Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    This new series does sound very interesting. A 157 year old doctor with a daughter...and she works in this sanctuary with all these different types of people...and that's why she's given long life? And it's all done on a green screen and interactive! *squee* It sounds really great. And men named Jack. But Jack the Ripper!

I also loved the questions she answered about Stargate. She arrives in a ship to Atlantis, they are trying to get RDA for the second movie *fingers crossed*, and maybe, just maybe he could make a guest appearance on SGA?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
      WOAH...

That Sanctuary stuff... that sounds SOOO COOL! how completely utterly RANDOM! Not at all what I suspected... but COOL!!!!! I'm all the more stoked for it now than before, if that's possible!

cool indeed!!!

Spoiler:
      she plays helen (magnus?), a 150 something doctor. who was married to jack the ripper! and had a daughter, i think she said, by jack... *drools at writing that sentence, s/j ship wise*

i sooooo crapping can't wait to see this!!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Akk! Youtube isn't working for me!

*dies*
        OK... It worked.

Great interview! Very cool. Thanks for the link LAD.

I forget sometimes how, uh... fun-loving Fiona Ferbes and Mike Eckford can be... To put it mildly. Sometimes interviewers should just, oh I dunno... listen?

Sorry, that's just a big pet peeve of mine.

And did anyone see that completely unguarded and "what the?" look on her face when he said that there are thousands of videos of her on the Internet?

Comment

Me too darling!

Well.... I've been sucked in, chewed up and digested by life.. lol.

Mainly to do with work, travlling for work, working, stressing about work... the usual.

I've missed you guys tho.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Myrth! I've missed you. *kisses*

Where have you been hiding out?
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            I 'd say the daughter is the blonde in the pic on the site

Spoiler:
            Likely. If she's the Ripper's daughter.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              cool indeed!!!

Spoiler:
              she plays helen (magnus?), a 150 something doctor. who was married to jack the ripper! and had a daughter, i think she said, by jack... *drools at writing that sentence, s/j ship wise*

sally

I didn't dare writing it my heart may have not supported that lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer
                Me neither! Is it spring yet?

Spoiler:
                I know - it sounds so cool (well, the Jack the Ripper part could be questionable...) - AND she has a daughter... meaning another side for her to show as an actress (or another side for her to expand on, I guess...)!
                Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                It sounds freakin cool!

Spoiler:
                I suspect it'll be tied in with a mmorpg of some description based on what she was saying... groundbreaking stuff really
                Agreed!
                Spoiler:
                playing a mother, being 157 years old. Oh yeah I see (predict, hope to see) a wise doctor battling the demons of her past. Protecting those that seek sanctuary... Helping her daughter cope with who her father was and dealing with it herself. and leading those at the sanctuary into a war.... OK so that's just my imagination... But that's where my imagination has taken me until I hear more
                oh yeah I'm excited about this!!

Comment

Hey Mini have I told you I love that little tag line in your sig?

Myrth! I've missed you. *kisses*

Where have you been hiding out?
                  Yea Myrth, where have you been Wow look its M3(cubed) back together again
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Can you called it cubed when there's 3 of us? Lol

(((mini & mandy)))

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Yea Myrth, where have you been Wow look its M3(cubed) back together again
                    sigpic

Comment

cool indeed!!!

Spoiler:

sally

*heart skips a beat*

OMG... i have to write that myself, if I dare... (I just had ice-cream, aaah, MORE energy!)

Spoiler:
                      SHE HAS A DAUGHTER BY JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*breathing heavily* What a rush... wooow...

OK... It worked.

I forget sometimes how, uh... fun-loving Fiona Ferbes and Mike Eckford can be... To put it mildly. Sometimes interviewers should just, oh I dunno... listen?

Sorry, that's just a big pet peeve of mine.

And did anyone see that completely unguarded and "what the?" look on her face when he said that there are thousands of videos of her on the Internet?
                      Fiona and Mike... *shakes head* I swear you can't put channel... 4, on over here without them two being on blabbing away. Tis a pet peeve of mine as well.

I DEFINATELY saw that "What the" look on her face. She looked raaather... "what the" i guess WOULD be the best description. I went and searched her name on it after and yes, in fact, there are rather a few...
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                        Oh and I like her accent (if she has one ) at least I always understand her, and I can't say that for all SG actors
                        I don't think she really has an accent. She sounds a little different because she's not playing Sam-I like to see her smile and play around.
                        cool indeed!!!

Spoiler:

sally

Spoiler:
                        Babies with Jack!?

OK... It worked.

Spoiler:
                        Yeah, she was kinda like...videos? Of me? And she's watched J/S vids!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I'm pretty sure I saw "Are there naked videos of me on the Internet"?!?! flash through her mind

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                          I don't think she really has an accent. She sounds a little different because she's not playing Sam-I like to see her smile and play around.

Spoiler:
                          Babies with Jack!?

Spoiler:
                          Yeah, she was kinda like...videos? Of me? And she's watched J/S vids!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            Shipping News

This isn't for everyone, but those of us who gravitate to UST and endless possibilities of the heart on both SG1 and SGA, I think you'll like this fan video. It came across as sweet and simple ... really very nice ... and, hey, it's almost Valentine's Day anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLi...elated&search=

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLipBsDmI

Enjoy!
                            Cute, thanks. I love ship hehe.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Awww, I love babies. I always want more when I see one. *sighs happily*

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                            And I read somewhere (I can't remember where exactly sorry) that someone noticed that Amanda's character is crying on the image we got of Sanctuary... So I tried to scrutinize it lol but I can't really decide, what do you think ?
                            I thought she was crying, too.

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                            Me! Me! Me! I am even a Pastafarian.

(And Sky, be warned that the Flying Spaghetti Monster will protect me from all noodle associated attacks.)
                            LOL!

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                            Hey, do you all remember the "Crazy 8's" festival Amanda was involved with around mid/late last year? The short films thing? I remember posting a pic from the showing of the films of Amanda and Alan, but going back there again the other day they have trailers of each of the films that I, at least, had never seen before. The trailer of Amanda's one is just her

If anyone wants to see:

http://www.crazy8s.cc/films2006.html

which one is hers is rather obvious
                            Thank you!
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                              LOL!

Thank you!

NP

Spoiler:
                              I'm pretty sure I saw "Are there naked videos of me on the Internet"?!?! flash through her mind

buahah, first thought that came to my mind of what she was thinking was

Spoiler:
                              Oh god no, how did THAT vid get on the internet???

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Akk! Youtube isn't working for me!

*dies*
                                Too bad Spazzie. She gave away TONS of details. And was so impressed with you at Shore Leave and GABIT 2 that she insisted her character be named after you.

PSYCH! Seriously, it's a good interview. She is so relaxed with these hosts. Some interesting details. Gamers should love it. AT looks great. What a shock. Doesn't she always?

suse
                                is Australia far enough away from Spaz when she reads this?
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X