Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Just skeptical of stars--that it is their job to *appear* to be wonderful people off screen at these events--part of the PR machine. But I think she believes AT is the real thing now.
    I think AT is a talented enough actress to "play Amanda Tapping" but all the evidence says that's NOT what she does.

Oh and can I just say again re: Sanctuary--how cool is it that they're filming around HER schedule? About dang time someone accommodates *her*! (But you know she won't abuse it.)
    Well she is the star of the show after all !!!
    I wanted her to be the lead when RDA left, too !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      I also share a fear of heights with her, and I LOVED her sky-diving story.

Being afraid of heights is a perfectly reasonable fear. After all, bad things frequently happen to people who fall from heights. Which is why Amanda was stark, raving mad to jump out of an airplane.

Why put a perfectly normal, reasonable fear to the test? Obviously not a perfect woman.

By the way, Skydiver has a screw loose also.

*loves 'em anyway*
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

a screw loose you say??? mmhm, me is nutters.

and yes, i did jump out of an air plane a few y ears ago. a nice tandem skydive jump. thrill of my life.

and i had even more fun this week flying in a small plane to wichita for work. It was for a project and i saw the coolest thing...there are these guys who have restored 3 vintage biwing planes. they flew them around and i got to tape them. then the next day wehn i was putting stuff together, i stumble across this archival footage taken in the 40's of a flying instructor and htis pilot taking his first solo. and it was THE SAME PLANE.

the same one this guy took his solo in 60 odd years ago is beautifully restored and flying today

like how totally cool is that???

ok, back to sam. you know the whole past/future stuff
        Spoiler:
        ok, so we know that sam can keep a secret. we've seen it. but can you IMAGINE hte torture of knowing what is going to happen and not being able to say anything? the horror of knowing someone is gonna die or be hurt and you can't say anything for fear of mucking up the timeline?

teal'c would bear that burden hands down before he'd let any of hte others suffer that way
        Last edited by Skydiver; 18 March 2007, 02:16 PM.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

fixing the spoiler tag:
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Spoiler:
          ok, so we know that sam can keep a secret. we've seen it. but can you IMAGINE hte torture of knowing what is going to happen and not being able to say anything? the horror of knowing someone is gonna die or be hurt and you can't say anything for fear of mucking up the timeline?

teal'c would bear that burden hands down before he'd let any of hte others suffer that way
          Spoiler:
          Yes, but in this case he doesn't have to keep such knowledge secret, because their future from now on is a different one from the one they experienced on the ship.
          scarimor

Comment

ok I was in a Sam whump mood today... So I made a few icons, a wallpaper and a vid... although the vid was something Tamara asked me so here goes...

Vid:
            song: Crawling - linking park
            spoilers: Unending
            Summary: Sam whump
            links:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f07-GYEuPV4
            http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemID=278859

Icons:
            Spoilers: Off the grid
            Spoiler:

Wallpaper:
            Spoiler:

I hope you all enjoy it!!!

And scari stop drooling
            Last edited by RepliCartertje; 18 March 2007, 02:17 PM. Reason: Cause you can never make to many mistakes lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Title: Shattered
              Author: Tracy Jane
              Rating: Adult
              Warnings: Rape, Some Language
              Summary: After a team night out, Carter is attacked, and everyone from best friend to boss is forced to deal with the consequences. Each chapter is a different point of view.
              Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2835872/1/ (Can also be reached via my sig)

You know, I kinda feel a bit numb. I've been working on this for so long, I'm just left going "there's got to be something more to write, this can't be it." Blah. I guess I have to find a new project now. As said yesterday, big thanks to all the Amanda fans, Samandan and otherwise who have supported me and given me advice and ideas.
              Tracy Jane I did read your fic TJ, infact I read it in one sitting! And wanted to say well done and thank you, well done because I know this must have been difficult to write down in black and white, and thank you for telling the true story of rape. I found myself noding at something in every chapter, your very courageous TJ and I only hope that one day I can be as strong as you have been and start to let go of my own fear and write own my story.
              (((((((TJ)))))))
              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              What is perfection? In what context are we using the word? If we're talking about professionally, or the manner in which Amanda views and treats her fans, I have to say she's pretty darn close. She has the right instincts, she respects her fans and co-workers and she's a brilliant artist who constantly hones her craft.

But is Amanda truly perfect?

Well as much as I tease and am silly about her perfectness from time to time, of course she isn't.

