Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
    So Minigeek you can count me in
    Sweet. OK - how about anyone who's going to want to go send me a PM and let me know - but include your email address please because gateworld is tough to use when trying to PM more than one person back int he same session. I (personally) think I'll be going to the Sunday performance at the Phoenix (which is 19+). If others would rather go to the all-ages outreach on Saturday, then let me know in the PM and I'll divide it into two groups so that we can organize. But we'll need to get our collective rears in gear, to have this settled by the 28th (this Sunday). Shouldn't be too hard. How many TO area Samandans can there be, anyway?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Well I just saw TRNT and can you see I'm still smiling
      Amanda did an amazing job....again If only they can keep up this type of writing so we can enjoy the ending of the series.
      I noticed these last two episodes were both writen by Allan McCullough, not a name I am familiar with, but on looking him up in Imdb, he's been with the series a very long time. His writing credits cover a lot of the best episodes in the last couple of seasons. Advice to TPTB - don't let him get away!

Kay aka Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Finally, cute pupper, mini!! We are watching and caring for our family dog, a real prince almost 16 years old with a heart so big it just won't let him leave the premises even though his tired old body is failing. I could relate to Olivia missing Abbie as our little ones will miss this guy too.
        When the family lost our Pit Bull (she was an absolute angel) my 3 year old nephew was told she went to heaven where she doesn't hurt any more. So one day he was on his swing set and was swinging really high - he was trying to see Lady. Things that make you go "Awwwwww". Dad and Sheila have several dogs. The kid's just one of the pack .

I cannot wait to see this latest project of Amandas! Looks like a winning combination!

suse
        Last edited by suse; 25 January 2007, 06:39 AM. Reason: Mondo spelling errors
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          I noticed these last two episodes were both writen by Allan McCullough, not a name I am familiar with, but on looking him up in Imdb, he's been with the series a very long time. His writing credits cover a lot of the best episodes in the last couple of seasons. Advice to TPTB - don't let him get away!

Kay aka Mumsey
          Unfortunately this is the new guy (as of S9 I think) that some of us had problems with. I must admit it had gotten to the stage that when I heard that AM and PdL were teamed together I cringed, as they had produced some of what I felt were baaaaaaaddddd eps. Stronghold, Off the Grid, Arthur's Mantle. Insiders also but that had a different director. Long story short of why I thought they were bad was good concept just badly implemented (lots of OOC and huge honking plot holes)

I made sure to give him kudos though for his last 2 efforts, definitely much improved in my book. Actually now that SG-1 is over I wonder if they'll keep him?? because the new writer on Atlantis, Ken Cuperis isn't slated to be back because they need to reduce staff now they are only doing one show. (sigh a very sad effect of the show being axed - people out of jobs)
          Last edited by RealmOfX; 25 January 2007, 06:50 AM. Reason: added plotholes
          -

Comment

On AT's message on her website...

Great letter. I think anyone having gone through the losses she has over the Christmas period would struggle to keep on their feet and anyone reading that would want to give whoever it was a hug. Grief is a very personal journey but it always helps when you have the love of those around you to light the way.

It was lovely to hear the enthusiasm coming through in her words and her messages about her future not just Stargate related but on all her projects, and how sweet of her to remember to thank everyone for last years events and Kamil. Her joy about being able to spend more time with Olivia especially leaps out.

What she said re SGA...

Spoiler:

Firstly, can I stand up and just applaud the sheer class act AT is? Her sensitivity to her fellow cast members and not wanting to tread on their toes is very heart-warming. In a position where it would be very easy to play the diva, she is taking the more generous and compassionate route. I hope they are as equally generous and compassionate in return.

Secondly, I'm glad she's enthusiastic and sees this as a good opportunity for Carter and herself. I'm thrilled she's had long conversations with Joe and Paul regarding the role for Carter and how she sees herself fitting in. I just hope they listen.

My opinion on Sam and SGA...

