Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,
    Well i just wanted to say a quick hello to every Sam/AT fan, she's a great character and AT well, she's just soo freaking awsome. LOVE HER!! Well, i'm completely confused, lol hard to follow. So i thought that I'd introduce myself it's always a good start Well I'm a huge fan of everything Carter or Amanda realted topics. I'm seriously thinking of over coming my fear for flying by going to the AT3 Gabit convention...ouff thats not going to easy.

My fav Episodes are: Grace of course great episode 100% Sam is always good , I have to like Beneath the urface cause its the first episode i saw..Oh yeah, Devide and conquer...hmmm..thinking well more that i jsut can't think of right now.

All i have to say is I LOVER AMANDA AND SAM (wish that i had Sam's smarts )

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      That would be about the size of it. At least she's doing something she loves; that'll take the edge off the fact she won't be sleeping for four months. Poor thing.
      True. Though she might have short days working on Atlantis, depending on how much Sam is featured on any given episode. (I, of course, selfishly hope she's featured prominently.) A good thing about both these shows is that she gets to go home at night to her family and doesn't have to travel far away to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        True. Though she might have short days working on Atlantis, depending on how much Sam is featured on any given episode. (I, of course, selfishly hope she's featured prominently.) A good thing about both these shows is that she gets to go home at night to her family and doesn't have to travel far away to work.
        Indeed.

OT - I'm completely swamped here at work this week, but wanted to wish everyone taking off for (hopefully) sunny Vancouver a very safe, very fun trip! May there be much rejoicing on your set tour(s) and even more merriment at the parties thereafter.

Hugs!
        geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterRocks View Post
          Hey guys,
          Well i just wanted to say a quick hello to every Sam/AT fan, she's a great character and AT well, she's just soo freaking awsome. LOVE HER!! Well, i'm completely confused, lol hard to follow. So i thought that I'd introduce myself it's always a good start Well I'm a huge fan of everything Carter or Amanda realted topics. I'm seriously thinking of over coming my fear for flying by going to the AT3 Gabit convention...ouff thats not going to easy.

My fav Episodes are: Grace of course great episode 100% Sam is always good , I have to like Beneath the urface cause its the first episode i saw..Oh yeah, Devide and conquer...hmmm..thinking well more that i jsut can't think of right now.

All i have to say is I LOVER AMANDA AND SAM (wish that i had Sam's smarts )

See that is the great thing about Amanda too...I think a few people are willing to face their fears and overcome them, work on them just so they can see her!!!
          And not only Amanda but also some of the Samandans... I know a lot of you are willing to sedate support me so I can go to AT3...And I will be going!!! That is the goal I set out so...

As for my favourite ep...At the moment I am in a season 1 mood... Recently I found myself watching Singularity for a few times again...And can I just say I LOVE Amanda her acting in the elevator, so many emotions and so believable. I start to cry every time I see it, although I know what is going to happen...just the tears and the frustration of Sam get to me. And that is all cause of Amanda...this must be one of those moments that no one forgets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            According to the shooting schedule I found on the net,

Stargate Atlantis - March 1st - September 28th

Stargate Continuum(Arctic shots) - March 23-29th ( 5 days )

Stargate The Ark - April 17 - May 7th ( 15 days )

Stargate Continuum - May 22nd - June 12, 2007 ( 16 days )

If Amanda is doing 14 episodes of Atlantis and each episode takes approximately 7 days to film, then more than likely the six episodes she won't be in will be filming during the five weeks she is shooting the Stargate movies.
            Holy... Wow. I'm trying to wrap my head around that kind of schedule. Crazy.
            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 20 March 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I watched Grace and Chimera last night and was impressed all over again with AT's acting.

The way she played the head injury in Grace was great. Little things like the way she stood there with her eyes closed in the elevator--like it was too painful to keep them open. (I know that's the way I feel when I have a migraine).

And in Chimera when she has that conversation with Pete about how being a cop is who he is--When he says "...the hours suck and you never know..." And she sort of looks away and you can see how she's thinking that's just like her life...then he says "It's who I am." And she says "I can understand that." Just the way she sort of looks down and the tone of her voice is so affecting.
              Great AT moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                See that is the great thing about Amanda too...I think a few people are willing to face their fears and overcome them, work on them just so they can see her!!!
                And not only Amanda but also some of the Samandans... I know a lot of you are willing to sedate support me so I can go to AT3...And I will be going!!! That is the goal I set out so...

