Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

I know I don't usually wear all this gear for my experiments but with Jack helping I figured I needed the extra protection.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Ah man, I was just thinking Sal, wouldn't it have been great to be Amanda's stand in kisser?
      Kissing RDA, it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it!
      I'd be more than willing to volunteer!
      Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      How did I not notice that small boy in the Sanctuary poster? Gah!

The only horror movies that ever really terrified were the ones with creepy/evil children.

Oh, and I couldn't sleep for months after that X-Files episode with that guy with no legs who pulled himself around on a trolley. It was the creepy squeaking of the wheels. Couldn't he take over other people's bodies or something? Does it ring a bell for anyone? I would like to re-watch it because it probably isn't that scary.

Oh, completely off topic. The point was...

Do you think Sanctuary could be a thriller type... thing?
      Please, no! I hope it isn't a thriller thriller! Suspenseful, yes! Apocolyptic, sure! Make this chicken so scared I can't sleep, please no!
      I think the post-apocalyptic scenario seems a good bet. I just love seeing her in the middle of the promo pic and definitely "in charge" of something! Or Amanda as a leader of a band of rebels/misfits in a dystopian society?! (At least it looks that way.)

I've been waiting since the S9 debacle to see her in charge of something again even if it's another world, another show. Way to go, Amanda!
      I think it is pretty obvious that she is the main character. I'd love to see her in charge or butting heads with the one who is in charge. I just can't wait!

Comment

Kat, LOL ... it's been a weird winter across the states. You and Strix are getting ice and snow and me, new in the Berkshires, getting what the locals are calling "no winter at all" ... we haven't had any major snowfalls. Hehehehe ... that's okay with me! I've already gotten used to the single-digit temps and brushing "light snow" off my car in the mornings.
        One of the predicted consequences of global warming is a period in which there will be greater weather extremes... hotter and colder weather for some regions, more severe storms, drought and flooding, etc. So some areas are likely to see colder, wetter winters while other areas will have milder. Basically, expect the unexpected (and at greater severity than normal).

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
          As excited as I am about Sanctuary and seeing Amanda do something totally different, it didn't occur to me until just now that because this is going to be an internet series, it would not be eligible for an Emmy Award, though I would assume it would still be eligible for other types of awards.

(Yeah, I'm thinking big, aren't I?)

Anyway, it's going to be the first of it's kind of show and I am SO looking forward to the publicity that it will undoubtedly generate. The prospect of seeing Amanda doing lots of interviews to promote the show makes me incredibly happy!!!
          Someday, the team that brought us Sanctuary (read Amanda) will be given a life time achievement award for being among the first to brave this new medium, so don't worry too much. There will be new categories of awards for internet series. This is big! Groundbreaking! And Amanda is right in the middle of it.

Comment

Captionary anyone?!

Well now I'm ready to head for Toronto.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

[CENTER][B]Captionary anyone?!

I make one crack about tank tops not being official Air Force uniforms and this is what I get next?

Comment

Ah Sir, no you don't have to check to make sure all the buckles are fastened correctly.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                  Punksutawney Phil DID NOT see his shadow this year.

Spring is earlier, thus the certain new project slated for spring, will start earlier, yes?

Not a success, nah. Do I still get the TVM passes and an all-expense paid trip, and time off work?

Spring is early this year?!? ...Looks out window at this years first snow fall... Are ya sure? Yessss finally got snow!!!

As far as there being ship in Sanctuary?? Well I do tend to ship for just about every series I watch , but if it has strong characters and a good story...Then I'm OK without ship. Like others have said maybe she is married, divorced or widowed, but really I prefer it to be just a secondary arc.

Maybe it's the Batman Returns reference , but I keep picturing AT playing a vigilante type character. Maybe playing the unwilling, but wise leader fighting off some enemy. While she battles through her own personal war with the enemy, loss of a loved one or something in her past. Which I think would be really cool...

Comment

Captionary anyone?!

"With all due respect Sir, if you don't stop calling me Fluffywuffykins, I swear I'll..."

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/IceSam1.jpg

Sam: I'm sorry sir, but I just don't understand how putting that bullseye sticker on my back is going to make the jump easier for Teal'c.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 February 2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Spring is early this year?!? ...Looks out window at this years first snow fall... Are ya sure? Yessss finally got snow!!!

As far as there being ship in Sanctuary?? Well I do tend to ship for just about every series I watch , but if it has strong characters and a good story...Then I'm OK without ship. Like others have said maybe she is married, divorced or widowed, but really I prefer it to be just a secondary arc.

Maybe it's the Batman Returns reference , but I keep picturing AT playing a vigilante type character. Maybe playing the unwilling, but wise leader fighting off some enemy. While she battles through her own personal war with the enemy, loss of a loved one or something in her past. Which I think would be really cool...
                        That's what I'm kind of hoping for at the moment, too. I love the idea of Amanda's character as a vigilante. I keep checking Amanda's site for more news. I can't wait to hear something new about this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                          That's what I'm kind of hoping for at the moment, too. I love the idea of Amanda's character as a vigilante. I keep checking Amanda's site for more news. I can't wait to hear something new about this one!
                          I keep checking the Santuary sight as well. I'm also up for that idea. I think Amanda could play that one really well, she's certainly got the talent for it, and I'm thinking if anyone is the vigilante/leader it would be her. She is in the middle of the picture, at the top of the picture and the focus, the one who causes everyones eyes to gaze at her first because that's how the picture works.

That and Amanda just does that anyway.

Wendy
                          Hugs
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam View Post
                            "With all due respect Sir, if you don't stop calling me Fluffywuffykins, I swear I'll..."
                            ROFLMAO!

Glad I'd put my mug of tea down. Wouldn't have done my new keyboard any good at all!

Kay aka Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Dad, haven't I warned you about telling Teal'c that Star Wars is a work of fiction?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Jacob: Did i just see what i think i saw?
                                Sam: Yep, that's Teal'c in a thong.
                                Jacob : I think Selmac just had a stroke
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X