Spoiler:

Admittedly, I would have preferred Sam not to have crossed over but to have done maybe 2-3 guest appearances primarily because I didn't want AT facing the backlash of core SGA fans disapproval about any SG1/SGA cross-over. The timing of the news right ahead of the TH-going-recurring news was just awful timing and the forum certainly went nuts with lots of assumptions flying based on very little information...

All that aside, I am looking forward to seeing Sam in Atlantis. I still have concerns about what they're effectively going to do with the character but I'm hopeful and hey, I'm much more interested in what is going to happen in SGA next year so I guess from a marketing perspective, TPTB have done their job effectively at least with this particular fan.

So some thoughts...

Sam's role...
            Current thinking seems to be she'll be in command of a ship or Atlantis itself. AT has commented that she thinks that command is the one area she herself feels is left to be explored so that would tie-in well. I also think they've opened the possibility of either situation up in terms of where they've often placed Sam in the last two seasons; R&D command, she's heavily involved with the Ship program, often seen on the ship-de-jour whether Prometheus or Odyssey; she was seen left in charge of the SGC in Uninvited.

My preference is for her to have a ship giving her the option of dipping in and dipping out of Atlantis/SG1 as needed (I too do not want to see anything labelled SG1 that does not have Sam a major part of it). It also leaves her free to assist either Sheppard and his team from a military perspective, to assist McKay from a science perspective or Weir from a leadership perspective without getting bogged down with actually being on Atlantis itself.

Sam being in command of Atlantis feels a little too constricting for her. While it puts her on site it opens up a whole can of worms in terms of the story and character relationships I'm not sure they want to address, and if they don't address them then we'll end up with the equivalent of SG1's S9 in SGA's S4. From a story perspective, as much as I love TH and Weir, I can see an absolute reason why they might look to shift Weir to a diplomatic role and take her out of command. Frankly, it's been ludicrous to think Weir would have been left in command after the snafu with the Wraith alliance idea and Earth almost being invaded...with the situation in Pegasus getting increasingly tactical with threats from both the Wraith and the Asurans, there is the argument that having a civilian in charge of the expedition is no longer viable.

Sam and the other SGA characters

I think one of my disappointments that Weir is going recurring is because I was looking forward to seeing Sam/Weir together onscreen. I hope that even with the reduced role for Weir there is an opportunity for that to happen.

I certainly want Sam to interact with all the Atlantis cast and not just McKay. Yes, they have great comedic chemistry together; their scenes in RNT were LOL funny, but any pairing of characters can become stale and boring and this already has just in guest spots. I know AT and DH love working together but I don't want Sam and McKay ending up being another version of Vaniel (simply the onscreen time/joined at the hip idea not referring to any shippy/non-shippy overtones).

Sam had a nice energy about her and Lorne as a working team in RNT (in many ways much more natural and easier than her and Cam in the early days of S9), and I hope that's a sign that she will get to do more with others.

Sam and Shipping

I seriously hope they take the view that Sam will not be shipped with anyone - not just because I want to protect my own ship but because as a character she's been shipped to death. Sam and her many man-friends is extremely boring.

Some of it will be unavoidable given McKay's continued 'crush' but I'm hoping they deal with this early on and play up the professional rivalry/underlying respect angle.

And that's my two cents...
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              *snip*
              hehe...wouldn't that be cool if you actually could see her in the dictionary under class...and awesome...(((Sky)))...I know what it's like to have an old dog that you know you're on limited time with...when Major died it was so hard...we've lost 2 dogs since...one to an accident and the other to cancer...I'm ready for another dog...it feels weird not having one...Major was initially David's dog but soon became mine...he was my guardian angel...til the kids came along...then he was their guardian angel!!
              It's very strange how they really do become like a guardian angel. We have a two year old chocolate lab and she's the sweetest dog in the world.

By lab standards, she's a bit of a runt at 60-lbs, but she is capable of knocking over our six year old daughter, who weighs a whopping 40-lbs soaking wet, quite easily.

