Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Sodney sounds like something that's illegal

and i can't say that i care for Ram either.

how about McCarter? cause i think sam will be going 'MCKAY!!!!' a lot
    McCarter... it's kinda like "McDreamy" and all those other nick names off Grey's Anatomy
    Originally posted by Famantha View Post
    I tried to make animated icons on SG1 1018 Family Ties

Beware of spoilers

Spoiler:

I love these.

I loved Family Ties.
    Spoiler:
    I really enjoyed seeing Sam/Vala friendship moments. And Teal'c at the end
    I so have to watch it again... but I think I'll have to wait till I get my computer back.

I hope everyone has been well, and you all have been up to too much trouble. Once I get my computer back I'll be round more, but at the moment it'll only be every now and then.

*hugs* to you all!
    Last edited by Spacegirlnz; 03 March 2007, 10:07 PM.
    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Oh wow... I love you guys. I just caught up with the thread for the first time in over 2 weeks. I only had time to read the last 20 pages and I'm in a warm fuzzy place. Heh, diving in and out of the gutter is great!

Originally posted by starrgazer
      Spoiler:

Oh - and if he is there... for the Samandan's who've been on the TVM thread - maybe he'll be my net?!?!?!

That would be yummy awesome.

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      Screw Toronto (um, perhaps not literally), I will never be the same. The two of them sharing a pad together... playing with mini's hightech doohickies!!! Scarigeek, Minimore...
      Scarigeek and Minimore! I love them and I'm going to start using them all the time. Oh, and Scari! My friend (Spacegirlnz!) took me into a British shop that sells tonnes of for'n food for crazy stupid prices. If I had gone one week earlier, I wouldn't have even known what this was:

(spoiler for OT)
      Spoiler:

Now that gave me warm fuzzies.

I also found some other yummy treats that I have only heard about from internet friends:

Spoiler:

Too bad all we could afford were 2 drumstick lollies.

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
      Hi all!

I found a video over at youtube of this guy that figured out how to play the sam/jack theme by ear on the piano and it is amazing. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLd1nAZDfI0
      That's brilliant! I love it. See, warm fuzzies right there.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

Hehehe...just like my tattoo of the stargate around my bellybutton...the one I'm gonna get when Netu freezes over....according to my hubby that is...D'oH!

Night all...take care, be safe, be happy and hug your loved ones!!
      Wish I was in Toronto right now watching TVM with Mini and co...is jealous!
      (((Samanda)))
      I'm loving the idea of that tattoo Chelle! You need to wait until he does something wrong, so you have some bargaining leverage. Then get in there I am also insanely jealous of the gang in Toronto!

Well, I have now lived away from home for 2 weeks. 2 weeks, living in the city! Despite rumours that have been circulating, I do actually have more food than jello. See?
      Spoiler:

Only 3 stacks of jello. Yep. It isn't like there is another stash in my room. I even have Frootloops. Although they will probably go stale before I can eat the whole box... I actually seem to be eating very healthy like. Here are the rest of my photos, if you're interested. You can see my room (which I'm desperately trying to make feel like mine) and my friend's frelling awesome room (spot all the Sci Fi, musical, Wicked and other stuff crammed in there ) and a lot of blurry, colourful, jiggling cleavage. Not mine, but still fun.

Hehe! My 2-year-old niece just wandered in to give me a cuddle saying "Yotz! Yotz! Yotz!" It's a good thing no one else in the family watches Farscape, so they don't know I taught her to swear. I also taught her to say "Grandma" and "Buttons" which isn't bad for a mornings work.

In a few hours I will be catching the train back into the city and have limited access to the internet again. Although I did follow the exchange between Mini and Jo

Sorry for the off topic rambling, I'm just so happy to be back even for a very short period of time.

Hug your loved ones
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I just got a heads up from a friend of mine. The interview with Amanda Tapping & Damian Kindler at Slice of SciFi is on this week. There is an article about it here.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          I just got a heads up from a friend of mine. The interview with Amanda Tapping & Damian Kindler at Slice of SciFi is on this week. There is an article about it here.
          Cool! Thanks for the link!
          Spoilers for article and Urban Rush interview:
          Spoiler:
          I loved the little line in the middle. "Amanda plays Carter, who is now a Colonel...." It makes me think about what Amanda said in the UR interview about working going from captain to lt. colonel into conversations. I bet they just forgot the Lt., so I'm not going to let out a SQUEE just yet.
          Last edited by Gate gal; 03 March 2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

.......ATTENTION EVERYONE.......

I'm proud to announce that SanctuaryFans.com is NOW LIVE!!!!

Hey now, Myrth and I told ya it was coming.

http://sanctuaryfans.com/

This is a way cool site (imho) and I'm proud to say I had the honor of working on it with the genius that is Myrth.

