X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coffeerox View Post
    regarding "unending"

Spoiler:
    I liked that she learned how to play the Cello though, I know that it isn't her [AT] playing it, but it set the tone that matches the situation they were in.
    Spoiler:
    I don't know. We know she plays guitar. Nothing from that woman would surprise me.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Re: Unending
      Spoiler:
      I personally didn't see any indication that Sam was involved with anyone, but even if she was, I don't see why it would be disrespectful to Jack. As others have eloquently pointed out, there is no canon evidence that Sam and Jack are together. But even if they were, fifty years is a very long time. The majority of the people on this thread haven't even lived that long. I'm only 42 and my emotional attachments have changed dramatically over the years. And I'm not stuck on a spaceship with only five other people.

Besides, if my partner were in a similar position (stuck on a ship without me), I'd honestly hope that she could find comfort and companionship with someone else. I sure wouldn't want her to be miserable for the largest portion of her life pining away for me. I love her too much for that. I'd want her to find whatever happiness she could. Maybe I'm weird and less possessive than I should be, but I certainly wouldn't consider it disloyal to me if she did. My gosh...FIFTY YEARS.

It only took Jack three months to wind up in the sack with Laira...

My LJ

Comment

Totally loved the DK interview and can't wait to see Amanda as Helen! Wow, Sanctuary is going to be so great! I keep thinking back to August when we were concerned that Amanda might choose to go back to the stage and leave series work behind. Instead, we get more Sam in the movies, more Sam on SGA, a brand new character in a revolutionary project, and many of our Samandans even got to see Amanda on stage. Is it terrible to think that maybe the end of SG-1 (as a weekly series) might have been the best thing that could have happened? This is a really great time to be a Samandan.

Comment

*bounces in all happy like

Hey gang...I FINALLY took the time to watch a few new eps of SG1 S10 and well...all I can say is...

SAM FRELLIN' ROCKS!!!!!

I have to say of the three eps (The Quest, pt2; Line in the Sand, and The Road Not Taken) my fav parts were:
          Spoiler:

The Quest, pt 2 - Sam nailin' Baal! He soooooooo deserved it. Loved the Vala moments as well, but then I'm a Vala fan as well. Felt sorry for her...but DAYUM SAM ROCKS!!!! Not just cause she hit Baal (did I mention he soooo deserved it?) but because she resisted the urge to hit him for so long and that she saved the day, with his help.

Line in the Sand - Sam savin' the day from her death bed. Woohoo! You go girl! Amanda was fabulous. Again, Vala moments were great as well. Don't get me started on how TPTB are SHAFTING both Amanda and Clauda by not giving them more. Geez I hope they get more in the next eps (which are slated for viewing next ).

The Road Not Taken - Landry sucked in this eps...what up with that? Again, Sam ROCKED! It's a good thing those political monkeys had a zat or Sam would have kicked all their asses and gotten away. Even with all Sam's savin' the day I loved the ending the best...especially (don't be shocked now) when Vala ran up and hugged her and said Sam had been missed.

Well I'm off to bed....oh wait....

((((((((((((((TJ)))))))))))))) Congrats on getting closer to the end of your fic. I knew you had it in you. Hopefully once I'm moved and settled I can read it.

yes if you frequent the Sam/Vala thread, you'll see most of the above there too...off to post in there now.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Uh..
            Spoiler:
            weren't the Asgard like superior cloning technology experts? Who knows what was replicated over 50 years ... I'm just sayin'

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            no, it's sam/cello!

-her cello knows her rather intimately, seeing as where it was settled between everytime she embraced it-

sally
            sigpic

Comment

This is a tad off-topic and some of you may have already read about this, but I found it interesting so I thought I'd share.

MIT to put its entire curriculum online free of charge
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 March 2007, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Gateworld has just confirmed RDA's involvement in Continuum...

( I like to stay up late on the weekends. )

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i wouldn't mind discussing this with you, spaz, but i think we should go to the shipper thread. though i think you'd be outnumbered in the ppl that see equality in the relationship.... hmm, so maybe the ship discussion thread?

sally
                  Nah, it's cool. It's not a big deal. I know it's a point of contention for many people, and a year or so ago, it would've been for me. Like I said, I'm a S/J ship supporter, mainly because there are some awesome fanfic writers out there who can execute it in a way that should've been handled onscreen long ago, if TPTB had any intentions of doing it "right."

As it stands... Well, Moebius really should've been the deciding factor, and there's still no definite answer either way, and Carter's the only half from the relationship left. So... :shrug: Ah well.

And I won't mention it again, just in case it makes people go a li'l twitchy.

Comment

Hello!!

Unending caps here

Spoiler:
                    Sam was so cute when she hugged Thor And I think she was the best looking old human on the ship hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      This is a tad off-topic and some of you may have already read about this, but I found it interesting so I thought I'd share.

MIT to put its entire curriculum online free of charge
                      THAT is FRICKIN COOL. Holy knowledgebase!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        Not to keep this convo going any longer than it has to go, but I think it's always been important for them to show some kind of direct, obvious response from Jack.
                        Major snippage.
                        I swear this will be my last input on this subject, in this thread anyway.