She's extremely sensitive...which is both a plus AND a minus. She handles some aspects of fandom extremely well; but on the other, well, I'd wish she'd not take some of the idiotic and cruel things some of her more vicious detractors spew to heart.

She's humble...which again has its pros and cons. Yes, it means that she's not full of herself which is good; but I think taken to an extreme, it also means that she has perhaps a lower opinion of herself than she should. I don't think she understands how truly drop dead gorgeous she really is. I don't think she gets her popularity. I mean, sure, from an intellectual standpoint she knows she is but I don't believe she fully grasps why she's popular...what it is about her that sets her apart from the pack. Her beauty, grace, charm, humor, talent, charisma, humility, soul...

Is she a wonderful human being? I would have to say absolutely. For those who have had the pleasure of meeting her, you can and have given first hand accounts of how truly genuine she is as a person. And as for the rest of us who have not yet had that pleasure and privilege, we hear those stories and have our own experiences or tales we've heard elsewhere that we piece together and conclude that she is the real thing.

But honest to goodness perfect? No. I'd never go there. No one's perfect...nor would I want to put that kind of unattainable burden on her.

I find Amanda to be truly unique in her mannerisms, her heart, her passion for her fans...but still wonderfully flawed and brilliantly human. And I wouldn't want her any other way.
              Agrees whith Über

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                Sam/Teal'c Proof::

Unending:
                Spoiler:

QED
                Brilliant! And I had *just* greened you for something else

Oh my, those physical flaws do me in every time! *thunkety thunkety thunk thunk thunk*

While I'm here, a very happy Mother's Day / Mothering Sunday (whichever you prefer to call it) to all the Mums here
                Physical flaws! I love those physical flaws too!

And yes, Happy Mother's day to every mother in a country celebrating it today. Or Yesterday for me. Whatever.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                Being afraid of heights is a perfectly reasonable fear. After all, bad things frequently happen to people who fall from heights. Which is why Amanda was stark, raving mad to jump out of an airplane.

Why put a perfectly normal, reasonable fear to the test? Obviously not a perfect woman.

By the way, Skydiver has a screw loose also.

*loves 'em anyway*
                No, no, no! They do it because it's fun! (Well, not for AT... (((AT))) ) I'm hoping to jump out of a plane for my 21st birthday. But then, I'm not even 20 yet.

*ETA* TJ, I have every intention of reading your story. Thanks for putting the document up, I will bring my flash drive to uni tomorrow so I can snurch it and read it back at my (internetless) flat. (((TJ)))
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                  ok I was in a Sam whump mood today... So I made a few icons, a wallpaper and a vid... although the vid was something Tamara asked me so here goes...

Vid:
                  links:
                  Wonderful vid, RCtje! Thanks so much for posting it for us all.

And when I was done appreciating RC's vid, I saw a link to another Carter vid on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xdY...elated&search=

All these wonderful music vids have reminded me how wonderful AT/Carter is!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Vid:
                    links:

Icons:
                    Spoiler:

Wallpaper:
                    Spoiler:

I hope you all enjoy it!!!

And scari stop drooling
                    Nice, Eve! Thanks! You know I like my whump.

Comment

That's a theme song if ever I saw one

Oh my, those physical flaws do me in every time! *thunkety thunkety thunk thunk thunk*

While I'm here, a very happy Mother's Day / Mothering Sunday (whichever you prefer to call it) to all the Mums here
                      sigpic

Comment

just dropping a few pics....

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Caught this cap while making caps for S/J. Thought it was a slightly unusual - though lovely - look:

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                                I decided to rewatch Chimera for the umpteenth time. I know there are lots of Pete-haters out there, but I'm not one of them. I just find him to be very cute (even though the background check he did on Sam wasn't the greatest move). I like his sense of humor, how crazy he is about her - his whole demeanor with her and how she is with him (check out how much she jokes around in this one episode - even a bit of a laugh at herself bringing up the dead boyfriends) - ADORABLE. And say what you want about Pete, but the fact of the matter AMANDA LOOKS AMAZING IN THIS EPISODE. And that's why I keep pulling it out to watch.
                                I'm a die hard Sam/Jack shipper but I don't hate Pete...I just think he was poorly written and just not Sam's type of guy. I think DDL is kinda cute and funny but Pete was just to icky for me...he made me nervous...but I still don't hate him!!
                                i don't hate pete, never have. Didn't care for how he acted,b ut i attibute that more to the writers making him 'bad' to fit the plot.
                                Pete fell in a plot hole of needing to be at the stakeout with no logical explanation and he never crawled out.