BTW...three cheers goes to Myrth for her fantastic script wizardry, without which we'd have a pretty design that couldn't do all that much. You GO girl.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yay! Looking now!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
                Oh, it's possible. And you know what they say, brevity is the soul of wit. Yep, they always say that. Which I suppose means that I'm not so clever as I think. Except with this one. I must be spot on with "Malcolm is a tool," since it was so perfectly succinct and to the point. It's beyond reproach. Malcolm IS a tool. Shakespeare is on my side, I can't be wrong.
                Hah. Nice. Yes, somehow, for all your typical (and very much appreciated) verbosity, "Malcolm is a tool" worked perfectly.

Spoilered, so as not to offend all you Barrett fans out there.
                Spoiler:
                <snip>
                Malcolm Barrett is just another example of fandom's need to pair Sam Carter with everything that walks on two legs. He'd never have returned so often if not for fandom's compulsion for Sam to have some incredibly, unbelievably forced sexual tension with every guy she talks to on the show. That Carter is such a tease! And isn't it adorable!

Bleh.

Carter is more than half of someone's desired pairing. Sam/Jack, Sam/Barrett, Sam/Cam, Sam/Vala, Sam/McKay, Sam/Insert Random Male. What's wrong with just Sam Carter?

Sorry. Go about your business. Nothing to see here.
                I actually agree with a good portion of that.

spoilers cuz... he had them.
                Spoiler:
                Though I'm willing to entertain the idea of Sam and Jack or Sam and whomever (if done well), I have to say that TPTB have done a fantastic job of making it seem like one of Sam's main purposes is to serve as one half of a romantic interest, though she's so much more than that. As a result, I think it's easier for some sects of the fandom to only see her in that light as well. It doesn't help that male guest characters can't be introduced to the show without hitting on her by Act II. And it can be frustrating at times, for sure. Again, less is more.

ETA: Looking back at my last five posts or so, I realized how I've come across as one of those people who wants to whore Carter out to the galaxy. Seriously though... Those who know me, know I'm not that Sam-Ship Crazy. For those who don't... Just joking, guys. I don't need to see Carter/Caldwell or Carter/Barrett. Really. Carter/P90 or Carter/Lab works fabulously as well.

Above all, Just Plain Sam Carter works for me, too. The writers aren't all that good at portraying healthy, adult, romantic relationships between any of their characters, and Carter's been the biggest victim of their shortcomings. So... meh. You win.

Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 03 March 2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  I actually agree with a good portion of that.

spoilers cuz... he had them.
                  Spoiler:
                  Though I'm willing to entertain the idea of Sam and Jack or Sam and whomever (if done well), I have to say that TPTB have done a fantastic job of making it seem like one of Sam's main purposes is to serve as one half of a romantic interest, though she's so much more than that. As a result, I think it's easier for some sects of the fandom to only see her in that light as well. It doesn't help that male guest characters can't be introduced to the show without hitting on her by Act II. And it can be frustrating at times, for sure. Again, less is more.

ETA: Looking back at my last five posts or so, I realized how I've come across as one of those people who wants to whore Carter out to the galaxy. Seriously though... Those who know me, know I'm not that Sam-Ship Crazy. For those who don't... Just joking, guys. I don't need to see Carter/Caldwell or Carter/Barrett. Really. Carter/P90 or Carter/Lab works fabulously as well.

Above all, Just Plain Sam Carter works for me, too. The writers aren't all that good at portraying healthy, adult, romantic relationships between any of their characters, and Carter's been the biggest victim of their shortcomings. So... meh. You win.

Carter/P90? Carter/P90?

*slips into gutter*
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Why thankyou, it should be known that Uber has contributed some awesome design work to the framing of the site.. take a bow Uber

Just quickly before someone slaps me with a topic broom, if you registered on the site in the last little while and didn't get an activation e-mail, I have activated you. I noticed there were a couple unactivated and checked and there was a slight issue with the e-mail system. It's all fixed now, btu if you already registered you shouldn't need to do it again, try your login and if it doesn't work let me know at [email protected]

Also we'd love to see you guys come and play we need lots and lots of input in the sections of the site and you guys are awesome at that!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

This is a way cool site (imho) and I'm proud to say I had the honor of working on it with the genius that is Myrth.

BTW...three cheers goes to Myrth for her fantastic script wizardry, without which we'd have a pretty design that couldn't do all that much. You GO girl.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                      Present for ya.
                      I haven't quite got the hang of things yet, still learning how to futz. Hope you can put up with me while I do that
                      Click for big...

Beautiful wallie, MegYn! Thanks for sharing! And I got Photoshop Elements for my birthday. It was only about $80...and does everything my full Photoshop at work does. I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i think for me, it's the actors they pick to play these guys. i guess, when it comes to men, i'm rather superficial. (i would have liked pete better if ben browder had played him, even with his crappy behavior in the last half of chimera)

but with the guy that plays barrett; it's not that he isn't attractive, it's that *i'm* not sexually attracted to him. (so if i'm not, neither should sam )

i mean really, is amanda not one of the -if not THE- most gorgeous women on this planet? {universe even}

