take him if I won the lottery!! Sound ok??
        Deal!! And I'll reciprocate

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
        Hiya Chelle You're my friend.

^That has nothing to do with any lottery btw
        Kiwi cousins included
        -

Comment

A Tribute to Amanda and All Royal Elders of Samanda

"A seasoned woman is spicy", writes Gail Sheehy, the over-50-and-proud author of Passages and founder of the Seasoned Women’s Network online. "She has been marinated in life experience. She is at the peak of her influence and power. She is committed to living fully and passionately in the second half of life, despite failures and false starts.”

Amanda has not yet reached the magical 50s yet but some of us have ... and some of us are beyond that milestone too. Amanda, however, now part of the 40-something demographic, has begun to come into her own in many empowering ways: new projects, new professional responsibilities and titles, and what seems to me, a new energy, vitality, that adds even more to her beauty.

It's been wonderful to watch Sam Carter grow as well.

I couldn't find the most recent photos of Sam in S10 to use but this would be a lovely project: to show a collage of the many faces of Sam ... from her youthful look in S1 to her "marinating" through the ten seasons to a beautiful close-up of her new, mature look in S10. There is such character in her face and a depth that wasn't there when she first walked through the Gate.

That, my younger friends, is the beauty of growing older.
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 31 March 2007, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            I've never seen Firely, so I can't comment on that, but I like the rest of your list. I think Janet Frasier should fill the last slot on my list. In my mind, Buffy isn't a scifi character, so she doesn't make my list. And I was only thinking of TV characters. I don't want to include movie characters because then I'd have to kick off some TV favorites! So I'm not gonna.

But IF I was going to include movie characters, I'd have to find room for Ripley as well. And Mrs. Incredible would be a definite possibility.
            Wait - is Sanctuary considered scifi?!?! I can't believe I started this whole thing and I wasn't actually limiting myself to scifi after all. DUH. Well, most people lump scifi and fantasy together anyway. And Buffy would fit if Sanctuary does. As great a show as Buffy was, my top ten list is based on the kind of person I admire and would like to be like. For whatever reason, Buffy wasn't one of them. (It could be an age thing - she's the only character that's younger than I am.) That's another reason Kara "Starbuck" Thrace isn't on there. No doubt that she's a cool character - but she is...um...kind of a mess! Would I want to *be* her? Uh-uh. So my revised list:

Samantha Carter
            Vala Mal Doran
            Janet Fraiser
            Elizabeth Weir
            Teyla Emmagen
            Aeryn Sun
            Laura Roslin
            Dana Scully
            Kathryn Janeway
            Helen Magnus

sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              The GABIT event was definitely a proper event, it was extremely well organized and tightly run, but I suppose the reason I don't consider it a "con" is because - you never really noticed you were at a big event. It was so ... from what I've read and heard of conventions, when you compare the fairly intimate and very personalized format of GABIT, you really come away with something that stands head and shoulders above any "con" I've ever heard of. At GABIT you are a real person, not a number on a badge amongst thousands of other badges. It was a lot more like a great big 3 day slumber party with close friends than it was anything else (well, except we didn't really SLEEP! lol ). Again, this is just my own personal opinion. I just felt a lot like WE were the "special guests" at GABIT, and Amanda was sort of, one of us, almost. It felt as though Amanda came there to see us as much as we came there to see her. The word "convention" does mean a coming together of people, but (to me) it has always also rather implied a fairly formal and impersonal venue where you move through orchestrated exhibits and wait your turn for each next bit of the event. While I was at GABIT last year, it was like being at "Cheers" (that great old bar where "everybody knows your name" and you're always among friends). So that's the difference, to me. It wasn't like a con, it was like - well - family.

Gah, now I can't wait till AT3!

hugs&love,
              geek **
              Ah Mini, thank you now I understand and totally agree with you, GABIT is an amazing experience, I also can't wait to do it again I've haven't been to any other event other than GABIT so wasn't sure what you meant and from what I've read here and on other web sites I don't I'd like the big cons anyway so I'll stick to the GABIT family

Roll on AT3!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                [CENTER]A Tribute to Amanda and All Royal Elders of Samanda

"A seasoned woman is spicy", writes Gail Sheehy, the over-50-and-proud author of Passages and founder of the Seasoned Women’s Network online. "She has been marinated in life experience. She is at the peak of her influence and power. She is committed to living fully and passionately in the second half of life, despite failures and false starts.”

Amanda has not yet reached the magical 50s yet but some of us have ... and some of us are beyond that milestone too. Amanda, however, now part of the 40-something demographic, has begun to come into her own in many empowering ways: new projects, new professional responsibilities and titles, and what seems to me, a new energy, vitality, that adds even more to her beauty.

I couldn't find the most recent photos of Sam in S10 to use but this would be a lovely project: to show a collage of the many faces of Sam ... from her youthful look in S1 to her "marinating" through the ten seasons to a beautiful close-up of her new, mature look in S10. There is such character in her face and a depth that wasn't there when she first walked through the Gate.

Yeah I agree that is one the great things about Sam is the evolution of the character...From the unsure and in aw of the Stargate Captain to the self confident leader of Sg-1. I also love what Gail Sheehy wrote... As one of the younger... or maybe I'm in that middle of the road age group who is in the failure and false starts category there is light at the end of the tunnel Great post CG!

So how about the pic that started it off...
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 31 March 2007, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  OK, my roomie shimmeringstar uploaded some pics that she took right after I got dressed - these are the best I've seen so far, so I'll share.