Personally, i've always felt that the writers inserted too much of thier own feelins into the sam/pete issue. what 'geek' hasn't fantasized about a gorgous woman falling for them and forgiving htem all thier sins?
                                Hahahaha...that must be it...see...I knew there was another reason!!
                                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                What is perfection? In what context are we using the word? If we're talking about professionally, or the manner in which Amanda views and treats her fans, I have to say she's pretty darn close. She has the right instincts, she respects her fans and co-workers and she's a brilliant artist who constantly hones her craft.
                                But is Amanda truly perfect?
                                Well as much as I tease and am silly about her perfectness from time to time, of course she isn't.
                                She's extremely sensitive...which is both a plus AND a minus. She handles some aspects of fandom extremely well; but on the other, well, I'd wish she'd not take some of the idiotic and cruel things some of her more vicious detractors spew to heart.
                                She's humble...which again has its pros and cons. Yes, it means that she's not full of herself which is good; but I think taken to an extreme, it also means that she has perhaps a lower opinion of herself than she should. I don't think she understands how truly drop dead gorgeous she really is. I don't think she gets her popularity. I mean, sure, from an intellectual standpoint she knows she is but I don't believe she fully grasps why she's popular...what it is about her that sets her apart from the pack. Her beauty, grace, charm, humor, talent, charisma, humility, soul...
                                Is she a wonderful human being? I would have to say absolutely. For those who have had the pleasure of meeting her, you can and have given first hand accounts of how truly genuine she is as a person. And as for the rest of us who have not yet had that pleasure and privilege, we hear those stories and have our own experiences or tales we've heard elsewhere that we piece together and conclude that she is the real thing.
                                But honest to goodness perfect? No. I'd never go there. No one's perfect...nor would I want to put that kind of unattainable burden on her.
                                I find Amanda to be truly unique in her mannerisms, her heart, her passion for her fans...but still wonderfully flawed and brilliantly human. And I wouldn't want her any other way.
                                *bows before Oooober...yet again*...another great post...well said Oooober!!
                                Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                                Sorry, I've reread my post and I wasn't as clear as I should have been...
                                Spoiler:

I believe all of SG1 is capable of experiencing time travel and going back to the past and keeping quiet about what happened in order not to effect causality with perhaps the exception of Vala.
                                However, if any/all of them experienced a deep, emotional relationship personally in the future and travelled back in time, then for me, Teal'c is the only one out of the team who would be capable of doing that without revealing it to someone.
                                I think the others, including Sam, would inevitably at some point reveal something not so much through speech but through simple interaction; they would touch someone's shoulder in a familiar way perhaps or get caught looking at them differently; it's extremely hard as a human not to give your emotions away through body language.

Teal'c with his Jaffa discipline of stillness is much more adept at control;its unlikely he'll give something away and plus he would have the motivation of not giving something away being a matter of honour.

On perfection...

I don't wish perfection on anyone. It is too great a burden for a human being, with all their natural imperfections and flaws, to bear.
                                I agree with you Rachel...on both accounts.
                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                That's totally untrue. Amanda has dimples and from what I have read they are flaws where the muscle is attached to the skin...no matter how adorable they may be. At least that's what I tell my friends and family who have them. It's not jealousy at all. Nope. Not one bit.
                                D'oH...I got dimples too...but maybe Amanda's dimples are perfect dimples???...sorry...just kidding. Amanda's an amazing person but I think to suggest that she's perfect is a bit much...I agree with Rachel's statement...it's too great a burden!
                                a screw loose you say??? mmhm, me is nutters.
                                and yes, i did jump out of an air plane a few y ears ago. a nice tandem skydive jump. thrill of my life.
                                and i had even more fun this week flying in a small plane to wichita for work. It was for a project and i saw the coolest thing...there are these guys who have restored 3 vintage biwing planes. they flew them around and i got to tape them. then the next day wehn i was putting stuff together, i stumble across this archival footage taken in the 40's of a flying instructor and htis pilot taking his first solo. and it was THE SAME PLANE.
                                the same one this guy took his solo in 60 odd years ago is beautifully restored and flying today
                                like how totally cool is that???
                                Spoiler:
                                Wow...that is cool!! It makes me think of the ep Torment of Tantalus for some reason...

Ok...all caught up...thank goodness for that...got a gazillion things to do this week so it's nice to be able to catch up relatively quickly!!
                                Night night folks...sleep tight...take care, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones...that includes pets BTW!!!
                                (((Samanda)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X