sally
                        For me I don't think it's a matter of whether Barrett is sexually/physically attractive or not but rather the fact that Barrett is just too weak for Sam...as for Pete...he didn't trust Sam...he didn't respect her or her career...he never stood a chance...to me Pete was just too false...I like DDL though...I think he's kinda cute...but the character was just not right for her...not for a long term thing...good for a fling but the only guy IMHSM for Sam is Jack...but then having said that I'm not attracted to RDA or any one other than my hubby..but Sam and Jack still belong together
                        And I think Amanda is one of the most beautiful women in this galaxy...and I don't mean just physically either!
                        Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                        *stumbles onto thread when she should be out getting some kind of life*
                        That just made total sense Sal
                        And I am a bit blue about "Unending". It's the end of an era (in my own muddled head). And I cry for anything... just about anything can floor me. So, a little sad yeah... and also hoping that they will do ten years justice.
                        Yep...I agree...it certainly feels loike an end of an era and thats' really sad but it's great we still have 2 movies to look forward to and with any luck they will make more if they are successful...fingers crossed!!
                        Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                        Being able to please everyone concerning one of the most important episodes, when it was something that they must have wanted to have more time to plan for? It never happens normally and it won't happen. In a way I want it to be quite low-key, an interesting episode with good character interaction focus. Also there is a good chance I will be in a pub watching it, so I can always have a couple of drinks (just a couple!) beforehand to make me a little bit more receptive and cheerful about the show.
                        Holy Hannah...you get to watch it in a pub???...We have to wait til later in the year and even then it will be screened at an ungodly hour...Stargate doesn't air til 11.30pm here...unless you get pay tv and then I think it's on at a better time...but I'm not 100% sure on that coz I don't get pay tv!!
                        Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        ok since Kir...came up with animated icons...I wanted to try to make one with imageready...I never done that so this is my first one...of course it goes way to fast and I have no idea how to slow it down but that will come after I make a second one I guess... I hope you enjoy it lol
                        WooHoo..that's cool Eve...real cute!!!
                        Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                        McCarter... it's kinda like "McDreamy" and all those other nick names off Grey's Anatomy
                        I loved Family Ties.
                        Spoiler:
                        I really enjoyed seeing Sam/Vala friendship moments. And Teal'c at the end
                        I so have to watch it again... but I think I'll have to wait till I get my computer back.
                        I hope everyone has been well, and you all have been up to too much trouble. Once I get my computer back I'll be round more, but at the moment it'll only be every now and then.
                        *hugs* to you all!
                        McCarter sounds like a McDonalds burger...."I'll have a McCarter with fries thanks"!!!!...hehehe...Oh boy!
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        Congratulations girls...well done...thank you...looking forward to going there soon...but not today...RL is messy!...Still waiting to get stuck into that Samanda fork with Eve!!
                        Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                        Why thankyou, it should be known that Uber has contributed some awesome design work to the framing of the site.. take a bow Uber

Just quickly before someone slaps me with a topic broom, if you registered on the site in the last little while and didn't get an activation e-mail, I have activated you. I noticed there were a couple unactivated and checked and there was a slight issue with the e-mail system. It's all fixed now, btu if you already registered you shouldn't need to do it again, try your login and if it doesn't work let me know at [email protected]

Also we'd love to see you guys come and play we need lots and lots of input in the sections of the site and you guys are awesome at that!!

Well let me just reinterate what I just said before....
                        Congratulations girls...well done!!

Well night night all...take care, be safe, stay happy and huggles to everyone...how did Toronto fair up with Scari and co...I haven't heard anything on the news...yet!!!

(((Samanda)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          For me I don't think it's a matter of whether Barrett is sexually/physically attractive or not but rather the fact that Barrett is just too weak for Sam...as for Pete...he didn't trust Sam...he didn't respect her or her career...he never stood a chance...to me Pete was just too false...I like DDL though...I think he's kinda cute...but the character was just not right for her...not for a long term thing...good for a fling but the only guy IMHSM for Sam is Jack...but then having said that I'm not attracted to RDA or any one other than my hubby..but Sam and Jack still belong together
                          And I think Amanda is one of the most beautiful women in this galaxy...and I don't mean just physically either!
                          Sam and Jack totally meant to be together. I don't find RDA attractive either but that's cuz he's way too old for me, but for Sam he'd be perfect. Barrett doesn't stand a chance in hell of getting together with our beautiful Sam. And Pete was kinda adorable in the beginning I think, untill he started to act all suspicious on her. which was ridiculous... And I agree with you a million percent when you say that Amanda is the most beautiful woman in the universe!!.... but I gues you already knew that, I've said that what... 6 billion times already. :-)
                          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                          Geeky : Oh brother...
                          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                            I don't find RDA attractive either but that's cuz he's way too old for me...
                            Hmm... I seem to have been unaffected by said age gap.

*cough* back on topic. Amanda = very cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

a few more pics... (please don't shoot me over this, I only have Paint to work with )

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                              Geeky : Oh brother...
                              : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

Sam and Rodney - no way. (Sorry, IMHO, of course hehe) (Crod, Crud, Cranky... etc, etc, etc...)
                                Love Crud and Cranky. Too funny.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                                Okay, there goes any chance of me liking McCarter.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Thanks for the link. I'm really looking forward to this. Maybe I'm missing something but did it actually give us a day for the podcast or did it just say next week. I don't want to miss it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X