Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Wow, the new project looks neat. And interactive episodes? How cool is that? Even though I'm not exactly sure what it means - alternate "forks" or endings based on the click of a mouse? You make a significant character decision and the episode takes a different turn? Velly Intellesting.

And I think super smart move on AT's part, completely different look, no Carter stereotyping/ expectations/ character carryover.

Can't wait!

Wonder how the internet access part of it works?
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

Wow, the new project looks neat. And interactive episodes? How cool is that? Even though I'm not exactly sure what it means - alternate "forks" or endings based on the click of a mouse? You make a significant character decision and the episode takes a different turn? Velly Intellesting.

And I think super smart move on AT's part, completely different look, no Carter stereotyping/ expectations/ character carryover.

Can't wait!

Holy Hannah, tagger, you really do have a thing for dinnerware, don't you!

I've been busy with RL and feel completely "out of phase" coming back here so many pages later ... just saw one quick photo of Amanda in her new show. I'm stunned at the look and the demonic undertones to the designs ... eerie, my dearies!

But where is David Hewlett in the promo shot?
      Spoiler:
      Don't tell me he's the monstrous looking thing on the left?! Amanda as a brunette; DH as a beasty. I guess they could have called it "Beauty and the Beast" but that has so been done.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        To me, the character in the bottom left side of the pic. kinda looks like a werewolf. That's about it to me.
        Ha! I thought that was Rodney in disguise!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          Holy Hannah, tagger, you really do have a thing for dinnerware, don't you!

I've been busy with RL and feel completely "out of phase" coming back here so many pages later ... just saw one quick photo of Amanda in her new show. I'm stunned at the look and the demonic undertones to the designs ... eerie, my dearies!

But where is David Hewlett in the promo shot?
          Spoiler:
          Don't tell me he's the monstrous looking thing on the left?! Amanda as a brunette; DH as a beasty. I guess they could have called it "Beauty and the Beast" but that has so been done.
          I'm not really sure what part David will play on the show, but from the GW post he'll be a guest star. It says Amanda and Christopher Heyerdahl will be staring in the series and they will be adding two new members to the cast. I wonder if that means in addition to the five we see in the picture. I believe Christopher is the man on the right. I never saw him on Atlantis, but I think he played Pallan in SG-1's Revision.

I really wish Amanda, Martin and everyone else involved with this new series the best of luck. I think it's great that they are taking such a bold step into a new direction of entertainment. Like Strix said, I will definitely be spreading the word as we get more details.

Comment

Can't wait!

Well knowing the Samandans around here, I think Amanda's character would be getting whumped a lot
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok here's a new little game...

From looking at the promo photo, what do you think the series will be about? What is Sanctuary?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                I'm not really sure what part David will play on the show, but from the GW post he'll be a guest star. It says Amanda and Christopher Heyerdahl will be staring in the series and they will be adding two new members to the cast. I wonder if that means in addition to the five we see in the picture. I believe Christopher is the man on the right. I never saw him on Atlantis, but I think he played Pallan in SG-1's Revision.

I really wish Amanda, Martin and everyone else involved with this new series the best of luck. I think it's great that they are taking such a bold step into a new direction of entertainment. Like Strix said, I will definitely be spreading the word as we get more details.
                I saw DH listed as starring in the pilot for the series on one of the producers' resume - *racks brain* Horie?? I'll have to go find it now

I can't wait for more info
                -

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                  Yeah exactly but it looks totally different...I actually had to look twice at the article and the pic...
                  You're not the only one. I looked at the picture and thought 'Hum. Amanda's supposed to be in this show. Where is she? Hum... Oh THERE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!'

Me too. Would it be something like iTunes where you purchase and download or what?

Comment

From looking at the promo photo, what do you think the series will be about? What is Sanctuary?
                    Oh, I'll play!

I think the series is set in the future, and Sanctuary is the last safe haven in the galaxy. I'm betting that they are outcasts, possibly rebels fighting an oppressive regime. Amanda's character is probably their leader (or one of their leaders), and she holds the responsibility of taking care of her people as her highest priority. I'm thinking her character may be a cross between Laura Roslin, Princess Leah, and Xena.

Comment

Ooooh..good question...well I reackon it's gonna be a bit of a cross between XMen and BattleStar Galactica...I dunno...really...but it's gotta be good...with Amanda as EP and star, it's gotta be brilliant...can't wait!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Me thinks GW is acting up again....133 guests?!

No, wait. It's possible. Amanda is just that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

search or ad bots might be inflating that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            search or ad bots might be inflating that number.
                            Yeah. I have a hard time believing there are over 500 people viewing the Character and Relationships section of GW. Still, Amanda *is* that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

Hey, everybody wants to hear about Sanctuary! That's why all the guests are here.

Seriously, there is a Sanctuary discussion thread under Alternate Universes.

Comment

:: Comes running in trips and falls. Gets up and looks very embarrassed::

Phew lots of post to get caught up on. I am very excited for stargazer and the rest of you all and I am not even going. I am not pouting or nothing. Okay I am pouting.

What could Sanctuary be about? Hmmm I hope someone doesn’t grab onto a rope attached to a bell and start yelling SANCTUARY SANCTUARY! Although it would be funny. Maybe Amanda will be the bad guy.

Since I am pouting I made a video to distract me.

This is one is for Line in the Sand. Enjoy. Let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM3W5MUzge8

Orange you glad?

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                                X