Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    At the most i think she'd have to deal with 200 fanboys that all have HUGE crushes on her.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=61

Sounds like the fanboy pump has been primed.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      I couldn't agree with you more...I think that is exactly the case..Stupid frat humour...I mean I can not believe anyone in real life would ever say that to someone actually...
      I mean it is so innapropriate...

Also the fact is in the ep of Asscension, things never looked like they had an intimite (sp?) relationship...they were friends, close friends nothing more to me...

Ok enough ranting about this subject...I know I could go on and on
      It's a long time since I watched Ascension, (I should watch it again, Sean PF is adorable) but there was definite implications of something intimate, if ephemeral, etherial and rather beautiful between them.

But implying that when they were using a child actor was distasteful.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more...I think that is exactly the case..Stupid frat humour...I mean I can not believe anyone in real life would ever say that to someone actually...
        I mean it is so innapropriate...

Also the fact is in the ep of Asscension, things never looked like they had an intimite (sp?) relationship...they were friends, close friends nothing more to me...

Ok enough ranting about this subject...I know I could go on and on
        Yes, I think she grew to like him a lot, but I think the extent of "intimacy" was dinner and the glowy moment. Yes, intimate, but not in the way that was implied. I think it made Landry and Lam look unprofessional to be making that kind of comment.
        If they insisted on Landry making the "intimate" comment, I think Sam should have said something like:
        "Yes, when he showed me how Ascended beings can do a mind sharing thing. Pretty intense." And just ignored the prurient implication. But see, then it would have made Landry and Lam look pretty immature though.

Not to say RDA is infallible, but ya gotta wonder if he would have let that scene stand as written.

I did kind of like Sam's interaction with Orlin in the commissary, though. Her delivery on "we don't need to go into that again" was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
          It's a long time since I watched Ascension, (I should watch it again, Sean PF is adorable) but there was definite implications of something intimate, if ephemeral, etherial and rather beautiful between them.

But implying that when they were using a child actor was distasteful.

FF
          Of course they were intimate...but in a whole different way then Landry suggested...I mean they had that glowing thing...but I don't think they had sex together and that is what Landry suggested...I mean yes of course they were intimate but on a whole other way then Landry things...

And the fact that he implied it makes it totally wrong and inappropriate not only cause at that time Orlin was a child, ok that is one of the reasons, but also cause of the fact that he would implie something like it...that isn't up to him to say something like it...

I mean how would you react if your boss says to you...use your femality (don't even know if that is a word) and try to seduce a man to get something out of him...I mean if anyone ever say something like that to me...I don't know but I think my boss will have to call an ambulance soon...I mean those things you don't ask or say...certainly not as a boss...

OK seems I can not stop ranting about it eh...

Comment

Yeah, it makes me want to watch a s1-8 episode and wash my mind clean of that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Yeah, it makes me want to watch a s1-8 episode and wash my mind clean of that episode.
              Maybe try watching Asscension

***evil me comes out***

Comment

Maybe try watching Asscension

***evil me comes out***
                so you're Repli-RepliCartertje today?

Comment

Has everyone seen this already?

http://www.aurelia-art.com/en/stargate.shtml

An absolutely fantastic drawing of Amanda.

Comment

Of course they were intimate...but in a whole different way then Landry suggested...I mean they had that glowing thing...but I don't think they had sex together and that is what Landry suggested...I mean yes of course they were intimate but on a whole other way then Landry things...

And the fact that he implied it makes it totally wrong and inappropriate not only cause at that time Orlin was a child, ok that is one of the reasons, but also cause of the fact that he would implie something like it...that isn't up to him to say something like it...

I mean how would you react if your boss says to you...use your femality (don't even know if that is a word) and try to seduce a man to get something out of him...I mean if anyone ever say something like that to me...I don't know but I think my boss will have to call an ambulance soon...I mean those things you don't ask or say...certainly not as a boss...