Spoiler:

<lazy snip from me >

Wow you look amazing..you really are geeky Sam and I love Geeky Sam and you made that costume yourself...WOW WOW WOW...Amanda fans tend to amaze me but you certainly do!!!!
                  Great work!!!! and you deserved to win!!!

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                  A Tribute to Amanda and All Royal Elders of Samanda

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../SamDinner.jpg

Great post CG...and I do think you are right about Amanda and about her new project and I am glad she found something new to do after 10 years of Sam.

And indeed Sam has grown from this insecure, out to prove, brilliant scientist and soldier to a woman who has come to acceptance of who she is and what she can. And who will always be there for her friends!

So to continue... we have early Sam (from Ann), Sam in her social life and discovering that sometimes you don't have to play by the book (from CG)

now a pic of Sam who discovers that flying is what she loves:

Feel free to join in I think CG started something great

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                    My top 10 Female SF Characters
                    1. Samantha Carter (All the way) (Stargate Sg-1)
                    2. Janet Fraiser (Stargate Sg-1)
                    3. Capt. Katherine Janeway (Startrek Voyager)
                    4. Ripley (Alien Movies)
                    5. Princess Leia (Star Wars)
                    6. Kaylee (Firefly/Serenety)
                    7. Dr. Crusher (Startrek TNG)
                    8. Isabelle Evens (Roswell)
                    9. Seven of Nine (Startrek Voyager)
                    10. Mrs. Incredible

well thats them

Man i wana go to AT3 but im too broke and it would cost way more than I can afford to go. Basically my only chance is if I win the lottery so as much as I wana go I cant and its eating me up inside I just wana cry.

To post my list

1 t/m 5 Samantha Carter(Stargate SG1 and now also Atlantis)
                    6 t/m 10 Janet Fraiser ( Sg1)

I don't watch any other Sci-Fi shows atm...i have watched them but no female persons that i really like a lot... ok maybe on Startrek Voyager Katryn Janeway...but xept that...noppes...
                    And Charmed doesnt count as Sci-fi serie...right?

<snip for lenght>

NC
                    Sees she is still in here beautiful lurking mode, but with username..mwahaha...**feels evil**
                    sigpic

Comment

Gateworld Name------ Sanctuary Name

NC
                      You can call me docmagnusfan. Highly original I know.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        Look, here's another one! Nice timing, Strix. I was just gonna PM you about it this weekend. I figured, if you could convince me to try my hand at London at the last minute, the least I could do was bug you about San Diego this summer.
                        July is a terrible time for me to take off work, but the end of the month is somewhat better. I might be able to swing it.

My LJ

Comment

Hey I like your sig Starlover1990! So many talented people here!!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                            And Buffy would fit if Sanctuary does. As great a show as Buffy was, my top ten list is based on the kind of person I admire and would like to be like. For whatever reason, Buffy wasn't one of them. (It could be an age thing - she's the only character that's younger than I am.)

Buffy made my list because the series illustrated (IMHO) that even at such a young age; there can be tremendous responsibilities and not to shirk those responsibilities and takes strength and fortitude. Now I know it’s only a TV show about fighting primarily vampires but how many young women have other “demons” to fight and overcome? I know I did. Sometimes you win and other times you lose. In the end, you accept it’s part of life and makes you who you are. That’s why Buffy makes my list and yes she is waaaaaaay younger than I am.

Back to Sam/AT

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                              Buffy made my list because the series illustrated (IMHO) that even at such a young age; there can be tremendous responsibilities and not to shirk those responsibilities and takes strength and fortitude. Now I know it’s only a TV show about fighting primarily vampires but how many young women have other “demons” to fight and overcome? I know I did. Sometimes you win and other times you lose. In the end, you accept it’s part of life and makes you who you are. That’s why Buffy makes my list and yes she is waaaaaaay younger than I am.

Back to Sam/AT
                              Buffy the Vampire Slayer had the Buffybot, who wasn't a golem or magical creature, if I recall correctly, so clearly that's a skiffy element (and besides, I had Terry's Witches, which couldn't even vaguely be SF!).

I'm slightly bemused by everyone pitching Helen from Sanctuary as a favourite, we haven't seen her yet, while I'm sure AT will be fab, I couldn't judge any character until I've seen them in action. I might not like Helen at all.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                The GABIT event was definitely a proper event, it was extremely well organized and tightly run, but I suppose the reason I don't consider it a "con" is because - you never really noticed you were at a big event. It was so ... from what I've read and heard of conventions, when you compare the fairly intimate and very personalized format of GABIT, you really come away with something that stands head and shoulders above any "con" I've ever heard of. At GABIT you are a real person, not a number on a badge amongst thousands of other badges. It was a lot more like a great big 3 day slumber party with close friends than it was anything else (well, except we didn't really SLEEP! lol ). Again, this is just my own personal opinion. I just felt a lot like WE were the "special guests" at GABIT, and Amanda was sort of, one of us, almost. It felt as though Amanda came there to see us as much as we came there to see her. The word "convention" does mean a coming together of people, but (to me) it has always also rather implied a fairly formal and impersonal venue where you move through orchestrated exhibits and wait your turn for each next bit of the event. While I was at GABIT last year, it was like being at "Cheers" (that great old bar where "everybody knows your name" and you're always among friends). So that's the difference, to me. It wasn't like a con, it was like - well - family.

Gah, now I can't wait till AT3!

hugs&love,
                                geek **

geek - the thing with "cons" (as you put it) is that YOU have to make it the experience YOU want and without being totally rude to the VOLUNTEERS for the con compay do what you want. "cons" for me are an oppourtunity to see a lot of my old friends that I only get to see once a year and the cast/crew of whatever show being there is just the icing on the cake. But that's just me.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X