As for my favourite ep...At the moment I am in a season 1 mood... Recently I found myself watching Singularity for a few times again...And can I just say I LOVE Amanda her acting in the elevator, so many emotions and so believable. I start to cry every time I see it, although I know what is going to happen...just the tears and the frustration of Sam get to me. And that is all cause of Amanda...this must be one of those moments that no one forgets!!!
                Ahh yes the elevator scene is GREAT..i love her acting. I wish i had a 1/4 of her talent, but then again i'm not an actress so..hihi. As for the AT3, i'm sure that it'll as fun and nerve racking to meet AT AND the Samanders...there's a great gang here and can't wait to get to know you guys more.
                Met Stargazzer at TVM...She's such a great person..i met someone else but can't seem to remember her username on here, so if you know who you are, stop by and say a big HELLO!! All those that i spoke to were sooo nice and open minded, ahh truely great people here
                Oh and thx again RepliCarterje, for the vid making tips

Comment

Yeah. I know a lot of fans hated Chimera but I adored it. Even though I am (to some extent) a Sam/Jack shipper, I love the episode for the same reasons you do. It's the acting, those little nuances that say everything. I rewatched that episode the other day just to remind myself of it for the last chapter of Shattered and I was blown away.

On a different note, I'm very frustrated. I bought myself a few songs from one of the online stores the other day. One of them is really awesome and would make a fabulous Unending Sam vid, given the instrumental choices etc. The problem is that it's copy protected and I can't import into Windows Movie Maker. The song is called "Hope You're Happy" and is by Lene Marlin.

Has anyone got any ideas?
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I watched Grace and Chimera last night and was impressed all over again with AT's acting.

The way she played the head injury in Grace was great. Little things like the way she stood there with her eyes closed in the elevator--like it was too painful to keep them open. (I know that's the way I feel when I have a migraine).

And in Chimera when she has that conversation with Pete about how being a cop is who he is--When he says "...the hours suck and you never know..." And she sort of looks away and you can see how she's thinking that's just like her life...then he says "It's who I am." And she says "I can understand that." Just the way she sort of looks down and the tone of her voice is so affecting.
                    Great AT moment.
                    That's how i feel too...oyy you gotta hate those migraines!!!

I love Chimera, especially the first scene, when Pete comes and talks to sam reading at the table and when he invites her to his hotel where they can enjoy a BOX OF WINE...hehe ah i love her expression..'A box?'
                    ahh good times.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      i LOVE the character of helen already!

one of the things i got from this section of the interview (which i've read and squeed on) is... well, helen kind of reminds me of jack, in that she's jaded. and what made (them) jaded? bad/dark things happening to them in their lives.

no doubt about it, helen is going to be a completely different character than sam. i ADORE sam in everyway, but this is going to be super fun to see amanda playing such a different character.

as much of a shipper as i am, i'm not sure how i feel about a helen/will ship. i think he looks too young or something. (guys don't get 'interesting' until at least their mid to late thirties... man, when it comes to hooking up amanda's characters with guys, i'm *so* superficial. )

sally

(((Sally)))
                      Spoiler:
                      I'll admit that it is going to be a major challenge not to ship Helen with anyone on Sanctuary, escpecially with Damian talking about Hepburn/Tracy chemistry between the characters Helen and Will. But, I'm going to try really, really hard. Until its cannon, it ain't gonna happen. That is my new motto regarding all future ships on all future shows. (I guess Helen isn't the only one who is a little jaded.)

Seriously, I just want to enjoy the characters on this one for awhile. I think I'm going to lke all of them, so hopefully liking Helen and Ashley fairly equally will keep me from shipping either of them. That's my plan anyway. And, if I fail then only my husband will know for sure, because I don't plan to admit it on line....Well, until its cannon.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      and i'm sure they might even tweak things even more....like have AT's 4 days go back to back...so she works 8 days straight on the set - with the weekends of course - then has 8 days off to do sanctuary

that's one advantage of them dealing with rick for a few years, they've gotten used to juggling

I also understand that sanctuary isn't taped across town, it's taped at/close to bridge, so she has a really short commute
                      Why do I get images of Amanda leaving the SGA set, running into her trailer, kissing Olivia, pulling off her BDU jacket, throwing on her leather, and running to the Sanctuary set? ((((Amanda)))) for being such a hardworker.

True, and in her profession that is a blessing in itself.
                      Last edited by Gate gal; 20 March 2007, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterRocks View Post
                        Ahh yes the elevator scene is GREAT..i love her acting. I wish i had a 1/4 of her talent, but then again i'm not an actress so..hihi. As for the AT3, i'm sure that it'll as fun and nerve racking to meet AT AND the Samanders...there's a great gang here and can't wait to get to know you guys more.
                        Met Stargazzer at TVM...She's such a great person..i met someone else but can't seem to remember her username on here, so if you know who you are, stop by and say a big HELLO!! All those that i spoke to were sooo nice and open minded, ahh truely great people here
                        Were you at the restaurant after TVM? We may have met.