OK seems I can not stop ranting about it eh...
                    Oh, I agree that they should never have had that scene, one would hope that Landry would be much more professional than that and it was shoddy writing whether it was SPF or the young actor in The Fourth Horseman.

I was pointing out that Sam and Orlin had shared something intimate.
                    In your previous post you said -

but to me, as a casual viewer; I first saw Ascension before I became a fan, it was clear to me that something intimate, if unconventional had occured.

I didn't think much of The Fourth Horseman. I get annoyed at the number of limp episodes they give AT. The writers seldom seem to use Amanda to the full extent of her acting abilites, they waste her on silly emotional stuff. Sorry, I know some of you like those episodes but they make me shudder and they are hardly taxing to an actress of her skills; any actress can do eye fluttering, mooning-over-a-man stuff but Amanda can turn her hand to much more challenging acting and so often they waste her skills.
                    Sometimes she gets lucky, the Replicater role was marvelous and The Road Not Taken and Line in the Sand all stand out. Singularity is in an acting class of its own. They would write challenging stuff for MS (including keeping the script for Lifeboat on hold until he was back with them to do the multiple parts) and then just waste AT on fluff and romance.

If I'd been in charge of The Fourth Horsemen, when I found out I couldn't get SPF,
                    Spoiler:
                    who they must have approached early on, I would have shifted the ascended character from Orlin to someone like Skarra or Kasuf and had Daniel doing the babysitting role Sam was cast in and had Sam doing the more important world saving cure hunt, perhaps by upping the ante by infecting Mark or his family to give an added twist of the knife.

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

i do think that something 'intimate' happened between sam and orlin but not sexual. And there is a difference. they did the equivalent of a vulcan mind meld and got to peek into each others' soul

if they wanted to remind the viewers of the closeness, they should have chosen another term or worded it differently, to imply closeness without implying sex
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey all, didn't write here a hell of a long time now, but still following all the action and things, happening on Sanctuary, sg and Amanda....

mandy posted a cute picture of two polar bears. Have you heard from the cute little polar bear from the zoo in Berlin? His name's Knut...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knut_%28polar_bear%29

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                          Has everyone seen this already?

http://www.aurelia-art.com/en/stargate.shtml

An absolutely fantastic drawing of Amanda.
                          That is absolutely beautiful.
                          I have never seen anyone make drawings like that....
                          If I could draw like that, I to would be making beautiful drawings of Amanda.
                          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                          Geeky : Oh brother...
                          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

well, she WILL have rick there to 'protect' her...of couse, he's probably wanting to drive the sub

I'm sure she'll be fine. It would be a bit of an honor to have this duty so i'm sure the sailors will be more htan on thier best behavior...and they'll probably all be in love with her by the time the week is up

I haven' kept count, but it's looking like we have approximately 15-20 people just in this thread that would love to get a copy of stuck.

sound about right?
                            You can put me on the list who would love to see Stuck. The caps are just making me want to see it even more.

Comment

exactly. And i didn't mean to imply otherwise. At the most i think she'd have to deal with 200 fanboys that all have HUGE crushes on her.

She'd be the only girl on the boat, but she'd be treated like a queen. Especially since, i think, the vast majority of hte crew are young, like early to mid 20's.

I think she's gonna have the time of her life and come back with 'that was sooooo frakking cool'
                              Like when she filmed on the glacier for Solitudes? Doesn't she call herself "nature girl" (or something to that effect) on one of the DVD commentaries? She and Mother Nature are going to get up close and personal this week.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=61

Sounds like the fanboy pump has been primed.
                              And so the avalanche get started....
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Ok everyone the heal/hurt women only has 2 more women in the running...if you want to join to help Sam win...it would be appreciated... You can vote every day on your favourite character...you just add one point of one character and then you also have to deduct one of the other character... Now it is only Janet and Sam who are in the running...

Feel free to join in here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=41751&page=15

Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X