I was really worried when when we first got our dog because she was so rambunctious, but she's amazingly calm around my daughter. She acts crazy around everyone else in the house, but she's extremely gentle and highly protective of Bit. Anytime she starts to cry, Cocoa will immediately run to her and lay by her side and if I raise my voice to her, the dog will stand between us and bark. It's not really a growl like she's angry or upset, but more of plea to play nice. I have to admit having the dog around has also helped to ease my mind when my husband goes off on long business trips. They truly do become like little guardian angels.

Which is probably why I still get a lump in my throat whenever I think of the four dogs we raised money for at AT2. It's really quite amazing to think that 250 fans were able to raise enough money to give four people their own guardian angels and hopefully a life-long companion.

Can you imagine how many lifes would be changed forever, if every Stargate fan simply donated $1. It's a cool thought to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                Sweet. OK - how about anyone who's going to want to go send me a PM and let me know - but include your email address please because gateworld is tough to use when trying to PM more than one person back int he same session. I (personally) think I'll be going to the Sunday performance at the Phoenix (which is 19+). If others would rather go to the all-ages outreach on Saturday, then let me know in the PM and I'll divide it into two groups so that we can organize. But we'll need to get our collective rears in gear, to have this settled by the 28th (this Sunday). Shouldn't be too hard. How many TO area Samandans can there be, anyway?
                Darn it, I would have loved to go But I don't think a theatre would appreciate an audiece member who can't stop coughing

**goes off to drow in cough medicine that doesn't work**
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                  I'll pop in now and then to share my caps with you, and feel free to snurch and re-use, cos thats where they are for....

Spoiler:
                  That neck!

Thanks again, hastiekido!

p.s. Happy Survival Day / Australia Day!
                  Last edited by DEM; 25 January 2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Darn it, I would have loved to go But I don't think a theatre would appreciate an audiece member who can't stop coughing

**goes off to drow in cough medicine that doesn't work**
                    It's not for over a month! You'll be better by then!

Comment

It's not for over a month! You'll be better by then!
                      I doubt it, I was just starting to get over what I got at Christmas, when this one hit me...and once I get a cough, I don't get rid of it
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh heck yeah, I'm goin'!

How many tickets am I pickin' up? Anyone else coming by the area? They go on sale January 29th. The Sunday performance is 19+ and the Saturday one is all ages.

mg
                        So if we all want to come then you're gonna let us crash at your place right mini?

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                          thanks for the welcome.
                          Normally I'm a Daniel thunker, but I like Amanda as well.
                          I'm not gonna read all previous posts, cos you all post quite a lot
                          I'll pop in now and then to share my caps with you, and feel free to snurch and re-use, cos thats where they are for....

Spoiler:

That's Sam's
                          Spoiler:
                          "I have ZERO confidence that what I just said was true but said it anyway because I need your help"
                          look.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So will someone who's going be able to record it? I'd love to hear Amanda's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Unfortunately this is the new guy (as of S9 I think) that some of us had problems with. I must admit it had gotten to the stage that when I heard that AM and PdL were teamed together I cringed, as they had produced some of what I felt were baaaaaaaddddd eps. Stronghold, Off the Grid, Arthur's Mantle. Insiders also but that had a different director. Long story short of why I thought they were bad was good concept just badly implemented (lots of OOC and huge honking plot holes)

I made sure to give him kudos though for his last 2 efforts, definitely much improved in my book. Actually now that SG-1 is over I wonder if they'll keep him?? because the new writer on Atlantis, Ken Cuperis isn't slated to be back because they need to reduce staff now they are only doing one show. (sigh a very sad effect of the show being axed - people out of jobs)
                              I did a search for him on a couple of different search engines and got nothing. I have a theory about who he is, but without confirmation I'm not comfortable telling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                So if we all want to come then you're gonna let us crash at your place right mini?
                                Sure. And I mean that. I have room.

Comment

Working...
                                X