As for the flying, my first flight ever was to attend AT2/Avalon. Trust me, it is worth it to face that fear and get over there for AT3!
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                          (((Sally)))
                          Spoiler:
                          I'll admit that it is going to be a major challenge not to ship Helen with anyone on Sanctuary, escpecially with Damian talking about Hepburn/Tracy chemistry between the characters Helen and Will. But, I'm going to try really, really hard. Until its cannon, it ain't gonna happen. That is my new motto regarding all future ships on all future shows. (I guess Helen isn't the only one who is a little jaded.)

Seriously, I just want to enjoy the characters on this one for awhile. I think I'm going to lke all of them, so hopefully liking Helen and Ashley fairly equally will keep me from shipping either of them. That's my plan anyway. And, if I fail then only my husband will know for sure, because I don't plan to admit it on line....Well, until its cannon.

Why do I get images of Amanda leaving the SGA set, running into her trailer, kissing Olivia, pulling off her BDU jacket, throwing on her leather, and running to the Sanctuary set? ((((Amanda)))) for being such a hardworker.

True, and in her profession that is a blessing in itself.
                          Man, what a workaholic...she does LOVE her job and she knows how to enjoy it all the way. She knows that she might not have the oppertunity to be part of such great shows forever. I find that we don't appreciate what we have enough, but she does. Even if it's taking time away from her family she finds positivity in everything she does, which is why I love her soo much. I give my hat to Amanda for being soo great at what she does, and being so nice and perfect for everyone of her fans!! (the giving my hat expression is french and i'm not sure it is in english...sorry about that)

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterRocks
                            Your welcome...any time... I am glad you actually understood my explanation lol...Btw shouldn't you link it here or in the shipper thread...I am sure a lot of people would LOVE to see it

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Yeah. I know a lot of fans hated Chimera but I adored it. Even though I am (to some extent) a Sam/Jack shipper, I love the episode for the same reasons you do. It's the acting, those little nuances that say everything. I rewatched that episode the other day just to remind myself of it for the last chapter of Shattered and I was blown away.

On a different note, I'm very frustrated. I bought myself a few songs from one of the online stores the other day. One of them is really awesome and would make a fabulous Unending Sam vid, given the instrumental choices etc. The problem is that it's copy protected and I can't import into Windows Movie Maker. The song is called "Hope You're Happy" and is by Lene Marlin.

I am also a shipper but I loved Chimera...only cause you see the other side of Sam...A side we hardly see...you see that she does try to have a life besides the SGC. and I don't mind Pete at all...I think in a way he was good for Sam, alhough the only thing I do hate about Pete is the stalking. For all the other things he really loved Sam... And in a way Sam also loved him, only she knew never enough like she loves Jack...but at the time she didn't realize that..
                            What I also love about Chimera is the clothes Sam wears...I just love them. And the smiles she gives to Pete... At that time she is really happy.

What I always do TJ...Is put the song on cd and then rip it again on your computer...then you can upload it in moviemaker...granted it is rather annoying to always do that but it is the only thing I know that works

A little OT: I can't believe I just burned spaghetti...I mean what can you burn about that... Well I just did it
                            I don't think Sam would manage to do that...only I can lol
                            Now I need to figure out what I can make for dinner lol...I think an egg will have to do it for tonight on a toast lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

have you tried, putting it on your mp3 player. hooking your 'out' on the player to the microphone jack of your computer. then record the song back in as it plays on your mp3 player?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Were you at the restaurant after TVM? We may have met.

As for the flying, my first flight ever was to attend AT2/Avalon. Trust me, it is worth it to face that fear and get over there for AT3!

Um..no i didn't go to the restaurant cause i was visiting my brother and he was already on his way to come and get me and well i didn't want him to go back home to come and get me..again so...But i kinda wish that i did cause it would have been great to meet all of you :
                                As for the flying thing..Yeah i'm pretty sure that it's worth it!! anything is worth meeting AT!!! well, almost...wouldn't want the plane to crash..oy..i hate having thoughts like that...i hate the lack of control, hehe. But all the way there i'll be like 'going to meet At'...'going to meet other crazy fans like you' so that should keep me going, and not freak out too much..hahaha i hope

Comment

Working...
                                X