Sam, "Not Exactly." Jack, "Always." 'nuf said

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Spoiler:

I think you're right. It happened after Landry and her "giving up". If they resigned themselves to the fact that they would never go home again, there would be no reason not to allow feelings to grow. We know they care for each other very much as friends, it wouldn't be that big of a step to take it further. It began as comfort seeking.
                          I agree. I just re-watched Unending last night and
                          Spoiler:
                          when Landry was dying, Sam said she had given up. Even though he told her not to give up, I think that at that point she had accepted that there was a very good chance she wouldn't get back. Yes she would keep working at it, after all she needed something to do, but I don't think she really thought she'd come up with the solution.

Anyway, after they scene with Landry and then the hug with Teal'c, there seemed to be more of a closeness between the two, looks, touches etc. At that point I think she could have easily let herself slip into a relationship with Teal'c. And I think it would have been only natural.
                          sigpic

Comment

After watching unending and it finally sinking in that sg1 as a tv show will not be back i am so much more excited about sam going to Atlantis, and the sg1 movies, which both sound great in my opinion. I'm sure everyone had a favourite show that was canceled or ended, ive had a few, the most recent being enterprise, that just really made me angry, just when it was getting good. With SG1 it was different, still very upsetting - after all it is my favourite show but now that its all over my feelings are "what a run!", and bring on the sg1 movies and atlantis.

Sam had such as great run as a character throughout the show, in my opinion the best character on tv acted brilliantly by the best actress, and its (somewhat greedily) such a relief that we can all still see Sam/Amanda again. Im also really pumped for sanctuary aswell, its going to be a very different character to sam, cant wait to see it.

Season 10 i thought was a excellent season overall, with quite a few great sam episodes and moments, and the team feel of it all was great, an improvement on season 9 100%! And i loved unending as a final, fitting in my opinion.

Amanda and michael seem to be having no trouble at all finding new acting oppertunities after sg1, which isn't really a surprise, all of the cast are very talented, i hope to see the other cast members around too.

Comment

I watched the repeat of Unending last night and the following occured to me...

Spoiler:

How much of a Sam episode this was. Sam effectively lead the main arc of the story (support from Landry and Teal'c) regarding the Asgard giving them the legacy and being trapped in the time bubble while Daniel and Vala had their own sub-plot in getting together and Mitchell had his in his struggle to come to terms with the situation.

What I also loved was that just like in Flesh and Blood, Sam is used as the main link between the team. She's the only one who gets an individual scene or exchanges meaningful dialogue with all of the others. Cam expresses his frustration to her in a lunch scene with the Superman remark (where others are present but don't have lines); she has her 'I've given up' moment with Daniel; the death-bed scene with Landry; the 'I want to help' scene with Vala; the hug from Teal'c and providing him with his tretonin...she really held the episode together in terms of teaminess.

Not to mention that she gets to play with all the Asgard tech, works out how to use it to save them initially, works out how to save them at the end and in the process discovers how to reverse time.

So cool.

On the Sam/Teal'c debate...

Spoiler:

I see Spaz's comment sparked quite a debate. I only have a few points I want to make...

I truly believe any art is open to interpretation, and the scenes between Sam and Teal'c in this episode are just as open to interpretation as the one-hundred-and-one scenes which can be pointed to as Sam/Jack, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Cam...ship or no ship is very much in the eye of the beholder.

For me, I think the Sam/Teal'c scenes can be read as friendship or as an indicator that something more had developed between them. Now I don't ship Sam/Teal'c at all but in this scenario of being stuck on a ship for a prolonged period with few other people, I can believe that the two friends who love each other very much may have turned to each other for support and comfort and that led to a deepening of their relationship into romantic feelings over a prolonged period of time.

I am not suggesting that just because people are stuck on a ship together, they would be incapable of physical abstinance (which admittedly seems to be the trigger for Daniel/Vala); I'm suggesting that feelings developed which may have led naturally to a physical relationship. And as a Sam/Jack shipper, I can quite happily accept this possibility that while Jack remained her soulmate and in her heart, that she came to love Teal'c just as deeply if differently. It's not impossible to love more than one person, and I don't see that Sam would be disrespecting her relationship with Jack or Teal'c his friendship with Jack.

However, this is what I believe *could* have happened given the scenes shown not necessarily what I believe *did* as the scenes can equally be taken as simply showcasing their friendship, and equally I also think it is possible for a someone to remain abstinent for a long time especially if their feelings and emotions are tied to someone else unavailable as I choose to believe Sam's feelings are tied to Jack (and I personally see a two-sided relationship between them - they've both at various times struggled with feelings for the other).

The Unending scenes are open to interpretation; if you ship Sam with Jack, you can continue to believe she was faithful to him or even that she may have found comfort with another one of her friends on the ship given the prolonged period of isolation; if you don't ship Sam with anyone, you can believe she didn't hook up with anyone or even that she may have hooked with someone...no view is absolutely right or absolutely wrong and nobody should be taken to task for their own interpretation of events. Just MHO.

sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                *bounces excitedly*

After over a year of writing, I think the end is in sight. Wooooohoooo! I've got the chapter I'm working on (counselling), a chapter after that about time travel (it's Sam/Teal'c, folks!) and then I think I'm on the final chapter!...
                                Way to go, TJ

I remember when Xena:Warrior Princess was on, a fanfic author ( I forget the name and title) wrote a very sound, realistic fic on this subject, and I learned that at least one rape survivor group was using the text to explore stuff in their meetings. These stories can be helpful to others when done right.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X